USA's upgrades, Humvee TOW Missile and Hover Mode
ZunZero97
post 19 Mar 2017, 5:06
Post #1

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

An humvee costs for example $500 without MG and MG costs $200, so $500 + $200 = $700 its fine
But the TOW upgrade is more expensive and doesnt affect to much the price what the player is paying for, in game the upgrade REPLACES the weapon and it does not ACCUMULATE. $700 + $400 = $1000, and even doesnt do the cost-efficient.
Hover Mode too, $1000 for Crusader and the Hover upgrade costs $200 and even reduces the armor.
It is not a suggestion, it is a discusion of what are both of the forum is think about this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marakar
post 19 Mar 2017, 5:16
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 11665

Completely intended and both of which are completely different abilities for completely different unit types. Saying that a TOWvee is an inferior version of the crusader because of the same price is like saying that an Inferno is an inferior version of the Mig Fighter (same price, different unit type classes). Mainly saying this because its a common misconception i'm starting to notice that people believe that Crusaders are better than TOWVees because their price is identical, which is simply a false equivalence.

Basically, TOWvee is purchased when you want to kite your opponent, so its cost efficiency isn't measured purely on the price of the unit as its a unit that is centered around kiting, meaning the cost efficiency is centered around how much micro the player can pull off in order to make the most out of their TOWvee. By merging the TOW and MG on the Humvee together, it would basically make the TOW Missile a no-brainer instead of a sidegrade, which is the reason behind replacing the weapon rather than adding on the TOW missile launcher. Additionally, it would cause major headaches by having TOWVees that counter everything, which means the opponent wouldn't be given the chance to go for counterplay (why bother going infantry vs TOWvees if they also have the machine gun that would shred the infantry on top of them? This is what makes synergizing TOWvees and MGVees potent in PvP), making the TOW Missile a no-brainer if it were adding onto the machine gun.

Crusader WITHOUT Hover Mode is purchased as a medium tank meatshield that can be used in conjunction with your Humvees at T1 and scales further at T2 if you have the Armor Company GP, but they're generally used to hold the line on the defensive or as a meatshield in the frontline.

Crusader WITH Hover Mode basically promotes synergy with Humvees by having near identical speed, which also has identical speed to Avengers, creating the "Fast Squad" where you have a Humvee/Avenger/HoverCrusader mix in which you have a fast army that is able to deal lots of damage through a hit-and-run playstyle. Hover Crusaders are also great at hardcountering T0 AA like Tunguskas and Gatling Tanks that may try to harass your main supply as unlike the regular crusader, their improved speed allows them to kill AA on the run.

In conclusion, the units would be classified as the following roles:

MGVee: Light Anti-Infantry that has slight kiting capability.
TOWVee: Light Anti-Vehicle/Structure that has noticeable kiting capability.
Crusader: Medium Tank Meatshield.
Hover Crusader: Medium-Light Tank with Humvee Speed.

This is all when taking PvP into account, in which this can still be applied to PvE even so long as you feel like microing.

This post has been edited by Marakar: 19 Mar 2017, 5:28

--------------------

Drop Commander

+Quote Post
ZunZero97
post 19 Mar 2017, 6:35
Post #3

A Legendary Fox
Group Icon

Member No.: 10865
a man who play videogames, What are you waiting for me?

QUOTE (Marakar @ 19 Mar 2017, 1:16) *
1-Completely intended and both of which are completely different abilities for completely different unit types. Saying that a TOWvee is an inferior version of the crusader because of the same price is like saying that an Inferno is an inferior version of the Mig Fighter (same price, different unit type classes). Mainly saying this because its a common misconception i'm starting to notice that people believe that Crusaders are better than TOWVees because their price is identical, which is simply a false equivalence.

2-Basically, TOWvee is purchased when you want to kite your opponent, so its cost efficiency isn't measured purely on the price of the unit as its a unit that is centered around kiting, meaning the cost efficiency is centered around how much micro the player can pull off in order to make the most out of their TOWvee. By merging the TOW and MG on the Humvee together, it would basically make the TOW Missile a no-brainer instead of a sidegrade, which is the reason behind replacing the weapon rather than adding on the TOW missile launcher. Additionally, it would cause major headaches by having TOWVees that counter everything, which means the opponent wouldn't be given the chance to go for counterplay (why bother going infantry vs TOWvees if they also have the machine gun that would shred the infantry on top of them? This is what makes synergizing TOWvees and MGVees potent in PvP), making the TOW Missile a no-brainer if it were adding onto the machine gun.

3-Crusader WITHOUT Hover Mode is purchased as a medium tank meatshield that can be used in conjunction with your Humvees at T1 and scales further at T2 if you have the Armor Company GP, but they're generally used to hold the line on the defensive or as a meatshield in the frontline.

Crusader WITH Hover Mode basically promotes synergy with Humvees by having near identical speed, which also has identical speed to Avengers, creating the "Fast Squad" where you have a Humvee/Avenger/HoverCrusader mix in which you have a fast army that is able to deal lots of damage through a hit-and-run playstyle. Hover Crusaders are also great at hardcountering T0 AA like Tunguskas and Gatling Tanks that may try to harass your main supply as unlike the regular crusader, their improved speed allows them to kill AA on the run.

In conclusion, the units would be classified as the following roles:

MGVee: Light Anti-Infantry that has slight kiting capability.
TOWVee: Light Anti-Vehicle/Structure that has noticeable kiting capability.
Crusader: Medium Tank Meatshield.
Hover Crusader: Medium-Light Tank with Humvee Speed.

This is all when taking PvP into account, in which this can still be applied to PvE even so long as you feel like microing.

1-I know that, since you need T1 to build Crusaders and yes they are better than Towvee, but an TOWvee with well micro can kill the Crusader, Inferno is an artillery, can overpass any defence(doesnt count defences like Howitzer positions and Mortar Pits) and the MIG fighter is and jet fighter, is good against tanks, some vehicles and helicopters, however, they are not good against mainly AA defences, Each unit has a UNIQUE ROLE(basically scissors, paper, rock).

2-Yes, or simply reduce his cost?, because USA has not tank units in T0, however AA light vehicle on high terrain has more range than Drone hive against Ospreys of course.
I dont like the idea of MG-TOWvee, i like the one-weapon unit, but whats about Overlords with Gattling Cannon? or Sentinel with Rocket Pods? they have potential likely effective vs ground units.
TOWvees could replace the tank role of USA, but not the %100 of course.Or simply doesnt cost the upgrade, even the player need to wait to upgrade when is complete

3-Yes i know that, my point is why i will pay that much for something that doesnt reach the efficient what i need?

Sorry that was $700 + $300 and not $400.

This post has been edited by ZunZero97: 19 Mar 2017, 6:42

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 19 Mar 2017, 9:20
Post #4

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

This is a fucking suggestion plain and simple, and its stupid one at that.

This post has been edited by {Lads}RikerZZZ: 19 Mar 2017, 10:15

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
P9K329
post 19 Mar 2017, 10:06
Post #5

no name
Group Icon

Member No.: 12204
RTS is General

QUOTE ({Lads}RikerZZZ @ 19 Mar 2017, 16:20) *
This is a fucking suggestion plane and simple and its stupid one at that.

Riker is right.

--------------------
New World Order

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 19 Mar 2017, 10:52
Post #6

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

Guardian drone is intended to be USA's pseudo tanks at T0. Anymore than that would be causing major headaches especially with what's going to come for each of the generals in 2.0 .

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 17:53