Pro tip : How to counter RockVees
SqUak
post 31 Mar 2015, 20:05
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10930

Greetings Generals
From my experience by watching replays or playing with shockwave players i have found most of them even those who are considered the best like bruce suffer vs rockvees
One thing you should know, rockvees is not an OP unit like some might think. in zero hour you see USA player only build rockvees. thats not because rockvees are OP, no its because everything else sucks.
And here i will show you how to play vs Rockvees in Shockwave and not like zero hour. in shockwave you have even more ways to counter but i will just tell you the basics and most effective way to destroy them
Some basics you should learn about playing vs usa
1. Usa is very week at start your best chance yo win vs usa is at early game
2. humvee criticals mass. if your opponent has more than 5 rockvees and if he keeps his production even if you are holding mid there is a big chance for you to lose
3. CHINOOKS YOU MUST KILL CHINOOKS
4. search and destroy ... if he has search and destroy and you don't have ecms, migs or buggies its over for you

As GLAv, Demo
1. You must play very aggressive, gla can't defend Humvees when vees reach a critical mass
2. Technicals is they keyword. you need a lot of technicals and rpgs. humvees are very vulnerable to rpg troops. load rpgs you ger from spamming tunnels and go to his base though you Must have a very very good micro with technicals and you need that vit 1 GP
3. Don't make a mistake and go for a second arms dealer, or a third supply, you need to tech fast and get your buggies. buggies is death to Humvees and if your opponent is good with vees you know like he unloads his rpgs just before the humvee get destroyed you need your jarmen. otherwise you don't need him
4. Don't do much quads. quads would die to humvees instantly even if your opponents vee micro isn't very good
As gla stealth
bikes own humvees so no need to even try hard with gla stealth vs usa
As toxin
toxin technicals sucks so you need to tech fast and get your buggies and spam a lot of agressive tunnels meanwhile
As salvage
Most people say salvage is OP. yes it is but not vs USA's, it sucks balls. if your opponent is good with vees you are dead.

As Chinav
1. If you are a noob the best way to start vs usa is double warfactory, but if you are better than your opponent you can go for 1 warfactory and 1 barracks
2. You don't have to be as agressive as gla but you must rush his chinooks with gats and troop crawlers to keep him busy
3. Make a lot of rocker infantry, and you need vit 1 GP for red guards i have never seen anyone makes troop crawlers vs usa in shockwave but damn they are very helpfull, and take a not that vit 1 for red guards also effect rpgs. they will also be built as vit 1
4. Either ecms or migs. and you must get one of those before he gets his search and destroy, also you should be able to get them before he gets his search and destroy if you were harassing his chinooks well and you would be able to camp mid meanwhile and go for extra supplies, lotus, etc...
5. and yea by the way don't go for an early oil cap with bullfrogs, its a suicide vs a good usa
As Nuke
1 Warfactory 1 barracks, tech fast and get devastators or ecms with gats, i would prefer to tech fast and get that nuke overlord gat and ecm compo with lotus for a double oil cap instead of devastators
As Inf
Inf is OP vs all usa, just start with 1 warfactory and 1 barracks from the warfactory spam outposts and from the barracks spam tank hunters and mini gunners to put them in the outpost. GG the game is over in less than 10 mins
As special weapons
1 warfactory and 1 airfield. i have seen it in one of uber micro's videos what i noticed later is that special weapons migs start with black napalm upgrade so yea it makes sense to start with that build order but still i think 1 warfactory and 1 barracks are better because i think special weapons rpgs are stronger but i am not sure
As tank
double warfactory and spam gats. rush his chinooks and go for extra supplies in mid meanwhile and don't ever try to make migs

these are what i think the best thing to do vs rockvees. though your win percentage depends on your opponents humvee micro after all
and always remember humvees suck if you know how to counter them
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 4:44