post 27 Nov 2010, 18:07
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Hello everyone,

We've been receiving many positive feedback from all of you sofar altho a lot of problems have also been reported.
Most of these problems are coused by newer operating systems (vista/win7) due to how some settings work in these operation systems.

I would like to announce to everyone that we have switched to new software for enabling/launching the mod which should resolve most of these problems and it will be released within a fairly short time frame allong with some other new features.

Once this version is completed we will also release a version that should be usable by MAC users.

Here are some details what this new version would also include:

-Added all maps that went missing from the jump between 0.951 to 1.0
-Added Special Map Tags to indicate which maps are from Zerohour and which are new/modified Shockwave maps
-Added all classic edition maps from Generals (the Zerohour versions were drasticly altered)
-Emergency Aid wil now properly repair/heal ground units
-Added New Tomahawk Models for both Regulair and Plasma
-Tomahawks will now show a laser from their turret when firing a waypoint guided missile
-Toxin Anti Tank Guns now display the Anthrax Gamma upgrade icon on the commandbar
-Chinese mines now properly play show their detonation effects when triggered
-Demo Bikes now properly show the terrorist model when paradropped on a reinforcements pad
-Added New Advanced Microwave Tank Model
-Devastator no longer shows "this upgrade has allready been purchased" on the self destruct button once activated
-Infantry General Warfactory now properly displays the repair crane again
-Scrap Yards can now place rally points
-Salvage Airpad can now set rally points

The_Hunter

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 27 Nov 2010, 22:30
Post #2

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Will this be in patch format?
I don't like the idea of downloading the entire mod again :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 27 Nov 2010, 22:34
Post #3

Group Icon

i figured many people would but with the drastic alterations to the lauch software and adjustsments that had to be made to every single map ingame a patch would be pretty close to the size the entire mod allready had so there is no point in making a patch.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 27 Nov 2010, 22:46
Post #4

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

QUOTE (Pickysaurus @ 27 Nov 2010, 18:30) *
Will this be in patch format?
I don't like the idea of downloading the entire mod again :/

I'd like to know this as well too, another issue i think is the A.I, it doesn't seem as aggressive in some maps.

EDIT: Ah too slow to reply XD.

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 27 Nov 2010, 22:47

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 28 Nov 2010, 2:22
Post #5

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

I was wondering if you could add a (Unused) button to units.

Quote from Prince Kassad's list of beta features

Guard &Close Order unit to move to guard a specific location, but not to pursue targets out of the area

This is a fully functional button which is never used in the game. It works similar to the plain Guard, but the unit will not follow an enemy unit if it moves outside its guard radius. It was most likely designed with aircraft and artillery in mind (which are not really supposed to move), one wonders why the developers never used it
End Quote

This would be really useful for defensive units so they on;y defend the base, and not chase a unit down the map.

+Quote Post
Alias
post 28 Nov 2010, 2:31
Post #6

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

If I remember right there was a close guard option years ago.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Prince Kassad
post 28 Nov 2010, 2:42
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 483

The Nuke Cannon already uses the Guard Close function due to its deploy logic. None of the other units do...

--------------------
[01:47:30] <+Nem> Core has been the fastest developed total conversion this side of Zero Hour
[01:47:40] <+Nem> All art will be completed by the end of the week

+Quote Post
NoNama
post 28 Nov 2010, 4:38
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 1198

I hope you put also an Art Of Defence map... look cool when we play with this... I think JJ & Alias say Yes to my suggestion... tongue.gif
(but someone said only noob play aod... thats not true!)

This post has been edited by NoNama: 28 Nov 2010, 5:24

--------------------
"English is not my language, sorry for bad in it"

My Hamachi Premium Network: Handschar -nopassword

a.k.a
Alkali Xix, SpyWare, ~, Bakteria, {№ή} L~T
please Like: http://www.facebook.com/HamachiZH

+Quote Post
sob1983
post 28 Nov 2010, 5:03
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 972

Could a consideration be made to make a deploy command for the nuke cannon? Or would that screw up the balance?
I only ask because I've always had trouble using them to guard. They are always deploying, and redeploying even though they don't need to move.
The constant deployment and redeployment ends up killing them rather than losing in a fair battle.

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 28 Nov 2010, 13:33
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

QUOTE (sob1983 @ 28 Nov 2010, 8:03) *
Could a consideration be made to make a deploy command for the nuke cannon? Or would that screw up the balance?
I only ask because I've always had trouble using them to guard. They are always deploying, and redeploying even though they don't need to move.
The constant deployment and redeployment ends up killing them rather than losing in a fair battle.

Deploy Command is implementable (Contra mod has 'Deploy' button for deployable units). However, it's up to the team to implement them.

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 28 Nov 2010, 15:10
Post #11

That person
Group Icon

C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

QUOTE (NoNama @ 27 Nov 2010, 19:38) *
I hope you put also an Art Of Defence map... look cool when we play with this... I think JJ & Alias say Yes to my suggestion... tongue.gif
(but someone said only noob play aod... thats not true!)

Before shockwave 1.0, the AI used to be very easy. They probably don't know shockwave.

+Quote Post
Guest_alabaster_*
post 28 Nov 2010, 16:11
Post #12

Guests

QUOTE (Casojin @ 28 Nov 2010, 10:33) *
Deploy Command is implementable (Contra mod has 'Deploy' button for deployable units). However, it's up to the team to implement them.

Speaking of Contra…

I've recently been playing this as a stopgap between the old release of shockwave and version 1. That mod is hilarious, completely unbalanced and practically unplayable but hilarious smile.gif

Just makes me appreciate the work that's gone into shockwave all the more.

Looking forward to the release!

+Quote Post
woxenrud
post 29 Nov 2010, 0:34
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 330

Yea Contra balance is prretty horrible. I remember that GLA have an AA-building that costs about 800 that can take down a carpet bomb plane alone, dont remember which general.
But Contra Air Force general >>>>>>> Shockwave Air Force general happy.gif

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 29 Nov 2010, 1:50
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

Contra's balance is rather strong. Just because you have some big ass units doesn't mean you dont have balance. Think of them as mini-experimentals in supreme commander. Most people commenting about contra probably haven't played it since 004 or something. Each mode has it's own flavor ( so let's just stop this fanboy comparison shell we ) and usualy big mods like shockwave or contra come with a big fan base which also equals a good balance report.

That being said, would it be to much to ask for some additional lazor stuff ? tongue.gif Out of all the ZH factions he's got the least new content and is basicly a much downgraded ( unit/weapon tech ) vanilla faction. Would be nice to get better models for the old dildo on treads and dildo defense as well as at least some interesting new unit for further variety. Vanilla got the marine, the exosuit and the losat. Lazor got just a paladin ( which should have been there from the begining ). And maybe, a new FB to make him more unique. Just a thought ...

This post has been edited by Anubis: 29 Nov 2010, 1:50

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 29 Nov 2010, 4:05
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 28 Nov 2010, 18:10) *
Before shockwave 1.0, the AI used to be very easy. They probably don't know shockwave.

AI in Shockwave is forcing us to be more aggressive against them or we will be crushed by their onslaught. The best way to fight them seems to be pushing forward early and prevent them from expanding (or they would simply overrun my position with massive force) and teching (to force them to building forces rather than teching which would bring their SW up in short time while I ran low on money).

It's very challenging in 1.0 from my perspective.

QUOTE (alabaster @ 28 Nov 2010, 19:11) *
Speaking of Contra…

I've recently been playing this as a stopgap between the old release of shockwave and version 1. That mod is hilarious, completely unbalanced and practically unplayable but hilarious smile.gif

Just makes me appreciate the work that's gone into shockwave all the more.

Looking forward to the release!

QUOTE (woxenrud @ 29 Nov 2010, 3:34) *
Yea Contra balance is prretty horrible. I remember that GLA have an AA-building that costs about 800 that can take down a carpet bomb plane alone, dont remember which general.
But Contra Air Force general >>>>>>> Shockwave Air Force general happy.gif

What version did you both play?

QUOTE (Anubis @ 29 Nov 2010, 4:50) *
Contra's balance is rather strong. Just because you have some big ass units doesn't mean you dont have balance. Think of them as mini-experimentals in supreme commander. Most people commenting about contra probably haven't played it since 004 or something. Each mode has it's own flavor ( so let's just stop this fanboy comparison shell we ) and usualy big mods like shockwave or contra come with a big fan base which also equals a good balance report.

Contra team is working hard for balance adjustment. I do agree that many people commenting on Contra didn't try Contra 007. OP stuffs are shelved and a lot of adjustments are made (though it's still OP in the beginning but it is being adjusted in 008).

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
Shock
post 29 Nov 2010, 10:45
Post #16

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17

QUOTE (Anubis @ 28 Nov 2010, 22:50) *
That being said, would it be to much to ask for some additional lazor stuff ? tongue.gif Out of all the ZH factions he's got the least new content and is basicly a much downgraded ( unit/weapon tech ) vanilla faction. Would be nice to get better models for the old dildo on treads and dildo defense as well as at least some interesting new unit for further variety. Vanilla got the marine, the exosuit and the losat. Lazor got just a paladin ( which should have been there from the begining ). And maybe, a new FB to make him more unique. Just a thought ...

Lazer got new visuals for the 'dildo' units, and a new model for the paladin, the railgun and the laser comanche + he will get another new one in the patch with the Advanced Microwave Tank. Safe to say Lazer got enough love in this release. Furthermore it is just rather personal whether you like the units or not.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoNama
post 29 Nov 2010, 12:07
Post #17

Group Icon

and also Lazer got their Aurora back in ver1.0..... mmmm love it...

This post has been edited by NoNama: 29 Nov 2010, 12:08

--------------------

a.k.a

+Quote Post
Danz Q
post 29 Nov 2010, 15:42
Post #18

Generäle Addict
Group Icon

Member No.: 152

Ah, wonderful, I've spent a couple of hours to finally get ZH work on my win7 and installed all on another partition and now - a patch!
Just joking, I appreciate to see a new piece of ChocolateWave after the years-old 0951. Especially the restrengthening of super-powered units is a pleasure for ZH-fans.

Good work, good news.

--------------------
Danz aka knjaepsik aka /).4/\/z aka Player 1 aka GeneralButt aka jEnaM aka Kraszaq aka AAAAAASSSDFGJKFL aka Team Apfel

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 29 Nov 2010, 18:44
Post #19

Group Icon

What i meant is lazor got only redesigns, but nothing new overall. He has the same units as he did in vanilla ZH ( except the pali ). And tbh i would hardly call a red/blue flare a visual update on the dildo units. Railgun replaces tomahawk, but it's the same function with a different design. Vanila got NEW stuff, just as alexander or airfG. I mean a turtler freek like alexander got new tanks and new vehicles ( and a crap load of them ), while lazor got only 1 NEW unit. That is what i'm saying. Out of all the factions from vanilla lazor has the least new stuff, just redesigns, which does not effect it's gameplay/variety of strategical options. As for the personal stuff ... well i have yet to see someone who still likes the lazor tank or turret.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 29 Nov 2010, 18:56

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 30 Nov 2010, 1:56
Post #20

That person
Group Icon

C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

QUOTE (Shock @ 29 Nov 2010, 1:45) *
Lazer got new visuals for the 'dildo' units, and a new model for the paladin, the railgun and the laser comanche + he will get another new one in the patch with the Advanced Microwave Tank. Safe to say Lazer got enough love in this release. Furthermore it is just rather personal whether you like the units or not.

You missed one, which is probably next, laser crusader tank.

And Laser, unlike most other factions, does not NEED new units. The new units only fill holes in the balance. When EA made the game, they gave the generals WAY OP units to try and make people play them. That is why there are new units for USA.

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 30 Nov 2010, 2:01

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 30 Nov 2010, 6:09
Post #21

Group Icon

It was not my intention to start this, but i have to answer. Tank general didn't need either the reaper or the napalm missiles tank. He was cutting through enemies just fine without them. But he got them. SupW gen didn't need tanks most of all since she was from the begining designed to be a more defensive player. And the list can continue. It's not about holes in the balance ( as vanilla ZH is more than playable without the new units ) as it is about variety of choice and strategy. When you have very limited amount of units you have limited amount of strats. Which is what unlike any of the other factions, lazor misses. It's dull, it's limited and in the mid to long term boring as hell since you've already played it since old vanilla ZH.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 30 Nov 2010, 6:10

+Quote Post
Stubbjax
post 30 Nov 2010, 10:51
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 396

QUOTE (Anubis @ 30 Nov 2010, 12:09) *
It was not my intention to start this, but i have to answer. Tank general didn't need either the reaper or the napalm missiles tank. He was cutting through enemies just fine without them. But he got them. SupW gen didn't need tanks most of all since she was from the begining designed to be a more defensive player. And the list can continue. It's not about holes in the balance ( as vanilla ZH is more than playable without the new units ) as it is about variety of choice and strategy. When you have very limited amount of units you have limited amount of strats. Which is what unlike any of the other factions, lazor misses. It's dull, it's limited and in the mid to long term boring as hell since you've already played it since old vanilla ZH.

You know, China Nuke General brought about as much new stuff to the table as USA Laser General did.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NoNama
post 30 Nov 2010, 11:03
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (Anubis @ 29 Nov 2010, 15:44) *
What i meant is lazor got only redesigns, but nothing new overall. He has the same units as he did in vanilla ZH ( except the pali ). And tbh i would hardly call a red/blue flare a visual update on the dildo units. Railgun replaces tomahawk, but it's the same function with a different design. Vanila got NEW stuff, just as alexander or airfG. I mean a turtler freek like alexander got new tanks and new vehicles ( and a crap load of them ), while lazor got only 1 NEW unit. That is what i'm saying. Out of all the factions from vanilla lazor has the least new stuff, just redesigns, which does not effect it's gameplay/variety of strategical options. As for the personal stuff ... well i have yet to see someone who still likes the lazor tank or turret.

I'm a noob... play challenge as Nuke gen... but when face Lazer its just attack me with 3 paladin+1avenger, the blue lazer from paladin make my command center health drop very fast like a water leak from a big hole of tank..... mellow.gif

--------------------

a.k.a

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 30 Nov 2010, 12:38
Post #24

Group Icon

For the last frekin time, i'm not talking about unit firepower. Trust me ... 3 shatterers or 3 emperors can drop your CC's health bar much faster. I am talking about bringing variety to a side that has none. A side that is just a downgraded version of the vanilla.

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 30 Nov 2010, 12:43
Post #25

Group Icon

Allright guys it's been clear what you like and don't now please drop the whole "Pimp my Townes" disscusion and move on.

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 14:57