IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Some fan lore that are contradicting and need to be changed, And some could get changed because a bit more beliveability
Die Hindenburg
post 6 Aug 2015, 4:20
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10025

Some of the lore on the wiki should be changed to this way:

1. The Missile defender wussy has a SRAW (he has it ingame) not what is described in the wiki, the current wiki thing is way to complicated.

2. Aleskandrs super heavy tank cannot be a merely upgraded Object 279/T-279, it should be only based on that concept, because the two look only superficial (even with the graphics)

3. I am all for one thing, remove anything merican lorewise from the ECA, because nearly every other faction (with the execption of the terroritsts, china is a whole other thing, their "russian legacy migs and badgers" are copies not direct soviet originals so they dount count) like the TAC.50 for Frank Jeager (his sniper rifle could be anything from AW to SAKO, but why an american thing?) and the Harrier guns 25mm gatlings replaced lorewise (again, they dont sound, act, nor do something like the gatlings they supposedly have) by 30mm or 25mm ADEN guns.
The goalkeeper will of course have an Avenger, but i would prefer if we make it a dutch derived, hybrid driven (its not visible) version of the american thing, with so much internal changes that it is actually a completly new weapon.

Why these changes for the ECA? It has so much charme that is. tongue.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 6 Aug 2015, 4:29
Post #2

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

Well I doubt you can demand changes like the last one, but that's up for the devs to decide.
As for the wiki, ignore it. Its so out of date and badly written most of the time that it does more harm than good.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Die Hindenburg
post 6 Aug 2015, 4:56
Post #3

Group Icon

Ah thanks, i forgot that.
I need to stop to nag about the simplisciest things. I did some changes on the articles, so i apolgize for these changes and i am fully ok if they are reveret, i do the reverts on request also if neccessary

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 6 Aug 2015, 6:33
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

QUOTE (Die Hindenburg @ 6 Aug 2015, 5:20) *
Some of the lore on the wiki should be changed to this way:

1. The Missile defender wussy has a SRAW (he has it ingame) not what is described in the wiki, the current wiki thing is way to complicated.

2. Aleskandrs super heavy tank cannot be a merely upgraded Object 279/T-279, it should be only based on that concept, because the two look only superficial (even with the graphics)

3. I am all for one thing, remove anything merican lorewise from the ECA, because nearly every other faction (with the execption of the terroritsts, china is a whole other thing, their "russian legacy migs and badgers" are copies not direct soviet originals so they dount count) like the TAC.50 for Frank Jeager (his sniper rifle could be anything from AW to SAKO, but why an american thing?) and the Harrier guns 25mm gatlings replaced lorewise (again, they dont sound, act, nor do something like the gatlings they supposedly have) by 30mm or 25mm ADEN guns.
The goalkeeper will of course have an Avenger, but i would prefer if we make it a dutch derived, hybrid driven (its not visible) version of the american thing, with so much internal changes that it is actually a completly new weapon.

Why these changes for the ECA? It has so much charme that is. tongue.gif

1. That is indeed correct, nice fix.

2. From my current understanding is that the Golem is indeed an upgraded version of Obyekt-279. The chassis remains the same, presumebly upgraded to better withstand NBC weaponry, and then some added protection from EMP weapons as well. Then there's the addition of the Shtora system, a bigger gun and two turret-mounted machine guns. It's safe to assume that yes, there are too many modifications to give it the designation T-279, but I think that Aleksandr wouldn't really give a shit whether it's called T-279 or T-3100XCV or whatever. As long as it works for him.

3. For the Goalkeeper, the original lore stated it was a European derivative of the GAU/8, so that works. As for the other weapons... I'm too conflicted to put a definitive answer.

QUOTE (RikerZZZ @ 6 Aug 2015, 5:29) *
Well I doubt you can demand changes like the last one, but that's up for the devs to decide.
As for the wiki, ignore it. Its so out of date and badly written most of the time that it does more harm than good.

The wiki is going to be updated once 2.0 has been released with relevant information. Right now, and until 2.0 is released it is a work-in-progress.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 6 Aug 2015, 10:43
Post #5

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Honestly, new ones might very well be, but logistically speaking, there's no good reason to remove the currently in-service ones and replace them with more-or-less comparable models.

--------------------

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 6 Aug 2015, 13:14
Post #6

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 6 Aug 2015, 6:33) *
The wiki is going to be updated once 2.0 has been released with relevant information. Right now, and until 2.0 is released it is a work-in-progress.

Thank you. The USA pages are in desperate need of some TLC, especially seeing all the info is from 1.802, and that its very badly written.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
Die Hindenburg
post 6 Aug 2015, 18:40
Post #7

Group Icon

Thanks for the replies.
The reason i put the thing with the european equipment things being so overengineered while the US has the simpler SRAW instead of the previous thing is of course first being visual and consistency reasons. The european units always seem to be lorewise very complicated compared to the other factions equipment. Like the Gun Turret having that huge AI pod, and the Anvil which was a combat drone from BAE named Blackknight turned into a support unit.

Besides, Wreker sounds more badass then Avenger. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 7 Aug 2015, 13:03
Post #8

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

I'd disagree about that.
Avenger is pretty badass.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 April 2024 - 14:22