IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Pacific Defense Initiative
Easy
post 19 May 2016, 15:45
Post #1

Director, Special Weapons Operational Research Division (SWORD)
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12854
Our mandate is victory. We will deliver.

Hey everyone. I am Easy and I will be writing a fan-fiction about the Philippine National Coast Watch Center Node 3, better known as Battle Fortress Palawan.

But before that, I will first introduce the Pacific Defense Initiative as a game faction simply to ground my story to the gameplay, set the general feel on the faction, and to set limitations myself and anyone else who might expand on the PDI lore should it became accepted as official. I know we all want cool ass things. Me, I want a submarine-type drone carrier, essentially a smaller submerged aircraft carrier. But I also want the PDI to feel like a functional game faction (though it won't be one) complete with its own faction theme. So scratch that.

Here goes. The PDI is a coalition largely acting as a counter-balance to perceived Chinese hegemony in the region, and is made up of Japan, ROK, and the remnants of the ASEAN.

Chairman: Kei Shirogame
Faction Color: Lime
Faction Symbol: (to be added)
Motto: Strength in Diversity
Faction Theme: Heavy support, mutually-exclusive veterancy-based upgrades/sidegrades for Tier 0 units

Rationale of Faction Theme:

Several nation members of PDI has long been reliant on defense treaties, most notably with the United States of America, and as a result has shaped their doctrine and their armed forces as a support unit to the main punch of the US Armed Forces. The PDI can field a variety of support units that acts as force multipliers for its small selection of breakthrough units.
Fielding a smaller amount of advance or more powerful weaponry, the PDI nations distribute its armaments to more deserving units who perform valiantly and effectively in the field of battle. (Each stage of veterancy unlocks a new offensive or support weapons or armor, however once one is chosen, the other unlocks are now unavailable).

Faction Weaponry Theme: conventional assault weapons; elements-based siege artillery; corrosive, gel, or sonic based support weapons that amplifies attacks and tracking, or cut enemy units’ efficiency and performance.

Faction Quirks/Mechanics: Infantry units can use Foxhole (disables movement; increases infantry defense; uncrushable; does not block unit pathing; slight increased resistance to anti-garrison weapons, flames, toxins, radiations, electric shocks etc.), unless otherwise stated.

Faction History: (to be added)
Member Nations (subject to change): (to be added)

Note: I will first attempt to create the lore of the Philippines (I couldn't find an official lore but stop me if there is one though), before starting the Fortress Palawan story. I will add in bits of the PDI lore from time to time.

And I would also like to ask for the official state of Israel post Global War on Terror as Israeli-Korean-Japanese armaments will feature maybe heavily in an upcoming PDI Appendix. Thank you.

This post has been edited by Easy: 19 May 2016, 16:16

--------------------
Welcome to the future of combat aviation. We have Raptors and Raptors, apparently.

Shenlong. Because there's nothing like an extra crispy meal of hopes and dreams.

A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place. To force them to acknowledge your greatness. -Gul Dukat.

To meet the enemy in a fair fight is the second most idiotic thing you can do. -Precepts of War (The RTS Battlefield)

If he hesitates to attack, you win. -Precepts of War (The RTS Battlefield)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Easy
post 19 May 2016, 18:45
Post #2

Director, Special Weapons Operational Research Division (SWORD)
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 12854
Our mandate is victory. We will deliver.

I just saw the wiki lore articles. Wow, did that thing just pop out of nowhere? I did not notice it before. Okay the PDI was supposed to be structured around economic and weapons development cooperation and not a defense cooperation. This might need some fancy footwork. I'll just start my main story first.

--------------------
Welcome to the future of combat aviation. We have Raptors and Raptors, apparently.

Shenlong. Because there's nothing like an extra crispy meal of hopes and dreams.

A true victory is to make your enemy see they were wrong to oppose you in the first place. To force them to acknowledge your greatness. -Gul Dukat.

To meet the enemy in a fair fight is the second most idiotic thing you can do. -Precepts of War (The RTS Battlefield)

If he hesitates to attack, you win. -Precepts of War (The RTS Battlefield)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 13:42