post 13 Feb 2013, 17:37
Post #1

Guardsman
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

Just as the title say.

We can only build 2 of them, and they're got killed more than the numbers of enemies they killed.

RPG rocket upgrade remove anti air and greatly reduce anti infantry ability.

Rocket can be jammed by ECA, got shot down PDL and can have long reload time.

Is there any reason to build them?

--------------------
We Die Standing.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 13 Feb 2013, 18:23
Post #2

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

Cheap compared to other aircraft, self healing ones....Your saying that PDL gets shot down or jammed....Its like saying missle boris is ineffective vs USA.....

Then go normal damaged machine gun interceptors and like the name suggests you should use it agaisnt enemey airfcraft,preferebly helicopters.

Plus nothing beats the suprise of an enemey landforce of humvees or other tanks to be ambushed by gla aircraft! biggrin.gif

On the seperate note the gazells are quite effective.Air is and always will be prefered on small maps with low resources.

First rank doesnt give you much
Second gives you a free supply drop
And the third has a suicide ability that kils units and defences and doesnt go away until they do so free bounty kills biggrin.gif

On games vs ai dont prefer them, Gazelles with Anti tank is like a cobra with no machine gun but with missles to make up for it. If I remember correctly it can hit air and its quite fast as well.The toxin upgrade can both punish the players forces charing in your base as you spray around the choke points.Its the best anti insurrection unit out there other then the flame hans

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 13 Feb 2013, 18:41
Post #3

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

its like saying missle boris is ineffective vs USA.....

But........It is.

On the seperate note the gazells are quite effective.Air is and always will be prefered on small maps with low resources.

That's true. Gazellis are highly effective especialy in large groups. That's why I asked about the Interceptor.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 13 Feb 2013, 19:37
Post #4

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

^Thats how it should be.....Thats why you go normal interceptors rather then rpg, Boris thing was sarcasm wink.gif

Well Gla has spots for 2 units in the airfield and its better then nothing?
Eh?

Good vs unprepared units, and gla is good vs unprepared players

--------------------

+Quote Post
H3adSh00t
post 13 Feb 2013, 19:52
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 9224

I hope that Deathstrike will get the old badass Desert Fly in 2.0.
Also Interceptor with RPG are very , very effective vs artillery.

--------------------

+Quote Post
BaleEyedWarrior
post 14 Feb 2013, 3:27
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9279

alwaysed used them as scout/ hassament units rilly, good for helping cover a ground force from air attack while quads are busy ripping up the infantry

+Quote Post
Evan
post 14 Feb 2013, 4:33
Post #7

Mapper Extraordinaire
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 8893

Fucked my brother up real hard with this one.

Get to rank five and be sparing with the Gen Points. Get Jammer AND the rank 3 Airport. Build a jamer first, then build an airstrip. 2 Interceptors from a airstrip he COULD NOT FIND fucked him up so bad. Gazelles, fly them to your main base first. Then send them straight in, he thinks they're coming from my base lulz

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Vintorez_*
post 14 Feb 2013, 9:32
Post #8

Guests

They're more or less similar to Desert Flys in Shockwave - they're useful for harrassment or in conjunction with other units, but alone they can't hold their own.

+Quote Post
H3adSh00t
post 14 Feb 2013, 9:39
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 9224

Does GLA still have the GPS Scramble ability?(Like one in vZH ,not the building).
If so , stealth Interceptors :]

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guest_Vintorez_*
post 14 Feb 2013, 9:48
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (H3adSh00t @ 14 Feb 2013, 2:39) *
Does GLA still have the GPS Scramble ability?(Like one in vZH ,not the building).
If so , stealth Interceptors :]

They do have it, but I don't believe it works on any aircraft.

I don't believe that any 'area of affect' Gen Powers work on aircraft - this includes ECA Field promotion, Chinese Frenzy, USA Ammo Reserves, GLA GPS scrambler, the generic repair ability, etc - it's just a limitation of the engine.

This post has been edited by Vintorez: 16 Feb 2013, 13:31

+Quote Post
Genmotty
post 14 Feb 2013, 19:16
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 523

Rank 3 Air-power for GLA is a waste of a good point in my opinion, the Over-watch Ability just sucks bad it doesn't damage things much, it's area of spread is small meaning it can be avoided (particularly because of the long lag time between suicide aircraft).

Likewise the RPG upgrade is a bit of a waste of time, fires too slow, and without numbers isn't effective enough in a 'raider' role. Much better to have the bullets with a small AOE. What's worse is that given neither load out is a 'clip weapon' that requires a return to base to reload, it makes the aircraft woefully micro intensive, or gives them a tendency 'to wander' just like the Harrier does making both these units utter sh*te in my opinion.

I strongly do not like the way the ROTR team have taken aircraft in these matters.

That said, interceptors aren't *that bad* they give the GLA a little bit of ability to hunt artillery and/or supply centre supply trucks/osprey, however they pail into utter insignificance in comparison to the Gazelle which can do both of those things, without making its own decisions about flying off into some anti-air and can do everything the interceptor can do....better, and more!

I often think that giving the GLA a bomber unit (along the lines of the Desert Fly from Shockwave(?)) would have been a far better addition to the GLA Arsenal since at least then you could raid buildings and/or troops and would give you far more reason to utilise the strike units, since here would be the 'hard alpha attack' that the Gazelle doesn't have, allowing for a better distribution of roles.

+Quote Post
Casojin
post 15 Feb 2013, 5:14
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 222

Overwatch is quite annoying when you're on the receiving end because you cannot see how many plane left and how large the radius is.
I also agree that RPG for Interceptor is kinda sux and not very useful. I prefer guns (or maybe something like Desert Fly bombs).
However, the Gazelle with missile upgrade is quite useful (especially because people don't expect to use air units that much).

--------------------
CASOJIN

+Quote Post
Genmotty
post 15 Feb 2013, 14:43
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 523

QUOTE (Casojin @ 15 Feb 2013, 4:14) *
Overwatch is quite annoying when you're on the receiving end because you cannot see how many plane left and how large the radius is.
I also agree that RPG for Interceptor is kinda sux and not very useful. I prefer guns (or maybe something like Desert Fly bombs).
However, the Gazelle with missile upgrade is quite useful (especially because people don't expect to use air units that much).

I don't think the Overwatch ability is hard to dodge on the receiving end, as soon as you know its incoming just need to move off in a direction half a screen and count to 30 or so. Since it's not got a good alpha attack its situational at best, i.e. large number of troops and your opponent doesn't move them. It would be better if the area was larger or the damage AOE per aircraft was larger. As it stands its a waste of a point I'd rather have for something like more rebels or Anthrax bomb....

I agree the Gazelle is a preaty decent addition, yet for all its 'tactical supprise factor' once your opponent knows you've got for them, then expect to see the anti-air be roled out. The ECA Wotan and Russian Grumble are particularly effective, since the Gazell choppers sit close together because of the bounding box size, and so you can loose entire groups vrey quickly if you're not constantly using scatter.

A side note:
The Gazelle could do with having the spinkle ability command button work within groups of mixed upgrades. Since currently that is not the case.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 April 2024 - 20:50