__CrUsHeR
post 11 Nov 2013, 22:11
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

QUOTE (Kireto01 @ 11 Nov 2013, 19:03) *
Have you ever played 1v1 PVP ? Im not assuming I am telling the truth.

If you can see me playing it, check for some older replays - I assure you that I am not the best and neither the worst player.

QUOTE (Kireto01 @ 11 Nov 2013, 19:03) *
Simply play a game with USA humvees are your main force with the support of other vehicles and airforce.

And miss for a spam China with a good economy or one Russia with Grumbles.

This post has been edited by __CrUsHeR: 11 Nov 2013, 22:14

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shatterfury
post 11 Nov 2013, 22:13
Post #27

Group Icon

Member No.: 8857

QUOTE (Kireto01 @ 11 Nov 2013, 23:08) *
Thats not the point.The point is that the new units will have no practical use.

They will twink the game so that those units have a practical use.

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 11 Nov 2013, 22:28
Post #28

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

Oh for fuck sake is this the same conversation? If you guys really wanna silence this constant "BALANCE NOT GOOD" discussion , Get on and talk to those people who play online have a discussion and explain the process , Because if you don't , its going to be the same thing over and over again. If thats to much of a problem , well then deal with this one.

Communication is key , and i don't think in the 7 - 8 years i've followed SWR i've ever seen The devs actually jump on skype chats / hamachi community networks to even bother answer questions or concerns players have. IT WOULD SOLVE ALOT OF SHIT.

I would say everyone's misunderstood if people only stay in there certain groups and refuse to associate with those who cause them problems due to misunderstanding and different ideologies.

You guys have an active community , do something about there concerns, or at least speak to them personally ... Don't pull the "Were not gonna listen k bye" card.

EDIT : Nice update though , More stuff the better biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Zhao: 11 Nov 2013, 22:32

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 11 Nov 2013, 22:37
Post #29

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

The new drones look great!

Thorn is definately going to be awsome!

Will the Thermite disable buildings? we have yet to see....

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 11 Nov 2013, 22:46
Post #30

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (Zhao @ 11 Nov 2013, 23:28) *
Communication is key , and i don't think in the 7 - 8 years i've followed SWR i've ever seen The devs actually jump on skype chats / hamachi community networks to even bother answer questions or concerns players have. IT WOULD SOLVE ALOT OF SHIT.

Oh boy....

do you realy think thats how it works now a days?
I'm constantly on chat with Knjaz and Bruce regarding issues the community might relay to them (or issues they find themselfs).

Ontop of that i'd be very carefull with what your going to say next before you start to trash talk myself and the current development team.
We are as of current still dilivering this platform of entertainment entirely free as a hobby and if you think its allright to tell us how we should practice our hobby? just wow...

It's people like yourself that make me avoid public hamachi channels entirely well done.

And i don't want to hear a single word about this subject from now on.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kireto01
post 11 Nov 2013, 22:55
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 8958

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 11 Nov 2013, 22:46) *
Oh boy....

do you realy think thats how it works now a days?
I'm constantly on chat with Knjaz and Bruce regarding issues the community might relay to them (or issues they find themselfs).

Ontop of that i'd be very carefull with what your going to say next before you start to trash talk myself and the current development team.
We are as of current still dilivering this platform of entertainment entirely free as a hobby and if you think its allright to tell us how we should practice our hobby? just wow...

It's people like yourself that make me avoid public hamachi channels entirely well done.

And i don't want to hear a single word about this subject from now on.

Oh yes Bruce and Knjaz simply the "BEST" Knjazes idea of the game is im gonna spam secondary Eco and spam sentinels with frogfoots or build infinete defenses with ECA biggrin.gif . Bruce has no idea what the factions do beside USA his early game with USa is choopers wich is wrong and easy countarable and His ECA is im gonna turtle the whole game the same goes for the rest of the factions. As I said play some fucking 1v1 for yourself and then speak and as Zhao stated ask other people hear their opinions.Cuz most of the beta testers are horrible biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:00
Post #32

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Zhao @ 11 Nov 2013, 15:28) *

This is implying we don't have a forum for this yet. We don't really need to go an extra mile to attain this feedback if they were to post it here, we already have other responsibilities and this isn't exactly a full time job nor the employment to have people do this for us. We already have to filter a lot of garbage and or actual gold mines of brilliance.

We already have a communications platform right here, it's called a forum, if there's a legitimate claim with description and even posts a replay then we take it into consideration. Now a half-thought out posts without any replaceable instances where the claim becomes legitimate then we ignore it and move on.

Bottom line is we shouldn't have to go an extra mile for something that was established already for the same purpose you've posted. I shouldn't have to go door to door for something that can be done by all to reach us in real time. It's just not realistic and it's redundant for us to do so.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:00
Post #33

Group Icon

Oh, things heated up around here... gun8.gif

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Kalga
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:03
Post #34

Writer do his best now and BSing...
Group Icon

From: Somewhere in America (currently, not always that way)
Member No.: 9758
Yes I like Touhou... and the problem is?

QUOTE (Kireto01 @ 11 Nov 2013, 16:55) *
Oh yes Bruce and Knjaz simply the "BEST" Knjazes idea of the game is im gonna spam secondary Eco and spam sentinels with frogfoots or build infinete defenses with ECA biggrin.gif . Bruce has no idea what the factions do beside USA his early game with USa is choopers wich is wrong and easy countarable and His ECA is im gonna turtle the whole game the same goes for the rest of the factions. As I said play some fucking 1v1 for yourself and then speak and as Zhao stated ask other people hear their opinions.Cuz most of the beta testers are horrible biggrin.gif

I'm pretty sure the beta testers are pretty good at their job/hobby, and I'm pretty sure that if there is some major balance issue there would be threads about it opening up (both here & at moddb) as people complain about the injustice...

(the only reason I don't ask too many questions about balancing is because I suck at playing RTS in general, but that's another story)

This post has been edited by Kalga: 11 Nov 2013, 23:04

--------------------
... wait, oh s--t! I've been surrounded by raging modders!

The forum is ripe with the stench of gamers!

+Quote Post
Shatterfury
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:04
Post #35

Group Icon

Member No.: 8857

QUOTE (Kireto01 @ 11 Nov 2013, 23:55) *

Have you ever head about manners?

+Quote Post
Alex1guy
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:09
Post #36

The Whimsical Story Teller
Group Icon

Member No.: 9123

QUOTE (Kireto01 @ 11 Nov 2013, 23:55) *

I don't like wading in on these sorts of discussions but may be in your best interest to not be so blatantly rude and employ some tact. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar. You come across as abrasive and the lack of grammar isn't helping your case.

This post has been edited by Alex1guy: 11 Nov 2013, 23:10

--------------------
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat" -Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
XCABAL
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:12
Post #37

Group Icon

Member No.: 8843

Looking forward to using all the new stuff.

--------------------
☻/ Glory to Arstotzka.
/▌
/\

+Quote Post
Evan
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:14
Post #38

Mapper Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 8893

Oh dear, its Kireto the greatest player of all time. The same person that got SLAYED in V|GO PvP games and. accused the people that STOMPED him of map hacking and cheating. I had almost forgotten about your pathetic self. You weren't welcome over on ous forums and you sure aren't hitting it off well here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:14
Post #39

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

Let's be nice and clear here.

This is a forum, a place where people gather. If you have a claim or discussion about balance the answer is here all along. Don't wait for us to come to you, because we have this in place for a reason.

If there's a legitimate imbalance claim do it in a proper method and make a post discussing the argument, hell provide us with a replay and we'll listen because if we don't hear we just assume everything we've made our efforts into making it balance are ok. We're human and you are too, thus we expect respect among your peers and have a civilized discussion rather than pointing fingers, calling names, making assumptions like children.

Grow the hell up.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:15
Post #40

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

USA is Infact a Airforce heavy faction.Thier ability to deploy airforce early game is something I exploit this factor alot.Unlike other players I try wild and somewhat suicidal tactics.One of them being the "ALL AIR" and "Defeat but never a warfactory!" mindset, or the whole Sentry drones working alongside Special forces Infantry and ambulances...

Just because I prefer not to stick to two units with USA. (For you that would be Avengers and Humvees) and send my units to thier death agaisnt defences rather then take care of my units doesnt mean I dont know what to do with my beloved faction.Im (probably) the best USA player that is....Only Casojin can challenge my throne IMO biggrin.gif

ECA being a TURTLE faction that has argueably the BEST defences in the game.I cant justify not building any of them when they are so darn good! See you two try to push the limit too, I respect that.With all of thoose gepards and leopards along with pandurs, ammassing a big army and rushing to kill the enemey eco...But you refuse to tech up and use any economey other then supplies.Never have I seen you go into tier 2 unless you have to, never upgrade your darn units either....

Knjaz is probably the best steamroller I know.....Hes my wingman and my close bro...Wont accept you disrespecting him as my bro, him as your friend for some time... or his capabilities as a tester.
RUSSIA Is a STEAMROLL faction having a slow eco but relatively unstopable when it reaches its peak....

Knowing the factions sterotypes rather then using one formula to usem all is more effective.
I know that personally with games where I played china as Usa and my migs died....Or Knjaz with alot of SDZ's and five warfactories pumping paladins

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 11 Nov 2013, 23:21

--------------------

+Quote Post
Umpfelgrumpf
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:19
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 10149

I just want to say, that i think that the game is balanced pretty good all in all if you count in the fact that there are 5! factions.
In Starcraft 2 there are 6 different matchups in one on one´s, here there are 15! different matchups which makes it super hard to balance.
There are some units that are very strong right now but the major balance problems will be changed I think.
And the most important thing, is, that the one with better skill wins, because that is what balance is, and that is in my opinion already achieved.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex1guy
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:20
Post #42

The Whimsical Story Teller
Group Icon

Member No.: 9123

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 12 Nov 2013, 0:14) *
Let's be nice and clear here.

This is a forum, a place where people gather. If you have a claim or discussion about balance the answer is here all along. Don't wait for us to come to you, because well we have this in place for a reason.

If there's a legitimate imbalance claim do it in a proper method and make a post discussing the argument, hell provide us with a replay and we'll listen because if we don't hear we just assume everything we've made our efforts into making it balance are ok. We're human and you are too, thus we expect respect among your peers and have a civilized discussion rather than pointing fingers, calling names, making assumptions like children.

Grow the hell up.

I must agree.

People would do well to remember that modifications are a hobby which are released FOR FREE. Developers have lives well beyond this and the demanding and insulting attitude that many people is really quite appalling.

Back to the OP though.

The Terror Drones employed by the USA, are they going to be realtively cheap and can they attack infantry or are they anti-tank only?

--------------------
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat" -Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:21
Post #43

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

Hmmm - how i love it when things heat up. Lovely update - even Obama likes it, and there's a huge chance NSA is taking notes. As for the rest

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:26
Post #44

Group Icon

Hmm, after seeing tons of super cool things of USA, Russia and China we can see something of GLA?

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:28
Post #45

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 12 Nov 2013, 0:26) *
Hmm, after seeing tons of super cool things of USA, Russia and China we can see something of GLA?

Soon enough we have actualy been working on alot of stuff for the russian faction which is why you haven't seen any from other factions for a while but most of that is done now.

Also since the only way to truely admire the AT Drone properly is to see how it moves so i made a short video:

--------------------

+Quote Post
Umpfelgrumpf
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:31
Post #46

Group Icon

Member No.: 10149

awwwww biggrin.gif
looks cool, i wonder how much fear it will spread ingame when it cuts through the steel.

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:33
Post #47

Group Icon

As I had imagined this thing walks like the DAARP's prototypes. Hard work, amazing result. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:47
Post #48

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

QUOTE (The_Hunter @ 11 Nov 2013, 23:28) *
Soon enough we have actualy been working on alot of stuff for the russian faction which is why you haven't seen any from other factions for a while but most of that is done now.

Also since the only way to truely admire the AT Drone properly is to see how it moves so i made a short video:

But how it actually attacks ? I mean it says that it is fast,but again bikes are also fast but that doesn't stop most of tanks to
destroy them in one take,and ATD have to come to minimal range to attack them.Are they resistant to tank attacks in way as infantry is,
or we should just make them in considerable numbers so that tanks wouldn't stand any chance ?

+Quote Post
flyingpancake
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:58
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 9311

Cool update is the AT drone able to jump off cliffs?

--------------------

''Commander Flyingpancake of 1st syrup to ground Luftwaffle battalion reporting''

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 11 Nov 2013, 23:59
Post #50

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

great updated as always.

one question:what are at drones counters?infantery?

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 April 2024 - 4:45