Reply to this topicStart new topic
Under powered and Overpowered heroes, Title says it all
ECCRADIOACTIVE
post 1 May 2014, 1:58
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10276

I'd like to know if there are plans of giving the VDV paradrop anti air capabilities, also if there are any plans to modify Boris and Jarmen kell
Boris reason - his migs cam be intercepted by any anti air and the amount of time he is visible almost makes it impossible to make an efficient strike to cripple an enemy.
Jarmen Kell - he is so vulnerable his ability to suppress one building or one vehicle is worthless because he has to become visible for that wile he shoots also there i'snt much strategy of getting him in an enemy base when he can do no damage at all except infantry and one big stinger missile.
im not judging but honestly the most over powered hero is Col. Burton he's got C4 g-launcher with decent range knife epic machine gun plus he can co over mountains and cliffs and no one likes an enemy Burton in his base THAT is a real threat.

By the Way my name is Soviets in Moddb and I posted this a long time ago.
Still a great fan of SWR also you can see me in hamachi as Shimanskii, Confessor and Radioactive182, in game my name is E.C.C ® and its also Radioactive182 in the Doomhammer Streams! if you need my help in voicing units I would be proud to take part in this team I'm always proud of you guys!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 1 May 2014, 2:12
Post #2

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

i am sure you need a nice ammount of anti air to stop Boris migs before they throw the bombs, specially since they come from the nearest part of the map, and he has range over burton C4, plus his RPG isn't laughing matter in damage and range either

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kalga
post 1 May 2014, 2:49
Post #3

Writer do his best now and BSing...
Group Icon

From: Somewhere in America (currently, not always that way)
Member No.: 9758
Yes I like Touhou... and the problem is?

QUOTE (Alguien @ 30 Apr 2014, 21:12) *
i am sure you need a nice ammount of anti air to stop Boris migs before they throw the bombs, specially since they come from the nearest part of the map, and he has range over burton C4, plus his RPG isn't laughing matter in damage and range either

Agreed, I remember having like 6 Wotans and still unable to take out even ONE of those MiGs! (yes I was massing them for that one purpose).

--------------------
... wait, oh s--t! I've been surrounded by raging modders!

The forum is ripe with the stench of gamers!

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 1 May 2014, 3:04
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Well it is always when I want to send them they get raped,when enemy is sending them I'm screwed...(edit:I'm talking about MiGs)
No matter of how they are strong,C4 is stronger and convenient million times,there is no counter to Burton's one C4 bye bye
SW/Command Center/Tier2 Research facility...
I will state myself from before,Boris although strong,still needs to be improved,since he is all out combat hero,same as Burton,
and Burton rapes his ass.
First of all it would be lot fair if his MiGs would act way ECAs Eurofighters act.
Second,what is point of his Rocket Launcher if there is US player on the map ?
I mean seriously,no matter how they are strong,I think his rockets should be made uninterceptable.
He is a hero,unit you can make only on at the time,not regular grunt so making them that way would be kind a justified.

This post has been edited by Re_Simeone: 1 May 2014, 5:44

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 1 May 2014, 3:05
Post #5

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Boris does have the disadvantage that he needs to remain stationary to guide the MiGs, while Burton can use Time C4 in case he will inevitably get killed or use his grenade launcher for hit'n'run tactics.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 1 May 2014, 3:08
Post #6

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

Plus, Burton has the psychological effect of being able to C4 multiple buildings at one time. So you can divert attention away from him, then when your enemy least expects it, BOOM goes their base.

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 1 May 2014, 3:08

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 1 May 2014, 3:31
Post #7

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Boris is anti air
Jarmen is even more broken anti air.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ECCRADIOACTIVE
post 1 May 2014, 5:07
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 30 Apr 2014, 23:04) *
Well it is always when I want to send them they get raped,when enemy is sending them I'm screwed...
No matter of how they are strong,there is no counter to Burton's one C4 bye bye SW/Command Center/Tier2 Research facility...
I will state myself from before,Boris although strong,still needs to be improved,since he is all out combat hero,same as Burton,
and Burton rapes his ass.
First of all it would be lot fair if his MiGs would act way ECAs Eurofighters act.
Second,what is point of his Rocket Launcher if there is US player on the map ?
I mean seriously,no matter how they are strong,I think his rockets should be made uninterceptable.
He is a hero,unit you can make only on at the time,not regular grunt so making them that way would be kind a justified.

That is exactly what I'm talking about
you can try to justify Boris's rpg damage and range but in the other hand Burton has it all,Damage,cliff and mountain climbing, machine gun, Range, secret attack. Also the rate of fire of rpg Boris is too damn slow also his special power is the air strike but does almost no damage to key structures that could cripple an enemy base
i really liked the older version of Boris's RPG I think it had 4 shots in rapid fire that would give a good punch to any enemy or structure and then he'd had to reload for some seconds even that was better i think he was called Dimitri or something like that.
Please see my point of view and then try to justify!!
I'm sure many will agree with me.

+Quote Post
XAttus
post 1 May 2014, 6:05
Post #9

Arena maker
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10203

HAHAHAH... okay.

Play PvP please, then you'll learn how broken Jarmen, VDV drop and Boris is... and I'm sure that not many people will agree with you, especially the pvp players like myself.

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you

+Quote Post
Catbert
post 1 May 2014, 6:07
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 9507

I see where you are coming from, but will have to disagree. IMO, Boris and Burton are fairly different heroes. Yes, Burton can ninja a whole base with is uber-bombs, but he needs to get close. Should be plenty of time to sniff him out, or mine the whole place.
Boris, on the other hand, can try to call in air-strikes on stuff from a tasteful distance. Not nearly as powerful, but that way, he can take out defences quite safely, something o'Burton can never do (Unless mortar pits).
Yes, USA eating his rockets is annoying, but conveniently you can use his MG instead, which is very powerful against US heli spam and stuff.
Jarmen IMO is 'week' because he lacks direct explody abilities, but is very annoying when properly managed. He can 1-shot any plane! Including Spectres! Plus he can disable things from afar.
In short, every hero is different. I find direct combat heroes ie Burton, Boris and somewhat Jaeger are 'easier' to use as less micro-managing needed to kill a couple of grunts, but everyone has their uses.

+Quote Post
ECCRADIOACTIVE
post 1 May 2014, 6:52
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Catbert @ 1 May 2014, 2:07) *
I see where you are coming from, but will have to disagree. IMO, Boris and Burton are fairly different heroes. Yes, Burton can ninja a whole base with is uber-bombs, but he needs to get close. Should be plenty of time to sniff him out, or mine the whole place.
Boris, on the other hand, can try to call in air-strikes on stuff from a tasteful distance. Not nearly as powerful, but that way, he can take out defences quite safely, something o'Burton can never do (Unless mortar pits).
Yes, USA eating his rockets is annoying, but conveniently you can use his MG instead, which is very powerful against US heli spam and stuff.
Jarmen IMO is 'week' because he lacks direct explody abilities, but is very annoying when properly managed. He can 1-shot any plane! Including Spectres! Plus he can disable things from afar.
In short, every hero is different. I find direct combat heroes ie Burton, Boris and somewhat Jaeger are 'easier' to use as less micro-managing needed to kill a couple of grunts, but everyone has their uses.

Well the here comes another question will they make Boris change load-outs in-game in the next version without having to pick only one at the start?
I know the answer is no.
I also agree with Xattus I also know hes a better player than I am but lets say in the case of disaster your only and last option is to build Boris as Russia or Jarmen as GLA what chances do you have to beat the odds?

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 1 May 2014, 7:09
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (XAttus @ 1 May 2014, 7:05) *
HAHAHAH... okay.

Play PvP please, then you'll learn how broken Jarmen, VDV drop and Boris is... and I'm sure that not many people will agree with you, especially the pvp players like myself.

OK instead acting 'fat kid with better toy' (people that don't play PVP probably have good reasons why they don't do it,weak connection in my case...),
can you please elaborate what you meant with that.

QUOTE (Catbert @ 1 May 2014, 7:07) *

Yeah but as long as I can remember only counter to other heroes is to detect them and kill them,their abilities cannot be intercepted,
which for instance is not case with Boris...His planes are easily interceptable,same goes to his missile.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 1 May 2014, 7:53
Post #13

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 1 May 2014, 4:31) *
Boris is anti air

Only with the machinegun, which in our games no one ever seems to use.

+Quote Post
Catbert
post 1 May 2014, 8:09
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 9507

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 1 May 2014, 7:09) *
Yeah but as long as I can remember only counter to other heroes is to detect them and kill them,their abilities cannot be intercepted,
which for instance is not case with Boris...His planes are easily interceptable,same goes to his missile.

Well, I am a paranoid turtle player, so I tend not to have too much problems with Burton kicking my base's ass as I stick stealth detectors EVERYWHERE.
I do hate it when I lose Heroic aircraft to Jarmen... that BASTARD! dry.gif
I remember see USA flares countering his insta-kill missile before. Not able to repeat that. Removed in update?!

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 1 May 2014, 8:13
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (Catbert @ 1 May 2014, 9:09) *
Well, I am a paranoid turtle player, so I tend not to have too much problems with Burton kicking my base's ass as I stick stealth detectors EVERYWHERE.
I do hate it when I lose Heroic aircraft to Jarmen... that BASTARD! dry.gif
I remember see USA flares countering his insta-kill missile before. Not able to repeat that. Removed in update?!

Well yeah,planes and their countermeasuring abilities can trick Jarmen's missile from time to time,but not every
single one,like PDL can do to ones Boris use.

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 1 May 2014, 8:23
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 1 May 2014, 9:09) *
OK instead acting 'fat kid with better toy' (people that don't play PVP probably have good reasons why they don't do it,weak connection in my case...),
can you please elaborate what you meant with that.

First of all, Jarmen is one of the most useful combat (read: frontline) heroes in the mod. it's range gives it a relative safety, while it makes sure that enemy has no infantry support whatsoever. At same time, it's capable of guarding Buggy assaults with his Stinger missiles, especially at early T2, where you won't see enemy throwing anything bigger than a pair of migs at those.

Jarmen is also one of the reasons Boris is nearly useless vs GLA in it's primary role - because Jarmen is a hard counter to all frontline heroes. One shot - one kill.

Boris got certain tweaks in 1.85, in MiG department as well (but not limited to), which makes half of the above discussion rather useless.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 1 May 2014, 8:24

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 1 May 2014, 8:27
Post #17

Group Icon

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 1 May 2014, 9:23) *
First of all, Jarmen is one of the most useful combat (read: frontline) heroes in the mod. it's range gives it a relative safety, while it makes sure that enemy has no infantry support whatsoever. At same time, it's capable of guarding Buggy assaults with his Stinger missiles, especially at early T2, where you won't see enemy throwing anything bigger than a pair of migs at those.

Jarmen is also one of the reasons Boris is nearly useless vs GLA in it's primary role - because Jarmen is a hard counter to all frontline heroes. One shot - one kill.

Boris got certain tweaks in 1.85, in MiG department as well (but not limited to), which makes half of the above discussion rather useless.

That is all good,but I have mentioned Jarmen just in one post.
All of this was about Boris.

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 1 May 2014, 14:28
Post #18

BANNED
Group Icon

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 1 May 2014, 9:27) *

OP mentions jarmen
Knjaz mentions jarmen
you tell him to explain himself in the post he mentions jarmen
he explains about boris and jarmen
then you act like jarmen was never mentioned
are we reading the same thread here? duh_worm.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 1 May 2014, 14:39
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE (Alguien @ 1 May 2014, 15:28) *
OP mentions jarmen
Knjaz mentions jarmen
you tell him to explain himself in the post he mentions jarmen
he explains about boris and jarmen
then you act like jarmen was never mentioned
are we reading the same thread here? duh_worm.gif

If that duh worm wasn't in your ass you would noticed how I mostly talked about Boris,
and how Knjaz answered question I didn't asked him,rather other guy.

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 1 May 2014, 15:20
Post #20

BANNED
Group Icon

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 1 May 2014, 15:39) *
If that duh worm wasn't in your ass you would noticed how I mostly talked about Boris,
and how Knjaz answered question I didn't asked him,rather other guy.

oh, i am sorry, i didn't notice the "explain" was to XAttus
that still doesn't explain why the fuck you are acting so fucking butthurt about Jarmen when he was part of the conversation and thread as a whole

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 1 May 2014, 16:11
Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Guys Guys.... please keep it civil here no need to throw F Bombs around.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 1 May 2014, 16:28
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 1 May 2014, 10:23) *

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 1 May 2014, 10:27) *

Ok sorry, correction: most this thread has been useless (not all though, since it's still wasn't 100% about Boris), since MG Boris got some changes in his stats (and role), as well as MiGs got tweaked. RPG Boris is +-fine atm, thanks to increased survivability due to his range. (after upgrade)

QUOTE (ECCRADIOACTIVE @ 1 May 2014, 8:52) *
I also agree with Xattus I also know hes a better player than I am but lets say in the case of disaster your only and last option is to build Boris as Russia or Jarmen as GLA what chances do you have to beat the odds?

Depends against which faction. Against GLA it's easier to build a Golem tank, than a Boris - at least Machinegun Boris, unless something really drastic happens to him. RPG one has a certain good use thanks to a new mechanic on another Russian unit.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 1 May 2014, 16:42

+Quote Post
XAttus
post 1 May 2014, 19:59
Post #23

Arena maker
Group Icon

Member No.: 10203

Okay I was a bit of a d**k in my first post, so let me correct that by explaining Jarmen, since I'm a GLA guy and it's been more then useful in quite a few games I've played.

First of all, Jarmen is a big middle finger to your opponents infantry. Yeah I know, you would instantly ask: who would use infantry much? they are so easy to kill.. But some people can still make really nice plays with them and 1.85 also introduces more types of dudes armed with various nasty long range weapons. Those can easily make you pull your hair out and Jarmen Kell is the perfect solution if you are having that kind of problem.

Next.. dat stinger launcher.. downing everything it hits... it's one of the most rewarding abilities to use and to annoy your opponents to hell with. Get rid of all annoying helicopters instantly.. get rid of USAs ospreys instantly (they cost 1k and dead ospreys can't collect supplies right?) get rid of anything in the air.. instantly.. I think it's obvious now. biggrin.gif

Finally, disabling dat sentinel (or anything else) that you could NOT take head-on without losing half of your stuff is something that might really help you out, though this is a bit situational since you expose Jarmen in the process.. so be careful when using it.

--------------------
XAttus
-game anyone?

The Hunter
- Nobody wants to play bombtruck simulator with you

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 2 May 2014, 3:19
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (Alguien @ 1 May 2014, 16:20) *
oh, i am sorry, i didn't notice the "explain" was to XAttus
that still doesn't explain why the fuck you are acting so fucking butthurt about Jarmen when he was part of the conversation and thread as a whole

Butthurt ? If directly answering to how Mars tends to describe it a 'passive aggressive' person,instead of subtle mind games,then that means I am butthurt...
Off course,by your own definition of that phrase.But by ww accepted definition of that phrase only one butthurt here are you because someone
acted liked asshole to you because you acted like one in first place.Oh yeah,use Albendazole next time.

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 1 May 2014, 9:23) *

If tester have access to certain stuff,that means how all of community should figure out what will be tweaked in next version by themselves,right.
Maybe this discussion is really useless regarding upcoming version,but I think how pretentious comments to people playing current one doesn't do any better.

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 2 May 2014, 13:31
Post #25

BANNED
Group Icon

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 2 May 2014, 4:19) *
Butthurt ? If directly answering to how Mars tends to describe it a 'passive aggressive' person,instead of subtle mind games,then that means I am butthurt...
Off course,by your own definition of that phrase.But by ww accepted definition of that phrase only one butthurt here are you because someone
acted liked asshole to you because you acted like one in first place.Oh yeah,use Albendazole next time.

insult me all you want, at least i wasnt the guy who walked into a boris and jarmen thread and then acted "WHO IS TALKING ABOUT JARMEN? I AM NOT SO WHY ARE YOUR GUYS TALKING ABOUT HIM? THIS IS ONLY ABOUT BORIS BECAUSE I DECLARE IT"

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10 June 2024 - 3:55