IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Aleksandr Missions 1-4 updated, Introducing the Bombardier!
RedDeadSmeg
post 24 Mar 2018, 0:55
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13220

Well...I couldn't not update the Aleksandr campaign now that the Shock Trooper Bombardiers are here wink.gif

I've also streamlined the Aleksandr sub-faction even further and made changes to the UI.

Full changes are in the description of the download page.

Mission 5 will be updated soon.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rise-of-the-reds...r-campaign-act1

As always,

Good luck General.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
RedDeadSmeg
post 29 Apr 2018, 16:41
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13220

QUOTE (Mizo @ 29 Apr 2018, 1:35) *
I did notice in several missions you have a nasty habit of ordering attack teams (non pre-existing) to simply hunt. That's rather taxing. It'd be better if you create specific attack paths via waypoints and assigning teams to follow these paths > then hunt as less calculations are needed.

In addition to that, if you want to go bigger, it's better to segregate the AI into multiple smaller ones with the same team color.

For example in Vanilla Generals, the final mission in the china campaign had 3 Green GLA AIs , each with their own scripts. ( the outpost, the city and the mountains).

It will create the illusion that the AI forces are vast, while in reality it's really more than just 1. It's alot less taxing that having 1 LARGE AI doing the bulk of the work biggrin.gif

The A.I is certainly my biggest weakness when it comes to mission making. Thanks the advice.

QUOTE (Skitt @ 29 Apr 2018, 5:42) *
nice missions red, however can you start putting them in the maps section of the forum please, ill be moveing this lot across there now.

Sorry.

This post has been edited by RedDeadSmeg: 29 Apr 2018, 16:41
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 19:11