IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Fighting Leang's Challenge as Kwai is the Anti-Lulz, God damn this map.
Jaimas
post 19 Jun 2013, 2:41
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 401

So recently, I've been playing the newest release of Shockwave, and decided to give Kwai a go. Because Tanks. After roundly schooling Thrax and Granger, however, I ran headfirst into a major problem: Leang.

I've beaten the Hard Mode campaign with multiple generals: Deathstrike, Tao, Ironside, and more.

Analytically, I don't think this map is even possible with Kwai:

* If you fight defensively, you can potentially offline her Earthshaker pretty fluidly, and, for the most part, keep your little corner of the map safe - provided you cram your buildings together as close as possible. Unfortunately, due to Kwai's complete lack of artillery, you have no way to retaliate against artillery spam (which Leang will commence), and, due to the fact that Leang generally keeps a Sentinel Cannon and multiple Gattling Tanks and Listening Posts guarding the area directly to the north means that using aircraft, in general, won't work.

* If you try an armored push, it fails. It will always fail, because the terrain in this level is akin to a biblical plague in how horrible it is. You have to drive up narrow defiles - bad enough - that are protected by Bunkers that will habitually fail to be effected by garrison-clearing weapons. Occasionally, you fight past the bunkers, the units she has scattered around, only to be hit repeatedly by artillery platforms, and then a few swarms of Blacksharks.

How the hell do you beat this map as Kwai? Historically, there's some secret to beating everyone with every general; I remember that for Salvage GLA, the secret was carefully-placed Gadflies and HiPs for those annoying artillery vehicles (the HiP would not survive the one-way trip, but it'd kill the artillery). As Ironside, it heavily was focused on using Black Widows and cruise missile strikes. Does anyone have any advice for beating this godlessly infuriating challenge?

This post has been edited by Jaimas: 19 Jun 2013, 2:47
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 6:17