Reply to this topicStart new topic
Winter invasion
Svea Rike
post 21 Jan 2015, 16:19
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9540

Purely hypothetical, but if the ECA were to invade Russia would they be able to avoid the dreaded winter thanks to their Solaris satellites?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Evan
post 21 Jan 2015, 16:48
Post #2

Mapper Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 8893

Using the secondary function, surely.

Or you know...just fucking burn the russians to death?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 21 Jan 2015, 19:33
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

I'd rather be wary of being nuked to death, than being frozen.

Though, at current stage, the lore is already going outside of "possible" in terms of logistics of war, so everything flies.

But it was stated numerous times, in public (and when it comes down to RotR lore and future developments testers have as much info as the public, not a single bit more) that RotR won't follow the traditional "Faction X rolls a parade in Faction Y capital" ending. Or something like that, might be mistaken.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 21 Jan 2015, 19:34

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 22 Jan 2015, 6:00
Post #4

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Well, CNC logic based forces build bases everywhere so the "Slow death due to winter" is less likely.

Even less so given that the main reason the germans were so screwed by the Winter was because Nazi top brass are idiots.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 22 Jan 2015, 8:01
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 21 Jan 2015, 16:19) *
Purely hypothetical, but if the ECA were to invade Russia would they be able to avoid the dreaded winter thanks to their Solaris satellites?

The ECA isn't going to consider that because they themselves are not interested in conquering Russia whilst Suvorov himself is no longer interested in continuing the war. The only thing that stands in their way, which compels both sides to keep fighting, is Aleksandr.

+Quote Post
Lizvne
post 24 Jan 2015, 11:05
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 10749

Russian winter is overrated, current logistics will allow to overcome this issue.

Faction X rolls a parade in Faction Y capital" ending. Or something like that,
Well, I'm surprised. I expected classic (and boring) Conquer the Moscow @ Commies are defeated
The ECA isn't going to consider that because they themselves are not interested in conquering Russia whilst Suvorov himself is no longer interested in continuing the war. The only thing that stands in their way, which compels both sides to keep fighting, is Aleksandr.
Ah, we actually have one cliché villain who is The Reason Behind War.

This post has been edited by Lizvne: 24 Jan 2015, 11:06

+Quote Post
MARS
post 24 Jan 2015, 12:30
Post #7

Group Icon

Aleksandr isn't -the- reason behind the war, he is the primary force that keeps the war from being stopped at this given time because the president who enabled him has lost control of the catastrophe that he unleashed upon the world out of desperation and injured pride because he could not bear facing the nation that revered him and telling its people that he failed them. Also, nobody ever claimed that the story wasn't filled with cliches, so you don't need to be all snarky while pointing it out. This is a mod for a 10 year old Command & Conquer game, nothing more, nothing less.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 24 Jan 2015, 12:36
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

No: Rise of the Reds is love. Rise of the Reds is life.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kommandant Karis...
post 24 Jan 2015, 18:19
Post #9

Platoon 7, Gallian militia
Group Icon

Member No.: 10697
never go full tumblr

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 24 Jan 2015, 6:36) *
No: Rise of the Reds is love. Rise of the Reds is life.
I second this.

And I personally don't mind a designated "cliché" villain, but then again I never got into the whole "gray morality/no real hero" idea.

Sorry if I'm getting off-topic. ><;

--------------------

Props to HoneyBee for the awesome sig!
My YouTube page

+Quote Post
Omnius64
post 24 Jan 2015, 18:42
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 10479

QUOTE (MARS @ 24 Jan 2015, 12:30) *
Aleksandr isn't -the- reason behind the war, he is the primary force that keeps the war from being stopped at this given time because the president who enabled him has lost control of the catastrophe that he unleashed upon the world out of desperation and injured pride because he could not bear facing the nation that revered him and telling its people that he failed them. Also, nobody ever claimed that the story wasn't filled with cliches, so you don't need to be all snarky while pointing it out. This is a mod for a 10 year old Command & Conquer game, nothing more, nothing less.

Then why Sukorov havent made any call for peace or ceasefire negotiations.
Of course aleksander & its troops would obey him, but the rest of Russia armed forces would make a ceasefire, if Sukorov wanted to stop the war; And still there would be still some ECA-Russian combat (Aleksander).

Why didnt Sukorov called for a ceasefire before?

+Quote Post
MARS
post 24 Jan 2015, 22:21
Post #11

Group Icon

Perhaps he is waiting for the opportunity to do exactly that, offer a ceasefire and negotiations depending on the outcome of the 'ongoing' battle of Berlin? It has been stated that Aleks wants to make it the mother of all battles to halt the momentum of the ECA once again with massive casualties expected on both sides. At the same time, there is a major rift between the Shock Divisions and the Russian military already, so he can also bank on the chance that Aleksandr's followers would bleed themselves utterly dry over every city block. If Aleksandr himself comes under fire or is outright killed by the ECA, Suvorov would be rid of the one man who knows that the casus belli of the war was rigged whilst the Shock Divisions, which are basically loose cannons at this point, would be decapitated without their leader. With them out of the way, Suvorov would be able to concede the rest of Germany back to the ECA and enter negotiations with the remains of occupied eastern Europe as bargaining chips whilst the regular army would withdraw to Poland to reorganise under the command of a more sane person.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 19:24