How to be a better player ?
GeneralAziz
post 25 Jan 2017, 22:31
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 12539

Hi there , its been a while since i made a topic rolleyes.gif

Many players in pub always ask how to get better and compete in high level in 1v1 and 2v2 !

The answer is easy .. All you have to do is play games against people who YOU know that they can defeat you , This way you will be in a situation where you have to act fast because playing under pressure is what will make you a better faster player .

Losing doesnt matter as long as you learn what exactly made you lose maybe stupid little mistake cost you game you were winning , or being slow or even turtling etc

Learning the weakness of all factions and what works best against them in early and late game

So .. if you see testers online dont hesitate to play against them , trust me you will be better ..the worst thing you can do is play against people on a lower level than you IF you wanna improve your game

Very happy to see new names in the scene in the 1.87 pubs playing regularly the like of red_army , xeno , toten , Chms , Drebel , argon ,,, and couple others ,and they are getting better everyday just need more games with good players and ya`ll set ;D

this way we`ll have more competitive players in the scene which is good.

If you have an advice you want to add post them below biggrin.gif

--------------------
Not here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 25 Jan 2017, 22:33
Post #2

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

What is your rush build for gla vs china?
Could you elaborate on it?

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 25 Jan 2017, 22:35
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

well said and true.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 25 Jan 2017, 22:51
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10884

How do I do an good

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 25 Jan 2017, 23:18
Post #5

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Member No.: 10450

While I do generally complain about imbalanced team matchups in game, it's more due to the fact that sometimes a player doesn't feel like having a "stress" game , one that will involve him into putting very high APMs to stay in the game ( Mostly due to just being tired of work/school/University or just not in the mood of having to play a loosing match).

After all , even if loosing doesn't matter, winning in all ways is more gratifying, hence why we put effort into improving.

With that being said, there is a difference between " I am not in the mood " and " I will avoid playing against this player because he is way better than me " . I'll elaborate this view from my prespective ;

I am guilty of both actually ( Am looking at you Bruce and Rikerzz ) , but that's mostly due to me usually being ridiculously rusty , and just not in the mood of 'removing it yet' due to lack of energy generally ( With the spare time I have had in the past 4 months , I'd rather either go PvE AI testing/Coding, or play a relaxed PvP with someone who wouldn't kick me out 5 minutes into the game). I've also noticed a trend, that not everyone has the same amount energy to handle going through stressful games against the same opponents over and over and over , eventually they'd get burnt out. This isn't something you can enforce on anyone, or tell them to simply shrug it off. That doesn't mean I never play 1v1s, I do, but usually those have a specific reason ( to test a particular matchups/New strats/Stuff) , in which I'd go head on against Marakar ( who's probably the best 1v1 player in the community at the moment).

Now there's this, and there's " Am scared of playing against this guy and that guy because they are better than me" .

That's not a good enough reason to not want to play , especially if you are a well established PvP players who often beats other players at your skill level. There is no reason to refuse playing against other high level players because you have the potential to improve ( given that you are well established) If you're just a casual or a mid level player who is learning, then there isn't really a point in hitting your head on a brick wall , playing against Aziz/Knjaz/Marakar/Rikerz/Bruce will not improve you even if you've played them for 20-30 games in a row if you're not well established already. It's like trying to play a fighting game against a professional player who knows how to string all those high damage long combos, while you only know the basic punches and kicks. There are other ways you can learn how to better yourself, and going through this unrewarding stress is not one of them, definitely not. I'll list down several methods below later.

But for the well established player who refuses to play, you're causing more harm than good. Testers/Donaters/ and Devs have been probably playing against each other rigirously for several long months, which frankly burns them out. We're always excited when a build becomes public, since there are other tactics and build orders we see ( because at this point we have memorized every single move our opponent tester/Dev/Donator can do , and matches basically boils down to who makes a mistake first, looses, which is really stressfull in the long run). By refusing, you're segregating the skill levels further since you are not willing to improve ( while having the potential to), and by putting yourself in the enviroment of having to battle people who are lower skilled level , you'll slowly bury this potential deeper down. This is a negative effect on you, and for us it's rather the 'boredom' since nobody would be willing to play, and we'd be stuck playing against each other over and over. So do yourself and us a favor and play the occasional "hard match" once in a while.

For players who WANT to get established, without wantitng to be constantly demolisehd by the pros I mentioned above 20 games in a row, here is what you can do :

- Play in team games either with or against them. Why team games? Because team games is the most relaxed starting point you can get as you learn about different aspects of the game, it's just that the attention is segregated between you and your allies. Try your best to either be with or against these opponents since team games offer more of a 'break' to learn new tactics, and is less punishing for your probable numerous mistakes you will be doing. You get a higher chance to do stuff, which makes the match seem more rewarding even if you loose, and thus it'd motivate you further. In those team games, try to set up a record of how long you survive, or if you can harass, or contribute to the team, keep your hopes moderate and you'll get more motivated as you acheive those tasks.

- Have 1v1 against opponents that can beat you , while having one of the aformentioned pros as your coach : There is no shame in having a coach, and in fact it is probably the fastest way to learn. Play against a player who is better than you, and have someone else coach you about the mistakes through a skype call while observing the game. He can keep telling you about the mistakes you are doing, or the strats you should be adjusting against your opponent ( who knows that you are bieng coached and is willing to participate in this learning session for you). This gives you more prespective on how match flows over time and how each faction peaks at specific stages of the game.

- Watch replays and analyze your own : Every match you loose, save the replay. Watch what you did wrong, and think of different stuff you could've done. Infact, get a high level player on a call with you and analyse it together. This will help you learn from your mistakes as well as predicts the general strategies and metas the enemy usually relies on. Watching replays of other players is also useful, as the more you watch , the more you'd be able to pick up on other player mistakes and acheivemnts, learning from them.

- When you feel yourself well-establsihed, play against one of the high level players in a 1v1. You're gonna loose, no doubt about it, in which case you should apply the advice above. Learn from your replays, chat with them about what they did and how, or send the replay to other players to analyse it with you.

- If you want to build up APM and speed , play 1v1 against GeneralAziz. He's by far the most consistent in his high APM ( evident by the streams he makes). Playing against him ( assuming you are well-established) will help you build up your speed and map awareness, as those are 2 key aspects you need to build up in order to stay in game and push him back. He's also a very good sport, though don't get into his bad side, otherwise he'd troll you forever tongue.gif ( Note : Marakar can also fall into this category , and generally Bruce and Rikerz as well, those 4 requires high APM to play against ).

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
XAOC-RU-
post 26 Jan 2017, 0:15
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11210

QUOTE (Mizo @ 26 Jan 2017, 3:18) *
While I do generally complain about imbalanced team matchups in game, it's more due to the fact that sometimes a player doesn't feel like having a "stress" game , one that will involve him into putting very high APMs to stay in the game ( Mostly due to just being tired of work/school/University or just not in the mood of having to play a loosing match).

After all , even if loosing doesn't matter, winning in all ways is more gratifying, hence why we put effort into improving.

With that being said, there is a difference between " I am not in the mood " and " I will avoid playing against this player because he is way better than me " . I'll elaborate this view from my prespective ;

I am guilty of both actually ( Am looking at you Bruce and Rikerzz ) , but that's mostly due to me usually being ridiculously rusty , and just not in the mood of 'removing it yet' due to lack of energy generally ( With the spare time I have had in the past 4 months , I'd rather either go PvE AI testing/Coding, or play a relaxed PvP with someone who wouldn't kick me out 5 minutes into the game). I've also noticed a trend, that not everyone has the same amount energy to handle going through stressful games against the same opponents over and over and over , eventually they'd get burnt out. This isn't something you can enforce on anyone, or tell them to simply shrug it off. That doesn't mean I never play 1v1s, I do, but usually those have a specific reason ( to test a particular matchups/New strats/Stuff) , in which I'd go head on against Marakar ( who's probably the best 1v1 player in the community at the moment).

Now there's this, and there's " Am scared of playing against this guy and that guy because they are better than me" .

That's not a good enough reason to not want to play , especially if you are a well established PvP players who often beats other players at your skill level. There is no reason to refuse playing against other high level players because you have the potential to improve ( given that you are well established) If you're just a casual or a mid level player who is learning, then there isn't really a point in hitting your head on a brick wall , playing against Aziz/Knjaz/Marakar/Rikerz/Bruce will not improve you even if you've played them for 20-30 games in a row if you're not well established already. It's like trying to play a fighting game against a professional player who knows how to string all those high damage long combos, while you only know the basic punches and kicks. There are other ways you can learn how to better yourself, and going through this unrewarding stress is not one of them, definitely not. I'll list down several methods below later.

But for the well established player who refuses to play, you're causing more harm than good. Testers/Donaters/ and Devs have been probably playing against each other rigirously for several long months, which frankly burns them out. We're always excited when a build becomes public, since there are other tactics and build orders we see ( because at this point we have memorized every single move our opponent tester/Dev/Donator can do , and matches basically boils down to who makes a mistake first, looses, which is really stressfull in the long run). By refusing, you're segregating the skill levels further since you are not willing to improve ( while having the potential to), and by putting yourself in the enviroment of having to battle people who are lower skilled level , you'll slowly bury this potential deeper down. This is a negative effect on you, and for us it's rather the 'boredom' since nobody would be willing to play, and we'd be stuck playing against each other over and over. So do yourself and us a favor and play the occasional "hard match" once in a while.

For players who WANT to get established, without wantitng to be constantly demolisehd by the pros I mentioned above 20 games in a row, here is what you can do :

- Play in team games either with or against them. Why team games? Because team games is the most relaxed starting point you can get as you learn about different aspects of the game, it's just that the attention is segregated between you and your allies. Try your best to either be with or against these opponents since team games offer more of a 'break' to learn new tactics, and is less punishing for your probable numerous mistakes you will be doing. You get a higher chance to do stuff, which makes the match seem more rewarding even if you loose, and thus it'd motivate you further. In those team games, try to set up a record of how long you survive, or if you can harass, or contribute to the team, keep your hopes moderate and you'll get more motivated as you acheive those tasks.

- Have 1v1 against opponents that can beat you , while having one of the aformentioned pros as your coach : There is no shame in having a coach, and in fact it is probably the fastest way to learn. Play against a player who is better than you, and have someone else coach you about the mistakes through a skype call while observing the game. He can keep telling you about the mistakes you are doing, or the strats you should be adjusting against your opponent ( who knows that you are bieng coached and is willing to participate in this learning session for you). This gives you more prespective on how match flows over time and how each faction peaks at specific stages of the game.

- Watch replays and analyze your own : Every match you loose, save the replay. Watch what you did wrong, and think of different stuff you could've done. Infact, get a high level player on a call with you and analyse it together. This will help you learn from your mistakes as well as predicts the general strategies and metas the enemy usually relies on. Watching replays of other players is also useful, as the more you watch , the more you'd be able to pick up on other player mistakes and acheivemnts, learning from them.

- When you feel yourself well-establsihed, play against one of the high level players in a 1v1. You're gonna loose, no doubt about it, in which case you should apply the advice above. Learn from your replays, chat with them about what they did and how, or send the replay to other players to analyse it with you.

- If you want to build up APM and speed , play 1v1 against GeneralAziz. He's by far the most consistent in his high APM ( evident by the streams he makes). Playing against him ( assuming you are well-established) will help you build up your speed and map awareness, as those are 2 key aspects you need to build up in order to stay in game and push him back. He's also a very good sport, though don't get into his bad side, otherwise he'd troll you forever tongue.gif ( Note : Marakar can also fall into this category , and generally Bruce and Rikerz as well, those 4 requires high APM to play against ).

Brilliant words Mizo! I think this text should be in ROTR Guide for beginners like official document smile.gif. Seriously. I agree that beginner should play with players who have equal skill level or maybe a bit higher. Play 1v1 with pro player will not give proper effect especcially if you do not know all game aspects and your APM and micromanage is much lower. You will not be able even right analyse your game which will end before 5 min maybe or will be long a bit later if your pro opponent will like to "play" with you like cat with mouse before eat it happy.gif (meow smile.gif ). And I also advise for beginners and mid-level players to play with people who will help them to learn the game and give them good advises rather then tell them that "You are noob! Go learn hahaha." which maybe too with some people who just relaxing and fun playing with novice players and do not give them any tips for better play. This is worst people. As for me my couch was XAttus when I just start to play ROTR. That was really fun time when I build 2 and even 3 supply depots near 1 supply spot and then build around 4 supply trucks and do not take 2nd supply spot biggrin.gif. But he explained me how to play and even after 1.5 years I sometimes played with him and he always tell me how to play and make counter tactics for different factions vs others. Also said to me about imba moments in previous ROTR versions like GLA terror rushes and other moments like fast vs slow faction imbalance.
And finally your words (Mizo) about "not in mood coz this will be stressfull game for me and I just a bit rusty and tired after working day" is most common situation because most of us have different timezones and it very hard to make a equal game without unnessesary stress. As for me I cannot play more than 3-4 intensive games in one time (depend on my opponent and game lengh) even if I'm not tired and feel fresh mind. But if I'm rusty at this moment I'll will go for couple teamgames 2v2 or 3v3 coz they need more analytics and thinking than pure APM and big stress like 1v1 games smile.gif.
P.S. I hope this mini-guide from me and full-guide from Mizo will make interest for new players and will increase number of people in lobby all time of day.

+Quote Post
psychonaut23
post 26 Jan 2017, 6:54
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 14180

Love this post biggrin.gif im one of the new guys trying hard to git gud lol. just recently i finally able to say i have a solid understanding of all the factions and general basic strategy. such a pain tho since my GPU is a monkey with a crayon so anything more than 3 players on a map makes me (and everyone else) lag :/ so im restricted to 1v1s until i can afford i better pc which is a pain. but nonetheless ive been trying learn. spamming Ai games to learn every faction well and improve my general speed. Finally got to a point that i can easily beat easy ai (1.87 ai not the vanilla), and can beat medium ai with my better factions, and even once hard ai (tho cheesy as hell with ECA on Death stadium map lol). Still havent ever beaten a human player but ive atleast gotten to a point to where i made some of my opponents actually to have to use SOME effort to win instead of just trolling me to death lol. I know the scene is small and theres not too many new players, so its nice to find wealths of info for us newbies lol

+Quote Post
Jet02
post 26 Jan 2017, 7:27
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 13185

Don't spam, don't insult anyone when you lose, don't cheat, don't rage quit.

Ok back to seriousland. General rule of thumb: Check the minimap every 10 seconds, pay attention to eva, spend your resources accordingly(is that the right word for it?), and don't stick to the same playstyle all the time(unless you're doing singleplayer of course).

That's all i can give you.

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 26 Jan 2017, 8:30
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

just to add,

never be afraid to ask questions, whether it be in the lobby/here/discord/skype/facebook or even in the middle of a match.
if you are not sure on anything, what unit is best for X circumstance etc just ask no one is gonna bite your head off.

were all here to help each other learn the mod, gain experience and above all have fun in doing so.

as mizo said "having one of the aforementioned pros as your coach."
don't be afraid to ask for this either, ull find that majority of the community is willing to heal each other and to coach new players.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 26 Jan 2017, 10:44
Post #10

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

Be worthy in defeat.
How do I do an good

????? mani8.gif

+Quote Post
Zion
post 26 Jan 2017, 14:52
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 10992

Good post, i started spaming games vs aziz back when i was noob level, and now i win like 99% of games vs aziz, sometimes his demo trap kills my army, and thats the only time i loose a game. silly mistakes

This post has been edited by Zion: 26 Jan 2017, 14:55

+Quote Post
GeneralAziz
post 26 Jan 2017, 15:12
Post #12

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zion @ 26 Jan 2017, 15:52) *
Good post, i started spaming games vs aziz back when i was noob level, and now i win like 99% of games vs aziz, sometimes his demo trap kills my army, and thats the only time i loose a game. silly mistakes

No , you win 99.9999% of the time , lol

--------------------
Not here.

+Quote Post
Zion
post 26 Jan 2017, 15:51
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 10992

QUOTE (GeneralAziz @ 26 Jan 2017, 9:12) *
No , you win 99.9999% of the time , lol

NO you do!!

oh wait.. dam he got me

This post has been edited by Zion: 26 Jan 2017, 15:51

+Quote Post
Star_Abraham
post 30 Jan 2017, 3:59
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 13091

I heard if you hide the enemies under your hand, you defeat them.

That's my best two cents for "how to play better"

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lobo Solitario
post 30 Jan 2017, 11:21
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 9093

Just some general advice for any pvp RTS - if you're coming from playing against the AI, you have to totally rethink your way of playing. Against the AI gameplay is normally passive and reactive, but in pvp you have to play aggressive and proactive. You want to be stepping on your opponent's toes and getting in their business from the moment the game starts. This fulfills three main objectives:

-Information. By pressing your opponent you are also scouting them and can see what they are up to, which is key both to adapting your tactics in the specific game as well as to learning how other players play.
-Initiative. By pressing your opponent you are forcing them to react to you instead of the other way round, which gives you more room to think, and may force errors on their part.
-Map control. By pressing your opponent you are limiting their ability to control the map and the resources it contains, which at the very least means they will have less stuff to throw at you even if you don't take the resources for yourself (which you should).

Other major things to look out for that are different from AI games:
-Don't turtle, expand as fast as you can. There are two battles going on, the micro (individual engagements) and the macro (overall production). Even if you're outclassed in the micro, if you have more resources and production than your opponent, you can still win by attrition.
-Stratagems matter. Against the AI games are often an endless war of attrition, and all your sneaky tactics rarely make a big difference as the AI just replaces the units/buildings with a new set, paid for by often limitless funds. In pvp, if you can sneak a hero in the back of their base, you will often have won the game - players have neither the limitless funds nor (most players at least) the AI's capacity to endlessly rebuild without getting tired and/or frustrated. The same goes for battles - instead of facing an endless wave of units, the game will be more about individual engagements, with the winner taking a significant map advantage until the loser can recover. A single well-placed ambush or trap can win you the game.
-Don't throw away units. As per the previous point, every unit matters. If you can't win a battle, or cause significantly more damage to the enemy base than the units you will lose are worth, don't lose them pointlessly, as you are putting your opponent ahead on resources. If you can't attack, contain, and if you can't contain, withdraw and defend. Attack where the enemy is weak, and where they are strong, try to draw them into traps.
-Don't waste too much money on fixed defenses. Unlike the AI, a player will just go round your turrets, or attack them from outside their range. A tank can defend ever corner of your base, while a fixed turret cannot. A tank can also attack your enemy as well as defend, and if you are both producing optimally, you will be fighting battles with very similar amounts of resources, where every little can make the difference.
-Defend in depth. As per the previous point, players will find ways round defensive lines. When you do place defenses, it's often a good idea to put them in among your buildings, places where they cannot be avoided and where they are shielded by your buildings, allowing them to do additional damage before they are destroyed.

This post has been edited by Lobo Solitario: 30 Jan 2017, 11:25

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 31 Jan 2017, 11:25
Post #16

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

Member No.: 10225

Three tips.

1. Remember to poop. Tension is not good.

2. Time. If you're young and got lots of free time/or are unemployed/a lucky bastard, then practice if you deem this game's competitive scene worthy.

3. Remember to eat and drink. Starving is also not good.

And when it comes to the gameplay itself?

Try different maps. Face different people. Vary things. If you eat the same bowl of rice over and over, it will get boring.

And most of all?

Play this game, do not make it a job. If you get too serious about it you alienate people; and you stop having fun. Remember that its not always about killing your opponent in the most efficient way possible. Don't be afraid to do stupid things from time to time. Don't be afraid to break from the meta to try ridiculous strategies. Learn who your opponents are and try to make it fun for them too and adapt to who you are playing against, both tactically and socially.

To be a better player, you must become a better person overall.

This post has been edited by ComradeCrimson: 31 Jan 2017, 11:28

--------------------

+Quote Post
LoneRebel
post 6 Feb 2017, 10:44
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 11110

Lobo Solitario makes very good points about how PvP differs from playing against the AI.

QUOTE (ComradeCrimson @ 31 Jan 2017, 19:25) *
Play this game, do not make it a job. If you get too serious about it you alienate people; and you stop having fun. Remember that its not always about killing your opponent in the most efficient way possible. Don't be afraid to do stupid things from time to time. Don't be afraid to break from the meta to try ridiculous strategies. Learn who your opponents are and try to make it fun for them too and adapt to who you are playing against, both tactically and socially.

To be a better player, you must become a better person overall.

Very well said, I agree.

+Quote Post
BlastingBout
post 1 Mar 2017, 10:13
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 14603

Hi gents,

Anyone of you recall playing against me? smile.gif
Normally I try playing against the AI to get better but I wanted to mention something about the improved AI..
I am playing ROTR on and off, and been to a decent level where I could easely beat the brutal AI in 1.86.
however now I can only beat the easy enemy (starting with 10000$ that is) I have the feeling that the AI has unrealistic resources.
It builds crazy fast and is really cleaver.

Is someone like Marakar or General Aziz able to defeat the 1.87 brutal army?

and does anyone like to play with me I need to improve my game rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 1 Mar 2017, 11:56
Post #19

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

I am rebuilding a new AI that's not going to cheat ,which will make them x20 times easier to beat.

This post has been edited by Mizo: 1 Mar 2017, 11:57

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
BlastingBout
post 1 Mar 2017, 12:07
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 14603

QUOTE (Mizo @ 1 Mar 2017, 11:56) *
I am rebuilding a new AI that's not going to cheat ,which will make them x20 times easier to beat.

That's cool. It doesnt have to be easy but I have a feeling the AI cannot run out of resources.
And the AI should have the same starting money as the player, is that possible?
That way the AI can only beat you by making better decisions like a real opponent instead of being unbalanced.

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 1 Mar 2017, 12:38
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 10884

QUOTE (BlastingBout @ 1 Mar 2017, 13:07) *
That's cool. It doesnt have to be easy but I have a feeling the AI cannot run out of resources.
And the AI should have the same starting money as the player, is that possible?
That way the AI can only beat you by making better decisions like a real opponent instead of being unbalanced.

AI can be given the same starting money, but it isn't as efficient in spending it as the player, which would either stymie its growth or make it impotent. The 1.86 AI became neutered whenever the main supplies ran out, which is something that is best avoided when making an AI [for ROTR atleast].

This post has been edited by Hanfield: 1 Mar 2017, 12:40

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
XoGamer
post 2 Mar 2017, 8:59
Post #22

Tactically Toxic
Group Icon

Member No.: 12634

I have been playing rotr for ages and I still haven't played online yet. The one time I tired, the ppl who were on were 1.87 testers before it was PB

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 2 Mar 2017, 13:44
Post #23

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

The AI wont be easier in behavior nor its attacks. They will just play more like a Human would. As a result however, the games are alot less intensive and there is a several "peace periods", in which they are preparing their armies while building up their secondary economy. It no longer just pours units at you 24/7. This is not the case for 50k starts, the AI will burn its money as fast as possible to devrlop its base quicker and attack faster more frequently.

Am still testing out ways to make the AI manage their money better. It's not an easy job I can tell you that, as I am walking a fine thin line, one wrong move and I'd end up woth an AI that's too easy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GeneralAziz
post 4 Mar 2017, 19:41
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (BlastingBout @ 1 Mar 2017, 10:13) *
Hi gents,

Anyone of you recall playing against me? smile.gif
Normally I try playing against the AI to get better but I wanted to mention something about the improved AI..
I am playing ROTR on and off, and been to a decent level where I could easely beat the brutal AI in 1.86.
however now I can only beat the easy enemy (starting with 10000$ that is) I have the feeling that the AI has unrealistic resources.
It builds crazy fast and is really cleaver.

Is someone like Marakar or General Aziz able to defeat the 1.87 brutal army?

and does anyone like to play with me I need to improve my game rolleyes.gif

hey buddy , yes the new brutal is very tough , but beatable for sure but its not a walk in the park

This post has been edited by GeneralAziz: 7 Mar 2017, 10:39

--------------------
Not here.

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 5 Mar 2017, 6:10
Post #25

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 11665

I found the Brural AI as a good challenge that would not only put my micro capability to the test, but would also allow me to easily see the effectiveness of certain strategies against certain factions. For example, it's possible to learn in a US v Russia game that by controlling your air properly such as stealth commanches, you can pracrucially beat russia to a pulp so long as you distract the grumbels with TMD, Ospreys, or even GP Planes from Reinforcement GPs (Spec Ops Rank 1 gives you 2 cargo planes as meatshields.) It let's you really think outside the box and understand the strengths and limitations of each faction and develops your gamesense nicely through this manner if you are simply entering pvp or wish to improve and reach higher level play.

It's a proper simulator that enhances your pvp skill, and it's definitely bearable if you have the macro, micro and game sense to handle it.

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 22:51