Reply to this topicStart new topic
U.S. armored general too weak
9ibest
post 20 Aug 2010, 15:20
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1105

Under the most difficult level, basically no way to defend, or Chinese soldiers the most general calendar harm! When you use American armored generals is how to defend it? The next version step up the look?

在最难级别下,基本上没办法防守,还是中国士兵将军最历害!你们用美国装甲将军时是如何防守的?下一个版本中是否要加强一下?

PS:那位中国仁兄,帮着翻译一下吧,感谢先
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 20 Aug 2010, 15:27
Post #2

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

Im not sure if you using the Armour general right, one of his playstyles is it mix different units instead of using one or two units as he lacks a jack of all trades unit (aside from the wraith tank when upgraded with the Missle launcher which can target aircraft), say for example have vulcan tanks which will reduce a infantry horde or massed light vehicles (though chinese generals/vanilia faction mostly lack light vehicle type units) to swiss cheese, gladiators against aircraft (they are a bit too weak against Aircraft IMO but havent played shockwave for ages though) etc.

What im saying is is that Most of his units are designed to kill one or two types of units while other sides/generals have plenty of units that can engage multiple units but the Armour general units does what they do very good (aside from the gladiator though IMO).

Also for defences Mix them up a bit a few component towers with vulcan cannons for infantry and Guardian cannons against tanks (though the number of component tower type can change depending on which type of opponent though).

My main point is that with Armour general you're supposed to mix and match units more than the other sides/generals, defences etc.

Then again i have never played online though sad.gif .

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 21 Aug 2010, 19:48

+Quote Post
9ibest
post 20 Aug 2010, 15:38
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (dangerman1337 @ 20 Aug 2010, 13:27) *
Im not sure if you using him right, one of his playstyles is it mix different units instead of using one or two units as he lacks a jack of all trades unit (aside from the wraith tank when upgraded with the Missle launcher which can target aircraft), say for example have vulcan tanks which will reduce a infantry horde or massed light vehicles (though chinese generals/vanilia faction mostly lack light vehicle type units) to swiss cheese, gladiators against aircraft (they are a bit too weak against Aircraft IMO but havent played shockwave for ages though) etc.

What im saying is is that Most of his units are designed to kill one or two types of units while other sides/generals have plenty of units that can engage multiple units but the Armour general units does what they do very good (aside from the gladiator though IMO).

Also for defences Mix them up a bit a few component towers with vulcan cannons for infantry and Guardian cannons against tanks (though the number of component tower type can change depending on which type of opponent though.

Then again i have never played online though sad.gif .

我用美国装甲将军,基本上无法防,你用中国士兵将军防同样一个敌人你就知道比装甲将军容易多了
I use the U.S. armored generals, basically can not prevent, you use the Chinese soldiers general anti-same enemy you know than the armor, General easier

+Quote Post
Erik
post 20 Aug 2010, 16:28
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 26
Projects: ShockWave Tester
Mindfuck of the month: Casimir effect

Dont build any defenses as armor general, just mass Bradleys they kill everything with that missile launcher upgrade. Against heavy tanks add tank destroyers & howitzers. Voila invincible army...

--------------------

And you feel a sudden chill
How do you do? My name is Trouble
I'm coming for the kill...
And you know I will

+Quote Post
ComeOn
post 20 Aug 2010, 16:52
Post #5

OH, F***!
Group Icon

Member No.: 295
Inferno shells, anyone? ;)

QUOTE (9ibest @ 20 Aug 2010, 7:38) *
我用美国装甲将军,基本上无法防,你用中国士兵将军防同样一个敌人你就知道比装甲将军容易多了
I use the U.S. armored generals, basically can not prevent, you use the Chinese soldiers general anti-same enemy you know than the armor, General easier

Yep- the concrete emplacements are practically useless. I suggest using them with howitzers.

--------------------
Hello, comrades.
Before I start, I must ask one question: how do you think battles are won? If you answered "It just take a lot of men", then I may suggest you to leave the academy. Why will I say that? It is because battles are not won just by simply shooting down your enemies: it also takes emotions to fight a battle. Hope, courage, pride, honor, love: these are the main emotions that it takes to win a battle. Yes, your equipment, your skills, and your genetics are very important, but it all boils down to one thing: Do you have the WILL to fight?
Class is dismissed.
WARNING: Watching this may result in losing your manliness.

Yep: I'm a rusty sword. VERY rusty. :/

+Quote Post
GuardianTempest
post 20 Aug 2010, 17:05
Post #6

Adorably Awkward Android
Group Icon

Member No.: 1015
Back after mysteriously disappearing in 2015

QUOTE (ComeOn @ 20 Aug 2010, 20:52) *
Yep- the concrete emplacements are practically useless. I suggest using them with howitzers.

Unless if your opponent is an AI or should I say...AS?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 20 Aug 2010, 17:14
Post #7

I fits I sits
Group Icon

TBH im not sure what he is saying though but my point still stand how to play the armour general generally.

Also somewhat relevant tongue.gif :

http://s912.photobucket.com/albums/ac326/D...rent=SWRlol.png

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 20 Aug 2010, 17:14

+Quote Post
Babri
post 20 Aug 2010, 19:51
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 1102

If you are playing against AI you need Mammoth Tanks, Vulcan Tanks & Gladiator. The starting Wraith Tanks & rangers would be enough for early small attacks. Once you build war factory create a stryker (to repair damaged vehicles). Try to create about 2 Gladiators, 1 Vulcan Tank & few Mammoth Tanks. Once you build strategy center the most important thing is Col. Burton & then upgrade him with his special weapon. He can destroy light vehicles, infantry & even tanks. Try to build phalanx for anti air defence. Don't build too many anti tank concrete slabs earlier because they are too expensive. 1 or 2 would be enough. Place them only there where your army would take more time to reach.

EDIT : I tried to attach a replay with this post but I can't. sad.gif

This post has been edited by Babri: 20 Aug 2010, 20:24

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 20 Aug 2010, 21:37
Post #9

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

Member No.: 19
In birro veritas.

As of the public version, the Armour general is probably the most overpowered general in every single way you can imagine. He has the best everything of everything.

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
Shock
post 20 Aug 2010, 22:01
Post #10

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

No attack choppers

--------------------

+Quote Post
R3ven
post 20 Aug 2010, 22:15
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 356
l33t

QUOTE (Shock @ 20 Aug 2010, 14:01) *
No attack choppers

Who needs Choppers when two of his bombers take a GLA WF down to a GLA Hole with the Laser Missile Upgrade? tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Babri
post 21 Aug 2010, 1:05
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 1102

QUOTE (Chyros @ 20 Aug 2010, 22:37) *
As of the public version, the Armour general is probably the most overpowered general in every single way you can imagine. He has the best everything of everything.

Salvage General RULES ! Armour is great but can't match General Mohmar. smile.gif

+Quote Post
ComeOn
post 21 Aug 2010, 2:28
Post #13

OH, F***!
Group Icon

Member No.: 295
Inferno shells, anyone? ;)

QUOTE (dangerman1337 @ 20 Aug 2010, 9:14) *
TBH im not sure what he is saying though but my point still stand how to play the armour general generally.

I mean to put the emplacements at the front, and to put the howitzers at the back.

--------------------
Hello, comrades.
Before I start, I must ask one question: how do you think battles are won? If you answered "It just take a lot of men", then I may suggest you to leave the academy. Why will I say that? It is because battles are not won just by simply shooting down your enemies: it also takes emotions to fight a battle. Hope, courage, pride, honor, love: these are the main emotions that it takes to win a battle. Yes, your equipment, your skills, and your genetics are very important, but it all boils down to one thing: Do you have the WILL to fight?
Class is dismissed.
WARNING: Watching this may result in losing your manliness.

Yep: I'm a rusty sword. VERY rusty. :/

+Quote Post
JJ
post 21 Aug 2010, 10:32
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 65

QUOTE (Shock @ 21 Aug 2010, 2:01) *
No attack choppers

Doesn't matter, the only one that is good enough to be worth investing a lot in is the Stealth Comanche anyway.

The AI in general is actually quite easy to figure out, build Bradleys, a lot of them, or if you prefer not to, use a combination of defences, Black Widows, Howitzers and Tank Destroyers. Anyway, they will just use a single path.

电脑其实不太有策划,你只须用很多Bradley即可,但如果你不要用,可以混合使用防卫,Black Widow,Howitzer和Tank Destroyer。无论如何,电脑每次都使用同样的路线攻击。

+Quote Post
Shock
post 21 Aug 2010, 11:19
Post #15

Forum Green
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 17

QUOTE (JJ @ 21 Aug 2010, 8:32) *
Doesn't matter, the only one that is good enough to be worth investing a lot in is the Stealth Comanche anyway.
电脑其实不太有策划,你只须用很多Bradley即可,但如果你不要用,可以混合使用防卫,Black Widow,Howitzer和Tank Destroyer。无论如何,电脑每次都使用同样的路线攻击。

Ehm, if you can't spam a certain unit doesn't mean it is not worth investing in. duh_worm.gif

All attack choppers are useful because they offer their own tactical option. No matter that the for example Tiger isn't very strong, if your opponent doesn't expect it they will be.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JJ
post 21 Aug 2010, 11:44
Post #16

Group Icon

QUOTE (Shock @ 21 Aug 2010, 15:19) *
Ehm, if you can't spam a certain unit doesn't mean it is not worth investing in. duh_worm.gif

All attack choppers are useful because they offer their own tactical option. No matter that the for example Tiger isn't very strong, if your opponent doesn't expect it they will be.

Still, him lacking helicopters does nothing to make him weaker as a general, which was the point of that change in the first place.

+Quote Post
GuardianTempest
post 21 Aug 2010, 11:55
Post #17

Adorably Awkward Android
Group Icon

Member No.: 1015
Back after mysteriously disappearing in 2015

A USA Version of Kwai?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 21 Aug 2010, 19:08
Post #18

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

The armor general is the most god dam powerful general to exist in shockwave right now , he has no weakness an absoulute and direct counter for every dam thing you can think off , it just depends how your using him , if armor general truely seems weak to you your doing it wrong.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 21 Aug 2010, 19:57
Post #19

I fits I sits
Group Icon

The armor general is the most god dam powerful general to exist in shockwave right now , he has no weakness an absoulute and direct counter for every dam thing you can think off , it just depends how your using him , if armor general truely seems weak to you your doing it wrong.

TBH while i haven't played Shockwave for a while now last time i played i felt the gladiator while mediocre against infantry (understandbly balanced that way) i feel like it is too weak against jet aircraft.

Though your'e right about how your using him while he seems very powerfull and fits the "Brute force" factor alot he requires a lot of micromanaging as some screwups can destroy a force that is attacking say an enemy base.

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 21 Aug 2010, 20:03
Post #20

League is Life
Group Icon

No it doesn't , the dude is pretty powerful were are you getting your facts from , if anything vUSA / Laser / SWG require a shitton of micro. Armor is almost a replica of china you don't need to micro manage at all.

Infact i have a replay if you wanna watch of a online game vs another powerful general TANK

http://forums.swr-productions.com/index.ph...ost&p=26474

This post has been edited by Aaron: 21 Aug 2010, 20:16

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 21 Aug 2010, 20:23
Post #21

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

Member No.: 19
In birro veritas.

QUOTE (Aaron @ 21 Aug 2010, 17:08) *
Exactly my point. Except from exploits, it's not really possible to actually lose as Ironside unless you really screw up.

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 21 Aug 2010, 23:54
Post #22

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Ok then i will watch it now i need to find a progam to open the file to watch it.

EDIT: Bugger i accidentaly set the opening program for windows media center and i can't seem to change it.

EDIT 2: Can change it but i can't seem to view it even with VLC media player...

This post has been edited by dangerman1337: 22 Aug 2010, 0:32

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 22 Aug 2010, 2:30
Post #23

League is Life
Group Icon

You use Zero hour replay viewer to watch it.... But you have to run shockwave 95.1 and No start units for it to work

+Quote Post
9ibest
post 22 Aug 2010, 6:40
Post #24

Group Icon

QUOTE (Aaron @ 21 Aug 2010, 17:08) *

他每个单位的进攻是可以,但是在前几次敌人进攻时他却没有很好的单位去防守!还没等到你进攻的时间,已被敌人攻破了。。。

比如:中国步兵将军,在直升机里面装进导弹兵,能很机动的防守。美国装甲将军就没有这样的机动单位去防守。同样的敌人,装甲将军防守很难!
He can attack each unit, but the first few times he did not attack the enemy units to good defense! Not wait until the time you attack, the enemy has been defeated the. . .

For example: The Chinese infantry general, packed inside the helicopter missile troops, can be very mobile defense. General American armored mobile units would not like to defend. The same enemy, armored generals defend hard!

+Quote Post
JJ
post 22 Aug 2010, 6:47
Post #25

Group Icon

QUOTE (9ibest @ 22 Aug 2010, 10:40) *
他每个单位的进攻是可以,但是在前几次敌人进攻时他却没有很好的单位去防守!还没等到你进攻的时间,已被敌人攻破了。。。

比如:中国步兵将军,在直升机里面装进导弹兵,能很机动的防守。美国装甲将军就没有这样的机动单位去防守。同样的敌人,装甲将军防守很难!
He can attack each unit, but the first few times he did not attack the enemy units to good defense! Not wait until the time you attack, the enemy has been defeated the. . .

For example: The Chinese infantry general, packed inside the helicopter missile troops, can be very mobile defense. General American armored mobile units would not like to defend. The same enemy, armored generals defend hard!

用Bradley啊,再加上TOW,就已经很强了(其实根本是太强了,须修改)。还有,不要忘记Javelin,他有很大的射程啊。

Use Bradley with TOW, or the long-ranged Javelin.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 10:22