post 27 Mar 2013, 11:14
Post #76

Guardsman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 27 Mar 2013, 10:42) *
Well version ingame is based after RL Tank Destroyer,AT3 Sagger (9K11) BRDM-1. . .
And as for buggy . . . Well it is siege unit,same as for example . . . Well Mole Minelayer,although Mole is a Multitask unit,
since it can place all kinds of mines,and clear the same,but it is at same time siege unit.

Except for 1 thing, both rocket buggy and BRDM are hit and run rocket armed vehicles, while the mole is not.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 27 Mar 2013, 11:16

--------------------
We Die Standing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 27 Mar 2013, 12:35
Post #77

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 27 Mar 2013, 11:14) *
Except for 1 thing, both rocket buggy and BRDM are hit and run rocket armed vehicles, while the mole is not.

I don't know for BRDM-1,but buggy is for sure,but again,Rocket Buggy is improvised combat vehicle,
aka armed civilian vehicle,so because of that it is little bit harder to just classify it with in same group of other factions vehicles.
Almost whole GLA Arms Dealer list is based on that kind of vehicles,off course,except Scorpions and Grad's . . .

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 27 Mar 2013, 14:51
Post #78

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

I need a bit of help here - can anyone clarify the difference between "siege" and "artillery" units?

And is Mortar Track gonna be Charles's tier 1 arty?

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 27 Mar 2013, 17:07
Post #79

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 27 Mar 2013, 10:51) *
I need a bit of help here - can anyone clarify the difference between "siege" and "artillery" units?

And is Mortar Track gonna be Charles's tier 1 arty?

The term "siege" and "artillery" has virtually the same meaning, some call the artillery pieces of "siege artillery", but "artillery" sounds like something more modern to designate a mobile mechanized unit, in the Middle Ages the weapons of artillery were called "siege weapons" because they were mounted and positioned around towns and fortifications in order to break the enemy structures, in the context of today artillery units are much more versatile and can be used to attack varied targets, from infantry until the vehicles in motion with a huge precision, so I would say that "artillery" became a more specific name for modern warfare, although "siege" is still used.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 28 Mar 2013, 2:08
Post #80

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Member No.: 9173
More awesome than an imploding star and a burning car combined

This is how I define them.

a Siege unit, is a unit whos purpose is to destroy defenses and lay siege
an Artillary Unit is a unit that outranges most units and provides fire support

Their roles are simlar though, but a Mole is really only a siege unit, and the ECA Howitzer is only artillary.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 1 Apr 2013, 7:15
Post #81

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

Anyone got any cool idea about what should be the background of the wikia?

+Quote Post
Talonek
post 1 Apr 2013, 17:15
Post #82

We complain because we care!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9248

I've got something in the works, it has RF units on the left and ECA units on the right.

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 1 Apr 2013, 23:06
Post #83

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Maybe on top it has the Rise of the Reds Moddb headlinebackgroundthing ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Massey
post 2 Apr 2013, 8:00
Post #84

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

I have a somewhat neg commect to add here. So ill ask if people want to hear it first before stating it. (if u got nothing nice to say.....)

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
MARS
post 2 Apr 2013, 8:06
Post #85

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Say what you want to say. Beating around the bush ony creates the impression that whatever you have on your mind is much worse than it actually is. Go ahead. "When you've got nothing nice to say, say it anyway because one-sided, universally positive feedback is generally useless"

+Quote Post
Massey
post 3 Apr 2013, 4:27
Post #86

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

the screenshots of late almost feel like they belone to an US 1930's doc.
EG: The defences,

For the US ones u missed a option of showing off the missle defence shooting over others and the "target-link" thingie. US cannon defence u could of show of the independet shooting of units inside it and the longer range of the cannon.
The China Def, you could of show one shooting a passing plane and the other shooting the ground off screen.

instead it almost feel like those old US doc. "this is the unit, it turns left, it right, it has a gun to shoot"
I would prefer to see unit and others stuff (o.0) doing what it does best or like u would see in todays doc's or doing something better then "Look at billy shooting, isnt bill a good soldier"

anyway thats my 2 cent...

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
WarWolf_1
post 3 Apr 2013, 8:44
Post #87

Group Icon

Member No.: 9530

@ MARS
I'm going to use that quote one, no some, no every, no every-other day. Thank you.

@ Massey
You're more than welcome to take the time to screen-grab such images of "better" quality; the ideas you've listed sound good. But at least such current screenshots show what the unit/ structure looks like in-game. It's a start and is something to use until a "better" image comes along. [There's to be a "gallery" section for a reason though, so dare I say "the more the merrier" in this case.]

Edit: Addition of (hopefully well conveyed) something or another [you know, when you are unable to think of the proper word to convey what you intend to mean...].

This post has been edited by WarWolf_1: 3 Apr 2013, 8:48

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 4 Apr 2013, 3:26
Post #88

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

I'd be more than happy to create some good gameplay for the screenshots via multiplayer and hamachi. If you want, you guys can PM me, and we might be able to arrange a game just for the sake of taking screenshots smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 4 Apr 2013, 12:14
Post #89

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

I really ain't sure if there is any real point in giving more effort behind getting better screenshots when most pages don't have description, tactics etc sections written.

Anyways naturally it would still be nice to get more feedback on the screenshots.

+Quote Post
Talonek
post 4 Apr 2013, 23:17
Post #90

Group Icon

Spectre is right for the most part. If Massey has done nothing on the Wiki, and the screenshots are something he wants to do, he should do it. It's (hopefully) improving the experience when people visit the wiki, and it can lead to more participation later on.

Also, we are missing a large amount of the content in Rise of the Reds, be it structures, upgrades, or the new gameplay mechanics. It currently seems as though the only things happening are people going back and forth on the units.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 5 Apr 2013, 5:51
Post #91

Group Icon

Descriptive content currently takes priority over cosmetics and lore.

+Quote Post
Talonek
post 5 Apr 2013, 20:33
Post #92

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 4 Apr 2013, 23:51) *
Descriptive content currently takes priority over cosmetics and lore.

Could you please elaborate on what is Descriptive content? Is it just what the unit does (functions, weapons, abilities)?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 5 Apr 2013, 21:08
Post #93

Group Icon

The in-game aspects of a unit. Who gets it and how, what it is, what it does, how it's supposed to be used, what it's countered by; all that kind of stuff. Right now, we have to set this up as a wiki that contains all the information that are relevant to gameplay so that people can look into it if they need an official manual. Story, fluff and lore can and should be added in later.

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 5 Apr 2013, 21:12
Post #94

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

The lore usually goes in first, because its the easiest to get ahold of. Tactics and Strategies are harder to write, because people tend to disagree.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 6 Apr 2013, 5:37
Post #95

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

If you ask me, right now the wiki has plenty of lore and maybe more than plenty of pics needed for a wiki in it's primary state. But in-game description, tactics etc are almost non-existent. Yeah people may disagree on the tactics but that shouldn't stop a player from putting his own observation of that unit's usage. If it's inaccurate then it can always be fixed later.

I haven't tried it out myself cause I don't think I qualify. I pretty much stopped playing RTS games quite a while ago, recently I more or less stopped on almost all kinds of games. This is something for regular players.

+Quote Post
melaw
post 6 Apr 2013, 21:21
Post #96

Group Icon

Member No.: 9740

Would be really nice to have every unit with a short description what it can do. Weapons, passenger abilities, special features. Possible Upgrades too.

If I occasionally look something up, I only find the lore. The Wiki is nice nevertheless.

--------------------
DEMAND combat cycle nukeneers!

+Quote Post
Talonek
post 7 Apr 2013, 7:20
Post #97

Group Icon

I have been doing a little work adding all the upgrades and abilities. It seems as though the upgrades often get put in the abilities portion of the infobox.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 7 Apr 2013, 7:54
Post #98

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

Okay since someone has to do it I went ahead and gave writing Kodiak's unit description a shot,

Kodiak Tank

So how is it? Any suggestions? Feel free to laugh at it but please mention which parts you're laughing at. 8Ip.png

+Quote Post
MARS
post 7 Apr 2013, 8:50
Post #99

Group Icon

No complaints.
Also, in RL, Russian tanks are generally lighter than their Western counterparts but for the sake of simplicity, we can refer to the in-game Kodiak as a heavy MBT type vehicle.
The only aspect that should occasionally take real world characteristics into account should be the lore. For a technical description, this looks good.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 7 Apr 2013, 9:23
Post #100

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Funny thing is.....The Kodiak is still lighter and faster than the Paladin, which is a newer Abrams.

It is considered as heavy because most of it's counter parts are way too light.

Battlemaster is just a Type 59 which is old and doesn't fit the standard of RL MBT, and Crusader is more like a Patton, a medium tank.

Though is true that Leopard 3 is downgraded to a medium tank that is worse than a Russian MBT.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 7 Apr 2013, 9:25

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post

25 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 18:09