GDIZOCOM
post 25 Feb 2010, 13:27
Post #26

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

Some issues there are true,probably they'll fix it.

But suggestions are rejected since they accept any anymore. mellow.gif

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 25 Feb 2010, 14:13
Post #27

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

Member No.: 19
Projects: ShockWave Tester
In birro veritas.

Disregarding some control issues and the fact suggestions are no longer accepted, I can tell offhand that most of the MP suggestions would never have made it in even if suggestions were open. The suggestions do not take into account certain inherent balance and design issues.

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
White Cat
post 25 Feb 2010, 22:52
Post #28

Group Icon

Member No.: 781

First off... I have no problem winning. Suggestions here are to give ai the advantage. Not me.

Meh! Artillery acts a bit dumb. If it's well known I suppose it is kind of redundant to discuss it. I wish I was able to "hold position guard" them. Maybe if we had the option to deploy artillery units? And I do not mean like the nuke cannon more like how you deploy your helicopter artillery in red alert 2. For me I keep a long range unit or two behind my defensive line against those pesky attack buggies or Chinese artillery units. I just dislike it when my artillery decide to try to take on all the enemies on their own and go after chasing them...

CTRL+Attack.

Pathfinders aren't critical.

...don't underestimate Pathfinders.

My defenses when playing as laser general is quite impenetrable (at least by the dumb AI). Taking on the AI with merely two stealth fighters is enough to knock out one of his turrets. It's simply too easy.

You are playing as a GLA faction from all the GC things you are saying.

Oh hmmm... I'll try that. Wouldn't a button for that be a nice addition?

I like pathfinders but they aren't a very serious threat even if you are playing as a GLA faction (yes I know how painful it is for your supply lines to be cut by a pesky sniper). Their price in general points and the rank they appear is the problem.

Umm I really do not play as GLA as of late. I try the new USA Armour General. Winning with GLA is easier as for example if you stealth your buildings AI has a tough time targeting them...

+Quote Post
IonCharge
post 25 Feb 2010, 23:22
Post #29

Group Icon

Member No.: 340
Once you see the blue light you are already dead

AI is dumb. Simple as. If your fed up of AI being easy play some multiplayer

Demo gen's GC map tbh is the only one that is a challenge. Just try different strategies. Haven't Done GC for a while, but i've defeated Demo as USA... i'll have to replay sometime and see if i can still do it

--------------------

QUOTE (Shock @ 20 Jun 2009 @ 3:40)
You make it sound like SWR's hidden some nude patch in it..

QUOTE (huhnu @ 16 May 2010, 5:06) *
I've reported it.
And have tried 5 more times anyways.
I'm pro-trolling that mod.

Your base has been targeted for demolition

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 26 Feb 2010, 0:33
Post #30

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

QUOTE (IonCharge @ 25 Feb 2010, 20:22) *

AI is dumb. Simple as. If your fed up of AI being easy play some multiplayer

Demo gen's GC map tbh is the only one that is a challenge. Just try different strategies. Haven't Done GC for a while, but i've defeated Demo as USA... i'll have to replay sometime and see if i can still do it

QFT mindfuck.gif

This post has been edited by Zhao: 26 Feb 2010, 0:34

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 26 Feb 2010, 0:52
Post #31

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

IIRC, General challenge will completed change and much better in 0.96. Inculding fix General Juhziz's AI and add new map with General Fai.

Speak Exo suit with Col. Burton, I don't see anything wrong with that.

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
White Cat
post 26 Feb 2010, 5:47
Post #32

Group Icon

QUOTE (MR.Kim @ 25 Feb 2010, 21:52) *
IIRC, General challenge will completed change and much better in 0.96. Inculding fix General Juhziz's AI and add new map with General Fai.

Speak Exo suit with Col. Burton, I don't see anything wrong with that.

US Armor general has a jet called Black Widow which seems to be the nickname of "Northrop YF-23" (experimental plane that lost to the F-22) also there is a F-16XL (experimental plane that lost to the F15). Both of these were experimental planes with only 2 built each... I know there probably was a lot of research but just wanted to point it out just in case.

I am not entirely certain what armor general supposed to specialize in... We already have a tank general so it isn't tanks. More like all armored units which includes tanks... The aircraft don't seem to be overly armored though... Doesn't quite fit the theme... :/

+Quote Post
R3ven
post 26 Feb 2010, 6:26
Post #33

Group Icon

Member No.: 356
l33t

Armor gen is essentially a USA version of the China faction.

Lots of tank, good infantry, pretty nice planes, but no hordes. He also has really good rangers.

+Quote Post
eric_hein
post 26 Feb 2010, 7:54
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 564

The specialty of USA Armor is "a vehicle for every job". Most of his units are very good against one thing. For example, Tank Destroyer = anti-tank, Vulcan Cannon = anti-infantry, Guardian = anti-air, even his rocket infantry are split into anti-tank and anti-air versions. At least, that's what it says on the wiki.

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 26 Feb 2010, 9:05
Post #35

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

ArmorGen is over-specialization. And no, the Mammoth Tank is not supposed to be a Ovvie clone, it's to soak up damage while the not-so-tough units kill the enemy.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 26 Feb 2010, 12:20
Post #36

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (White Cat @ 26 Feb 2010, 2:47) *
US Armor general has a jet called Black Widow which seems to be the nickname of "Northrop YF-23" (experimental plane that lost to the F-22) also there is a F-16XL (experimental plane that lost to the F15). Both of these were experimental planes with only 2 built each... I know there probably was a lot of research but just wanted to point it out just in case.

The point of this? At least half of all units in ShW do not work fully like they do in RL, and some are not even existant (Basilisk for example, never left the drawing board).

QUOTE (White Cat @ 26 Feb 2010, 2:47) *
I am not entirely certain what armor general supposed to specialize in... We already have a tank general so it isn't tanks. More like all armored units which includes tanks... The aircraft don't seem to be overly armored though... Doesn't quite fit the theme... :/

As eric_hein said, a vehicle for every job, with the emphasis on vehicle.

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 26 Feb 2010, 14:35
Post #37

League is Life
Group Icon

YEs the armor gen works exactly like eric hein said , one unit for one job . I find him totally diffrent from tank generals simple spam 1 or 2 units and win. His mammoth acts as a Meatsheild for other units to swoop in for the kill and with the missle pod upgrade and sheild upgrade mammoths actually do stand somewhat of a threat vs the enemy.

So yes as they explained armor gen works like china but specilises all of there units to do basicly one job.

+Quote Post
Erik
post 26 Feb 2010, 15:26
Post #38

Group Icon

Member No.: 26
Projects: ShockWave Tester
Mindfuck of the month: Casimir effect

And the Bradley which does everything in one tongue.gif

--------------------

And you feel a sudden chill
How do you do? My name is Trouble
I'm coming for the kill...
And you know I will

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 26 Feb 2010, 16:06
Post #39

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Erik @ 26 Feb 2010, 12:26) *
And the Bradley which does everything in one tongue.gif

Armed transporter, nothing wrong with that.

+Quote Post
Alias
post 26 Feb 2010, 16:46
Post #40

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Member No.: 46

It's more the fact that the Bradley in its current form is completely and utterly overpowered on every level.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 26 Feb 2010, 18:28
Post #41

League is Life
Group Icon

at bradleys current form it can get owned easily by rocket men visversa

+Quote Post
White Cat
post 26 Feb 2010, 19:59
Post #42

Group Icon

QUOTE (KamuiK @ 26 Feb 2010, 9:20) *
The point of this? At least half of all units in ShW do not work fully like they do in RL, and some are not even existant (Basilisk for example, never left the drawing board).

As eric_hein said, a vehicle for every job, with the emphasis on vehicle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Northrop_YF-23_DFRC.jpg

The point is I just wanted to verify if people realized they were experimental... So... I kind of have an issue with the planes name. According to wikipedia only two Northrop YF-23 was ever built and the official name. Black Widow was the nickname of the black jet. Gray Ghost was the name of the gray jet. In the game Black Widow is given to the gray jet. You could call it an F-23 as YF is for experimental smile.gif

Also how about adding the planes F/YF names to their title? For example its the F16XL for one and would be YF-23 for the other. "F117 Nighthawk" for the stealth fighter and "F22 raptor" for the other US aircraft. Of course Aurora lacks any such identification not really sure if it ever existed beyond a rumor... Strange it is in the game because it is supposed to be a spy plane, not a bomber.

+Quote Post
White Cat
post 26 Feb 2010, 20:09
Post #43

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zhao @ 26 Feb 2010, 15:28) *

The M2/M3 Bradley Fighting Vehicle is something in between a tank and an APC. It has so many variants it could have so many upgrades in the game. For example the "explosive reactive armor" and fireports could be potential upgrades along with "TOW missiles". Stuff like GPS upgrades would increase line of sight. There seems to also be an anti-air variant as well.

I suppose this is a serious change request and would probably be rejected but the Bradley Fighting Vehicle is really a highly customizable one...

This post has been edited by White Cat: 26 Feb 2010, 20:09

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 26 Feb 2010, 22:29
Post #44

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

1. This is a game, realism out of the window, thank you. If there are fighters and bombers armed with NUCLEAR missiles and bombs and giant 4-treaded dual-barreled super-heavy tanks and propaganda that can heal your wounds and increase your firing rate, experimental or names matter not. The F-16XL is because the F-16XL has not been given a 'name'. If it was named 'Bird' I'm sure the in-game tooltip would be 'Bird'.

2. We have limited upgrade slots left.

3. ArmorGen is overspecialization. If Bradleys gained + health and + sight the ordinary humvees should too, shouldn't they? And for those who use rockvees, it'll only serve to propel them further to use it and I'm pretty sure some of the MP players here wouldn't like it.

4. Use the edit button, and the +Quote button.

5. Cut the realism, really.

--------------------

+Quote Post
White Cat
post 26 Feb 2010, 23:24
Post #45

Group Icon

QUOTE (Destiny @ 26 Feb 2010, 19:29) *
1. This is a game, realism out of the window, thank you. If there are fighters and bombers armed with NUCLEAR missiles and bombs and giant 4-treaded dual-barreled super-heavy tanks and propaganda that can heal your wounds and increase your firing rate, experimental or names matter not. The F-16XL is because the F-16XL has not been given a 'name'. If it was named 'Bird' I'm sure the in-game tooltip would be 'Bird'.

2. We have limited upgrade slots left.

3. ArmorGen is overspecialization. If Bradleys gained + health and + sight the ordinary humvees should too, shouldn't they? And for those who use rockvees, it'll only serve to propel them further to use it and I'm pretty sure some of the MP players here wouldn't like it.

4. Use the edit button, and the +Quote button.

5. Cut the realism, really.

1. I wasn't seeking realism at all. 3 or 4 additional letters would at most be a cosmetic change in naming. F-16XL is still the fighting falcon. It's still an F16... http://www.aero-web.org/specs/genedyna/f-16xl-a.htm Instead of calling it the "Fighting Falcon" calling it the "F16XL Fighting Falcon" would be better. And we really do not have to be 100% accurate with the technical details behind the naming as it is a game after all.

2. I was thinking of upgrade like the overlord tank or perhaps the US mech. You have to choose one or the other... Consider a BFV (Bradley Fighting Vehicle) without tow missiles but with extended detection range and stealth detection. Of course you may argue whats the point of that? But when you are facing stealth quads as the US you run into this problem of drones dying too fast particularly in multi-player.

3. See #2

4. I use the quote button but that doesn't work well if the reply is within the quote. Quote of a quote is a blank page.

5. Seriously no one is asking for realism. Merely cosmetic changes here and there at most.

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 27 Feb 2010, 0:43
Post #46

League is Life
Group Icon

Thats annoying to call a raptors its game name , just say raptor not F-2231231231231 etc....

This post has been edited by Zhao: 27 Feb 2010, 0:43

+Quote Post
White Cat
post 27 Feb 2010, 1:28
Post #47

Group Icon

QUOTE (Zhao @ 26 Feb 2010, 21:43) *
Thats annoying to call a raptors its game name , just say raptor not F-2231231231231 etc....

I am not suggesting to call them "F-22" Instead "F-22 Raptor"... I do not see what would be so annoying with that...

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 27 Feb 2010, 1:32
Post #48

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

1. Destiny already said ShW is low on available upgrade slots - to be more specific - there are none left, hence a few upgrades get kicked in 0.96.
2. This is not Contra, and also most players are not interested in military designations, except for lore. The ingame name is, for example, Raptor, not F-22 Raptor. It has been like this since Gens. If a unit does not have an actual name, the designation will be used instead. If neither exists or they are unfitting, it gains a new name.
3. If you have to add something to your posts, use the edit button. Also, double quotation is disabled to prevent quote spam - this is not a bug but a feature, else double quotation would be available.
4. I already said, ShW does not care so much for RLas Z:H, since this is a mod for a game about an alternative future of warfare, where development went different ways, and some physics are altered for the sake of fun and gameplay, so your point about the F-23 is moot.
And on a personal note: if people give you tips on how to behave on a forum, then follow them.

+Quote Post
Alias
post 27 Feb 2010, 1:38
Post #49

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Member No.: 46

QUOTE (Zhao @ 27 Feb 2010, 2:28) *
No they can't.

1 Bradley on attack move can take out at least 3 rocket men. That's already paid off it's entire price, so it's hardly a counter if it costs more to counter than it does to buy.

This post has been edited by Alias: 27 Feb 2010, 1:44

--------------------

+Quote Post
White Cat
post 27 Feb 2010, 3:20
Post #50

Group Icon

QUOTE (KamuiK @ 26 Feb 2010, 21:32) *
1. Destiny already said ShW is low on available upgrade slots - to be more specific - there are none left, hence a few upgrades get kicked in 0.96.
2. This is not Contra, and also most players are not interested in military designations, except for lore. The ingame name is, for example, Raptor, not F-22 Raptor. It has been like this since Gens. If a unit does not have an actual name, the designation will be used instead. If neither exists or they are unfitting, it gains a new name.
3. If you have to add something to your posts, use the edit button. Also, double quotation is disabled to prevent quote spam - this is not a bug but a feature, else double quotation would be available.
4. I already said, ShW does not care so much for RLas Z:H, since this is a mod for a game about an alternative future of warfare, where development went different ways, and some physics are altered for the sake of fun and gameplay, so your point about the F-23 is moot.
And on a personal note: if people give you tips on how to behave on a forum, then follow them.

I am not here to wreck the project. I am not here to cause a havoc in the project. If I am unwelcome here please say so and I'll leave. There is only so much flaming I can take. It's a game modification discussion. Nothing too serious. So as not to disrupt other threads I pretty much reserved all of my shockwave related posts to a single thread.

1. I do not quite understand what exactly the big deal with number of upgrade slots. How are they restricted? GLA has far more upgrades than any US faction. Generally 3 or more at the Palace and 6 or more at the Black market. Is it about the build space?

2. I have not been dropped into this forum from space. I know all too well that CnC Generals decided to called the US standard jet as the "Raptor" modeled after the plane designated the "F-22" with an official nickname Raptor. But that's what the original game did. This is a modification of it. I like military designations as they add an extra nice feel to the individual units. It was a mere suggestion not the law. No need to get overworked over it.

3. I frequently use the edit button as evident throughout the thread (including the first post). Please note that that response was to a response to a post by Destiny who thought I did not know how to use quotations. I explained why what happened did happen. Please review the issue again before commenting on it. It really was something minor and I see no reason to make a mountain out of it.

4. Have you even read what I said? Are you implying no unit can be ever renamed regardless of the reason? Even the mere suggestion is banned? In few words. The plane is nicknamed WRONG. Each of the two prototypes had an individual nickname the black one was called "Black Widow" and I wager it was more stealth. The one the game uses is gray and should be named "Gray Ghost". Just trying to clarify what I see as a potential problem. Clearly there is a disconnect with your post and what I pointed out.

I have not seen any tip on behavior so far. Aside from "we don't accept suggestions" which I understand is mostly for newer units - something I did not ask, ever. If developers don't want something I suggest, they'll disregard it. I am sorry but I am not entirely sure what you are referencing...

This post has been edited by White Cat: 27 Feb 2010, 3:26

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 3:09