IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Closed TopicStart new topic
[Rise of the Reds Suggestion] Singaporean and Filipino Factions and Generals, What if Singapore and The Philippines assisted USA, China and ECA?
Shalom
post 27 Dec 2016, 18:11
Post #51

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10034

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 27 Dec 2016, 18:43) *
The fact that you appear to think the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (a misnomer if there ever was one) is the last bastion of justice and light certainly doesn't help your case, either.

Now stop discussing RL politics, all of you. It's banned for a reason and said reason is slowly approaching.

"A misnomer if there ever was one" is a very sharp real life political comment. I believe that the comment is true, Soraz, I'm not taking anyone's side, but you are a moderator - don't you think you of all people on this forum should refrain from making this type of real-life political comment (especially when you are trying to enforce the rule against political comments?) Also calling someone mentally inadequate on a forum seems very personal, regardless of any reasons - you should be above this. Moderators are human and all, but it would be more effective to lead by example and not make political and personal statements when those are against the rules if one wants to enforce said rules.

This post has been edited by Shalom: 27 Dec 2016, 18:12
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 27 Dec 2016, 19:22
Post #52

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

Member No.: 10454
"We have watched, we have waited, now... we act!"

QUOTE (Purple @ 27 Dec 2016, 19:34) *
Either way the last bastion of justice and light in the world has been snuffed out. Your world makes 40K look as happy as the Teletubbies.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 27 Dec 2016, 20:27
Post #53

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

You're right, that was hypocritical.

+Quote Post
Shalom
post 28 Dec 2016, 0:03
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 10034

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 27 Dec 2016, 21:27) *
You're right, that was hypocritical.

I can certainly see where you are coming from with the anger.

Back on topic now for my two cents on it: how about someone points people who make these kind of suggestions to some simple modelling (I assume 3DMax) tutorials and .BIG file editing tips and propose that they create these factions by themselves as sub-mods if they want new content? Way I see it, whether a nation/state is strong enough on the world map seems irrelevant compared to the argument of the tremendous effort from the dev. team that introducing a new faction would take, even if said faction controls half the world.

Hell, even 60$ games like the early Total Wars (where most factions have just a couple of different units between them - most of the unit pool is shared) don't include all of the states/powers of that period - not because their not interesting, but because it would take so much time that the game would never be released. Some factions is better than none.

+Quote Post
Talonek
post 28 Dec 2016, 4:54
Post #55

We complain because we care!
Group Icon

Member No.: 9248

QUOTE (Shalom @ 27 Dec 2016, 17:03) *
someone points people who make these kind of suggestions to some simple modelling (I assume 3DMax) tutorials and .BIG file editing tips and propose that they create these factions by themselves as sub-mods if they want new content?

There was that old derelict studios guide that I used to use but it's horribly outdated and I can never find it. The entire site is kind of a derelict these days.

Wasn't there like some old forums from '04 that hunter and others used to be on way back in the day? Probably lots of info to mine there if the devs are too busy to create a guide (which I'm 99% sure they are).

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 28 Dec 2016, 23:45
Post #56

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Talonek @ 28 Dec 2016, 4:54) *
There was that old derelict studios guide that I used to use but it's horribly outdated and I can never find it. The entire site is kind of a derelict these days.

Wasn't there like some old forums from '04 that hunter and others used to be on way back in the day? Probably lots of info to mine there if the devs are too busy to create a guide (which I'm 99% sure they are).

Yes, that would be Sleipnirstuff (among others).

+Quote Post
VonnMillard
post 31 Dec 2016, 0:41
Post #57

Group Icon

Member No.: 13900

QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 26 Dec 2016, 0:34) *
Keep in mind that there can be max 12 factions, and all of them are planned:
- ECA
- Russia
- USA
- China
- GLA
- Aliens
- Space Marines
- Demons
- Nazi Zombies
- Dinosaurs
- Chtulhu's legions
- The United Unicorn Union

No more room, sorry

- Aliens
- Space Marines
- Demons
- Nazi Zombies
- Dinosaurs
- Chtulhu's legions
These 7 Factions, I don't think they count...

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 26 Dec 2016, 7:12) *
NO and please close this topic. lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif

Sorry, but, *Nope.avi*https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/b/bd/Engineer_no01.wav?t=20100709022822

QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 25 Dec 2016, 12:42) *
No

But, what about a Rise of the Reds EXPANSION Mod that Includes Singapore and The Philippines?

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 31 Dec 2016, 1:06
Post #58

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Rise of the Reds is a Mod
It will not have an expansion mod
Modding an expansion mod on an expansion pack of Generals, while you can mod your own mods in rise of the reds like the mirage tank would just be confusing.Just as confusing as that last expansion pack was.

Besides thoose countries you mentioned have no real millatary industrial complex, they are not a nuclear power and even if you ignore all that what would they bring that would both be UNIQUE and codeable?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hecthor Doomhamm...
post 31 Dec 2016, 1:25
Post #59

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10281

it surprises me how this topic is still open AND has 3 pages, while in the title it says Suggestion, while suggestions aren't allowed

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 31 Dec 2016, 3:11
Post #60

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif

PLEASE

+Quote Post
VonnMillard
post 31 Dec 2016, 5:16
Post #61

Group Icon

Member No.: 13900

QUOTE (Hecthor Doomhammer @ 31 Dec 2016, 1:25) *
it surprises me how this topic is still open AND has 3 pages, while in the title it says Suggestion, while suggestions aren't allowed

I shoud have known...

QUOTE (ZunZero97 @ 31 Dec 2016, 3:11) *
lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif

PLEASE

No matter how much you force me, my answer will be NOPE

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 31 Dec 2016, 1:06) *
Modding an expansion mod on an expansion pack of Generals, while you can mod your own mods in rise of the reds like the mirage tank would just be confusing.Just as confusing as that last expansion pack was.

Besides thoose countries you mentioned have no real millatary industrial complex, they are not a nuclear power and even if you ignore all that what would they bring that would both be UNIQUE and codeable?

About where you said that Both have no Nuclear Weapons, true, but maybe they have Superweapons that are more Powerful than Nukes

Also, I am from both Countries (Born in The Philippines, Living in Singapore), meaning I am both Singaporean and Filipino, meaning I am Christian (Which you will not care about) and I am a 13-year old boy (Please don't Bully me)

Also, I have seen you in a Video...

QUOTE (Mizo @ 25 Dec 2016, 15:19) *
No because these countries won't even be able to lift a finger against full might of Russian and United States powers, nor can they compare to the might of a large bulk of European countries allied together, nor can they match China.

GLA is the oddball here, its more of an Anarchist/Religioud Fundamentalists group rather than a full blown country.

But, and this is a REALLY BIG BUT, what about Singapore and The Philippines against the GLA?

QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 26 Dec 2016, 0:34) *
Keep in mind that there can be max 12 factions, and all of them are planned:
- ECA
- Russia
- USA
- China
- GLA
- Aliens
- Space Marines
- Demons
- Nazi Zombies
- Dinosaurs
- Chtulhu's legions

No more room, sorry

Honestly, I think there is supposed to be 5 Factions (By Default) and I don't think These 7 Factions below will ever be in the Game since They don't fit with the game even if you really are part of the ROTR Development Team...so, BEAT IT
- Aliens
- Space Marines
- Demons
- Nazi Zombies
- Dinosaurs
- Chtulhu's legions

So, Bruce, what do you think what will Singapore's and The Philippines' Superweapons be and look like?
What will their Buildings, Units, Powers and Heros be and look like if they're in the game?

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 31 Dec 2016, 6:01
Post #62

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Deflecting the question back at me to find a more fertile answer, smart kid real smart.Short answer; I've been busting tears and blood trying to figure out the actually most likely sixth faction the South American Pact for like...A year now? Has it been that long? Its been a few months atleast as I only revealed it awhile back.

But you should get a few things straight;
>How to reply to mulitple things with one post (The quote button there is for that) I hope the moderator(s) will realise its a rookie mistake and not punish you for mulitple spamposts.
>There will be no suggestions allowed what so ever, this mod and its units has been planned from Im guessing back when you were 5 years old? (2008) And even before then it has roots in two seperate mods that combined into ROTR.Theres still traces or atleast the spirit of it till this day.So far the peoples suggestions etc have been to joke around and meme.Also you dont have the right to lock threads regardless, Its an (unnessary) sign to the moderator(s).
>The Nations you Suggested if memmory serves me correct are actually USA/NAU client states and close allies.They provided support during the Second Korean war and some update post about one of the two Mega carriers Spirit of- Something.The Phlipines and Malysia are small and somewhat irrelevant countries by sheer size alone.Even if you were to build skyscrapers everywhere and make up for the land needed to house a great population.In terms of the space and resources for industry they wouldnt be great.

I get that you want to see your countries with the big boys duking it out and being awsome! To see them equal to some of the most terrifying arsenals in the world...Its safe to assume, just like how the european army in zero hour was represented as US forces or using US equipment, you could assume that lesser/export versions of american equipment is being used in the philipines.
But Im not saying there cant be fanmade storys or missions (If you decide to learn about the world builder) about thoose nations and its struggle agaisnt the USA.
You must understand that aside from coming up with unique concepts and designs for units to function in the most unique way possible to other factions counterparts and being fitting with their own factions fitting theme is HARD.Whats harder is to code, model, texture, find the voice actor and then make theese ideas come to life.Zero hour has seen so many mods that just stayed at the concept stage or broke down,Some I even miss till this day. (Colt buddy you probably wont see this but we still want your mod buddy)

Also Im honured you saw me in a video, Its almost eight AM and I havent got a bit of sleep so please make due with my typos eh buddy?
I've also written this long post because you mentioned that you were young and its clear you are new.So this should bring you up to speed in short allright?

Oh also; Singapore is a lovely place and Its a hub for most of the worlds marintime trade and around a quater of asian invesment and trade is made from there.That is clearly ALOT, such riches and economic power is something to drag the attention of the gla.If you'd like I can help you out with a fanfiction after I look over some last details of the allignment of such countries and see what equipment they'd be using.Aside from using american or possibly chineese export equipment thoose superpowers could also lend a hand or be an obstacle in fighting the gla who knows...Singapore wouldnt need superweapons to be a threat to the world, as they have the economy in their hands.Or atleast a noticeable portion of it, In my eyes Malaysia would be the Switzerland/Veince of Asia, often using its coin and politican prowess to keep itself safe secure and in the top.Prefering to side with what ever nation fits its intrests the best and asks for the least.For the Philipines? Thats another story I'd discuss on skype another day.

Allright now Im off to bed, again wellcome to the forums.Your young and perhaps abit naive but that ISNT a bad thing.As long as you comprehend what you did wrong and learn from your mistakes.Ironicly you remind me someone else I knew when he was younger, he knows who he is if hes reading this thread again smile.gif

This post has been edited by (USA)Bruce: 31 Dec 2016, 6:07

--------------------

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 31 Dec 2016, 10:22
Post #63

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

Member No.: 10454
"We have watched, we have waited, now... we act!"

Wtf did I just read?

Also,Spruce,Hi im right here. In my defense,my sarcasm detectors were working back then.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 31 Dec 2016, 15:52
Post #64

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

Alright, enough amusement has been had with this.

The answer is still no, end of story.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 10:33