Reply to this topicStart new topic
v1.201 issues, Just a few bugs I've noticed ingame
Yamuzwaran
post 14 Apr 2016, 12:57
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: New Members
Member No.: 12774

Hi, I recently got the latest version of Shockwave (1.201) and while it's pretty much an amazing experience so far, I've noticed some a few issues in-game.

Firstly, there seems to be a model glitch with the death animation of typical GLA rebels. The 3D model seems to warp out of proportion as they die, and I can provide a screenshot if needed.

Secondly, some General's promotion powers can't be used from the shortcut sidebar buttons. For instance, playing as a Chinese general when I click on the carpet bombing or artillery strike icon on the right of the screen, it does not let me choose a strike point, instead a no action cursor shows up. However, selecting them from the command center seems to allow me to use them normally. After using them through the command center shortcut, the sidebar buttons do not display the cooldown timer. Weirdly enough, the nuclear superweapon and EMP bomb powers are not affected in my experience.

Those are the major ones I've noticed. There are a few smaller, less noticeable ones:
- For some reason certain units will not attack the USA Stryker unit when ordered to. This occurred when using the GLA Salvage General Krait tank. When ordered to attack it only fires one shot at the Stryker but then proceeds to attack other units and leaves it alone.
- I don't know if it is intentional but heroic Colonel Burton has a delay before he regenerates his health compared to, for example a heroic Jarmen Kell.
- The GLA Scarab tank ignores attack ground commands after it receives salvaged upgrades.
- Sometimes, hackers in the Chinese Hack Van do not generate money even when left stationary. Ordering the hackers to exit and reenter the van occasionally fixes this.
- Compared to the vanilla Generals, I've noticed that tanks/vehicles barely fire on the move at enemies within range, if at all. When they do, they usually only fire at enemies directly in front of them, and the animation becomes a little awkward so they fire much slower than normal.

I truly enjoy this mod, and I hope that posting these issues here would be helpful and of use to you guys. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Yamuzwaran: 14 Apr 2016, 13:02
Attached File(s)
Attached File  GLA_Rebel_glitch.jpg ( 861.3K ) Number of downloads: 17
Attached File  Generals_powers_bug.jpg ( 901.67K ) Number of downloads: 14

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 14 Apr 2016, 14:16
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to post theese bugs.

Now the first one will be noted down, but the second one is an unfixable bug thats caused by you having the command center with the same slots for other general points/The same power.
Example: capturing a US command center after owning an internet center with satalite upgrade will cause this problem.Due to sage however its unfixable.

The issue with stryker isnt an issue, somethings are just Immune to toxins entirely.Ambulances or its varriants (Such as the stryker) and all drones are immuen to toxins.
For this reason for example toxin tunnels cannot engage them.Its really a troll move if you can sneak in a toxin tractor to a supply center guarded by toxin tunnels
They can do NOTHING to stop it happy.gif

All units have a delay before healing when they arent reciving damage, this is the same across the board.This is just what you feel....

"- The GLA Scarab tank ignores attack ground commands after it receives salvaged upgrades. "
I'll test this myself and note it if its true...

"- Sometimes, hackers in the Chinese Hack Van do not generate money even when left stationary. Ordering the hackers to exit and reenter the van occasionally fixes this."
This is generally because you pressed S or stop, It happens and it isnt really fixable but your solution works.

As for the generals turret stuff, Its got to do with checkrates and I doubt shockwave alterd thoose in any way.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 17:33