NagandEmerald
post 2 Aug 2016, 2:02
Post #1

Arthur Jackson
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10580
Description? What description?

My friends, my enemies, my frienemies. I don't make a lot of posts in the general areas of the forums, but when I do, I make sure that they count towards something. While I do appreciate the devs and their work towards RotR, ShockWave, and other projects, I do not appreciate it when assumptions are made and cause greater consequences. The code of the administrator is not to assume, as it makes an ass out of you and me, and to give second chances wherever possible. However, Star Abraham, after returning and being welcomed back to the forums last night, was banned under false pretense and assumption by Shiro. This video explains the situation in not only Star's own words, but from the chats on Skype and possibly on the forums as well.

#makeswrforumsgreatagain

While I may normally stand to the sidelines and watch as it all unfolds, I encourage all of you to stand up against the tyranny of the minority and apprehend Shiro for breaking the administrator's code! If you don't stand up for him, as well as yourselves, then who will?! Make the SWR Forums great again! Sic semper tyrannis: thus always to tyrants!

Check your Privlege Before you Abuse it...

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
{Lads}RikerZZZ
post 2 Aug 2016, 2:06
Post #2

Certified Shitposter
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 10248
pls join my games im lonely =c

Video for those who cbs clicking the link:

Personally I've found no evidence of star spamming, and thus no just cause for it.
A single reaction image is not worth a proper ban, even given the previous image spam.

--------------------

Many thanks to IvanMRM for my avatar and Star for drawing my epic signature. You guys rock!
Join our Discord Server for a great community and plenty of games and memes!
Also, check out our ROTR - Fan group on Facebook.

+Quote Post
KnightDraco
post 2 Aug 2016, 2:18
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 12420

Not many people here will know me.
I doubt most people will.
I am primarily someone who you will meet via the skype group and I am rarely on the forums.
However, that does not mean I cannot join with my comrades against the vile tyranny which threatens our freedom!
The Leaders of this community that I regarded so highly have broken the unspoken code!
They have silenced us before we have spoken what we might have never spoken!
Unless we voice our concerns and show that we will not simply agree, we will be forever abused.
We as the workers class, demand honesty!
We as a community demand trust!
We as a people demand justice!
Let the workers unite!
Freedom from Oppression!
Give us back our Star!
Give us back our Freedom!
Give us what is ours!

This post has been edited by KnightDraco: 2 Aug 2016, 2:19

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 2 Aug 2016, 2:26
Post #4

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

I've spoken to Shiro about this before, and I am suprised this is taking the route it is now.

Stars sudden ban could be justified, I remember him necromancing one post.Not a mod here but there are far more deserving people that need a warn or ban.

Also what happend to warnings? The removal wasnt even given reason and I havent been able to recive any evidence of constant spamming of the sorts if you dont count the loony bin stuff.
And again, there are people off my mind whos been really "moody" and hasnt even ught the attention of anyone.You could say they were breaking the rules.

Now lets talk about the Overlord tank in the room that is Star, It even has a nationalisim horde bonus star under it.
Star is a abit nutty, hes spontanius, random, fun, cute but possibly annoying and confusing.

We all have our faults but hes been in the SWR Skype group for over two months, hes follow the rules,behaved and changed.

Theese next words are to the devs and thoose of other positions whos rolling their eyes reading this.Star has been bad, Star has been this and that but thats in the past.

Stars very pressence got peoples alarms ringing because even if hes late to the party the party doesnt start without him.Hes a one man soft cute little kirby or chaos and mass discord.

But as I said before, hes changed and hes got plenty to share with us...It was I who told him to come back as he made some nice maps and some fanart.

So could we please get a review of his case and if possible,

BRING

HIM

BACK

--------------------

+Quote Post
Skitt
post 2 Aug 2016, 2:30
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 10811
Aut vincere aut mori, Cave quid dicis, quando, et cui, De duobus malis, minus est semper eligendum.

so,
iv talked to both partys on this.
i don't agree with star getting suspended as he had not broken any rules this time around and his dog posts were in the loony bin section.
yes his previous stay on the forum was... disastrous.
however he has been an active part in the pub skype chat for several weeks now and has fully behaved and conducted himself in a good manor.

This post has been edited by Skitt: 2 Aug 2016, 2:30

--------------------

+Quote Post
Zeke
post 2 Aug 2016, 4:41
Post #6

The X General
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 73
Uniqueness is Overrated

Publicly attacking staff decisions, is despicable and, while technically not written, is against the rules.

This forum is not a democracy. I want to say more, but I'll leave it at this.

This post has been edited by Zeke: 2 Aug 2016, 5:29

--------------------

+Quote Post
NagandEmerald
post 2 Aug 2016, 5:32
Post #7

Arthur Jackson
Group Icon

Member No.: 10580
Description? What description?

Okay, I'm going to make it clear that I have no intention of slandering. Soraz: you are still a good admin. We all make mistakes, but removing someone based on assumption is just plain wrong. This may not be a democracy, but I sure as Hell won't just allow a single authoritarian figure to make judgement based simply on assumption and false information. Once again, we all make mistakes, but you shouldn't have banned him under false pretense and assumption. If I offended you in any way, I do humbly apologize for my first post, as I was more angry at your mistake than you. Feel free to ban me or remove this entire post altogether, just give him a second chance. You'll see why with the testers' comments here.

8llaniflip.giflaserlockani.giflaserlockani.giflaserlockani.gif I8.gif

You have the gun. Just kill me if you feel it necessary...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 2 Aug 2016, 5:35
Post #8

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10450

Did Star's post REALLY warranted his suspension?
I've seen other people posting way offensive things at each other, that only got warned.
What is this all about?

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
MARS
post 2 Aug 2016, 7:53
Post #9

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

I wasn't around when this happened, so I don't want to comment on the situation itself. I'm just gonna comment on what I'm seeing here in this particular thread.
1. The terms 'banned' and 'suspended' shouldn't be used interchangeably, because they mean different things. Assuming that this is the member we're talking about, he hasn't been banned (otherwise it would clearly say so) but likely suspended for a period of what is usually two weeks.
2. By official function, SoraZ is a moderator, not an administrator. The punishment tool of a moderator is warning and suspension, not permabanning. I imagine The_Hunter will have a final word on this at some point today, as he is the only one with any authority to call the shots here.
3. The language in this thread is hilarious in how overdramatic it is. So we've got silly hashtags and demands to check the privilege? The hell is this, a social justice course at a liberal yank university? Pretentious references to 'the people', 'tyrants' (plural, all of a sudden, despite this going back to the decision of one moderator) and commie rhetorics? Like I said, the matter is probably going up the chain already, The_Hunter will look into it and decide what he sees as appropriate. He pays for the domain and server space, so this is fundamentally -his- forum, not some collectively owned space where 'the workers' decide what's out of line and what isn't.

This post has been edited by MARS: 2 Aug 2016, 7:55

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 2 Aug 2016, 7:59
Post #10

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

Member No.: 10454
"We have watched, we have waited, now... we act!"

Wait,so,I have been waiting for new posts on those particular threads...and now he is banned?

I know most people were like -

But,that doesnt mean that's a bannable offense.He should have atleast get a warning of some sort or atleast his ban was justifiable.But,it was not.

And banning him is just -

I know that the admins will be much more considerate and understand the matter. Lest the members will see this as an abuse of power.
Also,Ive seen more offensive posts from offensive beings.Those are worth banning.

PS: Nag,this thread with all it's hashtags and sjw sort of content is Bannable tongue.gif huehueuehuhe This is pure heresy,Nag. Check your heretical privelages.

This post has been edited by TimeBurner: 2 Aug 2016, 8:03

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 2 Aug 2016, 13:24
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Projects: SWR Productions
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

Topic closed.

Don't try making an other one or you will get suspended too.

If you feel something isn't done right you can always use the PM system to contact me or any other moderator.
Doing something like this is just very silly.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 6:51