IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Oh well, things that i like and things that concern me., An honest to ground first look.
Die Hindenburg
post 20 Oct 2013, 9:19
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10025

Ok i know Deep Impact is only just started, but an first look can not hopefully do damage:

What i like is that Deep Impact finally is really a good combination of your original ideas, and the best of your former mods like Gen-X and this Atlantis mod, and that Eurpean Conflict does not affect it too much (which is very well thing to do)
The WEA is cool that is not again a "good, eco-friendly, but somehow nasty future EU" but an outright facist and almost nazi-like empire coated in a sweet design. This was what i wished for European Conflict, were it was too nice and friendly compared to the AC and the UAN.

Though i like the style of the WEA, being now an interesting facist variation of cliched eurpean factions, i have some concerns:

THat they designs overshadow the designs of other faction units, and that the WEA slowly but surely get a bit too much unique weapon/equipment themes, same as in European Conflicts WEA.
And i am concerned that the ADF would be again a rehashed UAN with just some new designs, but mostly worringly how the AC looked:
The blue color does somehow not fit the AC at all, because the USA, or any american nation for that point, did not use blue or marine camo (the silver camo for the WEA is explainable by the nano materials), they should be green or atleast sand or an fitting color. And lastly, the WLF, will still being a fetus in conceptional way, sounds that they will be curbstomped all over by the other factions.

But i think that your team get hopefully the fun doing the mod, because thats more important then the rest. laugh.gif

EDIT: I really wrote this? I lol at it now reading it. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Die Hindenburg: 31 Jul 2014, 19:36
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kalga
post 20 Oct 2013, 13:07
Post #2

Writer do his best now and BSing...
Group Icon

From: Somewhere in America (currently, not always that way)
Member No.: 9758
Yes I like Touhou... and the problem is?

Do note that blue is the stock color of the US & NATO for military exercises and a lot of RTS games. It's simply something that has been ingrained in the minds of the gaming community. The AC, for all the things they went through (and they did went through a lot, losing a good chunk of the Eastern Seaboard of the old US among other things), still do embody the values & traditions of the fomer USA so it's reasonable for them to still keep the "house color" so to speak.

(and a little known fact, US & NATO forces are notated as blue even in Soviet military exercises... and yes the Soviets notate themselves as red)

This post has been edited by Kalga: 20 Oct 2013, 13:10

--------------------
... wait, oh s--t! I've been surrounded by raging modders!

The forum is ripe with the stench of gamers!

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 20 Oct 2013, 16:01
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 97

I'll answer this one at a time.

- i can assure you each faction will have quite alot of unique features, including AC. There are quire a few unique systems planned for AC, but everything will be revealed in time.
- while ADF will have a stuff from the old UAN (like most of the structures just with changed textures), it will no longer be a medieval faction. They are a combo of ZH China and RA2 Russia more or less. They have also suffered a very big change this week, but we will announce that in our next update.
- Blue has always been more or less the color of Muricah' in cnc games. Either as house color, or blue tones for units(red alert universe), blue is our choice for them and it will remain. I don't care about real life camo themes used by usa - green for one looks like crap in generals, and woodland camo style looks extremely bad in generals due to outdated graphics.
- as for WLF - clearly you have no idea how powerful GLA can be. WLF will be the essence of GLA with more modern stuff and all 4 of their ZH factions compacted in just 2. They will not get pounded by anyone.

Also getting this kind of concerns without knowing pretty much anything about what's planned for each faction seems a bit out of place atm.

This post has been edited by Anubis: 20 Oct 2013, 16:03

+Quote Post
Die Hindenburg
post 20 Oct 2013, 18:22
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 10025

-Well that with the ADF is really nice to read, as long they dont have this steampunk or 1950s factory style, i am happy. tongue.gif

-Ah that with the blue i forgot almost but i actually never saw military vehicles with blue camo, but yes the engine is not suited for generic colors.

-I know that actually that the WLF is the best of ZH (not actual units but gameplay) but i just worried they would use again WW2 or Cold War designs (i mean the likes of T72, old fighters and other pre-1980s), with some execptions like trucks or so.

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 21 Oct 2013, 9:00
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

Actually ADF will be with a bit of steam-punk flavor. As for WLF - this time they will be more or less like orks in the wargammer 40k universe. Aka lots of custom stuff built from different parts. However that doesn't mean that they wont have some cool tech within the custom stuff.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 21 Oct 2013, 10:25
Post #6

The X General
Group Icon

Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Anubis @ 21 Oct 2013, 16:00) *
Actually ADF will be with a bit of steam-punk flavor

Me thinks industrial would be a better description than steam punk, but yeah ADF will at least not go below VZH China, tech wise.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 24 Nov 2013, 20:14
Post #7

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

You mean like Dieselpunk?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 19:46