Fan Fiction: The Oresund Offensive
Svea Rike
post 21 Dec 2012, 16:09
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9540

Malmo, September 8, 2046

"DUCK FOR COVER!" shouted Sergeant Armfeldt as he and his soldiers scrambled for cover as a hail of Buratino rockets flew over the Oresund strait. As soon as it had calmed down the Sergeant exited the bunker with fury. "I want all the damn artillery in the area to blow the TOS-1's to dust, IMMEDIATELY!" Three elements of the Russian 1st Shock Division had just captured Copenhagen and are now advancing into Scandinavia by the Oresund Bridge, but Swedish and refuge Danish and German forces stand in their way. The Sergeant was in command of a small armored brigade, and was tasked with defending the bridge until Norwegian reinforcements arrived. "Where are those god damned reinforcements, corporal!?" The Sergeant shouted to the radio operator. "They're just south of Gothenburg, but Russian off-shore ships are hitting them hard!" He said. "So tell them to move or they'll encounter more Russians when they get here!"

Lieutenant-General Friedrich, commander of the German refuge forces in Scania, stood atop of the Turning Torso and observed the battle using binoculars. He saw Swedish, Danish and German Leopard tanks firing at Russian ships and Golem tanks in the water. "Are you sure we have ships in the Baltic, captain?" He asked one of his officers who was observing a tactical map of Denmark and southern Sweden. "Yes, sir, but they have trouble with Russian scout units. They should be here in five to eight minutes." The officer said. "I hope you are right, captain, for I see Sentinel tanks moving across the bridge now." Friedrich hurried down to the Danish and Swedish commanders to inform them of the heavy Russian tanks. "Those damn reinforcements better be here soon." A Danish officer said to him.

Ever since the destruction of the U.S. Naval Base in Narvik in 2028, the Scandinavian navies have improved their technology and grown in numbers. Sergeant Armfeldt watched with an angry stare on the mighty Russian destroyers who picked off the Swedish corvettes one by one. "If the Russians get a hold on that bridge we can say hello to our grandmothers in HELL!" He said to his soldiers. "If the Norwegians or the German ships won't make it in time, I need a secondary way to assure the Russians from not coming over! I need explosives planted on the pillars on the towers." He pointed towards two stacked cans of Cola representing the bridge towers. We might lose the bridge but it will buy our other forces time and- oh shit, DUCK FOR COVER!" He screamed as another hail of Buratino rockets hurled towards Malmo. One of the rockets hit only a mere three meters away from the Sergeant. "God fucking damn it!" He said as he watched some of his men scream in pain.

European artillery batteries continued to open fire on the Buratino positions, as Danish major Johannesen had just exited the Turning Torso and headed for a Lynx APC. "Tell the officers to strengthen defenses around the bridgehead in Malmo; if Russian tanks manage to come across they shall not make it into the city!" He said to a sergeant. The Lynx drove off to Armfeldt's position. When he got there he saw an angry Sergeant and a private manning a machine gun position, right on top of a dismembered body. "Sergeant, calm down! Have you ordered your men to plant explosives on the bridge yet?" The Danish major asked. "They're all DEAD!" Armfeldt said to him in anger. "Well then follow me, we take the Zodiac!" He said while he grabbed hold of Armfeldt's arm.

The two men hurried out to the bridge. "Look at this." Johannesen said as he watched Copenhagen burn in the distance. "I hope my family is all right." "I am sure they are, now give me a hand here." Armfeldt said. They started to plant the C4 charges on the bridge pillar, but then, the entire bridge started to shake. "What the hell is happening?" Armfeldt asked while he almost fell in the water. "The Russians! Their heavy tanks are moving across! We must plant these charges NOW!" He said while he hurried to get all the needed charges in place. Suddenly, Lieutenant-General Friedrich called Johannesen on the radio. "Do you have all charges in place?" He asked. "Not yet, sir, but we are working on it!" "There is no more time, the Russians are soon across, pull out of there!" "NO, sir, with all respect, we must get this done!" Armfeldt said while he snatched the radio from Johannesen. "We will stop the sons of bitches or die trying!" He said and then hung up. "Sergeant? Sergeant? Damn it!" Friedrich exclaimed while he slammed the radio on the table. "Order all men to prepare for evacuation. We retreat to Gothenburg."

Armfeldt and Johannesen hurried to get all the needed charges in place. "Three!" "Two!" "One, all charges in place, let's go!" Johannesen said while he jumped in the Zodiac. Armfeldt appeared to have some trouble. "The- the portable trigger is malfunctioning! We can't light the bomb!" Armfeldt said while looking at Johannesen. The two men stared a bit before Johannesen and Armfeldt nodded in agreement, despite the fact they had not uttered a word. Johannesen drove off in the Zodiac while Armfeldt walked towards the C4 in front of him. He pressed the button while saying: "Russians. See. You. In. HELL!"

Johannesen, Friedrich and European soldiers watched as the pillar exploded and the bridge, as well as a company of Russian tanks, plummeted into the water. The lieutenant-general said to his men: "Take five off, everyone. The war is far from over." And walked off into the Turning Torso. "Also, call those Norwegian tanks and German ships, and tell them lieutenant-general Friedrich Königsberg demotes them all, and- ah, scheisse, DUCK FOR COVER!" He screamed while yet another hail of Buratino rockets lit up the sky.

This is my very first fan-fiction, so please don't hate it too much, and please tell me what you think.

This post has been edited by swedishplayer-97: 21 Dec 2012, 18:03

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 21 Dec 2012, 17:07
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

I like this story.....A few pics wouldnt bite and I've been told that music for the backround is helpfull (Thats what Im going to do next time)

Maybe a bit more detail and backstory to the charecters would be nice but other then that, Its quite good smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 21 Dec 2012, 17:26
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 21 Dec 2012, 17:07) *
I like this story.....A few pics wouldnt bite and I've been told that music for the backround is helpfull (Thats what Im going to do next time)

Maybe a bit more detail and backstory to the charecters would be nice but other then that, Its quite good smile.gif

Yeah...

I actually just improvies some character names when I wrote it, but I might give some background fan-fiction later on.
As for music and pictures, I did not find any good tune to go with this and my photoshop is well.... not as good as the actual Dev Teams.

--------------------

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 21 Dec 2012, 17:37
Post #4

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Photoshop?
What photoshop?

REAL MEN USE PAINT XD (Thats what I used for my fanfics, pm me if you want to check mine....chapter 2 is in the oven atm too smile.gif

As for the tunes, Its not as easy as it sounds

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xofolez
post 21 Dec 2012, 18:27
Post #5

That was left handed!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9508

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 21 Dec 2012, 17:37) *
Photoshop?
What photoshop?

REAL MEN USE PAINT XD (Thats what I used for my fanfics, pm me if you want to check mine....chapter 2 is in the oven atm too smile.gif

As for the tunes, Its not as easy as it sounds

I couldnt have said it better myself - check out the motivational posters I made, they will explain very well what me and my man bruse are saying about paint is for men.

As for music, check out Hans Zimmer or Harry Gregson-Williams for good background music like seen in black hawk down, gladiator, and/or kingdom of heaven smile.gif

--------------------

Das vidanea!

+Quote Post
Spejjarn
post 21 Dec 2012, 18:50
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 9277

Nice to hear some more about the Scandinavian theatre, swedishplayer-97. Think a little about which tense (tempusform) you use and try to be consistent. I agree with (USA)Bruce on music and images (and MS Paint, since I also suck at PS).

Nice that you mentioned "U.S. Naval Base in Narvik in 2028", I would suggest you to add more connections to canon (I was always wondering which naval base GLA attacked in "Operation: Global Security" - Narvik seems logical). It could be an idea to add year and month in the beginning to place the story in the ROTR timeline.

I got some good criticism too on my fanfiction "The Battle of Pudasjaervi Bridge". I'm thinking about writing a new one on the Sino-Russian border conflict.

Keep up the good work, swedishplayer-97! Håll den svenska fanan högt! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 21 Dec 2012, 19:54
Post #7

Group Icon

Thanks everyone for the good criticism! I would love to get permission from SWR to make my own fan-mini-campaign concerning Scandinavia when 1.8 is released. I am sort-of-a skilled WorldBuilderer and I have many ideas.

This post has been edited by swedishplayer-97: 21 Dec 2012, 19:55

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 21 Dec 2012, 19:57
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

If you have Worldbuilder skills, you might as well present some references to The_Hunter. We will need more mappers for our eventual campaigns after all.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 21 Dec 2012, 19:59
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (MARS @ 21 Dec 2012, 19:57) *
If you have Worldbuilder skills, you might as well present some references to The_Hunter. We will need more mappers for our eventual campaigns after all.

Oh I am not so skilled as you guys are, and I will never be. If you want some preferences: you might check out some of my addons on Moddb, some are good, others are worse. It is usually because I don't put so much time into making them, I just whip some terrain together, texture it, add props and such and bam! A new map is done. I could of course take a lot more time into my maps but, I have much school work and so.... yeah.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xofolez
post 22 Dec 2012, 0:36
Post #10

That was left handed!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9508

hmmm I might take you guys up on that in the near future... as your would figure, I have just started mapping, but my quality and attention to detail is equivalent to maps like "Bay of Retaliation [ROTR]" and "Mountain Fox [ZH]" ... but on the hows to make a "Mission map" or shell map is not yet in my skill set... I really like making maps though lol (since star date Dec 4th, I have 7 maps of 6+hours spent on each) erm sorry for breaking topic lol

This post has been edited by Xofolez: 22 Dec 2012, 0:37

--------------------

Das vidanea!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 April 2024 - 20:25