GeneralCamo
post 26 Sep 2012, 23:57
Post #1

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

I was looking at all of your lore, about the GLA living in dense jungles, where the world powers could not simply bomb them out. And that gives me an idea.

What if we had V:GO style trees in ROTR? They would be used in jungles where small trees aren't acceptable. And while typing that, I had thought of something more. While this part is optional, I think it is a good idea:

If infantry or light vehicles are under the cover of the trees, Aerial surveillance would not be able to track them, making them stealth to an enemy.
Heavy Bombers can still bomb, but light aircraft could not be able to get their missiles locked on to targets.
In campaign missions, the GLA could get a range bonus, and free camo netting from placing defenses and units under the cover of trees.
Transport choppers cannot land, you must use combat drops. And since only the USA has them...
You can clear these trees with carpet bombings, cruise missiles, anthrax bombs, napalm strikes, and superweapons, but in campaign missions this will give you a penalty of some sort if you are not the GLA.

These would serve as a nice prop to mappers, a campaign mission hazard (resembling the fact you cannot just carpet bomb the last trees in the world and expect to get away from it), and possibly a good small gameplay addition.

This suggestion isn't something like ADD NEW UNIT PLEASE or NEW FACTION. This is something that would make your maps more aesthetically pleasing, or serve as a bonus in campaign missions or new skirmish maps.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Evan
post 27 Sep 2012, 0:15
Post #2

Mapper Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 8893

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 26 Sep 2012, 14:57) *
I was looking at all of your lore, about the GLA living in dense jungles, where the world powers could not simply bomb them out. And that gives me an idea.

What if we had V:GO style trees in ROTR? They would be used in jungles where small trees aren't acceptable. And while typing that, I had thought of something more. While this part is optional, I think it is a good idea:

If infantry or light vehicles are under the cover of the trees, Aerial surveillance would not be able to track them, making them stealth to an enemy.
Heavy Bombers can still bomb, but light aircraft could not be able to get their missiles locked on to targets.
In campaign missions, the GLA could get a range bonus, and free camo netting from placing defenses and units under the cover of trees.
Transport choppers cannot land, you must use combat drops. And since only the USA has them...
You can clear these trees with carpet bombings, cruise missiles, anthrax bombs, napalm strikes, and superweapons, but in campaign missions this will give you a penalty of some sort if you are not the GLA.

These would serve as a nice prop to mappers, a campaign mission hazard (resembling the fact you cannot just carpet bomb the last trees in the world and expect to get away from it), and possibly a good small gameplay addition.

This suggestion isn't something like ADD NEW UNIT PLEASE or NEW FACTION. This is something that would make your maps more aesthetically pleasing, or serve as a bonus in campaign missions or new skirmish maps.

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!

--------------------

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 27 Sep 2012, 0:25
Post #3

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9173
More awesome than an imploding star and a burning car combined

I like I like!

Except, if this was on a skirmish, the GLA would be OP and the entire gameplay would probably change to a VGO style.

But for campaign I like! I like!

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 27 Sep 2012, 0:31
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

It's cool to the idea of being able to interact with the environment but do not know if this works very well in practice, probably caused serious imbalances in the game and the GLA faction does not seem to be a very 'adapted' to the jungle warfare about to receive a significant advantage.

It would be nice to see some maps in the future acclimatised in Africa with jungles and animals, however these things probably will not be implemented because developers already have much work to do.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 27 Sep 2012, 1:09
Post #5

That person
Group Icon

C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

I was only considering that for campaign missions, to make them a little more interesting to the player. Naturally they wouldn't receive such bonuses in skirmish or multiplayer, as it would kill balance and change gameplay radically.

Even then, it would only be for the missions in the jungle, say, Central Africa or South America.

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 27 Sep 2012, 1:10

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 27 Sep 2012, 3:43
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

The question is would there be any missions in the jungles of Central Africa or South America in the first place? Anyway the idea sounds really nice for campaigns.

+Quote Post
Evan
post 27 Sep 2012, 4:08
Post #7

Mapper Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 8893

As a V|GO mapper turned ROTR mapper I can assure we've covered all our bases when it comes to maps biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 27 Sep 2012, 10:44
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Now,I know that this I'm asking is off topic,
but since this is map thread I have to ask :
Will be there more maps with Air Station able for capturing ? I simply LOVE that thing !!
And also :
Which plane will do bombing run on ECA side when you capture it ?
Russia have Boris MiG Bomber,China MiG 1.44,GLA Suicide Plane,USA F117 IIRC,
and ECA will have Harrier ? Goshawk ? Something other ?

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 27 Sep 2012, 14:31
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

^ Eurofighters.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 27 Sep 2012, 14:45
Post #10

Group Icon

Really ? huh.gif
Not sure are you trolling or serious,after all things you guys have said about giving EFs to ECA.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 27 Sep 2012, 17:15
Post #11

Group Icon

Very nice to see the Europeans with the Eurofighter, the faction really needed by at least one aircraft 'conventional' which does not operate in VTOL mode.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 27 Sep 2012, 17:18
Post #12

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Well they aren't "getting" it in the sense you can control them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 27 Sep 2012, 17:20
Post #13

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (simeon5541 @ 27 Sep 2012, 15:45) *
Really ? huh.gif
Not sure are you trolling or serious,after all things you guys have said about giving EFs to ECA.

i dont remember anything about "NO EUROFIGHTER FOR ECA EVER" are you sure you arent confusing "no buildable no-VTLO aircraft" with "no eurofighter"?

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 27 Sep 2012, 18:17
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 27 Sep 2012, 13:18) *
Well they aren't "getting" it in the sense you can control them.

The fact that there are some fighters 'conventional' is something positive even if not being controlled.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shatterfury
post 27 Sep 2012, 19:47
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 8857

If the EF is confirmed then it will be used for general powers, duh. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 27 Sep 2012, 20:24
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kirasama @ 27 Sep 2012, 18:20) *
i dont remember anything about "NO EUROFIGHTER FOR ECA EVER" are you sure you arent confusing "no buildable no-VTLO aircraft" with "no eurofighter"?

What is VTLO,you maybe meant on VTOL - Vertical Take Off and Landing.
No I really meant there will be no EFs at all,but if they will be used for these kind of things
and General Powers then that are good news for EF lovers.

+Quote Post
BLGMGL
post 28 Sep 2012, 5:58
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 500

I don't think Eurofighters will be buildable not to mention if there ever will be any. BTW, I recall some of devs (?) said there will be no Eurofighters since Russians destroyed all airfields with Eurofighters and that EF looks very similar to MiG-1.44

+Quote Post
MARS
post 28 Sep 2012, 7:03
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

The second is the reason why it's not going to be a buildable unit and while it is correct that, according to the lore, most of the ECA air forces got wiped out in a decapitation strike, it's obviously possible that some of the airfields remained intact.
Seems like the UK will once again act as the 'unsinkable aircraft carrier'.

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 28 Sep 2012, 10:23
Post #19

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (MARS @ 28 Sep 2012, 8:03) *
The second is the reason why it's not going to be a buildable unit and while it is correct that, according to the lore, most of the ECA air forces got wiped out in a decapitation strike, it's obviously possible that some of the airfields remained intact.
Seems like the UK will once again act as the 'unsinkable aircraft carrier'.

what about spain and portugal? they are at the other side of europe, so by logic they probably are they have the survival aircraft fleet in mainland europe i assume

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 28 Sep 2012, 10:40
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

That goes without saying, really. The further away from the Russian border, the higher the chance that an airbase may have survived the initial attack.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 28 Sep 2012, 11:23
Post #21

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

(Am I the only one that can't see whatever image Evan posted assuming he did?)

I wonder if props are going to effect the gameplay in future versions or not if it effects the gamplay too much.

QUOTE (Kirasama @ 28 Sep 2012, 10:23) *
what about spain and portugal? they are at the other side of europe, so by logic they probably are they have the survival aircraft fleet in mainland europe i assume

Also don't forget Northern Africa; I guess some sizable inventory of Aircraft were left intact and then redeployed (maybe later in the ECA campaign if it comes to fruitation you get faced with a high amount of Russian forces but the General powers you gain access to have a shorter cooldown such as fighter based ones due to more being manufactured by replacing the ones that got taken out in the intial strike by the Russians on europe).

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 28 Sep 2012, 11:23

+Quote Post
General Tatarin
post 28 Sep 2012, 11:31
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 9100

Well, it seems that EFs will not be buildable units, but we will be able to call-in them (squadron) for a strike, like in Shockwave (Hornets of strike fighter squadron). Am I right ?

This post has been edited by General Tatarin: 28 Sep 2012, 18:39

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 30 Sep 2012, 17:52
Post #23

That person
Group Icon

C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

It goes from trees to Eurofighters. What is so good about Eurofighters?

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 30 Sep 2012, 18:26
Post #24

Group Icon

And ends on waffles.

+Quote Post
General Tatarin
post 30 Sep 2012, 19:49
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 9100

Can't believe. Devs team has been increased by two members. If you do not have anything to say- just don't say. Golden rule.

This post has been edited by General Tatarin: 30 Sep 2012, 19:51

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 May 2024 - 13:49