IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Some questions, regarding upcoming and future version(s).
Nemanja
post 18 Apr 2013, 8:02
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9081

Well there hasn't been update in a long time and who knows how long we would wait
for update after next one so I thought I could ask some questions,and btw that could
also expand in usual guessing marathon,which I don't mind.
Let's start :

1) Will Solaris superweapon get secondary fire mod in future or that has been canceled ?
If it is still in plans,is there possibility to get available in next release ?
Have there been some plans to add secondary fire mods to some other factions SWs ?

2) Will Jaeger get his ability to call Nuclear Strikes after Pandora Protocol is purchased in near future/at all ?

3) Will GLA and China get some new vehicles/infantry in 1.82 ?

4) Would be even possible to defeat Russia as a GLA against all those Sentinels,Topols,Frogfoots and Grumbles ?

5) Why GLA don't rely so much on IEDs,since they are terrorist faction ? I think that Jarmen should be able to place one,
artillery shell IED,like ECAs SAS Commandos do,or he don't do that anymore since he got blown up half of his hand with it . . . ?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 Apr 2013, 8:51
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 18 Apr 2013, 9:02) *
1) Will Solaris superweapon get secondary fire mod in future or that has been canceled ?
If it is still in plans,is there possibility to get available in next release ?
Have there been some plans to add secondary fire mods to some other factions SWs ?

2) Will Jaeger get his ability to call Nuclear Strikes after Pandora Protocol is purchased in near future/at all ?

3) Will GLA and China get some new vehicles/infantry in 1.82 ?

4) Would be even possible to defeat Russia as a GLA against all those Sentinels,Topols,Frogfoots and Grumbles ?

5) Why GLA don't rely so much on IEDs,since they are terrorist faction ? I think that Jarmen should be able to place one,
artillery shell IED,like ECAs SAS Commandos do,or he don't do that anymore since he got blown up half of his hand with it . . . ?

1./2.
We are currently planning to implement some changes to the Pandora Protocol. Right now, it grants you an amazing glass cannon of a unit as well as modifications to a number of General Powers. We felt that this approach turns certain powers into no brainer choices (i.e. if you go for the Pandora, you WILL want to get the Tear Gas Strike and the Smart Bomb in order to get all the benefits). For this reason, we are going to expand on the Protocol so that you still get some benefits out of it if you don't want to use these particular powers. The Solaris' secondary fire mode will be a part of this change. Jaeger's missile ability however will be most likely be scrapped, as we want to go for something more unique than "Pandora = neutron everything", which is why he will remain unchanged. We are yet to decide which version is going to put these changes into effect, so do NOT expect to get more details anytime soon.

Like hell they will.

The GLA still has many things that Russia is severely lacking, namely stealth, mobility and spamming capabilities. On their own, every single GLA unit may be inferior to its Russian counterpart, but losing a bunch of Scorpions is obviously less of a big deal to a GLA player as losing a bunch of Kodiaks is to Russia. The Topol in particular will be a glass cannon very much like the Pandora. It gives you a lot of destruction in return but losing one will cost you a fortune. Right now, we are also looking into the possibility of having a unique mini-mechanic built around the Topol from which the GLA would benefit in a special way but we're yet to see if it works out.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having an additional ability for Kell and an IED does seem like an appropriate choice. Suppose I'll bring this up to The Hunter at some point.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 18 Apr 2013, 8:58
Post #3

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

On the subject of IEDs, I was thinking of late that Yussuf could get a Infantry unit that places a cheap, directed IED that is useful against single/small group targets but does significant damage to them. Would be fitting to his playstyle IMO.

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 18 Apr 2013, 8:58

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 18 Apr 2013, 9:23
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 18 Apr 2013, 9:51) *
1./2.
We are currently planning to implement some changes to the Pandora Protocol. Right now, it grants you an amazing glass cannon of a unit as well as modifications to a number of General Powers. We felt that this approach turns certain powers into no brainer choices (i.e. if you go for the Pandora, you WILL want to get the Tear Gas Strike and the Smart Bomb in order to get all the benefits). For this reason, we are going to expand on the Protocol so that you still get some benefits out of it if you don't want to use these particular powers. The Solaris' secondary fire mode will be a part of this change. Jaeger's missile ability however will be most likely be scrapped, as we want to go for something more unique than "Pandora = neutron everything", which is why he will remain unchanged. We are yet to decide which version is going to put these changes into effect, so do NOT expect to get more details anytime soon.

Can't wait to see how all of that will turn out.
As for Jaeger's missiles . . . Well,I think that you are right about that,shame we would not see it how that would work
in game,but still,Jaeger is pretty good universal hero,so with that ability it would become little bit OP.

The GLA still has many things that Russia is severely lacking, namely stealth, mobility and spamming capabilities. On their own, every single GLA unit may be inferior to its Russian counterpart, but losing a bunch of Scorpions is obviously less of a big deal to a GLA player as losing a bunch of Kodiaks is to Russia. The Topol in particular will be a glass cannon very much like the Pandora. It gives you a lot of destruction in return but losing one will cost you a fortune. Right now, we are also looking into the possibility of having a unique mini-mechanic built around the Topol from which the GLA would benefit in a special way but we're yet to see if it works out.

Well yeah,but Russians can easily purchase goggles so GLA can be easily be busted . . .
Although I don't play PVP matches I watch almost all replays community release and I can hardly
remember that I saw GLA win some faction other than . . . . . . Well . . . GLA. :\

As about that upcoming new GLAs game mechanic I can't wait to see it revealed to the public,
I hope that it can really backfire GLAs opponents.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having an additional ability for Kell and an IED does seem like an appropriate choice. Suppose I'll bring this up to The Hunter at some point.

Well Kell and Boris jumps out of all of heroes . . .

Burton is best combat hero,
Lotus is perfect infiltrator,
Jaeger is like I said universal,good balance between infiltrator and combatant,
Boris . . . Well Boris can easily crack open tanks with RL,but he is useless against USA,
I mean USA now have those laser countermeasures everywhere,I think that Boris' missile
shouldn't be interceptable.And his major weakness
is that he is glowing and is revealed all time while he is aiming,PKM Boris is little bit better
but still he is also little bit too much revealed for one hero unit.
And Jarmen while great at sniping and taking out air threats,he is somehow still shallow . . .
Yeah you can really f**k up ECA with suppressing their Solaris Reactor but still I feel that
he needs something more (JMHO).IED with effect that throws vehicles and infantry all around
would be somehow appropriate,again just MHO.

+Quote Post
General Tatarin
post 18 Apr 2013, 10:20
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 9100

Let "call in" power be unique to Boris, because he is a hero of assault faction.For me, MiG bombers associate with heavy assault, pretty good suits assault faction design. And I agree with Mars, I think Jaeger should get something different. Keep up the good work!

And what about Jermen Kell. I think this hero with IED would be to much OP. For now, Jermen Kell, Demo Trucks and some Hijeckers looks pretty good combination for me smile.gif

This post has been edited by General Tatarin: 18 Apr 2013, 10:22

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 18 Apr 2013, 10:26
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (General Tatarin @ 18 Apr 2013, 11:20) *
Let "call in" power be unique to Boris, because he is a hero of assault faction.For me, MiG bombers associate with heavy assault, pretty good suits assault faction design. And I agree with Mars, I think Jaeger should get something different. Keep up the good work!

I think that Mars stated Pandora protocol would be expanded in different way,
not adding something new to Jaeger . . .

QUOTE (General Tatarin @ 18 Apr 2013, 11:20) *
And what about Jermen Kell. I think this hero with IED would be to much OP. For now, Jermen Kell, Demo Trucks and some Hijeckers looks pretty good combination for me smile.gif

Would be really ?
He is silly compared to Burton,and both are combat oriented heroes,
he is also silly compared to what Lotus can do to,and Lotus isn't even combat unit.

+Quote Post
General Tatarin
post 18 Apr 2013, 10:39
Post #7

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 18 Apr 2013, 10:51) *
Jaeger's missile ability however will be most likely be scrapped, as we want to go for something more unique than "Pandora = neutron everything", which is why he will remain unchanged.

Missile ability is "call in" ability, which is scrapped. Jaeger will remain unchanged. What's so hard to understand? "Call in" ability remains unique for Boris, for assault faction.

This post has been edited by General Tatarin: 18 Apr 2013, 10:46

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 18 Apr 2013, 10:44
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (General Tatarin @ 18 Apr 2013, 11:39) *
Missile ability is "call in" ability, which is scrapped. Jaeger will remain unchanged. What's so hard to understand? "Call in" ability remains unique for Boris, for assault faction.

"And I agree with Mars, I think Jaeger should get something different."
"Jaeger will remain unchanged."

You are drunk ?

+Quote Post
General Tatarin
post 18 Apr 2013, 10:47
Post #9

Group Icon

Edit button not worked, as it should.
Anyways, I don't play with ECA. I take priority to play against this faction. smile.gif

This post has been edited by General Tatarin: 18 Apr 2013, 10:58

+Quote Post
MARS
post 18 Apr 2013, 12:48
Post #10

Group Icon

Just to be exactly clear: Jaeger will rmain unchanged from his present state. The missile call-in, which we were yet to add according to his old description, will not be added anymore.

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 18 Apr 2013, 17:52
Post #11

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 18 Apr 2013, 2:02) *
Well there hasn't been update in a long time and who knows how long we would wait
for update[...]

>2 weeks

Ohh how we have spoiled you all.

Back in my day we had to wait at least a month for an update 8I.gif

Oh and for the record we are adding new units/upgrades/features for each faction.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 18 Apr 2013, 17:53
Post #12

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 18 Apr 2013, 17:52) *
>2 weeks.

Oh come on that was an April fools one tongue.gif.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 18 Apr 2013, 18:37
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

QUOTE (dangerman1337 @ 18 Apr 2013, 18:53) *
Oh come on that was an April fools one tongue.gif.

But it was an update... -ish.

--------------------

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 18 Apr 2013, 18:59
Post #14

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Between shockwave updates and even after the complition of that mod there were times when people wondered if SWR just shut down on Moddb.....
Nothing new, no life etc

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mcbob
post 18 Apr 2013, 19:38
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 52

QUOTE (dangerman1337 @ 18 Apr 2013, 9:58) *
On the subject of IEDs, I was thinking of late that Yussuf could get a Infantry unit that places a cheap, directed IED that is useful against single/small group targets but does significant damage to them. Would be fitting to his playstyle IMO.

The Demo Track does the same exact thing but more efficiently and incredibly less micro-intensive than if it were an infantry unit (i.e. a worker building demo traps everywhere).

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 18 Apr 2013, 20:27
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 18 Apr 2013, 18:52) *
>2 weeks

Well can we really consider April Fools as an real update ?
But yeah,how not to be spoiled after all those last years updates,
they were coming like every week,and they were really interesting to
read,with all those little pictures and renders of new stuff . . .
Spoiled to the bone . . .

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 18 Apr 2013, 21:05
Post #17

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

Fear not. Updates are near.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Talonek
post 18 Apr 2013, 21:16
Post #18

We complain because we care!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9248

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 18 Apr 2013, 14:27) *
they were coming like every week,and they were really interesting to
read,with all those little pictures and renders of new stuff . . .
Spoiled to the bone . . .

Toward the end, they came 2-3 times a week. Damn, that was great. av-7.gif

A break is always nice, tho.

+Quote Post
Joe Kidd
post 19 Apr 2013, 4:01
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 9606

i dont like to beg for updates (nothing against simeone), the developers have lives too,

im just thankful for interactive revs, a busy community and fairly common updates

i remember the old days of 1.2 (im new to the forums, not the mod) when it was considered dead

i perfectly fine with this break, i think the devs need one after releasing 1.7, 1.72 and 1.8 in one year

P.S. i do like the idea of Jarmen getting a commando like IED

--------------------

"You can't kill the Messiah..."

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 19 Apr 2013, 6:54
Post #20

Group Icon

Can I ask without making new thread,
where you guys did find those pictures used for Generals ?

I know some of them,
Leonid Zhukov uses RL Georgy Zhukov picture,
General Charles uses Mike Jackson's one,
General Wolfgang uses one from former general Wolfgang Schneiderhan,
and Bradley uses one of General William Westmoreland . . .

Now who are people from rest of pictures ?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 19 Apr 2013, 9:04
Post #21

Group Icon

Gen. Zhukov = RL Marshal Georgy Zhukov
Gen. Orlov = Picture of an ordinary Russian Army bloke likely taken from a Military Photos thread.
Gen. Aleksandr = Heavily photoshoped picture of an American fire fighter IIRC

Gen. Wolfgang = RL General Wolfgang Schneiderhan
Gen. Charles = RL General 'Mike' Jackson
Gen. Willem = RL General 'Peter' van Uhm

The US and Chinese Generals all use cameos from the original Alpha Generals. Bradley is obviously based on an iconic photo of Westmoreland, but that's something the original developers did, not us.
The GLA Generals are photoshopped pictures of gruff-looking Taliban fighters.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 19 Apr 2013, 18:32
Post #22

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 19 Apr 2013, 10:04) *
The GLA Generals are photoshopped pictures of gruff-looking Taliban fighters.

Imagine look at their faces if they would see themselves . . . Ofc if they are alive . . .

Question about GLA,since they are controlling pretty much of Congo basin,why there is
no General of local descent,I mean black guy ?
Three Arabians in control of pretty much of Africa inhabited with blacks . . .
Is there any chance that we would see some black dude on cameos of some new GLA infantry units ?
It would be cool because it would somehow pay tribute to dumped African faction intended to be part of original Generals.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 19 Apr 2013, 18:38
Post #23

Group Icon

The images of the GLA Generals were made long before it became an important story element that they're not merely active in, but literally in control of Central Africa, hence why they still have the Arabic background - although being born in a French ghetto, Ibrahiim could possibly have (North) African roots. Personally, I wouldn't mind them having a few units with a distinctly African appearance even if it's only the cameo, but that's something we'll have to decide during development.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 19 Apr 2013, 20:54
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 19 Apr 2013, 19:38) *
The images of the GLA Generals were made long before it became an important story element that they're not merely active in, but literally in control of Central Africa, hence why they still have the Arabic background - although being born in a French ghetto, Ibrahiim could possibly have (North) African roots. Personally, I wouldn't mind them having a few units with a distinctly African appearance even if it's only the cameo, but that's something we'll have to decide during development.

Well all of African Arabians live in North Africa alongside Berber people,so there is not big choice what he can be if we rely on information that he is from NA.
BUT,we don't see his face,since it's hidden,SO he can be a black guy,since there is lot of them born and grown up in France. smile.gif

I sincerely hope there will be paid homage to scrapped African faction in the form of at least cameo picture or two. 8I.gif

+Quote Post
swVen
post 19 Apr 2013, 21:25
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 9322

Huh. I thought the Gazelle was of african origin?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 May 2024 - 13:05