Reply to this topicStart new topic
Possibility to exchange money between team players
Kazan
post 15 May 2014, 18:48
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10323

Hey developers, can it be implemented that somehow players could exchange cash among themselves like some USA cash drop style to help the ally in same team? It would be awesome and make the game play much more dynamic. And for people who wouldn't want that could also disable it like we can disable the 'Limit Super weapon' before the game starts. What say!?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 15 May 2014, 18:50
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

No.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kazan
post 15 May 2014, 18:54
Post #3

Group Icon

Why such a blunt 'no', sir? Any staunch premonition you have or something? And as I said, it could also be disabled at the beginning of the game itself if the warring parties might not want it!

This post has been edited by Kazan: 15 May 2014, 18:59

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 15 May 2014, 18:57
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Because we have had this disscusions many times before you asked and the awser will be no regardless.

Design reasions ect.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kazan
post 15 May 2014, 18:58
Post #5

Group Icon

I see. Okay, then.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 15 May 2014, 19:10
Post #6

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

This was discussed before when GLA eco was abit tricky to deal with....and really laughable late game,

But still even with a tax that was talked about it was decided isnt really nessary...

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 15 May 2014, 19:16
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

I refer you to Q07 of our new FAQ for a detailed explanation.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 15 May 2014, 21:17
Post #8

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

The only way to give some money to your allies (or, ya know, yourself) is the GLA cargo drop that gives you a few money boxes.

+Quote Post
GeneralCamo
post 15 May 2014, 21:54
Post #9

That person
Group Icon

Member No.: 417
C&C ShockWave Co-Leader

QUOTE (Kazan @ 15 May 2014, 13:54) *
Why such a blunt 'no', sir? Any staunch premonition you have or something?

This is quite rude and unneeded. Also, I do not think you know what the word "premonition" means.

This post has been edited by Generalcamo: 15 May 2014, 21:55

+Quote Post
MARS
post 16 May 2014, 7:08
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 10

TH was only blunt because he's heard this exact same question so many times that he can't be bothered to provide a detailed explanation anymore - which I did instead. Short version: If a player gets into financial trouble, it's either because he failed to secure enough supplies, because he expended himself or because his opponent crashed his economy. All of these situations are decisive and we're not going to devalue the game's natural progression by artificially keeping bankrupt players in the game.

+Quote Post
Kazan
post 16 May 2014, 7:58
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (Generalcamo @ 16 May 2014, 2:24) *
This is quite rude and unneeded. Also, I do not think you know what the word "premonition" means.

I don't think it was rude, please expatiate why do you have an antagonistic opinion. And it is surprising how can you be so judgmental as I do know the meaning of the word as well. What makes you think otherwise?

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 16 May 2014, 11:05
Post #12

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

Now now Kazan, no point in being the sore here. Your question has been answered and you asking people to explain themselves about superficial wording makes you look arrogant at best and nothing else. Please just stop that.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 16 May 2014, 11:28
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Do you know, Kazan was the name of an ancient kingdom in Central Asia?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kazan
post 16 May 2014, 11:35
Post #14

Group Icon

QUOTE (SorataZ @ 16 May 2014, 15:35) *
Now now Kazan, no point in being the sore here. Your question has been answered and you asking people to explain themselves about superficial wording makes you look arrogant at best and nothing else. Please just stop that.

I genuinely don't think that there is 'no point here'. And arrogance is telling someone he doesn't know the meaning of something without explaining why. I don't understand why people can't think straight and resort to negative insinuations when the other person is just being logical! Please tell me what was superficial about that.

This post has been edited by Kazan: 16 May 2014, 12:06

+Quote Post
Overlord_Cane
post 16 May 2014, 11:35
Post #15

Your cane overlord
Group Icon

Member No.: 10322

It can be done by having a cash drop special power that you buy each time you use it and drops the same amount of cash as the power costs. Contra did it.

HOWEVER, I really wouldn't think it's necessary in RotR. It feels like a mere gimmick implemented merely because it could be, and the practical use of it is limited at best.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 16 May 2014, 11:36
Post #16

Group Icon

You sound like a sophisticated angry person! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 16 May 2014, 11:46
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

QUOTE (Overlord_Cane @ 16 May 2014, 13:35) *
It can be done by having a cash drop special power that you buy each time you use it and drops the same amount of cash as the power costs. Contra did it.

HOWEVER, I really wouldn't think it's necessary in RotR. It feels like a mere gimmick implemented merely because it could be, and the practical use of it is limited at best.

Quite the contrary - it's effect on PvP team games would be tremendous. it'd exactly allow you to return your beaten ally to life, and win the game, if your own secondary eco allows for that.

But as mentioned above, that's also the main problem with such power, from game development/game flow perspective.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 16 May 2014, 12:03

+Quote Post
Kazan
post 16 May 2014, 12:04
Post #18

Group Icon

QUOTE (Svea Rike Soldier @ 16 May 2014, 16:06) *
You sound like a sophisticated angry person! biggrin.gif

Svea, I took an umbrage of that because people generally get away with "Oh, see he is arrogant and what not" and never buttress their allegation with anything plausible enough. Maybe I am arrogant and I do not realize it, so all I want is help me so that I can realize and apologize if I am wrong and mend myself. Am I asking too much from them? They just save themselves from a logical discussion. That is what pisses me off.

This post has been edited by Kazan: 16 May 2014, 12:09

+Quote Post
Overlord_Cane
post 16 May 2014, 12:08
Post #19

Your cane overlord
Group Icon

Member No.: 10322

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 16 May 2014, 12:46) *
Quite the contrary - it's effect on PvP team games would be tremendous. it'd exactly allow you to return your beaten ally to life, and win the game, if your own secondary eco allows for that.

Point taken.

But at the same time, it'd be incredibly inefficient if it only covered a single amount of cash, like 3k or 5k.

On the other hand, adding multiple value options would just cause an extreme excess of buttons, which nobody really wants. 8Ip.png

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 16 May 2014, 12:08
Post #20

Group Icon

QUOTE (Kazan @ 16 May 2014, 13:04) *
Svea, I took an umbrage because people generally get away with "Oh, see he is arrogant and what not" and never buttress their allegation with anything plausible enough. Maybe I am arrogant and I do not realize it, so all I want is help me so that I can realize and apologize if I am wrong and mend myself. Am I asking too much from them? They just save themselves from a logical discussion. That is what pisses me off.

Well... alright then, but to me your use of irregular words and exclamation marks makes me think of you like an upper-class british guy with a monocle ranting at people. But that's probably just to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 16 May 2014, 12:11
Post #21

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Friendly Freelancer

QUOTE (Overlord_Cane @ 16 May 2014, 12:35) *

QUOTE (Overlord_Cane @ 16 May 2014, 12:35) *
limited at best.

screwyou.gif Are you kidding me? It doesn't matter how much money you give your allies, the fact remains that you can give money to your allies which WILL be abused so that a bankrupt player who should by all accounts be defeated by their own mismanagement will be artificially held in the game by what will amount to legal cheating.

+Quote Post
DragonNOR
post 16 May 2014, 12:58
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9208
Projects: Voice Actor

QUOTE (Svea Rike Soldier @ 16 May 2014, 13:08) *
Well... alright then, but to me your use of irregular words and exclamation marks makes me think of you like an upper-class british guy with a monocle ranting at people. But that's probably just to me.

No, I thought the exact same thing x) While your use of rare words is commendable Kanaz, it might throw someone off because its so unusual and it might make you sound like a posh british professor, no offense meant wether you are or aren't smile.gif

I still call shenanigans on your use of the word premonition though, I have never before seen it used in that context, allthough it might have been used in shakespeare smile.gif

+Quote Post
Kazan
post 16 May 2014, 13:27
Post #23

Group Icon

QUOTE (DragonNOR @ 16 May 2014, 17:28) *
No, I thought the exact same thing x) While your use of rare words is commendable Kanaz, it might throw someone off because its so unusual and it might make you sound like a posh british professor, no offense meant wether you are or aren't smile.gif

I still call shenanigans on your use of the word premonition though, I have never before seen it used in that context, allthough it might have been used in shakespeare smile.gif

haha okay, against all your exceptions, I am an Indian! And I used the word 'premonition' because I speculated that perhaps The_Hunter foresees something ugly which would mire the game play and that I am incapable of foreseeing what he does, if they were to concoct this money transaction thing.

+Quote Post
DragonNOR
post 16 May 2014, 13:45
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9208
Projects: Voice Actor

QUOTE (Kazan @ 16 May 2014, 14:27) *
haha okay, against all your exceptions, I am an Indian! And I used the word 'premonition' because I speculated that perhaps The_Hunter foresees something ugly which would mire the game play and that I am incapable of foreseeing what he does, if they were to concoct this money transaction thing.

He he I expected as much smile.gif It's easy to fall in the trap of using the most complex words you know when you speak a language that is not your native tongue because one doesn't want others to question his/her capabilities with said language. I should know, I've been there myself smile.gif

As long as you're aware that using words that could normally be classified as obscure might earn you a sideways glance on most forums on the net smile.gif

Thanks for elaborating on what you meant in the question though smile.gif

+Quote Post
Banisher of Hope
post 16 May 2014, 14:48
Post #25

Group Icon

Group: Donator
Member No.: 10286

Kazan, without intending to increase your apparent ire, my propensity to share my linguistic perspicacity causes my interjection. Grandiloquent verbiage approaches the bombastic if overindulged. Communication hinges not on lexical punctiliousness, but one's deftness in conveying intent. Transferring ideas is a conference's desideratum. If your loquaciousness hinders this then your attempt at discussion has failed.

Or as my favorite saying goes, "don't try to squeeze a ten dollar word into a five dollar conversation."

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 9:10