post 23 Apr 2016, 4:46
Post #27

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

QUOTE (Blokovich @ 22 Apr 2016, 18:55) *
Nice work! I cant wait to see the rest of the changes to the GLA airforce.
I have a few questions though. Does the hook work in the same way as the mi 8 from general deathstrike? Like, you buy the transport version and you can upgrade it to the gunship?

Also the gazelle and interceptor do they keep the default weapon loadout they have right now? Or is that still subject to change?

No. You buy the gunship. The transport is only used to deliver vehicles, currently only applicable to the Reinforcement Bay.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
InGhmasy
post 23 Apr 2016, 21:44
Post #28

Stealth Mode
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11090

SO you tell me that the options like (Capture buildings, Detonate buildings) is no longer exist in the Ambush coz there's no more rebels and tunnel defenders in the Ambush ?!!
if that's right, i'll not install this update, it'll be a great mistake to take this options from the Ambush, coz i always use this options when make a quiet stealth Ambush !

This post has been edited by InGhmasy: 27 Apr 2016, 19:48

--------------------
"Cowards see vapid impotence as sense, Such is treacherous villainy’s defense.
Each of valour’s divers forms enriches, But valiant wisdom is of worth immense"

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 23 Apr 2016, 21:58
Post #29

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 21 Apr 2016, 23:09) *
The second screenshot shows the new Fanatics and RPG Insurgents which will be spawned from a GLA Ambush from now on instead of generic Rebels and Tunnel Defenders. The change is purely visual.

dry.gif

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 23 Apr 2016, 22:13
Post #30

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 23 Apr 2016, 22:58) *
dry.gif

XD.gif

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 23 Apr 2016, 23:44
Post #31

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (InGhmasy @ 23 Apr 2016, 22:44) *
SO you tell me that the options like (Capture buildings, Detonate buildings) is no longer exist in the Ambush coz there's no more rebels and tunnel defenders?!!
if that's right, i'll not install this update, it'll be a great mistake to take this options from the Ambush, coz i always use this options when make a quiet stealth Ambush !

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 24 Apr 2016, 7:50
Post #32

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

Member No.: 10454
"We have watched, we have waited, now... we act!"

QUOTE (InGhmasy @ 24 Apr 2016, 5:44) *
SO you tell me that the options like (Capture buildings, Detonate buildings) is no longer exist in the Ambush coz there's no more rebels and tunnel defenders?!!

hmm... that's actually cute. If it's the case. biggrin.gif

*Insert Rik's meme here*

--------------------

+Quote Post
M.P
post 24 Apr 2016, 7:52
Post #33

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

I like big guns and I cannot lie I8.gif

+Quote Post
AtoMaki
post 24 Apr 2016, 9:21
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 12425

QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 23 Apr 2016, 23:44) *

QUOTE (TimeBurner @ 24 Apr 2016, 7:50) *
hmm... that's actually cute. If it's the case. biggrin.gif

*Insert Rik's meme here*

I dunno guys but after you turned down my engineer-rush idea in the first update topic, I threw myself into Hecthor Doomhammer's Youtube channel to see what is the meta about quick-countering drive-by attacks... I must say, some of this stuff was really disheartening, and this is just a random Lynx with some Panzerfaust - now imagine this with an Engineer instead of the Medic, capturing and selling Bruce's Arms Dealer... his only Arms Dealer at that point. While I do not intent to draw grand conclusions, it looks like some of these tactics you guys laugh at are actually quite viable even at tournament-player level.

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 24 Apr 2016, 9:39
Post #35

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

QUOTE (AtoMaki @ 24 Apr 2016, 17:21) *
I dunno guys but after you turned down my engineer-rush idea in the first update topic, I threw myself into Hecthor Doomhammer's Youtube channel to see what is the meta about quick-countering drive-by attacks... I must say, some of this stuff was really disheartening, and this is just a random Lynx with some Panzerfaust - now imagine this with an Engineer instead of the Medic, capturing and selling Bruce's Arms Dealer... his only Arms Dealer at that point. While I do not intent to draw grand conclusions, it looks like some of these tactics you guys laugh at are actually quite viable even at tournament-player level.

Im really sorry if I made you feel down or offended you in any way,back then.

On this case,I just dont see any balance related issue if you cant field quads by the time he built a lynx,an engineer,and drove it all across the map to your base.On tournament level games,players will and must scout. You need to set up 2-3 forward scouts across the map,and be vigilant (as a spehz murin) and watch for incoming rushes. That way,you could act and prepare accordingly.

This post has been edited by TimeBurner: 24 Apr 2016, 9:42

--------------------

+Quote Post
AtoMaki
post 24 Apr 2016, 9:49
Post #36

Group Icon

QUOTE (TimeBurner @ 24 Apr 2016, 9:39) *
Im really sorry if I made you feel down or offended you in any way,back then.

You actually made me genuinely curious. I'm a simple casual, but that argument made me eye with the tourney scene biggrin.gif .

QUOTE (TimeBurner @ 24 Apr 2016, 9:39) *
On this case,I just dont see any balance related issue if you cant field a quads by the time he built a lynx,an engineer,and drove it all across the map to your base.On tournament level games,players will and must scout. You need to set up 2-3 forward scouts across the map,and be vigilant (as a spehz murin) and watch for incoming rushes. That way,you could act and prepare accordingly.

Yet, Bruce still sucked it up in the example video. If Mizo had a better unit composition in that drive-by, it would be pretty much game right there.

+Quote Post
ULTRA Faff
post 24 Apr 2016, 9:53
Post #37

Shockwave & ROTR Fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 11315
DavidNeump

Fantastic update guys, love the gunship and visual update for ambush soldiers. The simplified fighter option sounds good

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 24 Apr 2016, 10:09
Post #38

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Member No.: 10450

QUOTE (AtoMaki @ 24 Apr 2016, 9:21) *

If I managed to pull off what you wrote over here, then Bruce absolutely deserves it ( especially with the upcoming changes to ECA's unit timings). Keeping in mind that I am investing around +2000$ to pull of that rush, which can be stopped by a scorpion and a quad cannon , 1300$. opposing player just needs to keep his eyes openned, to attack pathways, and once you stop it, you'd set ECA back a mile since they don't really have that great flexibility when it comes to constant offensive pressure.
Engineers can die to 4 tank shells, 2 bullet clips from a rebel, or by a breathe of a Quad , so you do have alot of options to kill that guy. If they were as tanky as any other infantry, they'd be broken for sure

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 24 Apr 2016, 10:54
Post #39

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

If Engineers were like that, they'd essentially be a mass-production version of Black Lotus. Believe me, nobody sane wants that.

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 24 Apr 2016, 10:56
Post #40

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (AtoMaki @ 24 Apr 2016, 9:21) *

Hey man, we don't intentionally shit on peoples ideas because we have anything against you.
We shit on peoples ideas because we don't see them as viable.

the rush you proposed is just not going to happen to a good player, and even in the example you gave, it still wouldn't work for the reasons mizo gave. Engies arent tanks, they will get died, and any good player is just going to charge on in and kill them before they deal with the rest of the enemy forces.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 24 Apr 2016, 12:17
Post #41

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Im sorry what game is this In question? Dont think I've beeen on the stream for a coupel of weeks, either way the lynx engineer rush can be countered by putting a few dushkas or having a handfull of rebels inside your base in or your tunnels or not doesnt really matter.

Thou for the life of me I cant remember the last time I played gla vs an eca player

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 24 Apr 2016, 12:18

--------------------

+Quote Post
AtoMaki
post 24 Apr 2016, 14:47
Post #42

Group Icon

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 24 Apr 2016, 12:17) *
Im sorry what game is this In question? Dont think I've beeen on the stream for a coupel of weeks, either way the lynx engineer rush can be countered by putting a few dushkas or having a handfull of rebels inside your base in or your tunnels or not doesnt really matter.

Obviously, if you can somehow predict the Engineer coming your way then it can be easily dealt with. Problems start when you can't, and the first thing warning you that something fishy is going on is the "your building is being captured" massage - at which point you have <10 seconds to do something about it.

This can be even worse considering InGhmasy's case because it is just raining TNT and one of your buildings go *poof*.

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 24 Apr 2016, 17:14
Post #43

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10281

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 24 Apr 2016, 13:17) *

Thou for the life of me I cant remember the last time I played gla vs an eca player

That was 1 of the 8 Bruce vs Mizo game replays in that 1 pack

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 24 Apr 2016, 17:57
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 11665

If you box select a transport, then there are two outcomes:

If it is loaded: The transport won't be able to be selected, meaning there are occupants.

If it is empty: The transport will be selected like any unit normally.

Useful for scouting out the aforementioned lynx rush. Also remember that engineer give a lot of xp and have a long build time, hence if it fails, you are at a disadvantage in terms of money but you do buy some time. Its not that its a bad strategy necessarily but that its really hard to pull off against the common PvP player. Maybe mix it in every once in a while but don't repeat it every game otherwise it will simply be anticipated. Most factions have counters to this sort of thing anyways such as Russia/China using their trucks, GLA having fast vehicles, Dozers and much more, hence why its not exactly the strongest of strategies.

This post has been edited by Marakar: 24 Apr 2016, 18:00

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 24 Apr 2016, 18:42
Post #45

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

QUOTE (AtoMaki @ 24 Apr 2016, 23:47) *
Obviously, if you can somehow predict the Engineer coming your way then it can be easily dealt with. Problems start when you can't, and the first thing warning you that something fishy is going on is the "your building is being captured" massage - at which point you have <10 seconds to do something about it.

This can be even worse considering InGhmasy's case because it is just raining TNT and one of your buildings go *poof*.

As I have already stated,players will and must scout always,especially early game. And as Rik stated,It is not going to happen to a good player. If you saw Spruce lost to that,that's either he isnt playing/doesnt mind or the player he is against is really good. UBER good XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
InGhmasy
post 25 Apr 2016, 3:13
Post #46

Stealth Mode
Group Icon

Member No.: 11090

thanks for being ironic guys! that's make me ask what's the useful of the forum if i didn't get a profissional reply!!

This post has been edited by InGhmasy: 25 Apr 2016, 3:14

--------------------
"Cowards see vapid impotence as sense, Such is treacherous villainy’s defense.
Each of valour’s divers forms enriches, But valiant wisdom is of worth immense"

+Quote Post
Arc
post 25 Apr 2016, 5:42
Post #47

"Filthy" Casual
Group Icon

Member No.: 10666
One does not simply suggest ideas to SWR.

You expected a professional response when said "You made a grave mistake!" I won't install this!" because you failed to read the post properly? Do you realise how silly that is?

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 25 Apr 2016, 12:02
Post #48

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (InGhmasy @ 25 Apr 2016, 4:13) *
thanks for being ironic guys! that's make me ask what's the useful of the forum if i didn't get a profissional reply!!

The use of this forum is to showcase new content, with COMPLETE and EXHAUSTIVE descriptions. Not to babysit people who don't read descriptions.

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 25 Apr 2016, 12:21
Post #49

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (InGhmasy @ 25 Apr 2016, 4:13) *

Stupid questions get stupid answers. Stupid statements get stupid rebuttals. I suggest you rethink your tone and attitude.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 25 Apr 2016, 12:33
Post #50

Group Icon

Member No.: 10072

What is wrong with all of you?... He simple just made a statement without reading the post, no point going all savage and offensive... Wth happened to this forum

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 12:46