Reply to this topicStart new topic
China Speacial Weapons General (Leang)
post 25 Mar 2011, 13:01
Post #1

Group:
Member No.:

Warn: (0%) -----

Hi. :'D

I'm really bad in strategies, so I would like to get some advice for my tactics. I love Shockwave and me and my friends are currently playing it via Hamachi (mainly 1vs1). When I first play SHW I chose random general and it was Leang, so I'm using her.

My basic strategy is to get the basic defense, expand on the whole map, use Listening Outposts to spy on enemies and then attack with Burratino, Gatling Tanks, Revange Tanks and Blacksharks. Burratino are taking defenses and then I'm just going inside the base with the other units. We're all steamrollers/turtles, so I create an Internet Center and two Hack Vans. If the enemy is using too much defenses, I create Temple of Gaia and use Earth Shaker. I often make couple of War Factories around the map.

Some questions:
1. Anvil Tanks are really cool, but is there a good way to use them? I mean... what's their purpose? What's their strengths?
2. Same goes with Advanced Dragon Tanks - fun in use, but for what? In defense - no. In attack, I Burratinos/Blacksharks are better. How can I use Dragon Tanks?
3. I have a problem with USA Superweapon General. Lockdowns and those freakin' turrets are pissing me off. I can't find a way to get pass the wall of those, what is one of my friends' strategy. Hammer Cannons are the only way I figured, but they require 3lvl. On the other side, Lockdowns are taking of my Burratinos. Any suggestions?
4. I heard that MG Red Guards have a bigger fire range and they're good in attack, but I can't see it. How many of them should I create so they could be useful?

That's it for now, I will probably ask for more later, because I'm really bad in this game...

PS. Sorry for my English, hope you understand. I'm from Poland.

This post has been edited by Dabu: 25 Mar 2011, 13:02
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 25 Mar 2011, 13:04
Post #2

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

Anvil tanks shut down all structures and defenses in their radius. They also prevent ALL ground units from firing, even your own. Spam them and deploy them and his wall'll go down.

Dragon Tanks can continually hold down an area, and don't need to reload. Plus they don't die when a Ranger sneezes on it.

Spam MG Red Guards to the hundreds, the end.

--------------------

+Quote Post
post 25 Mar 2011, 13:22
Post #3

Group:
Member No.:

Anvil tanks shut down all structures and defenses in their radius. They also prevent ALL ground units from firing, even your own. Spam them and deploy them and his wall'll go down.

Lockdowns and Tomahawks are taking them out. They're just waiting behind the turrets.

Spam MG Red Guards to the hundreds, the end.

So they're good in the mid-game? Or even later?

Thanks for answers though. :') Any other suggestions?

This post has been edited by Dabu: 25 Mar 2011, 16:19

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 25 Mar 2011, 22:37
Post #4

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

That's why I said, spam. If you guys are playing that lategame, you should have the money and war factories to build at least ten or so, and while you're at it, Hammer Cannons and ECM 'sharks. The MG Red Guards do decent damage, but they serve the purpose of cannon fodder. China always does.

--------------------

+Quote Post
markp
post 26 Mar 2011, 18:36
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 176

General's powers are your friend ...

ECM bomber to disable a chunk of his perimeter defenses (neutron upgrade not needed unless you want to kill off a lot of infantry and/or vehicle drivers); fly napalm bombers through the hole; artillery strike can be used at any time. Suggest using artillery and napalm at the same time to target multiple power stations (SWG needs a lot of power, so take away her power and her perimeter defenses go/stay offline). Obviously if you have a TOG then use that to take additional power stations offline, too.

Be ready with a group of sharks (w/ autocannon upgrades); if/when you manage to take out enough power plants (and the ecm patriots go offline), then rush in with sharks to destroy other power stations. Other units can now rush in and do whatever they do best (if you destroy patriots/pop-up missile launchers you decrease the SWG's power requirements, hence the need to destroy as many power stations as possible to keep her defenses offline).

+Quote Post
post 26 Mar 2011, 21:29
Post #6

Group:
Member No.:

That's right! Why I haven't noticed that...

Thanks for your help (both of you), I won without any trouble this time.

Btw. anyone has some general suggestion how to play Leang? Any unconventional, useful strategies to share?

Suggest using artillery and napalm at the same time

So how do you suggest to spend my general points? Artillery, Napalm, EMP? What about Burratino as elite and Hammer Cannons?

This post has been edited by Dabu: 26 Mar 2011, 21:30

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 12:08