Reply to this topicStart new topic
New Godzilla movie
Nemanja
post 8 May 2014, 9:04
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9081

Now this is not a news anymore,hell it is like a week until projection (at least here),
so is it anyone exited as I am about this movie ?
I was like fan of all shitty Godzilla movies for years,American Godzilla was my second movie
to watch it at the cinema,but to be perfectly honest I wasn't fully satisfied with any of them...
So I haven't been really hyped about this new one...At lest until I saw first teaser and rest of trailers.

Now you can pretty much gather what movie is all about from those two trailers,but although
story is pretty much of a generic Godzilla story just with darker tone (to the point of original) and better acting,
it still looks awesome.Anyone anticipating this as half as I do ?
And do you guys think this movie can finally bring Godzilla to the mainstream,since '98 version failed in doing that so miserably ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MARS
post 8 May 2014, 10:22
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

As a Western take on the basic Godzilla premise, it already looks much better than the Emmerich version. By its own merits however, it looks like another entry in the ongoing series of dark, gritty and 'realistic' reinterpretations of classic, originally pulpy pop-culture icons.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 8 May 2014, 11:06
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 8 May 2014, 11:22) *
As a Western take on the basic Godzilla premise, it already looks much better than the Emmerich version. By its own merits however, it looks like another entry in the ongoing series of dark, gritty and 'realistic' reinterpretations of classic, originally pulpy pop-culture icons.

Well if you think more about it,first Godzilla movie looked pretty much like real thing back in the 50s,I remember seeing it as a young lad,
maybe weeks after seeing American one in cinema,Emmerich version impressed my younger self because it was big thing to me back then,
you know kid going to see Godzilla in the cinema for the first time,seeing those special effects,Jean Reno talking like Elvis...
But original terrified shit out of me,I had nightmares for years,and if I put more thought into it aren't movie where giant monster is destroying
peoples houses and burning them alive meant to be shocking and less kid friendly ?
So thinking more about new one I can see that movie will be fun but that it will be dark and gritty most of because film setting is set at night and
rainy day,rather because of impression that it'd leave after watching of it compared to original.

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 8 May 2014, 11:56
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9986

I don't think such movies can ever have a story, so its good, and i pretty much like it with all these realistic explosions and even nukes! so yeah.

This post has been edited by Thelord444: 8 May 2014, 11:56

--------------------
"He who heard is not like he who saw"

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 15 May 2014, 19:26
Post #5

Group Icon

I just came out of the cinema...
Well I certainly don't know what I have expected,but it is better than anything with Matthew Broderick in it for sure.
I'll just say that trailers looked better than rest of the movie,it is not bad,there are some quite good performances
from certain actors such as Bryan Cranston,or David Strathairn...But they got little bit carried away with humans...
I mean most of film is dialogues,and we then maybe see glimpse of monster,which by the way is not Godzilla,
rather some new monster that looks like something from my high school drawings,it is really bland and kinda generic.
We have to see Godzilla a lot later and not so often,but its first appearance is quite pumped up,and it is worth waiting.
All in all,I would not act as a some self proclaimed move critic,and internet have too many of them,I just had to say
few things about it.It is better than 1998 version,that should be written on all posters of movie,as a subtitle.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 28 May 2014, 21:20
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

As a huge fan of the old - and by old i mean the old japanese movies not the 1998 hollywood shit - i must say this movie is a huge let down. Another example of retarded summer blockbuster and another franchise holywood pisses on. In almost 2 hours of movie i think they showed godzilla for like 15 minutes at most. Even the enemy monster got more screen time than godzilla. Most of the movie was murica's army doing different stupid shit and the eternal murican family drama hero dad. They should've just called it - Murica's army vs some japanese monsters. That would've fit alot more with the movie action. Imo, anyone that wants to see this in a cinema and is a godzilla fan - don't waste your money. Wait for it on tv or just torrent it, because fuck you hollywood and your pathetic excuse for movies.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 28 May 2014, 21:22

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 28 May 2014, 21:58
Post #7

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

I'll agree that Godzilla got little screentime which disappointed me. IMO I think they took a bit longer than they should to reveal him as well. He could have used more time and some more fighting as some of the parts not involving him dragged on too long for me.

Still enjoyed all the destruction nonetheless av-7.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 28 May 2014, 22:31
Post #8

Group Icon

It took me few days to actually digest what I saw,but I actually now think how all in all it was a decent movie.
They little bit stretched wait for Godzilla to appear but it was nice introduction,and epic battle at the end pays off
for all unnecessary dialogues throughout first part of the movie.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 15:36