Post #51

Private
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11191
Military

Nice updates, keep it going man! laugh.gif

--------------------
Muslims are not terrorists, extremists are. If all muslims were terrorists, I'd probably ended up being a suicide bomber right now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 11 Feb 2016, 13:53
Post #52

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

Thanks, man! Will do! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
z741
post 25 Feb 2016, 18:09
Post #53

Stealth Master
Group Icon

Member No.: 8990

Very interesting story, I would like to see how it turns out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 25 Feb 2016, 18:47
Post #54

Chat Nick
Group Icon

If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

Thank you. smile.gif
I can't really tell you how it turns out, but it's not just because I'd ruin the story, but also because not even I know it. I'm doin' all this on the run.

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
z741
post 25 Feb 2016, 20:34
Post #55

Stealth Master
Group Icon

I get that, i'm not saying spoil the story. I'm saying keep writing it. It's a very good read. Do you plan to release this story as a PDF if it's made canon?

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 25 Feb 2016, 22:37
Post #56

Chat Nick
Group Icon

I never thought about it, honestly. But now you've mentioned it, it would be a good idea.
Do you plan to save it? Is it that good? tongue.gif

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
z741
post 26 Feb 2016, 3:30
Post #57

Stealth Master
Group Icon

I would say yes, I plan to have ALL lore stories (canon and fanon) so I can enjoy some good reads.

This post has been edited by z741: 26 Feb 2016, 3:30

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 26 Feb 2016, 15:33
Post #58

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Ok. No problem. As soon as I finish this, I'll attach it here in PDF.

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
z741
post 26 Feb 2016, 18:31
Post #59

Stealth Master
Group Icon

I feel all lore stories (canon of course) should be compiled into a PDF so it can be read like a book. You, MARS, and Svea should collaborate to make it so as you three seem to have the best stories.

It's nice to have lore to go with the mod.

--------------------

+Quote Post
z741
post 26 Feb 2016, 18:33
Post #60

Stealth Master
Group Icon

Also, too bad Mobile Air Bases (Helicarrier from Avengers like) weren't canon. I could probably write a kickass story regarding one or even a group of them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 26 Feb 2016, 18:47
Post #61

Chat Nick
Group Icon

MARS, Svea and me? Damn, it's an honour to be mentioned with the two giants of the lore. Thank you very much. smile.gif

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
z741
post 26 Feb 2016, 21:47
Post #62

Stealth Master
Group Icon

I have read a lot of books in my life. I am actually a big fan of the Ryanverse. I do know good authors and storytellers when I see them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 2 Mar 2016, 22:29
Post #63

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Story of Major Nikolai Shoigu
PART XVI

Nikolai and Stechin were waiting in front of Alexeiev's office. The enraged Alexeiev was trying to file a report for the Head of the Hanover Command GRU Department, which he referred to only as "Volk" ("Wolf" in English).
Alexeiev's frenzy was occasionally interrupted only by the sound of braking and him running amok. Even his favourite cup fell to his rage.
Precisely this situation was something both Nikolai and Stechin were hoping to avoid. Still, the rules were to followed.
Stechin knocked the office-turned-warzone door reluctantly.
"Whaaat!?", Alexeiev blistered on the other side.
Stechin's mimics pointed out it was Nikolai's turn.
"Um, Sir, Major Shoigu and Major Stechin reporting.", Nikolai tried to act as if nothing happened.
Alexeiev immediately realized Nikolai's intention, which only enraged him even more, although anything else would have derailed him in that particular moment, nonetheless.
"Don't try to play it dumb on me! Get the fuck in!", GRU Colonel responded angrily.
"Close the damn door!", he continued when Stechin walked in right after Nikolai.
Paranoid Alexeiev walking aimlessly reminded them of days in Dortmund, when the then Colonel was always furious, making both of them feel like they were always doing something wrong. And just when they thought all that was behind them, it was there, again.
"I had it! Right there, in my hands! And I let it slip! We all let it slip!", Alexeiev went completely berserk now, throwing anything he'd lay his hands on.
Stechin knew it was his turn again: "Calm down, Colonel. What's the point of all this now?"
"Don't tell me to fucking calm down! Tomorrow is the deadline for the final report of our investigation! Ah, shit! Ok, tell me what did you find out.", Alexeiev was still raging, but soon started putting himself together.
Nikolai: "We searched the area the best we could. It's a warzone out there, Alexeiev. It isn't easy to have a forensic investigation in the middle of a frontline. We scanned the sight for days. We had an inquiry with hundreds of our guys. Even Colonel Pogosyan was interviewed. And all that, while trying to maintain the secrecy of the entire "Anvil" operation. We are not 100 % sure, but we think it was either one of the Felins who took the shot, or someone else, possibly a lone sniper from a far safe position. Anyway, it wasn't anyone on our side."
Alexeiev: "I know that, but those fuckin' pencil pushers from Hanover Department will demand much more than what we think. Ah, crap! What's done is done. The deadline is tomorrow. Give me the documentation. I'll file the report and try to make it look as good as possible."
Stechin: "Here you go, Sir. It's all there. Nikolai took the liberty of listing all the names in alphabetical order, so you wouldn't need to do it."
Alexeiev : "Ok. Good. That would be all."
Nikolai and Stechin stood up, saluted and were about to leave when Alexeiev stopped them: "Wait! Look, guys, we all had our share of this bullshit and I just want you to know I appreciate your efforts. It wasn't easy to handle it all."
Nikolai: "Thank you, Alexeiev."
Stechin nodded.
"Alright, don't get all sentimental on me, now! Get out of my sight.", Alexeiev smiled mildly to show he wasn't serious about that last line.
Both Majors felt relief. They expected it to be far worse, but it turned out better than they anticipated.
They soon got back to their regular duties.
During lunchtime, everyone saw the reports of various Russian news agencies about the "cowardly act of Europeans , when they fired on a squad of Conscripts, after announcing their surrender and than set off an anti-tank mine, which resulted in even more deaths of our comrades".

Captain Pedro Gutierrez was checking his Harriers' cockpit, while listening to the news cast: "... while trying to brake through the encirclement, our brave soldiers were slaughtered by the barbarous Russian killers, contrary to all the laws and civilized traditions of warfare established more than a century ago in Geneva. According to our trusted sources, the remaining Felins were summarily executed, despite some of them surrendering to the enemy. If there is any consolation in it, we would like to note that one of our brave men managed to set off an explosive device and kill an entire squad of Russians, thus bravely giving his life for our noble cause. In other news..."
"I can't listen to this propaganda bullshit!", Captain Gutierrez promptly switched the channel.
"Since when do you hate our own 'propaganda', Gutierrez?", Captain Johan Schmitt asked cynicaly, but also curiously at the same time.
"Ah, Schmitt. I figured you'd say something along those lines. Anyway, what can I do for you?", Pedro responded
Schmitt: "You haven't answered my question, Gutierrez."
Pedro: "Ok. Do you seriously believe anything fabricated by war propaganda? I'm pretty sure the Russians have their own 'heroic' version of recent events."
Schmitt: "I see. Is there a reason for us to doubt your resolve? Do you still believe in our cause?"
Pedro: "For 'us'? Since when do you refer to yourself as 'us'? Do not ever try to question my resolve again, Johan! Have I made myself clear!?"
"We have a briefing in 5. See to it that you be there. And this time, don't be late!", Schmitt answered while still smiling cynicaly.
Gutierrez ignored the last line.
Schmitt soon left.
The Spanish pilot, who had the reputation of questioning everything, had a profound rivalry with the by-the-book German pilot. Schmitt was an experienced pilot who was one of the few left from the old Luftwaffe. Having lost many of his friends and fellow pilots, the once unusually joyful German became grumpy and bitter, with a particulary cynical life perspective.

A few more weeks passed since the "Anvil" operation. The prospects of Russia retaining the region were increasingly grim. And it didn't went unnoticed by Suvorov2 personnel. The air was heavy. An unusual discomfort was felt in every corner of the airbase.
Nikolai and Stechin were heading to Alexeiev's office.
"Come in.", Alexeiev responded after he heard the knocking.
"Sit down.", he said and than continued: "So, we have no time to waste. I have some news. Whether they're good or bad, that's entirely your perspective."
"You're getting a promotion?", Stechin tried to be sarcastic.
Alexeiev: "Yeah, very funny. Now listen carefully. This is serious."
"Ok, ok. Sorry. Carry on.", Stechin tried to look interested.
Alexeiev: "Suvorov2 is closing down. The Command made a decision. An all-out strategic retreat. We can't hold so much territory with the current forces."
Nikolai: "Damn, I expected it to happen sooner or later, but just not that soon."
Alexeiev: "We'll have one more mission before the retreat. There's a Deployment Zone established a few klicks southwest of Luxembourg. We need to take it out. Otherwise, they'll jeopardize our retreat. We need to do this right. When all this shit reaches Berlin, we'll need everything and everyone we can get. Also, the damn Euros and Yanks should know we're not running away. They should realize we'll come back sooner or later."
Stechin: "When do we leave?"
Alexeiev: "Tomorrow. We'll have a briefing tonight. Be here in 7 pm. That would be all."

"Captain Gutierrez! You're late! Again.", Schmitt reprimanded Pedro in front of others.
"I don't see the Colonel. It seems you came too early, Schmitt.", Pedro responded, which caused laughter and giggling among others.
Schmitt tried to argue, when a tall, red-haired man in his forties entered the briefing room. Colonel Patrick O'Brian was the commanding officer of the newly established "William the Conqueror" Airbase/Deployment Zone. It was one of the first continental airbases established after the war started. After the Russians evacuated from France and parts of western Germany, the ECA High Command felt secure enough to allow the establishment of new airbases outside of safe areas in Iberian Peninsula and British Isles.
"Good afternoon, gentlemen! As you all know, we have implications that the Russians are starting a big defensive operation, which leads us to only one conclusion. They're retreating.", Colonel O'Brian started the briefing, but was soon interrupted by the hot-headed war-hawks.
"We should smash them! We should wait no longer! It's now or never! God knows when we'll get an opportunity like this!", one of them shouted.
"With all due respect to my older and more experienced colleagues, do I have to remind you of your rank? So, please keep your voice down. Thank you.", the Irish Colonel was determined.
The Colonel than proceeded with the briefing: "As I said, the Russians are not running away like rabbits, although we would all like to see it happen. This is a major and well-organized operation and we should not take it lightly. When they get to Berlin, most of Germany will be liberated, but Berlin will be so fortified, that we'll need months, maybe even more to brake through, and that's without counting any new weapons and supplies they'll get from Russia. We will definitely try to take advantage of this retreat and hit them where it hurts the most, but don't expect miracles to happen anytime soon. I've uploaded the data. It will be available as soon as this briefing is over. That would be all, gentlemen. You will be duly noted when the next meeting will take place."
Colonel O'Brian left the office, while the remaining officers started a heated debate over what would be a better decision.

It was almost 7 pm. Nikolai and Stechin headed for Alexeievs' office. After getting in, Alexeiev offered them tea.
He than got straight to the point: "This operation will be very dangerous. In fact, we wouldn't be doing this, if we didn't have an asset in this new Euro airbase."
Nikolai: "Are you serious? An asset? Can we trust him? How could you possibly know he won't betray us?"
"Don't worry. He's reliable enough.", Alexeiev reassured them.
"What do you mean by that!? 'Reliable enough' will get us killed. We need to be 100 % sure!", Stechin was also astonished.
"But we are. I assure you. We got it covered.", Alexeiev insisted and than continued: "Now let me finish. He will disable any stealth-detectors in the area, we get in, bomb the shit out of them and go back. Then, we all go to Berlin. Everyone live happily ever after. Except for the Euros, of course. Simple as that."
The Majors didn't feel any better. Alexeiev made it all look like if it was a walk in the park, but both Nikolai and Stechin knew the reality was way different.

NOTE: I'm proud to announce that I've got an editor for the story. The member z741 has generously offered his help in making the story better. Starting with this part, proper credits will be given for his contribution. smile.gif

This post has been edited by 3rdShockArmy: 30 May 2016, 15:42

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
LoneRebel
post 3 Mar 2016, 10:04
Post #64

Group Icon

Member No.: 11110

Good job. I liked the description of what an Anvil's jamming feels like to someone on the targeting end, as well as the attempt to capture one for study. Nice description of the tank battle too and how each of the unit types played a role in that battle. It seems the US is only committing special forces and air power to the war in Europe for now. Not sending in their main ground forces yet, although probably they will soon. Trying to gauge the Russians' capabilities first since in the RotR-verse the Russians have more war experience than the US (which has been isolationist for 20-30 years.)

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 3 Mar 2016, 12:45
Post #65

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Thanks, smile.gif
Well, according to the lore, the US has already landed on the shores of southern and northern France and Benelux countries, but IIRC they aren't engaged directly with the Russians. I think it's the old US tactics of bombing the enemy first and than committing land troops. And I think that just bombing the Russians is a lot more difficult than bombing other adversaries. I just think it wouldn't be contrary to lore to show the Americans acting carefully when it comes to ground operations (as they really are IRL), especially after decades of isolation you've mentioned.

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
z741
post 5 Mar 2016, 15:13
Post #66

Stealth Master
Group Icon

It isn't a problem to help you out shock. Like I said, send me what you got before posting it and i'll correct typos and grammar. Mostly typos though, grammar was good for what I edited. Keep it up man,

I'm sure MARS and Svea are keeping tabs on this.

Speaking of Svea, he has great lore work as well. I'll help edit his stuff as well if he wants smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 7 Mar 2016, 12:15
Post #67

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Well I'm not the writer anymore though, but Krieger could possibly keep tabs on this.

--------------------

+Quote Post
z741
post 8 Mar 2016, 15:07
Post #68

Stealth Master
Group Icon

oh? didn;t know. Did MARS take the job up again?

--------------------

+Quote Post
chemisthypnos
post 17 Mar 2016, 2:14
Post #69

Group Icon

Member No.: 12033

I enjoy reading this so much. It is so great to see the war from the from the prospective from which it is told. Truly a great contribution.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 17 Mar 2016, 15:24
Post #70

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Thanks, Chemisthypnos! smile.gif
I'll try not to disappoint people with future parts. wink.gif

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 11 Jul 2016, 16:44
Post #71

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Story of Major Nikolai Shoigu
PART XVII

The crowded Russian airbase was in a state of near-chaos. The evacuation was being carried out in such a rush, that to many, it looked like they were running away.

Stechin and Nikolai were preparing for the mission. Alexeiev told them to be ready by 9 PM, because the mission was to be carried out during night.

Stechin: "This waiting is killing me! And that damn 'asset' in Euro airbase? I mean c'mon. I know we have some pretty great special services, but how can Alexeiev be sure the 'asset' won't sell us out?"
Nikolai: "Calm down. I have my doubts as well. But Alexeiev isn't a freaken GRU Colonel for nothin'. He always provided us with good info. I think, or at least I hope he's right. If they have this 'asset' in the Euro Deployment Zone, than they probably have a good reason to trust him."
Stechin: "I guess you have a point. I wonder who is he? That is, if it's 'him' at all?"
Nikolai: "I have no idea. Ok. Lets have some sleep. We have some serious work to do tonight."
Stechin stood up and was about to go to his room, when he stopped and asked the already sleepy Nikolai: "Hey, what's going on with you and that Valentina chick? Did you buy her a drink?"
"Go to sleep, Stechin.", Nikolai was being direct.
"Ok, ok. I know it's non of my business. I was just asking, as only a real friend would do.", Stechin was 'worried' sarcastically.
Nikolai just gave him a stern look. Stechin just walked away, giggling quietly.

The mission was supposed to start in a few hours, but neither Stechin, nor Nikolai could sleep. The noise the airbase staff was making became unbearable, while the regular pre-mission anxiety didn't help either. Alexeiev didn't sleep at all. He was walking in circles in his room, while sitting down and going through plans occasionally, despite the fact that he already did it times and times over. He may have reassured Nikolai and Stechin, but there was no-one to reassure him. He was on his own. This was normal for a man of his caliber and profession. No break, no rest. And he was always the responsible one. No matter how ridiculously unrelated to him the problem was, it was still his problem. He had to take the responsibility for his men's actions, he had to file reports to his superiors about the missions,all the time. Simply, he had the unpleasant job of constantly balancing between his power-hungry bosses and his always curious associates. Alexeiev was an experienced intelligence officer, not even too old, but the work started to take it's toll bit by bit. Too many sleepless nights, too much coffee and lastly, the chronic insomnia were all becoming heavier and heavier. Alexeiev took a deep breath. He sat down in his chair, finally falling asleep.

It was 8:30 PM. Stechin was the first one to wake up. He was the one who slept the most. At times, his mild simplemindness was a real blessing. While Nikolai and Alexeiev were always worried, Stechin would worry just at first, but then he would just shrug it off, realizing there isn't much that he could do.

Lieutenant Santiago Perez, a young Spanish pilot, whose deployment to "William the Conqueror" was his very first, was still nervous, but also very eager to contribute to ECA the best he could. Although not passing all the criteria for an ECAF pilot, the shortage of manpower gave him a chance to fulfill his childhood dreams. Captain Gutierrez was checking on the newly arrived personnel.
Perez saluted his superior officer eagerly: "Sir, Lieutenant Santiago Perez, Royal Spanish Air Force, reporting for duty!"
Pedro saluted back and responded: "At ease, Lieutenant.", and then proclaimed loudly so everyone could hear: "One thing while you can still listen. Forget about your national Air Force! Spanish, British, French, Italian, I don't care. You are now officially serving as the pilots of the European Continental Air Force! Have I made myself clear!?"
"Yes, Sir!", they proclaimed simultaneously.
"Good! Get back to your duties!", Gutierrez responded.
Santiago approached the Captain, asking for a permission to speak freely, only to be promptly interrupted by Captain Gutierrez: "Not now, Lieutenant. I have some things to take care of."
Perez felt bad, but he still had to follow orders.
Soon, Captain Johan Schmitt showed up as well. Everyone saluted him.
He saluted back and then asked: "I can see you already met Captain Gutierrez. Where did he go?"
Lieutenant Perez tried to answer, but was instead cutoff by someone else: "I overheard him say something about checking on the Mobile Sensor Arrays around the base, Sir."
"Ok. Good. Get back to your duties.", Schmitt responded.
Perez was dumbfounded as he didn't hear anything about MSA check.

Captain Schmitt soon arrived to the first MSA, but Gutierrez already left to the other MSA site. Soon, Schmitt finally caught up with Gutierrez.
"You are needed at the briefing room, Pedro. I'll take care of those MSAs.", Schmitt informed Pedro.
"What? Now? Why wasn't I informed earlier?", Pedro responded.
"It probably has something to do with your headset being turned off.", Schmitt remarked sarcastically, while pointing to Pedro's headset.
"Ah, shit! I used the part of my headset for the first MSA. We had some problem. Ok. You think you can handle this one?", Gutierrez responded.
"Just go. Don't worry. I got it covered.", Schmitt reassured Pedro.
"Ok. Thanks. See you later.", Pedro soon left, surprised by Johan's unusual friendly attitude.

Nikolai and Alexeiev soon woke up too. Alexeiev called everyone to the hangar.
Alexeiev: "How's it goin', boys? Had any sleep?"
Nikolai just nodded, Stechin confirmed, barely managing not to yawn.
"Ok, our Sokols are ready. Get in those cockpits! I've uploaded the data. The asset confirmed that the mission is a go."

Both Majors were in the cockpits now, while Alexeiev soon followed. A mix of anxiety and eagerness overwhelmed them all, including the GRU Colonel. The Su-50s took off from the Suvorov2 for the last time. They had orders to go straight to Berlin as soon as the mission was over. Alexeiev became strangely attached to the airbase. He led it for so long, through it's best and it's worst. He rebuilt it from the ashes again and again. Nikolai and Stechin also got used to it fast. Although not nearly as secure as their old base, here at least they had a feeling they were making some difference. Plus, they got involved in a highly-secret GRU operation, which could affect the very outcome of this war and thus, the fate of the world to an extent. It was hard, it was very dangerous, but it was the highest point in their carriers and lives for that matter.

The jets were moving towards the ECA airbase fast. Alexeiev was looking at his radar all the time. There was no stealth-detection alert, as promised by the "asset" in the ECA base.
"You see. We're already in range of any decent MSA, but there's no alert. There's nothing to worry about.", Alexeiev tried to reassure his comrades.
"Why can't I see any Wotans on my AESA?", Nikolai remarked.
Alexeiev: "I don't know. They should have been there."
Stechin: "Didn't you say the informant gave you data on the exact location of MSAs, Wotans and other Euro assets?"
Alexeiev: "He did, but... This isn't right."
Nikolai: "What are we supposed to..."
Suddenly, imminent detection alarms went off in all of the jets.
Alexeiev: "Shit! They're onto us! Try to shoot on anything you can! Let's get the fuck outta here! Now!"
Stechin: "An asset in a Euro base, my ass! We're fuckin' dead now!"
Nikolai: "No time for arguments now! Let's try to get to Berlin in one piece! Stechin, do you see the MSA southwest of your position? Get it, so you and Alexeiev can lose the MSA's stealth-detection radar!"
Stechin: "Confirmed! I'm on it!"
Stechin fired two missiles per volley, destroying the MSA and damaging one of the Wotans. Nikolai, however, was still in the reach of MSA, so the remaining Wotans started targeting him. Alexeiev and Stechin were relatively unharmed, but Nikolai was in a lot of trouble.
"Nikolai! Can you hear me!? Nikolai!", Stechin shouted.
Before Nikolai was able to respond, another Wotan targeted Nikolai's Su-50. Almost immediately, the jet started turning into a flying fireball. Nikolai had no other choice but to eject, before all the systems were destroyed by the unbearable heat, which also could have knocked him unconscious.
Alexeiev: "Punch out! Nikolai, punch out now!"
There was no response. Communication equipment was faltering, because the Wotan's beams didn't just ignite the aircraft, but also caused a serious disruption to all other systems.
Nikolai knew that pulling the ejection lever triggers a sharp and dramatic transition from a noisy, dangerous cockpit to the sudden peace of floating back down to Earth in a parachute - and he also knew how incredibly jarring it is. He deccelerated, but knew he still had to face wind blasts - 800, 900 miles per hour at the very least, if he was to eject. Plus, an exploding aircraft all around him wouldn't help much, either. Also, ejection seats are not powered by rockets alone. The rockets are not sufficient in the process of igniting, powering up, to get a man out of the cockpit in time. What works is an explosive charge. Nothing except a small piece of dynamite or explosive underneath the pilot would get the seat up, out and moving fast enough for the rockets even to engage. Shortly after entering a programmed turn to the right in a 35-degree bank, an unstart occurred on the right side. The aircraft immediately rolled further right and started to pitch up. With the control stick as far left and forward as it would go and no response from the airplane, Nikolai knew he was in for a wild ride. The G forces built up so rapidly that Nikolai's words came out garbled and unintelligible, as he was barely able to speak or move. The ejection lever never felt so heavy. The cumulative effects of malfunctions combined with reduced stability, higher angle of attack in the turn, speed, altitude, etc., resulted in forces being imposed on the aircraft that exceeded the restoring abilities of the flight controls and Stability
Augmentation System. Although everything seemed to be happening in slow motion, it was all just a matter of 10 to 15 seconds. Nikolai blacked out from the extremely high G forces. His next recollection was thinking that he was having a bad dream and hoping that he would just wake up and get out of that mess. As he began to regain consciousness, he realized that it was not a dream and that it's all really happening. That was extremely disturbing to him, as he became convinced that he could not have survived what had happened, so he thought he must be dead. He was thinking that, since he didn't feel bad - kind of a detached, euphoric feeling - being dead wasn't so bad after all. He became fully conscious and realized he was not dead and had somehow become separated from the airplane. He had no idea how this could have happened, because he did not intentionally activate the ejection system. He could feel he was falling and could hear the rushing of air and what sounded like straps flapping in the wind, but could not see anything because his pressure suit face plate had frozen over and he was looking out through a layer of ice. The pressure suit was inflated so he knew that the emergency oxygen supply in the seat kit attached to his parachute harness was still functioning. This was of critical importance because it not only supplies oxygen for breathing, but also for pressurization of the suit which prevents the blood from boiling at the altitude and speed he was experiencing. After Nikolai was finally safe from the fireball in which his Sokol turned to and started falling, his parachute activated automatically and he fell unconscious again. Although he experienced it all before, every time in this kind of situation was no different than the first time. In fact, this time it was far worse. You could never possibly get used to it.

Captain Andrews and Captain McGregor were on a regular patrol. Andrews was scanning the area with his night-vision goggles, when an enormous fireball came falling from the sky. The extreme noise and a loud bang not far from their position almost knocked down the sleepy Captain McGregor.
"Holy shit! What the fuck was that thing!?", Andrews was shocked.
"Glakit Cunt! That was a fuckin' fast mover down!", McGregor remarked.
Andrews: "Shit! It could have killed us! Let's go there! Maybe it was one of ours!"
McGregor: "Are you insane, ya crazy Yank!? We don't even know if it's ours. There could be a whole search-party of Russkies out there, for all I know!"
Andrews ignored McGregor and started running towards the rising smoke.
"Wait! Where do you think you're goin', Andrews!? Bollocks! Those damn Yanks and their superhero syndrome!", McGregor exclaimed and started running after Andrews.
He caught up with the careless American and finally stopped him: "Are you trying to get us killed!? Are you!? Listen to me, you crazy fuck! You can't just go there! We can check what happened, but we'll go around! If it's one of ours, we'll see if we can help the poor bastard, but if it's Russian, consider our position as being compromised. Is that clear!?
The dumbfounded Andrews nodded.
McGregor: "Ok. Now put your shit back together and lets move!"
Andrews stood up and followed the grumpy Scottish Captain.

Nikolai finally regained consciousness, only to find out he was in the middle of a forest, partially covered by his parachute. It was almost dawn, but the forest was dark. He barely stood up. He tried to walk, but he never felt so weak. He sat on the ground trying to recollect what happened. He removed his helmet and the pressurized suit. The transponder was damaged, so he couldn't call for help. He had a PP2000 and a small survival kit, but that wasn't enough for getting out of the woods in one piece, especially without anyone knowing his whereabouts. He managed to escape when he was shot down over Netherlands a few years back, but he had his transponder on at the time. This, however, was different. He was unconscious the entire time after he ejected, felt very tired and disoriented. He took the small personal computer out of his pocket and connected to the GLONASS. The computer showed a 3D map of the area in which he was. He realized he was deep behind enemy lines. His only hope was to find fast transport, because just walking in such a hostile environment was out of question. He didn't had to wait long to find out how hostile it really was, because a pack of wolves came from the forest and soon started running towards his position. Nikolai took his PP2000 machine pistol, but he knew that just a single shot could uncover his position if there were any ECA soldiers in the vicinity. Just when he raised the gun to fire, a loud shot was heard from the distance. The wolves scattered back to the forest quickly, but as soon as he tried to run another shot hit the dirt in front of him. He realized he was in the scopes, so he dropped his PP2000 and raised his hands. It wasn't long before two masked snipers approached his position carefully.
"Don't you fuckin' move!", Captain McGregor threatened in his strong Scottish accent.
"Get on your knees! Restrain him!", he added and gave the order to Captain Andrews.
Andrews approached and grabbed Nikolai. Nikolai knew he should comply if he was to get out of there alive, but he also knew he shouldn't let them trap him, so he decided to play along for starters.
"Base, this is Captain McGregor speaking. We have the tango in custody. We need an exfill ASAP. I'm sending you the coordinates now!", McGregor informed his superiors.
"Extraction on the way. ETA, 6 minutes. We're sending you the LZ coordinates now.", operator responded.
McGregor: "Roger that, Command. Over and out."
Andrews: "Damn, just when I thought this day couldn't get better. We're gettin' a ride home. And all that because of this guy."
McGregor turned to Nikolai: "Get up! What's wrong? Oh, don't be sad! We're taking you to a nice 5-star hotel."
Nikolai was quiet. He complied and moved in front of McGregor and Andrews. They soon got to the LZ. It was just a few minutes before a Blackhawk helicopter landed in the clear high ground surrounded by forest. Just when Nikolai was being pushed towards the helicopter, McGregor took his rifle and hit Nikolai in the back of his head. It was an immediate blackout for Nikolai. The third one in a matter of hours.

This post has been edited by 3rdShockArmy: 11 Jul 2016, 23:46

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
chemisthypnos
post 18 Jul 2016, 19:49
Post #72

Group Icon

This was so great. I did not expect him to get shot down. I love how this series has so many twists and turns. You never know what is coming next. If only Russian pilots could find the eject in- game! XD

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 18 Jul 2016, 22:44
Post #73

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Thank you! smile.gif
I had a plan to get Nikolai in some interesting situation, because there isn't much more fun in describing (and reading, I guess tongue.gif) the same dogfighting/bombing missions over and over again. There will be more surprises in the future. wink.gif

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
chemisthypnos
post 17 Aug 2016, 17:28
Post #74

Group Icon

QUOTE (3rdShockArmy @ 18 Jul 2016, 17:44) *
Thank you! smile.gif
I had a plan to get Nikolai in some interesting situation, because there isn't much more fun in describing (and reading, I guess tongue.gif) the same dogfighting/bombing missions over and over again. There will be more surprises in the future. wink.gif

Glad to hear it. Keep up the great work.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Konstantin Rokos...
post 9 Jul 2019, 5:37
Post #75

Group Icon

Member No.: 20143

Is this story still going? I really like the idea and the execution of the plot, and hope that the author might find time to continue this! No pressure though. <3

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 18:50