"shw_qst.exe" File missing from latest patch
Arsalan2378
post 20 Jun 2016, 12:13
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12979

Hello,

I'm new to the forum so I'm hoping I've posted in the right area. I used to play shockwave a lot online on Gameranger and decided to install the latest patch a few days ago.
After I did so, I was unable to play online as the main executable "shw_qst.exe" was no longer present in the system post patch. Gameranger could no longer find the game
on my pc and now I'm unsure of what to do next. Should I revert back to the previous patch or use an alternative to Gameranger? This mod has made me fall in love with the franchise
all over again and I would appreciate it if I could get some help.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 20 Jun 2016, 12:37
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Hello there, This is intentional I think as we have our own network called SWR net.

We dont support gameranger afak.
Please use SWR net by enabling it and then going to the lobby, otherwise the community would be split on hamachi and game ranger and tuungle etc etc

--------------------

+Quote Post
NikCaputnic
post 20 Jun 2016, 18:50
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12315

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 20 Jun 2016, 14:37) *
Hello there, This is intentional I think as we have our own network called SWR net.

Please use SWR net by enabling it and then going to the lobby, otherwise the community would be split on hamachi and game ranger and tuungle etc etc

Won't it be more accurate to say that it is not you who don't support GameRanger, but it is the GameRanger who doesn't support you tongue.gif (I mean, doesn't GR staff need to make some stuff with their network in order to enable the last ShW version for playing? IIRC, Hunter stated that on ModDB somewhere.)

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 21 Jun 2016, 0:17
Post #4

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Perhaps, perhaps not....I'd personally rather see everyone on swr net, rather the split around the community.

Shw 1.1 players, the curent ones that I havent been able to convert (Atleast in my timezone or in US timezones) are the ones that who dislike and insist the changes were bad.Without any arguement rather then disliking change sadly....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Arsalan2378
post 21 Jun 2016, 9:26
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12979

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 20 Jun 2016, 16:37) *

Oh okay thanks for that. So if a friend of mine and I have the same v 1.2 patch then how exactly would we play together online? I turn on the configure button but am unable to find my friend when he creates a game and vice versa. Thanks for the help.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 14:33