Reply to this topicStart new topic
Cold Shoulder, Mission 2 of General Orlov Campaign
RedDeadSmeg
post 30 Jul 2017, 16:11
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13220

This mission follows the events of "Strained Conscience". If you are interested in the story please play that mission first. It is found in the topic "Orlov's Choice".

"General, I have very bad news."

"General Orlov was on his way to Moscow to report the massacre of Berlin when his plane was shot down. We believe General Aleksandr is responsible, as he was the one allowing his Shock Troopers to butcher civilians in the desolated city."

"There is no doubt that the insane general intends to kill Orlov before his war crimes become public. You must rescue him quickly if we are to have a chance of exposing Aleksandr to the Kremlin."

"We have managed to track Orlov to a large Gulag in Siberia. Sources say the base overlooking the prison complex is Aleksandr's Golem Tank production plant, so expect heavy resistance and numerous Tesla weaponry."

"Once Orlov is rescued, destroy Aleksandr's Command Centre to prevent his forces from tracking both Orlov and yourself. The VDV will support you with this task once Orlov is safe."

"Good luck General."

Objective 1: Destroy all 4 prison towers and rescue Orlov before he is executed.

Objective 2: Destroy Aleksandr's Command Centre.

Hints:

You have less than 20 minutes to bring Orlov to safety, so build your forces quickly.

There are 2 Shock Troopers executing groups of prisoners every 2 minutes, if you kill them first, the prison towers will open fire on the remaining prisoners. Be careful.

If you destroy the 4 towers quick enough, you might be able to save some of the prisoners. They will try to hold off the Shock Troopers while you help Orlov escape.

The only way for Orlov to escape is via the Hind gunship stationed near the prison, ensure it is not destroyed during your attack on the prison.

Despite there being a small enemy airbase in the area, you have overall air superiority. Use it to counter Golem and Tesla Tanks.

Expect the unexpected.

[attachment=2579:ColdShoulder.zip]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 9 Aug 2017, 15:22
Post #2

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

This mission is really hard. Not because the attack waves are too strong, but the winning condition. I failed alots because my units keep accidentally killing the prisoners or the shock troopers. Not to mention that 17 mins is really short to build up eco and attack.

The most annoying thing in this mission is the GLA. They keep striking at the back of my attack group with bikes and partisans. It was a pain to fight 2 fronts at once while the clock keeps ticking.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 9 Aug 2017, 21:09
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 13220

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 9 Aug 2017, 15:22) *
This mission is really hard. Not because the attack waves are too strong, but the winning condition. I failed alots because my units keep accidentally killing the prisoners or the shock troopers. Not to mention that 17 mins is really short to build up eco and attack.

The most annoying thing in this mission is the GLA. They keep striking at the back of my attack group with bikes and partisans. It was a pain to fight 2 fronts at once while the clock keeps ticking.

Fair point about the timer. I'll take a look at it with 30 mins and see how that goes, any longer and I feel it would be boring.

I get what you're saying about the GLA, but they are meant to be a pain in the arse underhand faction, so I'm unlikely to change that in this mission.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 12:56