Plans after ROTR?
Neo3602
post 31 Oct 2013, 16:22
Post #1

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9992

I was wondering if there are any plans for SWR after ROTR is finished?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MARS
post 31 Oct 2013, 17:02
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

There are ideas. Too early to call them plans yet, but we have already thought about that yet undefined point in time after ROTR.

+Quote Post
Shatterfury
post 31 Oct 2013, 17:17
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 8857

I have inside information, they are going to make a 'tacticool' FPS that will make COD look like a bad joke. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 31 Oct 2013, 17:31
Post #4

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (Shatterfury @ 31 Oct 2013, 11:17) *
I have inside information, they are going to make a 'tacticool' FPS that will make COD look like a bad joke. smile.gif

Get Out.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
Shatterfury
post 31 Oct 2013, 17:46
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 8857

QUOTE (Comr4de @ 31 Oct 2013, 18:31) *
Get Out.

But, but .... COD games are released so often that new features are few.That is if they have new features.Let`s not even talk about sp. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 31 Oct 2013, 18:36
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Well I am not a biggest fan of any fps that came out after 2005,but imagine indy FPS
which puts you in boots of Russian soldier under Orlov's command during his deployment in South Sudan,
or ECAs officer under Charles during time and in place of "There'll always be an England" and "The Crucible" updates,
calling artillery and air support,Harriers and Goshawks tearing shit up.I would be ready to donate some serious money for that kind of game.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 31 Oct 2013, 18:56
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

^And is there any originality in that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Neo3602
post 31 Oct 2013, 19:09
Post #8

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

Well maybe it could have two different modes that you can switch between, one where you build and command units like RTS and another where you can directly control one of the units under your command from a third/ first person perspective, depending on the unit

OR the combat could be on a massive scale involving hundreds of people think planetside except set in the ROTR universe.

This post has been edited by Neo3602: 31 Oct 2013, 19:17

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 31 Oct 2013, 19:29
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 31 Oct 2013, 18:56) *
^And is there any originality in that?

OK Mister takeeverythingforgranted-97 tell us why is really bad to have one more Renegade like game,
sure Renegade was not great game,but it was dct for people that wished to be actual commando from C&C games.
Originality,well there is none,but surely I am not only one that was wishing to be able to play as a foot soldier or a
part of vehicle crew from those updates mentioned above since I really enjoyed reading them.
And yeah,that implying how you are expecting only and just only originality from SWR is getting old,same as all that
asslicking about their uniqueness and all other genuine crap.No offense to SWR,I just hate when someone tries to
represent something I said as a shallow piece of crap through his/her toady statement.

QUOTE (Neo3602 @ 31 Oct 2013, 19:09) *
Well maybe it could have two different modes that you can switch between, one where you build and command units like RTS and another where you can directly control one of the units under your command from a third/ first person perspective, depending on the unit

OR the combat could be on a massive scale involving hundreds of people think planetside except set in the ROTR universe.

Or you are officer (squad leader) that takes direct orders from Orlov,Charles,Thorn etc.

This post has been edited by Re_Simeone: 31 Oct 2013, 19:30

+Quote Post
Neo3602
post 31 Oct 2013, 19:34
Post #10

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 31 Oct 2013, 12:29) *
Or you are officer (squad leader) that takes direct orders from Orlov,Charles,Thorn etc.

I think that being a squad leader would be interesting especially if you could choose the composition of your squad

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 31 Oct 2013, 19:40
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Neo3602 @ 31 Oct 2013, 19:34) *
I think that being a squad leader would be interesting especially if you could choose the composition of your squad

Imagine squad consisted of Orlov's Spetsnaz,or Alexander's Shook Trooper Squad,Hunchbacks bring you reinforcements...
Sounds pretty tempting to me.

+Quote Post
SGM. Jazzie Spur...
post 31 Oct 2013, 19:44
Post #12

I like turtles.
Group Icon

Member No.: 33
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room! ▀▀▀█ ▀▀▀█

Go Kickstarter and fund a real SWR Production Studios. :v

--------------------

Propiety of the Europe Continental Army. Do not capture, interrogate or torture.

+Quote Post
Neo3602
post 31 Oct 2013, 19:52
Post #13

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

If SWR did do a Kickstarter I would probably support it with some money

This post has been edited by Neo3602: 31 Oct 2013, 19:52

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 31 Oct 2013, 20:14
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

QUOTE (Re_Simeone @ 31 Oct 2013, 19:29) *
OK Mister takeeverythingforgranted-97 tell us why is really bad to have one more Renegade like game,
sure Renegade was not great game,but it was dct for people that wished to be actual commando from C&C games.
Originality,well there is none,but surely I am not only one that was wishing to be able to play as a foot soldier or a
part of vehicle crew from those updates mentioned above since I really enjoyed reading them.
And yeah,that implying how you are expecting only and just only originality from SWR is getting old,same as all that
asslicking about their uniqueness and all other genuine crap.No offense to SWR,I just hate when someone tries to
represent something I said as a shallow piece of crap through his/her toady statement.

I was not trying to denounce your idea, but as far as the indie market goes, originality is what sells. A 3D FPS game where you are a foot soldier with a full blown campaign and character development would be better suited for triple-A developers.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 31 Oct 2013, 20:37
Post #15

Group Icon

QUOTE (swedishplayer-97 @ 31 Oct 2013, 20:14) *
I was not trying to denounce your idea, but as far as the indie market goes, originality is what sells. A 3D FPS game where you are a foot soldier with a full blown campaign and character development would be better suited for triple-A developers.

Those who know how to do it they can put a lot originality even in a low budget FPS,but that was just idea I got few minutes before I've posted it,
so you took it too much for granted.
Anyway,no matter which genre,if I'd like it I would surely donate.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 31 Oct 2013, 21:33
Post #16

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

The very idea of a ROTR FPS sounds quite nice....Would I want it? YES I DO.What sounds better is a franchise to do with ROTR

Would the SWR team be up to the task for creating a full brunt product requiring thier full time rather then thier hobby time?Presuming we have kickstarter money to make something nice etc... I mean people have thier real life jobs and developing such a glorious project is a hobby they do on thier free time.

We've yet to come to that crossroad
Plus theres the whole area of the SWR team being unexperianced in making a FPS.(If memory serves me right a dev or two started from quake and other fps game moding )
Making and moding are simmular but not the same
Sadly the whole lore and mainframe for the game belongs to EA and they would gladly sue the hell out of SWR just to drag the medias/Game reviewers attention from thier bad marketing stratagies.

But I can imagine the whoel FPS experince;

USA missions tactical gameplay with flash and clear or breach and clear urban combat etc like swat 4/Rainbow six
Gla missions having stealth missions to ambush convoys and snipe aircraft....Putting booby traps like that on american rangers combat droping WW2 Sniper game Sniper elite If IRRC?
Chineese and russian missions being somewhat the same charing the enemey lines, chineese using flame weapons as well perhaps like COD WAW maybe?(I cant think of anything)
ECA having defence mission to hold the line agaisnt untold number of foes....Fighting from trench to trench that has fortifications,Using deployable heavy weapons...calling in artilary to stop the beseiging of a city Like the ones from COD2 or something...

^Thoose are just examples...Im pretty sure if Mars was onboard he could have a plot that give Mr.Kojima a run for his money

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 31 Oct 2013, 21:35

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 31 Oct 2013, 21:43
Post #17

Group Icon

Well I don't think that SWR would have problems if they would change names of GLA and couple of units,
other than that all of lore is made up by SWR,even lore about vanilla ZH that is connected to ROTR is much enriched with details.
I am not sure how they could really sue them and if they would really care even if they would use even real unit and GLA names.

+Quote Post
Dangerman
post 31 Oct 2013, 21:53
Post #18

I fits I sits
Group Icon

Member No.: 1107

QUOTE (SGM. Jazzie Spurs @ 31 Oct 2013, 19:44) *
Go Kickstarter and fund a real SWR Production Studios. :v

I'd actually fund it.

+Quote Post
Evan
post 31 Oct 2013, 22:06
Post #19

Mapper Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 8893

I'm going to Disney Land.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Commander-GDI
post 1 Nov 2013, 1:50
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 9007

They will make Generals 2 ( a much better one as the one just got burried tongue.gif )

+Quote Post
Neo3602
post 1 Nov 2013, 2:19
Post #21

Secure, Contain, Protect
Group Icon

QUOTE (Commander-GDI @ 31 Oct 2013, 18:50) *
They will make Generals 2 ( a much better one as the one just got burried tongue.gif )

I hope you are right

--------------------

+Quote Post
scorpio
post 1 Nov 2013, 7:43
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 9151

In a way it will be kina sad when the full and final version of RoTR finally comes out in the end. a part of the RoTR experience had been following the progress of its development, waiting for updates, the anticipation of the next patch and download. its been about about the journey as much as the destination neh? happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 1 Nov 2013, 8:24
Post #23

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

QUOTE (scorpio @ 1 Nov 2013, 1:43) *
In a way it will be kina sad when the full and final version of RoTR finally comes out in the end. a part of the RoTR experience had been following the progress of its development, waiting for updates, the anticipation of the next patch and download. its been about about the journey as much as the destination neh? happy.gif

"The most important thing in life isn't the goal or the target, it's the way"

Chinese proverb, haven't been able to find where it came from.

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
TheSneakyGLA
post 3 Nov 2013, 15:58
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10059
Projects: ROTR Tester

Go standalone with RotR with their own engine. aw.gif

--------------------
Printing Quadcannons.

+Quote Post
scorpio
post 5 Nov 2013, 16:55
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 9151

QUOTE (TheSneakyGLA @ 3 Nov 2013, 20:58) *
Go standalone with RotR with their own engine. aw.gif

creating an engine from the ground up and building a game on top of it is a huge pain that gobbles up tons of time and resources, in comparison to the enjoyment and satisfaction you get out with dedicated modding of an existing game that's tried tested and and your already in love with.

but if our boys continue to stay in the modding business after RoTR 2.0, its likely they'll start a new mod for zero hour with a new universe and a new story. or its more likely that they will move on to a different game to mod and perhaps port the rich and lush RoTR universe there. I mean something like Supreme Commander modded into RoTR would be amazing cool.gif .

of course its all just random speculation happy.gif , just have to wait and see what will actually happen.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8 June 2024 - 23:32