Call of duty Vietnam??
Jester
post 21 Jun 2009, 21:14
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

The next Call of Duty game (after Modern Warfare 2) could take place in 1960s Vietnam, if the latest round of internet rumours are true.

According to a "reliable" source Activision has begun licensing music from the Vietnam War era, as well as Cuban, Soviet Union and African tunes, which could be a bit of a giveaway.

One site claims that Call of Duty: World at War's senior producer Noah Heller is involved with the project, so it looks like Treyarch is once again at the helm.

It's not the most reliable source in the world, but the news is backed up slightly by Treyarch's statement that it's "glad we were able to end [WWII]" in World at War.

website http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2009/05/0...n-vietnam-cuba/

This post has been edited by Jester: 21 Jun 2009, 21:16
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 21 Jun 2009, 21:35
Post #2

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

Member No.: 19
Projects: ShockWave Tester
In birro veritas.

I'm almost looking forward to how much Treyarch will manage to screw up yet another CoD title. It's not as if the jungle warfare in WaW was any good...

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 21 Jun 2009, 21:58
Post #3

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

ANOTHER ONE? wow

well at least is not ANOTHER WW2 COD

--------------------

+Quote Post
WARthog
post 21 Jun 2009, 22:20
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 29

I dont really think Treyarch screwed anything up. COD World at War was very entertaining and had a very hard (if short) story.

I'm glad if they move away from WW2 because there are waaaaaaaay enough of those.

Vietnam could be interesting i guess if they wont include much patroling and more something like in the movie "we were soldiers" where you drop in with the aircav and have a major battle going on.

and cuba?! only thing i can think of is the SCUD-Crisis or maybe they wanna include the revolution with che guevara.

--------------------

let's cap some screens

+Quote Post
MARS
post 21 Jun 2009, 23:33
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Might be interesting. Moving away from WW2 is always a good thing but there's more to it
when it comes to making a good game. The Cold War better be not their only selling point.

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 21 Jun 2009, 23:59
Post #6

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

In birro veritas.

QUOTE (Rayburn @ 21 Jun 2009, 21:33) *
Might be interesting. Moving away from WW2 is always a good thing but there's more to it
when it comes to making a good game. The Cold War better be not their only selling point.
Please, don't force them to throw in the battle of Stalingrad again - Trey for some reason felt it was necessary to do so in WaW as well. The whole Russian campaign in WaW was just a filler because the part they thought they could make interesting - pacific war - turned out to be not-so-promising after all.

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e....
post 22 Jun 2009, 0:01
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 167

well Conflict Vietnam was pretty good so i guess well see and just to let evry1 know they dropped the CoD name itself its not CoD anymore the next one is just gonna be called Modern Warfare 2 and so if they do make a vietnam its prob just gonna be Vietnam unless its taken then something of that sort

+Quote Post
Shock
post 22 Jun 2009, 0:02
Post #8

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

Activision really needs money don't they.

This is, the seventh?

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 22 Jun 2009, 0:17
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Chyros @ 21 Jun 2009, 21:59) *
Please, don't force them to throw in the battle of Stalingrad again - Trey for some reason felt it was necessary to do so in WaW as well. The whole Russian campaign in WaW was just a filler because the part they thought they could make interesting - pacific war - turned out to be not-so-promising after all.

Well put. Enough of that Vasily Zaitsev fanservice already!

My statement about 'the Cold War better not being their only selling point' was meant to express that they have to do more than just using a new scenario.
WaW - as well as CoD3 which, incidentally, was made by Treyarch as well - had some terrible level design and it basically felt like Modern Warfare with a WW2/gore mod. WaW was also the only game in the recent years that didn't work when I tried to install it on two computers. The IW games never gave me any such problems, which is a matter of technical quality. Treyarch needs to get their priorities right and take their time with this one or else they'll never get rid of their 'we're making the odd-numbered CoD's whenever Activision needs the money'-stigma.

+Quote Post
Lucid
post 22 Jun 2009, 0:32
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 103
Shoopus mah Whoopus

if they do it right, it could be interesting

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 22 Jun 2009, 3:29
Post #11

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

In birro veritas.

QUOTE (Rayburn @ 21 Jun 2009, 22:17) *
My statement about 'the Cold War better not being their only selling point' was meant to express that they have to do more than just using a new scenario.
WaW - as well as CoD3 which, incidentally, was made by Treyarch as well - had some terrible level design and it basically felt like Modern Warfare with a WW2/gore mod.
Oh - yes, I completely agree there; I think we can agree that WaW was really just a quick conversion without too much work in it. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd nick the MW2 engine (probably an updated MW engine itself) from IW again, along with whatever weapon, perk and challenge data IW happen to implement. Treyarch should get their heads out of their arses and get some bleeding work done!

--------------------
TN

--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
beefJeRKy
post 23 Jun 2009, 16:11
Post #12

Formerly Scopejim
Group Icon

Member No.: 38
Electronics Engineer

It would be intereting IMO if they have a fictional Cuban conflict. In fact, maybe if you were a rebel under Fidel Castro and Che Guevara, it would be epic win as a story.

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 23 Jun 2009, 18:33
Post #13

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

In birro veritas.

QUOTE (Beef @ 23 Jun 2009, 14:11) *
It would be intereting IMO if they have a fictional Cuban conflict. In fact, maybe if you were a rebel under Fidel Castro and Che Guevara, it would be epic win as a story.
Tbh cuban weaponry doesn't have a very defined, characteristic thing, like Russian, Arab and American weapons have, and Treyarch have never been story-heavy. Wouldn't hold up hopes for that one, mate tongue.gif .

--------------------
TN

--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
beefJeRKy
post 24 Jun 2009, 20:41
Post #14

Formerly Scopejim
Group Icon

Member No.: 38
Electronics Engineer

Let Infinity Ward handle that bit of fiction eh?

+Quote Post
cryptkeeper
post 24 Jun 2009, 20:50
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 104
Projects: ShockWave

i doubt they can steal mw2 stuff this time because they are not using the call of duty name so i doubt that team can take there resources that's why they took it out of the name

This post has been edited by cryptkeeper: 24 Jun 2009, 20:51

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 April 2024 - 12:26