IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Discussion of the Week #2 Air mobility?More like airborne futility, Does this GP even lift? Maybe size isnt everything
(USA)Bruce
post 21 May 2017, 16:13
Post #1

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

So here we are, no more beating around the bush.
The elephant in the room, the thing that we all know "is there" but we don't really care enough to talk about for some reason.

Now Im going to give this simple disclaimer from the start:
This GP, air mobility maybe GREAT for you, It might be your game ender for all I know.Hell I can tell you that dropping a load of paladins and patriots into a hard army's base and watch it freak out is fun to see.But this discussion morely targets the PVP aspect of the game, this topic is meant for PVP for medium to high skill competitiveness.
If you are a PVE player and think its fine as it is, please leave a comment about it bellow too
A brief history of the Generals power;

Now Rise of the Reds never had a way to transport tanks till the mighty starlifter was introduced.Till then you could only carry infantry, back then US and russia were equal on this front. Blackhawn and Ospreys agaisnt hunchbacks and hinds. (Still they're apples and Oranges)

Then you got these baby's for 1500 from the airfield and everything changed.Oh and the littlebird got added too but that unit by itself is a mystery to begin with, atleast now its moved to the spec op generals power so you can use them with seals now I guess?

Then the hook got added that could also carry infantry but the starlifter then got a change on being called in rather then buildable from the airfield.

The pavelow was added as an infantry carrying transport and Starlifters could no longer carry infantry.This is my guess but most likely a place holder till the dronelifter was finished.(This is why theres no Image of it right now.)

Even if the pavelow was quickly replaced with the dronelifter (cosmetic change, no actual change in stats.More on that later)
The Pavelow coul carry a whopping 10 Infantry units (the most in the game) at a time.It also healed any units inside it (thou we all know its a one way ticket for them)

See in the base game Zero hour and Generals helicopter drops were about three things;
Oh and this isn't a "US buff" or "Zh is betta" thing, Its just thinking about the differences of the two and comparing them.
I know the current air mobility is meant more as a pve army moving tool then what Chinook drops were in zh, but If you tried to use them aggressively like I do with drone carrier its hard to make any use of them.I've been told they aren't intended to drop into hotzones, which isn't really okay in my book if they can't be used in another scenarios as well.

Precise drops: Such as Flying over tunnels and dealing damage/flanking the foe by dropping a humvee near his blackmarket/Eco behind his frontlines.Zoning him in his own base as you dance around you can macro/gather your forces.

Meaty walls: Sort of like the previous example but here your meant to use it more aggressively and rather then avoiding trouble, you looked for it.Imagine a Paladin Tank dropping down on Kassads supply.
He lacks any proper anti tank weapons aside from RPG troopers that can be neutralized or burned.While this tank can fend off quads and burn workers at the same time, you could replicate this with a lazer crusader or normal crusader too depending on your foe.Or Imagine abusing the flying mobility against a tank general that would be too slow with battlemasters that could beat your tanks or be penalized for using Listening outposts.(Infantry inside makes them more expensive)

Units you can't contest/out of your sight to harass your foe; This could be three missile defenders dropped just near a Chinese supply.Theres no way they’ll get crushed with lazerlock or you can drop them up on a cliff against a US.The best case is constructing an EMP patriot against a US supply over a cliff to deny that area completely.

Now In the current Meta there's nearly no reasons to build BMP/Battlemaster/Kodiak against a USA at T0.Gattling cannons and tunguskas can already mow down anything you have on a head on fight, yes even guardians which is supposedly intended.So using any precise drops is unlikely at T1 and generally suicide at T2 due to a network of T2AA/turrets placed around.Not to mention how common interceptors are In ROTR compared to ZH so its easy to get sniped in your base or when you just take a step out of it.But with mixed with cheap/easy and early access to scouting this isn't as easy.Plus airguard and abilitys like jarmens stinger make starlifters job alot harder.
>Thank you for invisible scouts that you could possibly have missed early game/was out of your line of sight that provide invaluable Intel.

Part Two; Usage In Rise of the Reds

The "Intended" usage is to have both the Starlifters and Drone lifters as a short term "ferry" like transport.Not ment to go into contested "hotzones" But we all know thats not going to happen, especially not in 1v1's with the prevously mentioned issues.
Also the dronelifter has only one thing going for it agaisnt an osprey and thats the health. (Count the healing if you want, I wouldnt)
If you dont want to loose collection time or get a third osprey on a supply then you can equally use this to garrison (ab)use with combat drops.Locking out some factions such as ECA out of expansions or even doing anything because of faulty ZH maps.Im really hopefull this is not its intended usage as its not "fun" or fair.
Like rushing the garrisons on the right on Homeland rocks or rushing your foes Refinary and oil on Gorge Drought.

But lets take some scenarios in mind;
(In all scenarios US mirrors are not taken into account because US mirrors are pain and If you enjoy pain then air mobility is perfect for you in its current state.)

Currently if you drop any number of missile defenders at T0, and I mean rush them before the foe can react as he is probably rushing the map for garrison control and seizing tech structures. But If you give a Russia time to build their warfactory or china too in this case.You’ll have a meatshield wall of conscripts or minigunners that are there to counter humvees but also counter your MD drop unintentionally.
So you need to be there before them, If you want to be as quick as possible with your opener to rush the foe then you can get 3-4 (If your quick enough) out when your supply center is up.To quickly call in the drone lifter and rush your foes well expansion most likely.If your against an ECA, I've had my fair share of dozers crushing my MD';s without any remorse or risk.
In any tested scenario you can't really kill anything, the best case is to drop two rangers in his main supply and a few around the map to deny dushka blocking.
Given the Chinese truck speed or how armored the Russian collectors are, Its more likely you'll be crushed then you getting either of them down to Critical health.Which is the second worst case scenario but in the state we're in is the best we hope for.(Critical collectors unless placed on a perfectly align supply collector collects slower and does long term damage)

In the current state of the game there's no way a single or two tanks can be dropped into supply collection.(Meaty wall) due to the way to engage USA is spamming AA and nothing but AA till T1.Even then your composition is going to still have a lot of AA.This and the fact I mentioned about of how widely available scouts and interceptors are prevent the (Precise Drop) as well at T1.And again as mentioned before T2AA makes the possibility of using two starlifters(build limit) to carrying 14 Units into your foes base a gamble that doesn't have much payoff.Plus then theres Jarmen,

Now that we covered the possible scenarios, how about the Impossible ones?
Lets assume for the sake of argument that starlifters are 1000 rather then 1500, Don't require an airfield like they already do, and all T1 Units for the US are T0.(Im not suggesting this, Its just a thought experiment)

If we used a crusader drop against the foe: (Note hovermode is not put into account)
Gla collection is impossible to harass unless you do the repair bug.(Where you can't get them inside before they are crushed because they all try to repair the same building at the same time)
For china, aside from mines cause you can fire over docks now they got really fast locomotors.
For Russia, It would take a good 10seconds to kill a wartruck if they ignored it.
Only people I see that would get boned is ECA, as they lack mobile AT weapons, so they would be dropped and countered by danger close with damage dealt to everything (knowing my luck they'd kill my collectors and ignore the tank itself but anyways in short get gunned down by a Guard tower they could easily ignore.
Mind you this is just me thinking "what's the worst that can happen" In the other possible scenarios a single default wasp hive inside a starlifter can be fought off by one or two T0 AA because the starlifter doesn't have a dummyweapon or fireports.The drones would just fly around and shoot what they can.
If it was Microwave tanks then the GLA would have problems but that's about it on how far that goes across all the other factions, sure you could use it in combination with your forces (humvees) to melt infantry and finishing the deal but that's not the point of this experiment.

Now the question goes for drones, mind you drones can't call in starlifters to begin with.But among the T0-TO drones that could be threatening is dropping down termite drones at an enemy's supply which like the termites itself is easily counterable with mass conscripts,even more so with T0 detection for all factions (But GLA)
AT drones would be the go to answer and would be more effective then missile defenders but have the same issue as they also get countered by the same thing that counters humvees.

Final notes;

With Support aircraft armor being at Tier two and also effecting the General planes its pretty hard to access.
Given its cost, research time and the fact that it competes with other upgrades also makes it something to push back or not use till you have countermessures.Keep in mind support aircraft armor is just boost to these two aircraft and General powers planes.So until you have access to rank 3 there's no reason to purchase this over countermeasures that gives around 19? 23? % armor to begin with.

Also the dronelifter is...a Drone

That doesn't benefit from Drone armor or Drone workshop (Autoheal) at all: I could get that it would be hard or maybe impossible for the dronelifter to benefit from both upgrades.But hey maybe it could have the hunterkiller perk that allows them to move at full speed even when damaged.(I think commanche has that too)

I'll just turn on this Z signal for Zeke to swoop down and prove me wrong.

Its just inconsistent.Same for how you can't fill in the starlifter with just drones or just tanks completely and how there's always 1 slot empty on both helicopters.One that if combined could carry one more drone itself.

Conclusion/Possible solutions of mine:

What MUST happen;

-Dismiss should be a tad faster and give 100% refund back as air mobility is meant to be an Edge an advantage and shouldn't be penaltized.Plus getting into airspace that isn't yours is one thing, getting out is a whole other deal.Going back the way you came may lead to you getting shot down so flying into the sky like a child's balloon should be given more incentive.

-Airfield requirement for Starlifters to be removed.
Why is this a thing to begin with? You should be able to use this for a surprise at TO if you’ve gone for warfactory build.Flying over terrain or some sort of T0 defense that can't attack air aside from dronehive.The airfield just hinders and delays it more.

-Starlifter price to be reduced from 1500 to 1000
Simply said, the less investment into this the more likely it’ll see action, plus with the refund change the decreases the amount your gambling when you want to dismiss it successfully

-Support aircraft armor's Price reduced (Preferably 1000) and put into detention center.

What could possibly happen/Suggestion

The “Third way” solution;
Tier 0.5 pavelows that can carry anything but basically 1 tank at Max.
And somehow make dozers impossible to carry with them
So it'll unlock 3 units and an upgrade
Starlifter: Tanks only heavy beast, can carry dozers
Drone carrier :Mobile danger close Infantry transport
Pavelow: Medium speedy mostly fragile solo transport (middle spot between the two that's downside would be the hp/speed)

Ox transport solution:

Rather then having 2 Huge starlifters that can carry around 14 humvees,
Maybe its better to have the starlifters reduced in size and capacity, so you can have these things carry one tank at a time.
When consulting to other people, I have received feedback that this would be “too much monkey work”
But your playing US, Gimmicks such as this requires micro to work in its defense.
Oh mind you the 14 “Ox” transport like numbers means that the total HP of the two starlifters will be divided among them.So there will be more casualties against say an ECA but less against a Russia this way.
At Tier 1 these things will be easily snipeable by a single mig but be faster then the current starlifter as well.

Extra note: Objectively speaking theres a way to counter the USA hive by all factions at T0.So perhaps a T0 way to rush one into the foes base could add some flavor.
ROTR is all about defences and defence rushing is everywhere theese days

The Lazy way:

Remove the build limits on all of the transport units but increase the slowdown in between you can call them to just slow down but not entirely stop the meatshielding role they’ll probably adopt eventually.(Theres a delay between calling in and dismissing any kind of transport from the Air mobility GP)
(Which was the reason why they got the build/call in cap in the first place.)

Last edit (hopefully) for Hanfield and I's inside joke: cool.gif cool.gif Marakar cool.gif cool.gif

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 21 May 2017, 17:06

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 21 May 2017, 18:52
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11210

Ok and who will commentate this long topic first? I think it should be one of ROTR pros like Marakar coz all comments from mid-skill players like me will be ignored or reposted with another meme. Actually best way to change anything is make another public patch. Because theory is good but we didn't see any real proof or replays of this theory things.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 21 May 2017, 19:24
Post #3

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Tier 0.5 pavelows

Gotta say I miss the pavelow. The drone carrier isn't a bad idea but it sure look somewhat out of place when being put next to other choppers IMO. If it could return in this way, that would be great.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Zion
post 21 May 2017, 22:30
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 10992

QUOTE (XAOC-RU- @ 21 May 2017, 13:52) *
Ok and who will commentate this long topic first? I think it should be one of ROTR pros like Marakar coz all comments from mid-skill players like me will be ignored or reposted with another meme. Actually best way to change anything is make another public patch. Because theory is good but we didn't see any real proof or replays of this theory things.

U got that right..lol
Gitgud

This topic is too long for me to read, so ill stay out unless someone writes a haiku of the above

This post has been edited by Zion: 21 May 2017, 22:32

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 22 May 2017, 7:37
Post #5

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

I'll say this and keep saying it here, this GP doesn't fit with USA because it provides mobility to an already fast and mobile faction, unless you give them some real extreme stats to justify their existence.

In my Opinion, this gimmick should either be defualt with the GP replaced with something else that can tie in Suppprt Aircraft Armor, or the stats of the transport can be buffed.

The Pavelows are axed for good , so don't put your hopes about their return ( once something is axxed ,99% it won't be coming back).

I don't like the 14 starlifter idea because it just makes things extremely messy and tedious, it wouldn't look good both on screen and gameplay wise, as the starlifters are huge ( and models will not be scaled down in favor of this idea, the whole purpose of its conception is to be this huge heavy transport).
Aside from stat tweaks and changes, I don't really have any idea on a good replacement for the GP ( extremely unlikely that it would happen anyways so i can't be bothered to think about it).

Maybe cutting the prices by 50% and/or increasing the build limit would do, or heck adding defualt stealth would be good ( but might make the GP too good early game, well better that than having it be useless).

Aside from this , complains are rather general based on "not being able to kill stuff". Perhaps supply collecters need to take more damage from AT infantry, and lowering the resistance of dozers to missiles, though I do have to warn you that if this change get in game, it'll give GLA a huge indirect early game buff ( maybe they need it? They did get overnerfed from some games I had with Aziz that proves this).

All in all, the issues are there, but knowing The_Hunter, the suggestions presented will most likely be dismissed.

This post has been edited by Mizo: 22 May 2017, 7:41

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 22 May 2017, 8:32
Post #6

Group Icon

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 21 May 2017, 21:24) *
Gotta say I miss the pavelow. The drone carrier isn't a bad idea but it sure look somewhat out of place when being put next to other choppers IMO. If it could return in this way, that would be great.

The "Third way" Idea had the Pavelow able to carry a few infantry or 1 tank
While the starlifter carried a whole lot.

QUOTE (Zion @ 22 May 2017, 0:30) *
U got that right..lol
Gitgud

This topic is too long for me to read, so ill stay out unless someone writes a haiku of the above

Airmobility cant do what its ment to do, Take stuff from point A to Point B because of the reasons stated above (Such as T2 AA, better access to scouting and interceptors etc)
Drone lifters have a near useless ability, Starlifters are not feesible to use.This GP unlike others has considerable "downsides" aside from being a wasted GP point that could be spent elsewhere.
It cant do what its not ment to do either
There needs to be change (Read the three changes suggested aside from the mandatory changes)

Thats basically it.

QUOTE (Mizo @ 22 May 2017, 9:37) *
I'll say this and keep saying it here, this GP doesn't fit with USA because it provides mobility to an already fast and mobile faction, unless you give them some real extreme stats to justify their existence.

In my Opinion, this gimmick should either be defualt with the GP replaced with something else that can tie in Suppprt Aircraft Armor, or the stats of the transport can be buffed.

The Pavelows are axed for good , so don't put your hopes about their return ( once something is axxed ,99% it won't be coming back).

I don't like the 14 starlifter idea because it just makes things extremely messy and tedious, it wouldn't look good both on screen and gameplay wise, as the starlifters are huge ( and models will not be scaled down in favor of this idea, the whole purpose of its conception is to be this huge heavy transport).
Aside from stat tweaks and changes, I don't really have any idea on a good replacement for the GP ( extremely unlikely that it would happen anyways so i can't be bothered to think about it).

Maybe cutting the prices by 50% and/or increasing the build limit would do, or heck adding defualt stealth would be good ( but might make the GP too good early game, well better that than having it be useless).

Aside from this , complains are rather general based on "not being able to kill stuff". Perhaps supply collecters need to take more damage from AT infantry, and lowering the resistance of dozers to missiles, though I do have to warn you that if this change get in game, it'll give GLA a huge indirect early game buff ( maybe they need it? They did get overnerfed from some games I had with Aziz that proves this).

All in all, the issues are there, but knowing The_Hunter, the suggestions presented will most likely be dismissed.

14 Starlifters that are a tad bigger then Dronelifters, that was the idea...Smaller faster versions of that huge thing only able to carry 1 tank at a time.
For the AT Infantry change, that could be interesting and would shift the game towards RPG bike rushes or Tech RPG's, making them more then a one or two time thing.
Perhaps bikes would be TOO good vs ECA but the point of this thread is morely for Air mobility

--------------------

+Quote Post
rey
post 22 May 2017, 10:10
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 10315

as i'm not even mid-PvP player my opinion doesn't matter, but still the only thing i always lacked about air-mobility is more buffed armor, as i always thought of it as a "break through front line delivery". i even experimented for me and friends with giving Starlifter better counter-measures or laser-protection kinda similar to Guard Anger, so it can really survive hard AA and even cover the drop itself to some extent(China and flak laughed at that).

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 22 May 2017, 16:52
Post #8

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

"break through front line delivery

That's not it's intended design purpose initially. The transports are not mean to use to bypass hot zones ( heavy defense lines) directly , but rather act as a means to give you more options of mobility. Issue with that is it's heavily map dependant ( you're not gonna have that much advantage with this kind of mobility on a map like Lagoon for example) , as well as the fact that USA really doesn't need this kind of option since they are already the second fastest faction in the game.

If its intention was like what you said , then they would not be used as transports , but rather as AA meatsheilds ( At some point in 1.85 they were like that then they got an HP nerf). This is something that we are trying to absolutely avoid.

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
GeneralAziz
post 22 May 2017, 16:56
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 12539

IMO the lifters are not a " completely useless GP " as iv seen people use seals effectively transported using lifters , And transporting inf to kill supply gathering workers which can cripple gla if done properly .Also sneaking tanks in the back of an enemy base is always nice , Do you they need their own GP not really sure but what will be locked then? drones? maybe? i dunno , You said why they dont benefit from healing ability id say cause the healing thingy is aimed to units produced by building the drone center only .

in conclusion id say they are fine the way they are , but again this is only my humble opinion;]

This post has been edited by GeneralAziz: 22 May 2017, 18:09

--------------------
Not here.

+Quote Post
rey
post 22 May 2017, 22:08
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 10315

QUOTE (Mizo @ 22 May 2017, 17:52) *
That's not it's intended design purpose initially. The transports are not mean to use to bypass hot zones ( heavy defense lines) directly , but rather act as a means to give you more options of mobility. Issue with that is it's heavily map dependant ( you're not gonna have that much advantage with this kind of mobility on a map like Lagoon for example) , as well as the fact that USA really doesn't need this kind of option since they are already the second fastest faction in the game.

If its intention was like what you said , then they would not be used as transports , but rather as AA meatsheilds ( At some point in 1.85 they were like that then they got an HP nerf). This is something that we are trying to absolutely avoid.
probably i'm still under impression of that 1.85 moment to consider them as a shield even now. %) i kinda exaggerated about direct "delivery through enemy's defense lines", but definitely tend to try use them not as "vehicle transport to make some surprise attack" but more like "fast reinforcement for far away fight place" or "vehicle drop directly on enemy after heavy GP bombardment". i know sounds typical for non-pro player, but hey i wanna have fun, and it seems by current "design" Starlifter is quite dull, especially having no other use then simple slow vehicle transport even with no guaranty.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 22 May 2017, 22:27
Post #11

That person
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

I do not question the drone lifter. I feel it's a pretty decent addition as-is, due to the surprise factor of suddenly seals.

I must agree with the points brought up about the starlifter though. Having your tough and slow army with a single weak point isn't the best idea. At the tier it is at, I can't justify it's use for lighter vehicles either.

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 22 May 2017, 23:36
Post #12

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

QUOTE (rey @ 22 May 2017, 23:08) *
probably i'm still under impression of that 1.85 moment to consider them as a shield even now. %) i kinda exaggerated about direct "delivery through enemy's defense lines", but definitely tend to try use them not as "vehicle transport to make some surprise attack" but more like "fast reinforcement for far away fight place" or "vehicle drop directly on enemy after heavy GP bombardment". i know sounds typical for non-pro player, but hey i wanna have fun, and it seems by current "design" Starlifter is quite dull, especially having no other use then simple slow vehicle transport even with no guaranty.

Sorry, I was referring to the internal beta of 1.85, as I've heard that starlifter's HP was huge ( got both nerfed and rescaled with support aircraft armor upgrade). You can still make them tanky, but frankly the limit is very offputting.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 1 Jun 2017, 2:45
Post #13

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

My opinion Air mobility gp from usa is useless i never use them in pvp or pve matches.
could be good if the transports could be more tanky, unlimited construction and a bit more faster. And grant the permission to build aurora bomber with the supersonic inmune to enemy attack after his bombing run.

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 1 Jun 2017, 12:04
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 10884

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 1 Jun 2017, 4:45) *
And grant the permission to build aurora bomber with the supersonic inmune to enemy attack after his bombing run.

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Zion
post 1 Jun 2017, 14:03
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 10992

i played with these yesterday, not too much but i did..

this gp is actually really nice, the inf chopper is fast, and can drop sneaky rangers early game before the airfield smile.gif and no supply delay, since you don't need to use ospreys yay
great for early harass

but the tank chopper has one big issue.. the amount of time it takes to stop, and drop the tanks..
It absolutely needs a faster response, needs to stop faster/drop more efficiently.

that thing started making circles when i was trying to drop.. ON FLAT LAND sad.gif thats a huge investment, and needs to be more mobile

(I get it. its supposed to be heavy and stuff) but the reality is there is this thing called LAG.... and why chinese dosers are slightly better now..

And I have an idea on how to make these better, and better looking..

/////Xeres Suggestion/////

Make them deploy when they land, and possibly making units come out one by one, and how about a door open animation for the immersion/cherry on top - i dont really care for that change, but would be nice

this way, if they are targeted by air, they can deploy on the ground, so that they don't get shot down. kinda like the eca terminators work

here is another thing, that i don't know if exists already.. but if it gets destroyed.. can the tanks pop out half health? i mean they are tanks.. not humans lol.. cuz loosing your shit to a grumble is humiliating

Dismiss should be a tad faster and give 100% refund back as air mobility

I think 50% back.. not 100%

As far as cost/building requirements I think those are spot on.. for what it can do

////a very humble suggesion///
if this thing will deploy, why not allow it to have a repair radius around it (kinda like the repair zone).... once the drone vehicle repair upgrade is purchased (the one that allows repair drones repair all vehicles, not just drones)
now thats a buff that makes this thing a truly mobile experience.

This post has been edited by Zion: 1 Jun 2017, 14:09

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 1 Jun 2017, 22:12
Post #16

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Most of the things you suggested above are impossible. Transport behavior is hardcodded hence why it will always behave weirdly. 100% dismissin the other hand could be nice.

Anything that has to do with a chopper deploying, and stuff is uncodable unfortunately. ( RIP Mastadoon).

Only thing that comes to mind is increasing the Limit , decreasing the delay to get one, tweaking their price and mobility stats, Other than that, SAGE nopes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 5 Jun 2017, 1:14
Post #17

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 1 Jun 2017, 8:04) *

Before*

+Quote Post
TheViking92
post 28 Dec 2017, 7:47
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 16469

Excellent discussion topic (USA) BRUCE biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by TheViking92: 28 Dec 2017, 7:47

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 29 Dec 2017, 5:59
Post #19

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

well, is a good topic but is very large to read, i could suggest to make direct words inteast of that God Book biggrin.gif .

I could suggest:
1- 75% of refund is fine as is i think i don't remember well...
2- Add an aerial transport by default who doesnt need GP, something liekly to carry dozers, infantry ,tanks, so on...
3- When this GP(Air Mobility) has been activated, the player, should be able to build Aurora Bomber.
4- Whats about of adding AH-64 Apache on this mod? i know exists comanche with stealth, but this one is assault helicopter, which he uses rocket barrage and hellfire missiles, making it deadly against tanks and good against buildings?
5- I personally dont use this GP, because i think doesnt do major changes on the battlefield.
6- Starlifter could have an support who heals and increase rate of fire with an little auro who sorround of it.
7- Adding again the Pavelow but this one carry 2 tomahawks missiles and acts like an Siege helicopter without transport capabilities.

my intention is not to be rude, I just want to contribute good things. wink.gif

And please dont post troll things like git gud or other things like that.

This post has been edited by ZunZero97: 29 Dec 2017, 6:00

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 29 Dec 2017, 9:59
Post #20

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

Just how many times does all of this ^^ need to be repeated.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 31 Dec 2017, 7:56
Post #21

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

QUOTE (Skitt @ 29 Dec 2017, 4:59) *
Just how many times does all of this ^^ need to be repeated.

im sorry i was thinking it is the actual topic laugh.gif

just ignore my post laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 31 Dec 2017, 20:49
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 10884

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 29 Dec 2017, 6:59) *
my intention is not to be rude, I just want to contribute good things. wink.gif

Unfortunately you failed in that endeavor ;^(

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Neutrino
post 1 Jan 2018, 12:31
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 9633

Both lifters desperately need a speed increase (so that the word 'mobility' is actually justified).

Actually, all USA aircraft could use a t2 speed increase through an upgrade.

--------------------
"How about we sing "Kyle's Mom is a Stupid Bitch" in D minor..."

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 1 Jan 2018, 13:22
Post #24

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

I wouldn't give all USA aircraft a speed buff ( not now atleast).

As for the mobility ones, Yeah I do support mobility improvements.

--------------------

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 1 Jan 2018, 18:02
Post #25

Group Icon

Im glad this discussions ongoing, for now I've been abit overwhelmed developing a new 2v2 or maybe 3v3 map called Weeping Wales and also looking Into Lifes Good patch v3, also known as community patch.

While rereading this I was wondering if all air units that had the capability to transport should benefit from this upgrade?
It would also allow that "weird" re scaling of the Chinook to be reverted.

See in the public version right now (Also In LG cause we didn't change it) Chinooks got their HP re scaled with the countermeasures upgrade.So aside from getting an Armour bonus they get health.Which is weird because its the only unit that gets this.

So at least for LG I'll test it out in the next version, probably going to give the hp bonus with the upgrade and make their countermeasure amours set better,

In this way;
-Star lifters,
-Ospreys
-Black hawks
-Chinooks
Would all benefit from it.(Drone lifter would get drone Armour)

The upgrade could benefit from a price increase but It would synergize better with the other rank 1 GP's.

Imagine a black hawk that's 20-25% beefier+ Vet company gives rangers veterancy
or Chinooks that overall beefier then they are now,
US collectors would be stronger.But this wouldn't solve the "middle collection" issue.
Regardless I'm getting this thread off track with this entire posts.

Extra note; What should be the next discussion of the week thread be about? Im open for suggestions on things that work weird, wrong or just plain ineffective

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 1 Jan 2018, 18:05

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 20:16