Reply to this topicStart new topic
ROTR's, Release
Claine
post 7 Apr 2012, 8:16
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8902

hey guys its been a year long time wait. can you SWR_team release the mod by this month for all of the fans waited so long smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MARS
post 7 Apr 2012, 8:34
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Uhm...You are a tester, right?
You do have the latest internal version and thus know about our current state of development. It's largely finished as far as content is concerned but now we actually have to test stuff in order to spot bugs for The_Hunter to fix. Plus, we still have plenty of update material in reserve which we are going to post leading up to a release. Also, people didn't have a hard time coping with the wait because the mod wasn't coming out soon enough; I would say they had because there was no visible progress for over a year, a problem that has been solved now, so it's all good. I am, however, very sure that there will be a release in the next few weeks/months...Like, definitely this year, that much I can probably say.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 7 Apr 2012, 9:49
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 8905
Loves guessing games

While I am certain this thread was made with nothing but honest intention to convey the message of many fans who would like to play a new version of their fave mod as soon as possible, I am afraid some people might say this smells like a troll thread trying to rub salt on old, really old, wounds. After all you have the latest internal version and know about the current state of development.

And just for the records - it's been much more than a year long wait. rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 7 Apr 2012, 11:07
Post #4

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

A good two years.

Either way, as current progress shows we've already completed a good chunk of the GLA content and if my WIP shots were any indication we're already working on ECA content - hell a lot of it is complete.

Regardless GLA is being shown since as it usually goes most of what we already show on renders are already in-game and have been for weeks if not months in advance. Doing so allows us to post updates to torture everyone so we can happily go back to our workshop back in Siberia like some sort of pseudo-Santa Elves - with no dental plan/medical care. sadface.

TLDR; We've got a lot of the shit done you've seen on renders and we're working on content for the next release already, so it can be assumed that the upcoming release is right around the corner.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
MARS
post 7 Apr 2012, 11:53
Post #5

Group Icon

Right, and until then, we're gonna fire off some more media updates mostly containing the stuff that is actually going to be IN the next version as opposed to back in the day when we were all like 'look at this cool stuff you won't be able to use for another three releases!' Also lore. Lot's and lots of lore. We could probably smash together a release-worthy version real soon but that would rob us of an opportunity to provide actual background details and story exposition on all the cool stuff we're adding, and I still have like four parts to our ongoing 'Mr. Orlov in Africa' mini-series in store for you.

+Quote Post
Massey
post 7 Apr 2012, 11:55
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Claine @ 7 Apr 2012, 17:16) *
hey guys its been a year long time wait. can you SWR_team release the mod by this month for all of the fans waited so long smile.gif

I have one commect... dont you dare!

8chi.png

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
Darkfire Angel
post 8 Apr 2012, 0:07
Post #7

Vampire Zombie Ninja Pirate Viking Samurai Monkey
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 59
Projects: Deep Impact

QUOTE (Massey @ 7 Apr 2012, 12:55) *
I have one commect... dont you dare!

8chi.png

Um why are you so keen for the team not to release??? Not that I really think the team will hold off releasing just because you ask them to, doing so would probably get them and yourself lynched.

If it's because of your May Day Parade video, I'm going to be blunt here, I would rather see a release of an actual playable version of the mod than a fan made video I will watch once then not bother about.

--------------------
1991-2009 Commander JB. Gone but never forgotten.

For King and Country.

+Quote Post
Massey
post 8 Apr 2012, 2:16
Post #8

Group Icon

QUOTE (Darkfire Angel @ 8 Apr 2012, 9:07) *
Um why are you so keen for the team not to release??? Not that I really think the team will hold off releasing just because you ask them to, doing so would probably get them and yourself lynched.

If it's because of your May Day Parade video, I'm going to be blunt here, I would rather see a release of an actual playable version of the mod than a fan made video I will watch once then not bother about.

All i would say is.. we have waited for 2/3 years whats another month and besides it will be here soon...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Claine
post 9 Apr 2012, 9:16
Post #9

Group Icon

come on guys don't take serious im number one fans of SWR_team and im happy to be one of the beta tester i just only wish that they gonna play the awesome mode soon.. (can you imagine the kids wanted a toys that he never had before he think that toys every time all day all night)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 12 Apr 2012, 4:40
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

How can one become a beta tester for the mod, or is the sign-up period over?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 12 Apr 2012, 5:59
Post #11

Group Icon

You don't sign up for anything; you get chosen by Andre/Luis based on factors like forum/ModDB activity, behaviour and age.
Most importantly though, it depends on our activity: We obviously needed new testers because there's a lot of stuff to be tested right now.

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 12 Apr 2012, 6:24
Post #12

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

Funny thing is after what happened yesterday... now I am starting to support what's said in the OP. When it shook for the second time a death wish and regret list flashed before my eyes... and I am pretty sure that not being able to see this mod finished was included in that long list.

I know this probably doesn't matter to anyone but I had to say this. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Jester
post 12 Apr 2012, 12:06
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

QUOTE (SpiralSpectre @ 12 Apr 2012, 6:24) *
Funny thing is after what happened yesterday... now I am starting to support what's said in the OP. When it shook for the second time a death wish and regret list flashed before my eyes... and I am pretty sure that not being able to see this mod finished was included in that long list.

I know this probably doesn't matter to anyone but I had to say this. mellow.gif

What happened if you do not mind me asking?

+Quote Post
SpiralSpectre
post 12 Apr 2012, 13:45
Post #14

Group Icon

Loves guessing games

QUOTE (Jester @ 12 Apr 2012, 17:06) *
What happened if you do not mind me asking?

This should give the general idea. Another was here.

Felt the tremor from all the way back here. Nothing happened, but that sure was scary.

+Quote Post
Jester
post 12 Apr 2012, 22:24
Post #15

Group Icon

Forum Mechanic

Oh wow sorry to here about that dude i dont really watch much news so i didnt here about any of this. I hope you,your family and friends are safe! smile.gif

+Quote Post
UltimateAero
post 14 Apr 2012, 1:13
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 8858

I'd just like to say I've been waiting since about 2005-2006ish for this mod. I must say it's worth the wait, but come on guys I want a release. The new updates help though, and i appreciate it and also the background storyline too.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 14 Apr 2012, 9:11
Post #17

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

It's literally nearly been 5 years since the first RoTR update by the SWR team (wasn't named them and was under E-Studios under that time), quite a long time.

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 14 Apr 2012, 9:11

+Quote Post
Claine
post 26 Apr 2012, 16:18
Post #18

Group Icon

its coming.. GLA will rise and powerful with crazy thing^^ i like the new installer and the AI hell awesome..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Panzer4life
post 26 Apr 2012, 23:29
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 8935

How is the GLA AI? I remeber Shockwaves AI on medium army, they play like the chinese in that mod. :/ I hope the GLA is more hit an run, instead of sending waves of troops at a time.

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 26 Apr 2012, 23:49
Post #20

Mad General... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9008
Follower of the Grimdark.

Whats the status of the GLA development?

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- George S. Patton

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

- The Neconomicon

Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity.
- Albert Einstein (attributed)

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 26 Apr 2012, 23:54
Post #21

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

Just needs some tweaking here and there Honestly it's about done - it's merely balance and trial and error as far as finding mismatch errors and other goofy turnabouts.

Either way when it's publicly released we'll find even more things to fix. The real progress is now being done outside of the GLA into some other assets as well as some additions to some of the other factions. Just a little while longer. I8.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Massey
post 27 Apr 2012, 1:23
Post #22

Group Icon

Just one more 1.5 item to release then BOOM! 1.7 baby! tongue.gif not really but just want to say that.

8chi.png

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 27 Apr 2012, 6:43
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Will the 1.7 have new generals for each faction or we will have just to choose between USA,China,GLA and Russia ?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 27 Apr 2012, 6:46
Post #24

Group Icon

1.7 will have no generals at all. We will implement them in version 2.0, after we've actually finished all the vanilla factions including the ECA.

+Quote Post
Jester
post 27 Apr 2012, 16:04
Post #25

Group Icon

Forum Mechanic

This isnt the right place to ask but it saves making a whole new thread...Will the ECA be using any other MBTs apart from the Leopard? If not its cool ive recently fallen in love with the leopard tank wub.gif

This post has been edited by Jester: 27 Apr 2012, 16:05

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 3:25