Reply to this topicStart new topic
How about new.raptor for grifon has a multiple target system
Tzeve
post 8 Oct 2017, 22:49
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15960

I know that Usa air force is oriented to be high micro oriented type of general but I find it disturbing that since the whole overall usa faction lacks aoe dmg even by artillery I hope if the new f22 could engage with its missile a different target so u can use them with numbers and not try to micro all the aircrafts separately.I have a really good apm and my micromanagement is really good I was playing wc3 and dota a lot of time.So when the russian faction gla and eca can manage their main force of attack and try to exploit my weaknes with little micro effort I find it disturbing to micro every plane to each target and manage my ground force.and also the limitation of the micro group keys (ctrl1_9) limits the number of aircrafts I can use.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 9 Oct 2017, 0:02
Post #2

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

Hello there. smile.gif
Well, first of all, one of the main rules of this forum is - no suggestions. Believe me, we've all been there, including myself. The point about the Raptor is that it will be more capable than the generic one which got replaced by the Widowmaker. AFAIK, Griffon's Raptor will be akin to the King Raptor. I might be wrong about it, but hey, my guess is as good as anyone's.

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
M.P
post 9 Oct 2017, 0:21
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10559

QUOTE (3rdShockArmy @ 9 Oct 2017, 2:32) *
Well, first of all, one of the main rules of this forum is - no suggestions.

Which is flat out non sense TBH. Banning people or closing threads because some people had ideas isn't a cool thing. Let people express their opinions and just state that non of em will be considered in the game. Some people can use these ideas and turn em into addons.

As for our new fella: Multi targetting isn't possible to begin with. It's somehow possible with some tricks but it aint perfect.

This post has been edited by M.P: 9 Oct 2017, 0:22

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 9 Oct 2017, 0:58
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

welcome new person, but yeah no suggestions thats mainly cos everything 2.0 has already been planned and well repeated suggestions over and over gets quite tiresome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zion
post 9 Oct 2017, 16:34
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 10992

QUOTE (Tzeve @ 8 Oct 2017, 17:49) *
I know that Usa air force is oriented to be high micro oriented type of general but I find it disturbing that since the whole overall usa faction lacks aoe dmg even by artillery I hope if the new f22 could engage with its missile a different target so u can use them with numbers and not try to micro all the aircrafts separately.I have a really good apm and my micromanagement is really good I was playing wc3 and dota a lot of time.So when the russian faction gla and eca can manage their main force of attack and try to exploit my weaknes with little micro effort I find it disturbing to micro every plane to each target and manage my ground force.and also the limitation of the micro group keys (ctrl1_9) limits the number of aircrafts I can use.

First off I have no issues with the raptors... they are super planes, especially when ranked.
Second, its confusing what you mean by "engage with its missile a different target"
Are you talking about having raptors have automatic decision making and attacking what it sees best? not gana happen... or are you selecting all the planes and they all attack one target ?

You need to hotkey all your planes to be effective, and you can't expect to set all your raptors to guard one spot and have them to attack different targets, they fire at the closest target, and thats just how gaurd mode works... can't be changed, problem is they fire so fast, so they all shoot at one target
and you are saying 9 numbered groups is not enough? who are you playing against? cuz I never need more than 9 numbers in a high level game, cuz you are too occupied with other stuff...if you are building more than 2 airfields vs a player, then u need to find yourself players more towards your skill level.
and when you have 2 airfields, its most likely late game... where you should be hot-keying 2 planes together to do damage to buildings and tier 2 units anyways... so thats 4 hotkeys for 8 planes... you dont need 8 hotkeys for each
now if you are talking about using one plane to take out 2 targets.... split fire
If u say ur micro is good, then you shouldn't have an issue split firing your raptors.. one raptor can kill for example 2 light armor units, some need vet

This post has been edited by Zion: 9 Oct 2017, 16:35

+Quote Post
Cokuno1993
post 9 Oct 2017, 17:47
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 12666

QUOTE (Tzeve @ 9 Oct 2017, 4:49) *

Funny because i also got the same idea 2 years ago, but i'm affraid to speak my mind because i know the rules. I don't know how you thought about yours but everytime i play and got the Laser warhead missiles, i immediately think why not have a multiple targets system for an upgrade Raptor (since most of the times they can be overkill), then the Raptor can hit more targets but less damage focus

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 9 Oct 2017, 18:57
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10884

Because that is impossible to code?

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Tzeve
post 9 Oct 2017, 20:21
Post #8

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 15960

I am playing for atleast 1 year this mode with my friend.I think u all aplay small maps where there are limited supplies and u play with little amount of money so thats why u are playing with top 2 airfields.we play at an 8 map slots with 10000 so at 20 min I have about 20 airfields imagine the amount of micro management I need to use all planes separatly.but I get ur point I ve seen a lot of replays of good players and I am pretty sure that thats the issue

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 9 Oct 2017, 20:42
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

1. doesnt matter what u asked isnt possible not without it messing up badly.

2. the reason for ".I think u all aplay small maps where there are limited supplies and u play with little amount of money"
is simple the mod itself is balanced around 1v1's and players haveign a 10k start

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zion
post 9 Oct 2017, 23:28
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 10992

QUOTE (Tzeve @ 9 Oct 2017, 15:21) *
I am playing for atleast 1 year this mode with my friend.I think u all aplay small maps where there are limited supplies and u play with little amount of money so thats why u are playing with top 2 airfields.we play at an 8 map slots with 10000 so at 20 min I have about 20 airfields imagine the amount of micro management I need to use all planes separatly.but I get ur point I ve seen a lot of replays of good players and I am pretty sure that thats the issue

Its an old game, not optimized like some others like sc2, thats why most players don't play huge maps simply because it lags, and macromanagement is no fun in generals..
I did play your style before, and to be honest the only thing that works, (and works pretty well) is just remaking your hotkeys constantly, so grab first 2 airfields hotkey all your planes in doubles, and attack, while those planes are attacking you hotkey others, and keep changing them... its kindof a mess keeping track of 20 full airfields anyways, so i just key them constantly, plus it gives you visibility through the fog of war, when your first planes are flying over, so now u can lock on to the next targets with your next set of hotkeys

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 17:54