IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
GLA campaign update or Aleksandr campaign, Which one to do first?
More missions vs Improved missions
Which of these two choices would you prefer?
Improved GLA African Campaign [ 10 ] ** [47.62%]
New ALeksandr Campaign [ 11 ] ** [52.38%]
Total Votes: 21
Guests cannot vote 
RedDeadSmeg
post 31 Dec 2017, 2:19
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13220

After watching YouTube videos and Maelstrom's Livestream, I can see that the GLA campaign needs a LOT of work.

Now, I am currently working on my Aleksandr campaign, which is going well, but I'm undecided if I should keep going due to how many problems there are in the GLA campaign.

So I'm going to give the community the choice, would you have me rather:

a) Improve the GLA Campaign which will involve: giving all missions intros, making mission 2 much shorter wink.gif and (hopefully) removing most of the lag on mission 4.

or

cool.gif Create a new Aleksandr campaign which will have 5 missions set before the Russian-European war, which is about 1/3 completed as of today.

Both will be done eventually, but which would you like to see done first?

Votes will end after a ten point lead or by Saturday 6th January 2018 around 11 AM GMT
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 5 Jan 2018, 1:17
Post #2

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

Something I want to give a note to, since you are very interested in campaign-making andyour ideas are great and your scripting improved, why dont you develop skills on the forgotten arts of camera works tongue.gif ?

Basically learn how to script events in a cinematic fashion akin to Generals and Zerohour ones as this really adds more immersion.

This will not only make your work stand out from everything else, but it will also give you even more recognition.

It's a rather time consuming feat, but maybe you'd be interested in that. Start with learning the intro scripts of the original missions and how they work, then slowly create short intros ect

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 5 Jan 2018, 17:33
Post #3

Group Icon

Camera work is definitely something I've neglected. The current campaigns have small intros for all missions, nothing special at the moment, but enough to get an idea of the mission before playing. I hope to make more complex ones as I improve.

In game camera work is where I need to improve the most, and you're right it is time consuming. It's something I'll certainly look into the deeper I go into the next campaigns.

Thanks Mizo smile.gif

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 6 Jan 2018, 12:37
Post #4

Group Icon

So at 5 votes each we are at a tie, I will check the results again regularly and next vote wins.

+Quote Post
RedDeadSmeg
post 6 Jan 2018, 13:58
Post #5

Group Icon

And there we have it, with a landslide of 6 to 5 the winner is...

New Aleksandr Campaign!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 0:43