Angel's tournaments, news and discussion
zourv
post 14 Jan 2017, 23:44
Post #26

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10254

QUOTE (Maelstrom @ 17 Nov 2016, 9:28) *
That's the idea. I'd be glad to hear those reasons. Most of the "banned bugs" are adressed in 1.201.
And it's even compatible with Gameranger (yeah because I know he doesn't like SWRnet)

?? how to set it up on gameranger

This post has been edited by zourv: 14 Jan 2017, 23:51
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 15 Jan 2017, 0:18
Post #27

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (zourv @ 15 Jan 2017, 1:44) *

you use swr net.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 16 Jan 2017, 13:04
Post #28

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

QUOTE (zourv @ 14 Jan 2017, 23:44) *

Forget what I said there. I learned afterwards that GameRanger didn't keep up with 1.2. Use SWR.net

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Angel
post 15 Mar 2017, 14:21
Post #29

Group Icon

Member No.: 713

My new offer for modmakers https://youtu.be/efAJrZJLXuc

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 17 Mar 2017, 3:51
Post #30

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Angel @ 15 Mar 2017, 21:21) *
My new offer for modmakers https://youtu.be/efAJrZJLXuc

Perhaps, share some info about exactly what kind of mod it is?

You say you have an idea of what can and can't be done in SAGE, but I'd rather not be trapped in an impossible mission.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Angel
post 17 Mar 2017, 9:43
Post #31

Group Icon

If I say I know it means I know. In any case, I said also that I don't answer for mere curiosity, if you are ready to work - write in skype, but I don't think you are.

This post has been edited by Angel: 17 Mar 2017, 9:44

+Quote Post
Anubis
post 17 Mar 2017, 13:55
Post #32

Group Icon

Member No.: 97

I feel like i just watched a parody of the Shadow Broker from Mass Effect - modding edition. You know - if you wanna make modders interested in more than just a good laugh - perhaps instead of that Oscar worthy youtube video, you could provide actual facts here. What the mod is about, what needs to be done, and most importantly since you said money is involved - how you're gonna pay - and when. Cause you know - in the world we live in - no one is gonna do your mod with the promise of money after - oh no baby - we live in the prostitute mentality world - money first or simply step by step. And just for the record - in order to attract attention you must first satisfy curiosity. Otherwise good luck finding the stupid one to take you seriously based on that marvel of cinematography alone. And drop the attitude - it will only get you a very non-gift filled birthday - and the clock is ticking.

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 17 Mar 2017, 13:56
Post #33

The X General
Group Icon

Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

QUOTE (Angel @ 17 Mar 2017, 16:43) *
If I say I know it means I know. In any case, I said also that I don't answer for mere curiosity, if you are ready to work - write in skype, but I don't think you are.

Well then, I'll be sure to let all my other modding friends, which include many of the most well known ZH modders around, know about how you responded to my question. Good luck finding someone for your project smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 18 Mar 2017, 0:54
Post #34

Group Icon

QUOTE (Angel @ 17 Mar 2017, 9:43) *

No sane person would accept any job -paid or not- within such a tight delay without knowing what is asked before.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Angel
post 18 Mar 2017, 1:04
Post #35

Group Icon

Oh my god, it's job to do mod, that's all you must know. You must have desire to work and accept my offer, than you will get details.

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 18 Mar 2017, 10:11
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

Look angel. people are not going to sign up to a commitment with a rather short timeline without knowing the details first of what the project entails.
its just stupid to commit to a contract blindly.
if you expect someone to agree to do this with the time frame you are expecting according to your video you need to give people more details.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Angel
post 18 Mar 2017, 13:22
Post #37

Group Icon

There is enough information in video, all what modmaker must do is give himself answers to 2 questions: 1. Does he need extra money? And if he's answer is yes, he must answer to second question: does he want to earn this money by this way - to create mod. And if he answer yes to this question too, let he write in skype, and say: "I'm ready to accept your offer and cooperate with you, but I wanna know the details, and if it will be comfortable for me I will be working your mod". That is correct way of conversation. He know what's the job he must do: do the mod. It's the job he can do, he do such actions many times, what he need else? Why it's need to explain what is the job to do mod? He will do the same what he allready did earlier, but exactly what it's need to me, what I will say to do. And if he do it correctly he will get cash. Is it so hard to understand?

+Quote Post
Angel
post 18 Mar 2017, 13:47
Post #38

Group Icon

I can only say that base for my mod is shockwave 1.1, I'm gonna do alternative version.

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 18 Mar 2017, 15:47
Post #39

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

For the last time, people will not accept an offer without getting the information first. Especially for something like a video game, because there are dozens of possible jobs with vastly different skill&tool requirements, such as coder, 2d artist, 3d artist, texture artist, animator, coder, SFX composer, music composer, scripter, story writer, voice actor etc etc. If you want a serious team, instead of having to go through potentially hundreds of requests that boil down to "Ok, I might help you, but I need the information." -> (you tell them) -> "Yeah no, fuck that." style conversations, state the requirements beforehand.

+Quote Post
Angel
post 9 Apr 2017, 12:41
Post #40

Group Icon

One more event for modmakers https://youtu.be/0M-DinwCL7I

+Quote Post
Angel
post 21 May 2017, 15:53
Post #41

Group Icon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W0GmZoXzkk

+Quote Post
(WbG)~SpeC~
post 22 May 2017, 10:19
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 10944
old bastard

QUOTE (Anubis @ 17 Mar 2017, 13:55) *
You know - if you wanna make modders interested in more than just a good laugh - perhaps instead of that Oscar worthy youtube video, you could provide actual facts here. What the mod is about, what needs to be done

you are damn right biggrin.gif Him advised exactly the same thing (to share detailed information) 2-3 years ago. But he stubbornly conceals everything in secret - and not because he wants to make a surprise. Simply because he has such a mentality and attitude of mind "reinforced concrete".
As far as I know some details - I would say that this work is quite easy money for those who are closely involved in modding - roughly speaking - this is a modification to the modification. And the depth of change is not so great as to formulate the idea of this modification in a couple of sentences. In this case it would be easier to lay out a detailed list of all the innovations regarding shw. Here in this he does not see the point smile.gif

--------------------
when you say a little - it is easier to stick to what has been said © Sauli Niinistö

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 23 May 2017, 19:09
Post #43

Group Icon

I'm still amazed how Angel still posts his stuff here despite receiveing such backlash.
Determination or stuborness, hard to tell tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
acidbrain
post 24 May 2017, 6:24
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 14657

Yeah, if he had that determination with learning how to mod this whole pay for mod thingy wouldnt be the case...
Maybe it is a way of getting attention...tongue.gif

This post has been edited by acidbrain: 24 May 2017, 6:29

+Quote Post
Angel
post 24 May 2017, 12:37
Post #45

Group Icon

I don't see any backlash. If you can't create mod or you just don't wanna do it, there is no necessary to find stupid reasons why nobody join me yet. You just can say: "I don't need money" or "I don't have enough time to work" or something else, but not this bullshit, that you can't accept my offer because you don't know all the details. I give enough information to make a decision. If your decision is no - I respect it, but there is no logics in such decision. And I still will be searching modmaker, who has normal logics and who makes correct decisions.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 10:10