Skype Chat!, Awesome alternative to clear the gaming querries
Storm
post 27 Oct 2016, 17:23
Post #1

Habouji !?
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12844

I'm very thankful to Bruce & Skitt for adding me in the SWR Fans chat on Skype. It is an amazing way (other than the forums) to clarify your doubts and questions related to ROTR & Shockwave. Peeps who are online over there, do not hesitate to go out of their ways and help with every bit of knowledge they have in regards to SWR Mods.

Lately, I've interacted with Skitt, hanfield, Bruce, Knjaz, Star Abraham, Ambition, Nikola, Aziz, Marakar, ZunZero, Drew Ivan & Neo HB & Composite Armour (Don't know who they are on forums) and they help to the fullest extent until you get your doubts cleared! They would even send msgs if they were offline when someone asks a question in context, to them, when they come online. A lot of cheesy garbage going on there (some time of the day) but at the end of the day, the chat serves it purpose in a good manner.

I'm humbled! Thank you very much smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tobæ
post 27 Oct 2016, 22:14
Post #2

The
Group Icon

Member No.: 12008

Just FYI, we're trying to move over to Discord.

Click here to join.
https://discord.gg/REcbv37

For more infomation;
http://forums.swr-productions.com/index.ph...t=0&start=0

--------------------
~Not All Aussies Are Racist, I Hope~

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 27 Oct 2016, 23:08
Post #3

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (Tobæ @ 28 Oct 2016, 0:14) *
Just FYI, we're trying to move over to Discord.

Click here to join.
https://discord.gg/REcbv37

For more infomation;
http://forums.swr-productions.com/index.ph...t=0&start=0

Just FYI the move to discord was a failure, with only the testers and a handfull of people taking part in the migration.Most of the community still uses skype, even the old skype group has people that refuse to upgrade (muh megebytes?) and is still active.

So by all means, continue with skype because the thing is that not everybody is active on the forums, but everyone in the lobby is in the skype group.
Some people quit it (Sabotaj) or were removed (Bear) but other then that...Everyones there, Plus Discord cant handle calls with other 10 people without crashing on the browser version...But skype can tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 28 Oct 2016, 0:05
Post #4

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Provided the browser version even gets the call add-on installed, which isn't guaranteed.

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 28 Oct 2016, 0:22
Post #5

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

I would hardly Cal it a failure add this point. It's just as active, maybe even more so than the Skype ones

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 28 Oct 2016, 7:33
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 27 Oct 2016, 23:08) *
Just FYI the move to discord was a failure, with only the testers and a handfull of people taking part in the migration.Most of the community still uses skype, even the old skype group has people that refuse to upgrade (muh megebytes?) and is still active.

skype group main chat total members = 60
discord server main chat total members = 60
skype group active members = 9-12
discord active members = 22
and by active i mean those who talk every day in the chat

failure my arse

u should also take into account bruce that the skype chat has been dead for the past 2 weeks with no one talking or the odd msg comign threw it only picked up 2 days ago when storm and evo were added as they have questions about the mod.

this little anti-discord crusade ur on is getting old.

This post has been edited by Skitt: 28 Oct 2016, 7:39

--------------------

+Quote Post
M.P
post 28 Oct 2016, 9:23
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

QUOTE (Skitt @ 28 Oct 2016, 10:03) *
skype group main chat total members = 60
discord server main chat total members = 60
skype group active members = 9-12
discord active members = 22
and by active i mean those who talk every day in the chat

failure my arse

u should also take into account bruce that the skype chat has been dead for the past 2 weeks with no one talking or the odd msg comign threw it only picked up 2 days ago when storm and evo were added as they have questions about the mod.

this little anti-discord crusade ur on is getting old.

Not only that. Discord has different channels, meaning everything is well organized. In the skype chat EVERYTHING (Shitposting, asking for games, Posting vids and stuff) goes on in 1 chat and it's a chaos.

I can guess why bruce is refusing to join discord, he simply loses his admin rights.

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 28 Oct 2016, 9:24
Post #8

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

I think that a bit of a wild assumption, and im sure theres more to it than that.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Rohan
post 28 Oct 2016, 9:53
Post #9

The Sun Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 10041

I don't like this two timing argument. There should be only one chat, not multiple ones. The old poll was pretty clear that the majority preferred Discord : http://forums.swr-productions.com/index.ph...=11769&st=0 . I prefer Discord over Skype as Discord is far more advanced.

We should make a final poll if people are still unsure.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm
post 28 Oct 2016, 10:04
Post #10

Habouji !?
Group Icon

Member No.: 12844

Boy, I downloaded discord right now. First I did it on the web and then I remembered Skitt telling me to download the Client. After I did that, (not taking anyone's side or being biased) Discord is far more advanced, neat and systematic over Skype. And with most of the members (whose vote matters) are there and probably active too, in our ROTR Community.

Cheers & thank you wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 28 Oct 2016, 10:13
Post #11

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Theres no need for a poll, we can use both, I still dislike discord and like MP said its mulitple lists of chats just damn confusing and unessary at this point.

MP If you were still above a "member" status I could give you adminship today.The daily storm is more of a chore then anything else,Skitt can atleast agree on that.
Anyways we can agree to disagree about the skype services and till people update skype to one group or theres a major migration (from skype to discord) I'll stay on skype to look over them.The community can do as it wishes.

For the record I still dislike discord, also I'll admit I have a small conflict of interest but thats morely I have skype on all my devices and use another account for personnel reasons from the "World unlimited mins" package.

>Inb4 people who use both look at this thread and wonder why we are acting like console elitists when both are free

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 28 Oct 2016, 10:43
Post #12

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I can foresee this getting out of hand in the near future, I'm closing this now because everything has been said that can possibly be said about this topic.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 20:33