Rise of the Reds Update: Built to Last
MARS
post 24 May 2012, 13:26
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Mostly accurate except for a few things:

- Due to the peaceful annexation, the borders between Russia, Belarus and "East Ukraine" would be entirely gone. That small area directly north of Poland should have the same colour as Russia itself; it's Kaliningrad, which has been a Russian-owned enclave since the end of WW2 because Stalin wanted a Baltic port.
- Similarly, the borders of the Balkan countries are gone; this is all Greater Serbia now. Next to that, you still have Bulgaria and Romania. That little country called Transnistria was apparently gobbled up by Romania and Russian-Ukraine to make the map look less convoluted, but it does fit.
- It's the -Baltic-, not Balkan Commonwealth, and it only applies to Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania, i.e. the three small countries in the north, between Poland and Finland. Think of them as a heavily connected triple alliance of states that, for the sake of simplicity, can be considered a unified entity. Nowadays, these are EU countries, but after the ECA shuts its borders, they have to enter an initially uneasy alliance with Russia which, to the big surprise of everyone, does not occupy them this time around.
- As for the rogue states, I wouldn't call 'em that because the GLA was chased out of the middle east/central Asia to the point where they are no longer backed by any official governments in these regions. There'd still be supporters, but they'd actually be struggling against whatever puppet regimes the US and China have installed in these places.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darkfire Angel
post 24 May 2012, 13:55
Post #27

Vampire Zombie Ninja Pirate Viking Samurai Monkey
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 59
Projects: Deep Impact

Thanks for the clarifications will fix those up (When I actually have access to PS and not just Paint)

I actually had no idea that small blob above Poland was actually a Russian territory, I thought it might have just been a mistake that hadn't been noticed.

--------------------
1991-2009 Commander JB. Gone but never forgotten.

For King and Country.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 24 May 2012, 14:20
Post #28

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

QUOTE (MARS @ 24 May 2012, 13:30) *
They don't go full-on world police like the Americans in Gens/ZH who somehow consider it their mission to hunt the GLA all the way through the middle east and central Asia, but they can be very egoistical and inconsiderate towards others who somehow threaten their small, generally well-meaning community and are willing to defend it to the knife.

Truth be told the ZH version of it is prety much a downgraded version of it. USA is pretty much the bully (no offense to anyone, as this is related to the political side of it, not the social side) of today's world. They pretty much impose everything and act as if they would be the cops of the world and the only ones entitled to an opinion. So let's not be so politicaly correct tongue.gif.

On a more related note - will ECA feature a more heavy defense system along the lines of a fortress ( would kinda suit them with all this defense line and stuff )?

This post has been edited by Anubis: 24 May 2012, 14:22

+Quote Post
MARS
post 24 May 2012, 15:13
Post #29

Group Icon

Nope, there won't be something remotely similar to the Blockade Fortress that you could actually build. That'd be making things a bit too easy. After all, properly garrisoned structures are among the most powerful defences in the game. When playing as the ECA, you will be able to compose your own 'fortress' out of the various structures and defences they can build though.

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 24 May 2012, 15:30
Post #30

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9081

Well there is at lest no more war at Southeastern Europe . . .
-------------
I know that everyone now will start saying that ECA is going to look more and more like GLA,
but will they use Power Plants like other conventional Factions ?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 24 May 2012, 15:42
Post #31

Group Icon

Yeah, they require power for their structures just like the other 'official' factions.

+Quote Post
Massey
post 24 May 2012, 16:13
Post #32

Group Icon

Member No.: 127

As im one that love rereading these "lore" as the game is being made is there going to be a "all together lore " master-thread?
instead of trying to find each thead to get different parts of the back story.

8chi.png

This post has been edited by Massey: 24 May 2012, 16:13

--------------------
This is so on the ball----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m4SCUaBHS8

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 24 May 2012, 17:14
Post #33

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 24 May 2012, 16:42) *
Yeah, they require power for their structures just like the other 'official' factions.

I meant conventional Armies,cuz GLA is not one . . .

+Quote Post
Commander-GDI
post 24 May 2012, 17:14
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 9007

Fortress looks so cool! Can't wait to see it ingame tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 24 May 2012, 17:25
Post #35

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

I noticed some old Nato symbol or something eles. Hard to see what symbol is.

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
MARS
post 24 May 2012, 18:34
Post #36

Group Icon

QUOTE (Massey @ 24 May 2012, 17:13) *
As im one that love rereading these "lore" as the game is being made is there going to be a "all together lore " master-thread?
instead of trying to find each thead to get different parts of the back story.

I suppose we could compose such a thread in which updates are listed in order of lore chronology in addition to updating the old 'content' update thread at some point.
I think I will do that after the release of 1.7, when we will actually get back to a more manageable monthly update schedule once again.

QUOTE (simeon5541 @ 24 May 2012, 18:14) *
I meant conventional Armies,cuz GLA is not one . . .

Yeah, that's a bit of hair-splitting. I was refering to the same thing. Bottom line: ECA does need power.

QUOTE (MR.Kim @ 24 May 2012, 18:25) *
I noticed some old Nato symbol or something eles. Hard to see what symbol is.

Yeah, ECA structures and vehicles do have a few NATO symbols on them, if only due to the fact that it's a cool symbol that dates back to the European military alliances of the Cold War.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 24 May 2012, 18:35
Post #37

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

Seriously, those renders are the sweetest i've seen so far for a mod. Excellent work comr4de.

Few questions; does the civilan/neutral bunkers able to be cleared by napalm, toxins, themrobaric weaponry etc and how tough are they conventionally? Is there going to be a map with these structures defending the player's bases (would be unique IMO)?

+Quote Post
General Tatarin
post 24 May 2012, 19:11
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 9100

One off-topic question: does shocktroopers uses railgun technology or it's just,so called, some kind of mini rocket technology?

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 24 May 2012, 19:14
Post #39

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

QUOTE (General Tatarin @ 24 May 2012, 19:11) *
One off-topic question: does shocktroopers uses railgun technology or it's just,so called, some kind of mini rocket technology?

Minature rockets.

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 24 May 2012, 19:22
Post #40

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (dangerman1337 @ 24 May 2012, 12:35) *
Seriously, those renders are the sweetest i've seen so far for a mod. Excellent work comr4de.

Few questions; does the civilan/neutral bunkers able to be cleared by napalm, toxins, themrobaric weaponry etc and how tough are they conventionally? Is there going to be a map with these structures defending the player's bases (would be unique IMO)?

Glad you like 'em! - Only the Blockade Fortress is immune to garrison clearing weapons, all else abide by those rules and yes there will be a map that utilises all of these as a defensive line. You will have one by release (I actually just finished one) aw.gif

QUOTE (General Tatarin @ 24 May 2012, 13:11) *

Micro-Rockets =)

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
General Tatarin
post 24 May 2012, 19:59
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 9100

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 24 May 2012, 21:22) *
Glad you like 'em! - Only the Blockade Fortress is immune to garrison clearing weapons, all else abide by those rules and yes there will be a map that utilises all of these as a defensive line.

What rules? blink.gif

+Quote Post
aeroth
post 24 May 2012, 20:13
Post #42

Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9121

Romania and Bulgaria ? Both EU and NATO.

The political elite of Bulgaria and most of it's people as far I know are pro-russian but romania is more pro-french. It's been like this since 1850's smile.gif (except the 1939-1989 period of fascism and communism)

+Quote Post
MARS
post 24 May 2012, 20:18
Post #43

Group Icon

Right, but now France has basically stopped caring about them so why would they care back? They're surrounded by friends of Russia, so they'll either have to roar with the bears or face total isolation.

+Quote Post
aeroth
post 24 May 2012, 20:33
Post #44

Group Icon

Well i'm telling you this as an romanian. WE HATE RUSSIA smile.gif
The reason we can't take back Moldova is because of Transnistria and Russia, Russia in 1940 stole Basarabia and Bucovina from us, and in ww 1 they left us alone on the eastern front because of they're revolution. More then that in the last ruso-turco war the russian tsar break promise made to us and stole a piece of our country even if we are the ones that did all the hard battles of that war.
Romania will never never never ally itself with russia no matter what happens. The reason we joined nato is to get rid of russia.

The reason why our current president won last elections is because he sayd the other candidate is pro-russian. (we did not was pro russian but in the minds of romanians russia is the boogy man)

This post has been edited by aeroth: 24 May 2012, 20:34

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 24 May 2012, 20:34
Post #45

Group Icon

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 24 May 2012, 20:22) *
Glad you like 'em! - Only the Blockade Fortress is immune to garrison clearing weapons, all else abide by those rules and yes there will be a map that utilises all of these as a defensive line. You will have one by release (I actually just finished one) aw.gif

Is that one which picture is released on Facebook page ?
It looks awesome and plus we can use Navy = Double Awesomeness !! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (MARS @ 24 May 2012, 21:18) *
Right, but now France has basically stopped caring about them so why would they care back? They're surrounded by friends of Russia, so they'll either have to roar with the bears or face total isolation.

Yeah and they also have Serbian friends,these two nations always had good relationships and I hope they will keep it up in future.

+Quote Post
aeroth
post 24 May 2012, 20:36
Post #46

Group Icon

Yes we have very good relation with Serbia. We often call the serbian people brothers and we support them but we will never ally with russia smile.gif

+Quote Post
MARS
post 24 May 2012, 20:39
Post #47

Group Icon

Times change though. When you look at the map in the update, you'll notice that Moldova does not actually exist as an independent country anymore. The bulk of the country was absorbed by Romania, so you could say that the in-universe Russians actually 'gifted' it to Romania as a sign of good will. And like the update text describes, this version of Russia doesn't actually use violence and intimidation to strong-arm the eastern European countries into its hegemony. For all you know, Suvorov might have officially apologised for all the dick-moves Russia has pulled on Romania, payed reparations, gave them the bigger part of Moldova and called it quits. And as you both state, Romania and Serbia seem to be on good terms and look, Serbia is also a Russian ally, possibly acting as additional backup to reassure them. We did consider some of the historical things that happened between Russia and many of the eastern European nations but part of the reason why this update turned out the way it did is to show that at some key moments, some countries change their attitudes towards each other, just like the western Europeans decided to stop constantly killing each other after WW2. In fact, the integration of the eastern countries could be regarded as a historical allegory for exactly that.

+Quote Post
aeroth
post 24 May 2012, 20:44
Post #48

Group Icon

Trust me the bullshit russians did goes more in the comunist era, but this is not a history discussion. I'm just telling you that no amount of negociations or "gifts" or anything will repair how russia is seen in romania. I can accept the in-game lore can be as you wish, it's fine. I make the difference game-real life.
I'm just telling in real life it will NEVER happen. mellow.gif

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 24 May 2012, 20:45
Post #49

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (General Tatarin @ 24 May 2012, 13:59) *
What rules? blink.gif

The garrison clearing rules mindfuck.gif ?

QUOTE (simeon5541 @ 24 May 2012, 14:34) *
Is that one which picture is released on Facebook page ?
It looks awesome and plus we can use Navy = Double Awesomeness !! biggrin.gif

Yeah and they also have Serbian friends,these two nations always had good relationships and I hope they will keep it up in future.

Yup. That's the one =)
(have a few things to fix on it though)

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
MARS
post 24 May 2012, 20:49
Post #50

Group Icon

QUOTE (aeroth @ 24 May 2012, 21:44) *
Trust me the bullshit russians did goes more in the comunist era, but this is not a history discussion. I'm just telling you that no amount of negociations or "gifts" or anything will repair how russia is seen in romania. I can accept the in-game lore can be as you wish, it's fine. I make the difference game-real life.
I'm just telling in real life it will NEVER happen. mellow.gif

Right and that's all fair and good. We obviously wouldn't raise the theory that this kind of reconciliation would ever happen in real life. But in this case, we are talking about a universe in which China gets away with nuking half of central Asia and Europe gets completely buttfucked by a bunch of cave-dwelling weirdos with anthrax bombs. If THAT kind of stuff is logically possible within the ZH/ROTR universe, so would be this. In real life, not so much; granted. Thanks for providing us with some historical information on the Russo-Romanian relationships though; something we don't hear every day.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 April 2024 - 6:37