piratep2r
post 21 Nov 2014, 17:36
Post #76

Rocket pods are now available
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9368

QUOTE (Banisher of Hope @ 21 Nov 2014, 11:57) *
This really does seem like a potentially game changing addition to the GLA arsenal; assuming that these cross-teched vehicles remain as powerful as they currently seem.

Is it really game-changing though? I suspect that an EMP artillery piece will be somewhat useful, but exactly what does a recycle-flame thrower do that a toxin tractor does not?

Also (and along the same lines), a full grad barrage does a lot of damage (disabling a target in a permanent way via death) and does not need to be deployed to fire (tunnel ambush, anyone?); nor does it require the micro associated with either salvaging a specific crate with a specific unit, or the micro associated with upgrading one unit to another (presumably with a unit-by-unit button). To me, this suggests that even EMP artillery recyclers will be less useful than people might think.

I do see potential synergy with hijackers, though - that could be truly epic.

Long story short, I am somewhat suspicious of how useful these units will be and I am very interested to watch the next stream to see them used in competitive play!

PS: I would point out that we have hardly ever seen the new bomb-truck warhead upgrade ability used competitively in the streams; I love the idea/upgrade, but the micro required and the difficulty of accomplishing the specific steps required to get them means most that people seem to be mostly just using regular bomb trucks... 90% as effective, 10x easier. I wonder if that will be the case here with the recycler (and I hope not).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
George_E
post 21 Nov 2014, 17:39
Post #77

That British Guy....
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 615
Projects: ROTR Voice acting lead

The EMP variant, unless i'm mistaken, is actually a heavily modified nuke cannon that launches the projectiles via a crazy catapult like system powered by a jet engine, hence the "whine" like sound when it fires =)

This post has been edited by Seòras: 22 Nov 2014, 23:57

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 21 Nov 2014, 17:47
Post #78

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

QUOTE (piratep2r @ 21 Nov 2014, 14:36) *
Is it really game-changing though? I suspect that an EMP artillery piece will be somewhat useful, but exactly what does a recycle-flame thrower do that a toxin tractor does not?

The new Flame Recycler looks better against structures, besides it's faster too.
QUOTE (piratep2r @ 21 Nov 2014, 14:36) *
Also (and along the same lines), a full grad barrage does a lot of damage (disabling a target in a permanent way via death) and does not need to be deployed to fire (tunnel ambush, anyone?); nor does it require the micro associated with either salvaging a specific crate with a specific unit, or the micro associated with upgrading one unit to another (presumably with a unit-by-unit button). To me, this suggests that even EMP artillery recyclers will be less useful than people might think.

If you only compare the destructive potential of Grad and EMP Recycler your reasoning makes sense, however you must take into consideration that the Recycler Truck is a T0 unit that has practically no pre-requisite and is a multi-functional unit contrary to what is the Grad: a genuine artillery.
QUOTE (Seòras @ 21 Nov 2014, 14:39) *
The EMP variant, unless i'm mistaken, is actually a heavily modified nuke cannon that launches the projectiles via a crazy catapult like system powered by a jet engine of sorts, hence the "whine" like sound when it fires =)

Cool. smile.gif

This post has been edited by __CrUsHeR: 21 Nov 2014, 17:50

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 21 Nov 2014, 17:57
Post #79

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 21 Nov 2014, 17:47) *
that the Recycler Truck is a T0 unit

T1 ani8b.gif

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 21 Nov 2014, 18:04
Post #80

Group Icon

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 21 Nov 2014, 14:57) *
T1 ani8b.gif

I always get confused with that. tongue.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 21 Nov 2014, 18:21
Post #81

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (piratep2r @ 21 Nov 2014, 18:36) *
but exactly what does a recycle-flame thrower do that a toxin tractor does not?

more damage against buildings and light vehicles at least, also burst damage of four/five fireballs instead of a continuous stream

this is a tier lower, doesn't cost a gen point to unlock and while slower and needs to deploy compared to the rocket buggy, it cleary has a sizeable EMP effect (dunno about the price), plus when 2.00 rolls out, one general wont have the grad avariable in the first place

is gamechanging? maybe not, but not every single unit means a total gamechange

--------------------

+Quote Post
Planardweller
post 21 Nov 2014, 18:35
Post #82

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9425

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 21 Nov 2014, 18:47) *
The new Flame Recycler looks better against structures, besides it's faster too.

If you only compare the destructive potential of Grad and EMP Recycler your reasoning makes sense, however you must take into consideration that the Recycler Truck is a T0 unit that has practically no pre-requisite and is a multi-functional unit contrary to what is the Grad: a genuine artillery.

Cool. smile.gif

Won't GRAD be Sulaymaan only in 2.0? Afterall we shouldn't forget that all factions and their respective units will be fully balanced only in 2.0. This includes roles of units

This post has been edited by Planardweller: 21 Nov 2014, 18:35

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 21 Nov 2014, 18:49
Post #83

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

It will be game changing thing for GLA for sure,but game breaking ? I fail to see how that would happen...
Even without seeing rest of Recycler variants when upgraded,I am pretty much sure how this wouldn't
upset balance in slightest,first of all,this thing doesn't look like it have tough armor at all,besides its
visual look I can assume that because it moves quite fast for well armored unit,so I am pretty much sure
its armor is probably weaker than average MBT.
Second,you just can't spam it so effectively,since it is not produced from Arms Dealer,but from Hideout,
and I couldn't see anyone spaming Hideouts in anything other than casual Skirmish match vs AI.

+Quote Post
Composite armour
post 21 Nov 2014, 18:55
Post #84

Group Icon

Member No.: 10200

Will players of other factions be able to see the special recycler salvage as well?

--------------------
Composite Armor has been installed, sir.

+Quote Post
Banisher of Hope
post 21 Nov 2014, 19:52
Post #85

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10286

QUOTE (piratep2r @ 21 Nov 2014, 12:36) *
I would point out that we have hardly ever seen the new bomb-truck warhead upgrade ability used competitively in the streams; I love the idea/upgrade, but the micro required and the difficulty of accomplishing the specific steps required to get them means most that people seem to be mostly just using regular bomb trucks... 90% as effective, 10x easier. I wonder if that will be the case here with the recycler (and I hope not).

I agree that the bomb truck ability is much more situational, and hard to use. The big difference is that the micro needed to upgrade the recycler is permanent. One intense conflict that grabs you what you need, and now you have a new unit at your disposal. I feel the bomb truck upgrades will mostly be used to speed up a base wipe, not really a way to expand your arsenal.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 21 Nov 2014, 19:55
Post #86

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

During one match I had with Comrade Crimson, him being China and me being GLA, I managed to get 3 nuclear crates from his Breeder Reactors and use them. But the match was a bit staged to show off, so it's usually not likely to get so much out of it.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 21 Nov 2014, 20:18
Post #87

Group Icon

QUOTE (Planardweller @ 21 Nov 2014, 15:35) *
Won't GRAD be Sulaymaan only in 2.0? Afterall we shouldn't forget that all factions and their respective units will be fully balanced only in 2.0. This includes roles of units

Yes, but Sulaymaan have both units in 2.0; anyway I do not know if I understand your point.
QUOTE (SoraZ @ 21 Nov 2014, 16:55) *
During one match I had with Comrade Crimson, him being China and me being GLA, I managed to get 3 nuclear crates from his Breeder Reactors and use them. But the match was a bit staged to show off, so it's usually not likely to get so much out of it.

The Nuke Truck is a cool addition but it is not something that you can count on to win a game; although I like this facility I think it would be something dispensable for ROTR.

This post has been edited by __CrUsHeR: 21 Nov 2014, 20:22

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 21 Nov 2014, 22:10
Post #88

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Yea th bombtrucks beeing able to use nuclear material to upgrade themselfs are just a cool gimmick smile.gif

It's not breaking anything and it didn't take up more than a few hours worth of time to make in the first place tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Planardweller
post 21 Nov 2014, 22:20
Post #89

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9425

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 21 Nov 2014, 21:18) *
Yes, but Sulaymaan have both units in 2.0; anyway I do not know if I understand your point.

The Nuke Truck is a cool addition but it is not something that you can count on to win a game; although I like this facility I think it would be something dispensable for ROTR.

The point was that two other GLA generals - Yusuuf and Ibrahim, do not have Grads (high burst damage AoE attack), only the Recycler truck and the rocket buggy (non splashy, but still high burst damage artillery). Ibrahim, afaik, will be less limited in terms of artillery, because he will have the mobile Scud launcher, but Yusuuf will definitely appreciate having Recycler truck to help in that department.

Hunter, will the "flamecycler" be able to perform a firestorm and is its attacks AoE?

This post has been edited by Planardweller: 21 Nov 2014, 22:21

+Quote Post
Banisher of Hope
post 21 Nov 2014, 22:37
Post #90

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10286

Another question, will the GLA need to reach a tech tier to take advantage of the crates?
For example, can you upgrade a recycler with an EMP artillery if you are only T1 (provided you get the T2 China crate)?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 22 Nov 2014, 8:06
Post #91

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Actually, the Grad is the GLA's standard heavy artillery. As it stands right now, there is one general who gets a unique replacement for the same role and I'm not talking about Ibrahiim with his Scud Launcher.

+Quote Post
M01
post 22 Nov 2014, 8:54
Post #92

Group Icon

Member No.: 10658
Yo buddy... Still Alive?

QUOTE (MARS @ 21 Nov 2014, 22:49) *
It -probably- won't require a GP unlock at all, since we want this to be a central mechanic of the GLA, so there wouldn't be a point in artificially restricting access to it. And yes, it will be for ALL GLA generals in 2.0, for much the same reason.

Doesn't this means that the strategy/tactics, of GLA, will change from Guerilla and Stealh to Stealth, Salvage and Recycling?

Well because some armies/special forces/units in the ROTR World and Real World does use Guerilla, I.E for ROTR, Jaeger.

newfactionconfiremedthiswasjustforlolz

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 22 Nov 2014, 9:58
Post #93

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

QUOTE (MARS @ 22 Nov 2014, 8:06) *
Actually, the Grad is the GLA's standard heavy artillery. As it stands right now, there is one general who gets a unique replacement for the same role and I'm not talking about Ibrahiim with his Scud Launcher.

So wait,Ibrahiim will have both Scud and Grad ?

+Quote Post
IPS
post 22 Nov 2014, 14:43
Post #94

How come nobody says wizard anymore
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 36

QUOTE (Barry @ 22 Nov 2014, 9:58) *
So wait,Ibrahiim will have both Scud and Grad ?

thats pretty much what is written right there, yes, ^^

--------------------
DeviantArt Portfolio

CGSociety Portfolio

"a dollar symbol is not an eagle"

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 22 Nov 2014, 16:40
Post #95

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

QUOTE (MARS @ 22 Nov 2014, 8:06) *

So the SCUD will become like a more dated version of the TOPOL or something similar (I guess since Ibrahiim is the Bio-command he'll have to use the GRAD to destroy enemy defences or vehicle blobs)?

This post has been edited by Dangerman: 22 Nov 2014, 16:41

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 22 Nov 2014, 16:46
Post #96

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Last time i check this was a recycler update and not "ask a developer all the shit i want to know" thread.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rohan
post 22 Nov 2014, 18:07
Post #97

The Sun Hero
Group Icon

Member No.: 10041

Hunter : Do you still need an icepack ? aw2.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 22 Nov 2014, 20:28
Post #98

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

QUOTE (Composite armour @ 21 Nov 2014, 9:55) *
Will players of other factions be able to see the special recycler salvage as well?

Should be like the normal alvages. And from my experience with salvages and money crates you can deny them to the enemy by placing a structure basement on them...

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
nikitazero678
post 25 Nov 2014, 13:53
Post #99

Group Icon

Member No.: 10536

I bet the next update will showcase the even more awesome potential of the Recycler Truck, like what will happen when USA, ECA, Russia or hostile GLA vehicle's weapons was turned against themselves!

For Russia, I already can guess that one of them would be the dreaded Tesla weaponry, but for the other one, it's still anyone's guess..

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 25 Nov 2014, 14:23
Post #100

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (nikitazero678 @ 25 Nov 2014, 13:53) *
I bet the next update will showcase the even more awesome potential of the Recycler Truck, like what will happen when USA, ECA, Russia or hostile GLA vehicle's weapons was turned against themselves!

For Russia, I already can guess that one of them would be the dreaded Tesla weaponry, but for the other one, it's still anyone's guess..

ECA and Russia variants have been showcased during last stream. If you want to know:

ECA has an Anti-tank gun at Tier 1, and a Microwave Deathray at Tier 2
Russia has Tesla variant at Tier 1 and Mini-tremor at Tier 2

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 9:49