ECA Units
PsychoFactory
post 9 Mar 2013, 11:44
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1229

Why it takes so long to make the ECA vehicles. If we compare it to GLA :

The time it takes to build 1 Gepard is the same to build 2.5 Quad cannons (2 Gepart = 5 Quad cannons and they are equally strong).

The time it takes to build 1 Leopard is the same to build 3.5 Scorpions (2 Gepart = 7 Scorpions, The leopard is a bit stronger but it's more expensive).

When I get ECA I always lose because my opponent always have much more units, and the ECA aircraft isn't helping me much. What should I do?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 9 Mar 2013, 11:47
Post #2

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

More bunkers, more artilleries!!!!!

That is the best solution, for now.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 9 Mar 2013, 11:48

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 9 Mar 2013, 12:27
Post #3

Mad General... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9008
Follower of the Grimdark.

Well the ECA is supposed to be the Turtle heavy faction, having fast build speeds might just make it OP.

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- George S. Patton

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

- The Neconomicon

Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity.
- Albert Einstein (attributed)

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 9 Mar 2013, 17:00
Post #4

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

It has to do with the lore.
Something about low supplies and extra parts being availble due to the logistics of the ECA messed up with all the airfields dead and all.....

They have underground repair facilities too....Wich they are untargetable, unlike the Chineese and american counterparts

--------------------

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 9 Mar 2013, 18:47
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

ECA vehicle production is slower than other factions (to be in accord with the lore) but ECA builds def faster than others.

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
PsychoFactory
post 9 Mar 2013, 20:33
Post #6

Group Icon

But still it takes too damn long smile.gif.

+Quote Post
General Tatarin
post 9 Mar 2013, 21:46
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9100

Then use more infantry. But watch out snipers ! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by General Tatarin: 9 Mar 2013, 21:47

+Quote Post
Alex1guy
post 9 Mar 2013, 22:15
Post #8

The Whimsical Story Teller
Group Icon

Member No.: 9123

QUOTE (PsychoFactory @ 9 Mar 2013, 21:33) *
But still it takes too damn long smile.gif.

Would recommend calling in divisions with the ECA airfield to supplement your forces. It sounds like you need to adjust your play style a little bit. With the ECA you need to dig in your position ASAP with bunkers, mortars etc. Spam infantry to help keep your lines intact in case of breakthroughs (grenade machine guns anyone?) and spam telecom towers. The ECA generally have to go for mid to late game assaults when they have the necessary forces.

--------------------
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat" -Sun Tzu

+Quote Post
Joe Kidd
post 10 Mar 2013, 5:27
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 9606

QUOTE (Alex1guy @ 9 Mar 2013, 23:15) *
Would recommend calling in divisions with the ECA airfield to supplement your forces. It sounds like you need to adjust your play style a little bit. With the ECA you need to dig in your position ASAP with bunkers, mortars etc. Spam infantry to help keep your lines intact in case of breakthroughs (grenade machine guns anyone?) and spam telecom towers. The ECA generally have to go for mid to late game assaults when they have the necessary forces.

Agreed

Plus people should always have at the very least 3 war factorys

--------------------

"You can't kill the Messiah..."

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 10 Mar 2013, 9:31
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

Don't forget the unstoppable Howitzer barrage.

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
PiratesYarrr
post 10 Mar 2013, 14:51
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 9244

If you find yourself being overwhelmed with units, you need to work on how cohesive your defense line is. You need Gun turrets with a few guard towers, mortars behind them, then a Engineer Pandur deployed behind that so it can repair it all at once. perhaps a ammo bunker positioned to cover all the defenses, then a howitzer battery behind that. It is extremely difficult outside of GP's and Supaweapanz to break that - the howitzer can destroy any Artillery that could cause meaningful damage, and the gun turrets just rape all the vehicles. Job done

--------------------
Victorus aut Mortis!

+Quote Post
TheCeLL
post 10 Mar 2013, 14:53
Post #12

Dangerous Eukaryote
Group Icon

Member No.: 9173
More awesome than an imploding star and a burning car combined

What I usually do, is Turrets and Fortifications in front, and Guard towers and mortar pits behind them

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 10 Mar 2013, 17:09
Post #13

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Add some Wotans to your line of defense too, set them to focused to deal with jets or spray for helicopters.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 10 Mar 2013, 19:02
Post #14

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

Does Gepard vs Tunguska equal out to the Tunguska winning? I haven't tried it.

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 10 Mar 2013, 19:15
Post #15

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

QUOTE (Karpet @ 10 Mar 2013, 19:02) *
Does Gepard vs Tunguska equal out to the Tunguska winning? I haven't tried it.

I think Gepard would win, because the Tunguska's autocannon is only effective against infantry, not light vehicle. And the Gepard seem to be tougher than the Tunguska.

But the Quadcannon beat them all laugh.gif

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
PsychoFactory
post 10 Mar 2013, 22:17
Post #16

Group Icon

I still can't defeat my opponent with ECA. Me and my opponent always play Tournament Desert 1 on 1 10k.

If he gets USA, he just blast me with Raptors planes. Gepards aren't fast enough to strike them down and destroy them. If I build the Wotan Array units (The anti aircraft tank) they hardly destroy one Raptor. The Skyshield battery (The anti aircraft defense) only damage one Raptor. He usually have 4 Raptors. If I make normal units (Which takes a lot time) he just destroy them with Raptors so that is pointless. I am very limited with money and can't do a thing.

If he get China, Russion or GLA he just spam units and defeat me. Defenses are not helping much.

+Quote Post
BaleEyedWarrior
post 20 Mar 2013, 15:09
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 9279

Troops help early on. Fenlin can swap to AA launchers with upgrade so his raptors will kill one trooper at a time while a good mob will swat his air craft down, Fortications are big help early on to, as well as garrionsing the ECA HQ. and getting to your WF and Solar rector ASAP too, gun turrets and MG Towers once up will hold up attacks as you reinforce your lines. Or rush him, and set up fortifcations near his base with brracks and use infanty to rush, with medics you can often out last the enermy, and ECA has the best types, MG/AA rilfemen, long range AT, medics, doggies and never forgetting the MG grenaideirs!

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 20 Mar 2013, 16:54
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

QUOTE (PsychoFactory @ 10 Mar 2013, 23:17) *
I still can't defeat my opponent with ECA. Me and my opponent always play Tournament Desert 1 on 1 10k.

If he gets USA, he just blast me with Raptors planes. Gepards aren't fast enough to strike them down and destroy them. If I build the Wotan Array units (The anti aircraft tank) they hardly destroy one Raptor. The Skyshield battery (The anti aircraft defense) only damage one Raptor. He usually have 4 Raptors. If I make normal units (Which takes a lot time) he just destroy them with Raptors so that is pointless. I am very limited with money and can't do a thing.

If he get China, Russion or GLA he just spam units and defeat me. Defenses are not helping much.

Build the solar reactor ASAP and upgrade with bunker and AA turrets. Then enjoy watching raptors fall down.

+Quote Post
Pepo
post 20 Mar 2013, 17:21
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 9862

Try to build has many defenses has possible.placing then on bottlenecks and using hills for your advantage normally make then much more difficult to destroy.place also secondary lines in case the first fall.has anubis said,the solar reactor is a key part of ECA.it can take down load of aircraft.for attacking,use your experimantal tank with many tanks.finally the solar burst i normally use it for destroying defenses.without defenses,the enemy is going to have a hard time against you.

This post has been edited by Pepo: 20 Mar 2013, 17:22

+Quote Post
melaw
post 20 Mar 2013, 23:20
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 9740

Play with Russia, after that ECA seems like GLA for you^^

--------------------
DEMAND combat cycle nukeneers!

+Quote Post
Warpath
post 21 Mar 2013, 2:22
Post #21

Mad General... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9008
Follower of the Grimdark.

Yeah, well maybe the ECA doesn't fit your playstyle maybe you should play with the different factions and see which ones suit you the best.

This post has been edited by Warpath: 21 Mar 2013, 2:23

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
- George S. Patton

That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.

- The Neconomicon

Two things are infinite: the universe and the human stupidity.
- Albert Einstein (attributed)

+Quote Post
PsychoFactory
post 21 Mar 2013, 9:54
Post #22

Group Icon

I am already familiar with every ROTR faction (especially Russian). We simple always pick random. The ECA faction has a very strong late game, but its early game is very weak. My only problem is that it takes a lot time to build ECA units, and I just hope that this will be fixed in the future.

+Quote Post
General Tatarin
post 21 Mar 2013, 10:13
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 9100

Vehicles for ECA will never take shorter time to build I think because it is defensive faction. Build infantry (grenadier FTW), artillery (takes less time to build than other vehicles) and of course stationary defenses.

+Quote Post
Genmotty
post 21 Mar 2013, 14:13
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 523

QUOTE (PsychoFactory @ 21 Mar 2013, 8:54) *
I am already familiar with every ROTR faction (especially Russian). We simple always pick random. The ECA faction has a very strong late game, but its early game is very weak. My only problem is that it takes a lot time to build ECA units, and I just hope that this will be fixed in the future.

It's WAD on the build times.

If you have issue with the build speed of parrellel production, then build multiple warfactories to parrellel produce units, you'll find that this will halve build speeds and so make it even more competative than the other factions warfactories and build speeds! The downside is the additional $2,000 per factory to keep up. Of course it depends on the opponent and scale of the battle, but any game in which you have already survived to get to the late game you should have ample funds coming in to reinvest in warfactories to give you a vehicle push.

In the early game dozers, defenses and a sprinkling of men is better than tanks. However in $10,000 games you may have to risk things between the skysheild or flakpanzer. The ECA can be rather weak to the US in particular when playing a skilled player. On the otherhand, the Palidin push for the US late game isn't that effective given the ECA cannons and the Wotan is supprisingly effective, if indervidually fairly weak.

Thus to summerise, ECA build times won't be fixed because they aren't 'broken' in the first place. If you are having issues with build speed vs your opponents then learn to adapt your strategies to cope with multiple warfactory builds.

I wonder what the effect of increasing the ECA Warfactory price to $2,500 for Charles and Willem, but keeping it at $2,000 for Wolfgang would do in helping to differentiate the play styles of the generals, since if price maintains constant, then all generals have an equally valid production 'bandwidth' strategy, and might not help Wolfgang in his approch if ther other ECA generals can 'spam equally'.

+Quote Post
PsychoFactory
post 22 Mar 2013, 0:13
Post #25

Group Icon

Already tried building a second warfactory and even then my opponent can build units faster (I am not kidding). If I build defenses in one place he will attack me from another place. If I place defenses all over the place I will spent too much money on them while my opponent build more units, upgrades and stuff. The problem with the defenses are that each defense is only strong vs one thing. I mean there is 1 defense for infantry, 1 defense for tanks and 1 defense for aircraft. A huge disadvantage to ECA.

This post has been edited by PsychoFactory: 22 Mar 2013, 0:14

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 0:08