Reply to this topicStart new topic
Games you're currently looking forward to
MARS
post 19 Jun 2009, 13:53
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

Pretty self-explanatory. Which games that have been announced/are currently in development interest you the most?

Mine:

- Modern Warfare 2: This is a no-brainer, really. A new Call of Duty game - even though it's
not called 'Call of Duty' - that is being made by Infinity Ward is a good thing in my book.

- Metal Gear Solid Rising: It'll come out on P-friggin'-C! It's sad enough that I missed out on
MGS4 since it'd be the only PS3 game that interests me but this one is a must-buy for me.

- Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver: It's a DS remake of Pokémon Gold and Silver which, in my opinion, were the best generation of Pokémon games.
Diamond was okay but for some reason, I never really got into it. I bought it back in 2007 and I haven't even finished the game ONCE, probably
because many of the new monsters are seriously lacking and the game just feels really slow, especially at the start.

- Super Mario Galaxy 2: Galaxy 1 rehash or not, the first game was great and when Nintendo announced the sequel on this year's E3, they officially
restored their honour after a long peroid of drought. Also looking forward to New Super Mario Bros Wii, Metroid and that mysterious, new Zelda game.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alias
post 19 Jun 2009, 14:43
Post #2

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 46

New Zelda.
Red Faction Guerilla PC.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shock
post 19 Jun 2009, 14:46
Post #3

Forum Green
Group Icon

Member No.: 17
Projects: SWR Productions

HL2 episode 3
I got the orange box a while ago so I had the oppurtunity to run through the entirety of HL2 and the first two episodes in one week. Currently my feelings are really projected towards this one but it will probably die out in a few weeks.

And, Generals II, as much as I am in despair that will surpass the original, I still have a few extra heartbeats of hope left for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
CommanderJB
post 19 Jun 2009, 16:20
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Projects: ROTR Dev Team

- Bad Company 2; the gameplay looks fast, frantic, and very Battlefield, in an environment that looks awesome and awesomely destructive. Its setting is right up my alley too.
- Supreme Commander 2; with no small amount of trepidation. I have a nasty premonition about this, but it certainly looks shiny.
- Generals II; though it's not likely to be any time really really soon.
- Battlefront III; though I have no idea where it's at and am seriously ticked off that the cool features in the original promo are almost all missing. I am just seriously, seriously fed up with the handheld releases for this franchise ('no, no, we're not trying to get you to buy a PSP at all! We would never do that!'), so anything else can't help but be an improvement.
- The Old Republic; best of E3 for no small reason, and BioWare have my faith.
- Mass Effect 2; maybe by the time it comes out I'll have a machine that I can enjoy playing it on. One can but hope.

This post has been edited by CommanderJB: 19 Jun 2009, 16:21

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 19 Jun 2009, 16:47
Post #5

Group Icon

I totally forgot about Battlefront 3 but from what I've seen, it might be pretty good...Although it could
have been better if they hadn't scrapped the seamless transition between ground and air for no reason.

Another game I'm kind of interested in is Starcraft 2. I've only played the first Starcraft
game on a few occasions such as LAN-parties but it obviously deserves a lot of its praise.

+Quote Post
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e....
post 19 Jun 2009, 16:57
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 167

QUOTE (Alias @ 19 Jun 2009, 4:43) *
New Zelda.
Red Faction Guerilla PC.

^those
-Final Fantasy XIII <----Favorite one 8ani5.gif 8ani5.gif
-Supreme Commander 2
-Starcraft 2
-Diablo 3
-Mass Effect 2
-HL2 Episode 3
-Generals 2
-Mod War 2
-Bad Company 2
-Assassins Creed 2
-Bioshock 2
-Army of 2 The 40th Day
-Singularity
-Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2

+Quote Post
MARS
post 19 Jun 2009, 17:06
Post #7

Group Icon

Now that I see that many of you have Gens 2 on their list, it kinda makes me wonder: Do we have any proof like an official announcement that I missed or is it just hard speculation? Personally, I'd prefer a new Generals over another Tib/RA game but I intentionally didn't put it on my list because it'd be more of a 'game I wish existed' rather than something I'm really 'looking forward to' right now.

+Quote Post
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e....
post 19 Jun 2009, 17:12
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 167

QUOTE (Rayburn @ 19 Jun 2009, 7:06) *
Now that I see that many of you have Gens 2 on their list, it kinda makes me wonder: Do we have any proof like an official announcement that I missed or is it just hard speculation? Personally, I'd prefer a new Generals over another Tib/RA game but I intentionally didn't put it on my list because it'd be more of a 'Game I wish existed' rather than something I'm really 'looking forward to'.

i see your point when i bought my copy of RA3 Premier Edition they gave me a beta key for "the next C&C game" so they are keeping it a secret but alot of ppl are saying its gonna be Generals 2 so i guess you could say its somewat of a "official" announcement. and imo the tib series is the best i dont rly see why ppl dont like it sure the scrin are rigged but what if they werent then wat.

+Quote Post
CommanderJB
post 19 Jun 2009, 17:27
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 15
Projects: ROTR Dev Team

QUOTE (Rayburn @ 19 Jun 2009, 22:47) *
I totally forgot about Battlefront 3 but from what I've seen, it might be pretty good...Although it could
have been better if they hadn't scrapped the seamless transition between ground and air for no reason.
It wasn't 'for no reason' - it was because Free Radical could no longer develop it, and the tech needed for it was their IP, so when they transferred the project (to Rebellion IIRC) they had to leave it behind. Or so I believe, anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 19 Jun 2009, 17:36
Post #10

Group Icon

Well, I can understand that but I also heard that the new developer was going to implement the feature with some kind of cutscene that 'separates' the ground- from the space-element. That's probably a rumour of course but I don't see a reason not to replicate Free Radical's system. They sure haven't copyrighted the basic idea of seamless travel between different areas.

``and imo the tib series is the best i dont rly see why ppl dont like it sure the scrin are rigged but what if they werent then wat.´´

Tib has been too bland in its last instalment IMO. They could have made MUCH MORE of the zone concept, the removal of Tiberium flora and fauna was a terrible design decision and the introduction of the Scrin could have been more climactic. Heck, it probably would have helped if they hadn't announced their appearance before the game was even released. That one cutscene where GDI blows up the liquid Tib depot underneath the temple should have been the FIRST time people actually SEE ANYTHING of these aliens since the wreckage incident in TS. Instead, we got a bunch of obvious hints way before the release.

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 19 Jun 2009, 18:48
Post #11

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

Member No.: 19
Projects: ShockWave Tester
In birro veritas.

-Diablo III: D2 is probably my most-played game of all time so I will buy this maximally immediately and am looking forward to it immensely happy.gif .

-AvP3: AvP 1 & 2 were fantastic, and I'm a huge fan of both movie franchises. This game should be great if only for the atmosphere and the thrill of being an Alien and a Predator once more happy.gif .

-Modern Warfare 2: see you guys ingame. That's all I can say, really - except for weapon and perk balance which could use a few slight tweaks, CoD 4 was fucking fantastic. And since IW are the makers of this installment, and it is about modern weaponry, there is no way in hell I'm not getting this.

-Generals 2: at the bottom of this list for a definitive reason. But still, if they don't fuck up balance (not holding up my hopes for that one) it should be quite interesting, if only for the campaign. In the end, I wouldn't be surprised if shw remains better than Gens 2, though.

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 19 Jun 2009, 18:53
Post #12

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96
Projects: SWR Productions

STALKER: Call to Pripyat
Diablo III
Starcraft II
new Pokemon Gold/Silver

Yeah, that's pretty much it, I don't have much on my wish list.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mr.Kim
post 19 Jun 2009, 19:44
Post #13

Losing Karma to Vault Boy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 34
Some future plan mod for AoE3:Asian Dynasty or FO4

Command & Conquer: Generals 2

Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta

Warriors Orochi 2 PSP version

--------------------

Let's kick this Russian Tank's ass back to the Bronze Age!

Twitch Chart ID: Mr_kim82

Moddb ID: Mr_Kim

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 19 Jun 2009, 23:20
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Bad Company 2: Battlefield Bad Company was a masterpiece of multiplayer FPS action and the sequel, though coming out a bit soon, should prove to be even greater.

Modern Warfare 2: The reasons should be obvious to anyone who's played CoD4 and seen the new trailers/gameplay footage

Mass Effect 2: The first one was an epic and fun sci-fi adventure, my hopes are high for the sequel.

Starcraft II & Diablo III: again, obvious.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Prip'jat': Clear Sky was apparently a dud but hopefully this one will be better.

Singularity: a bit early to tell if this will be a good game but the concept sounds very cool.

Wolfenstein: This one looks like it could be worth playing...the hype on this seems to be pretty low especially when you consider it's coming out in less than two months.

AvP3: The past two games were fantastically scary and atmospheric FPS games, very unique for the late 1990's. I'm sure they'll find some way to continue and expand that.

Aliens: Colonial Marines: I'm actually looking forward to this more than AvP3, to be honest. This is the game I've been waiting for ever since I first saw Aliens.

This post has been edited by DerKrieger: 19 Jun 2009, 23:21

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
Soho
post 20 Jun 2009, 3:29
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 69

Starcraft 2
Street Fighter 4
Bionic Commando
Singularity
NFS Shift

--------------------

+Quote Post
Admiral FCS
post 20 Jun 2009, 3:57
Post #16

Anime Addict
Group Icon

Member No.: 31

-MW2. Period.

-Starcraft 2, if I can get a uber PC to play it.

-The new C&C, watever it will be.

-Quite possibly Bad Company 2, since I'm 90% sure I'm getting a PS3.

+Quote Post
DELETED MEMBER
post 20 Jun 2009, 5:07
Post #17

BANNED
Group Icon

Member No.: 48

QUOTE (Admiral FCS @ 20 Jun 2009, 1:57) *
-Starcraft 2, if I can get a uber PC to play it.

Starcraft 2 probably will get low requisites taking into account to who group of people is aimed

--------------------

+Quote Post
silence
post 20 Jun 2009, 7:32
Post #18

Teh SWR Productions Greeting Committee
Group Icon

Member No.: 91
I own bootleg copies of pirated games.

Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and that mystery CnC Game

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 20 Jun 2009, 8:22
Post #19

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

Dynasty warriors 6 XL
Dynasty warriors 6 Empires
C&C GENERALS 2

More games called Kirby , via Nintendo

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 20 Jun 2009, 11:38
Post #20

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

Shockwave .96,ROTR 1.5,Generals 2 and
Command and Conquer Generals The Power of San Andreas

And also....NProject Mod(a balance mod)

nproject:http://www.moddb.com/mods/nproject-mod

CNCGTPSA:http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-power-of-san-andreas

--------------------

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 21 Jun 2009, 1:24
Post #21

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

Diablo 3 and Dragon Age

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jester
post 21 Jun 2009, 21:02
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

Im surprised nobody has said Operation flashpoint 2 and Armed assault 2 yeah i also want Il2 birds of prey and GENERALS 2 saints row 3 L4D2 ROTR 1.5,2.0
shockwave .96 Modern warfare 2 and GTA IV ballad of gay tony The new GTA DLC

+Quote Post
MARS
post 21 Jun 2009, 23:40
Post #23

Group Icon

OPF2 looks very promising. I wouldn't get any hopes up regarding Arma2, though. It's over-complicated beyond belief (which has NOTHING to do with realism for the most part), the
AI is terribly uncooperative, voice overs which are supposed to help you are badly patched together from incoherent text fragments and the game is generally bugged up the arse.

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 22 Jun 2009, 0:30
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 47

Hmm, haven't tried ArmA2, but Operation Flashpoint 2 looks awesome (Operation Flashpoint 1 was flawed but a pretty cool game).

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 22 Jun 2009, 6:45
Post #25

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

I'm now also looking forward to Star Wars: The Old Republic.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 9:34