Don't visit Serbia, Ever
3rdShockArmy
post 29 Aug 2015, 13:15
Post #1

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11096
If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/sofijazz/42-reason...sit-serbia-r6a0

Seriously, people, don't come here. We might put you in a concentration camp or somethin'. tongue.gif
Now, really, see those pictures and tell me what you think. Or better, lets everyone put some nice pictures from your countries.

--------------------
Oh Lord, have mercy, for I am unworthy!

Air war in Europe

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 29 Aug 2015, 13:25
Post #2

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

I took the advice and stopped looking at the pictures from 11 and beyond. Yeah, I see no reason to ever go there.

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 29 Aug 2015, 13:49
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Not my kind of vacation resort. I prefer palm trees, coral-blue seas and white beaches.

--------------------

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 29 Aug 2015, 13:56
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

I would like to to visit Serbia; I believe that tourism in Eastern Europe in general is still something little explored and encouraged because of political factors or lack of interest by local authorities.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 29 Aug 2015, 14:01
Post #5

Chat Nick
Group Icon

If you ever decide to invade Russia, for the love of God, bring some warm clothes. We don't want you to blame the "evil Russian winter" when you get crushed, like everyone else who tried.

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 29 Aug 2015, 14:56) *
I would like to to visit Serbia; I believe that tourism in Eastern Europe in general is still something little explored and encouraged because of political factors or lack of interest by local authorities.

That's true. Although we don't have wars anymore. At least in the last 16 years.
But thanks. If you ever do come, let me know, buddy. First round is on me. Ok, I few couple of rounds, to be honest. smile.gif

EDIT: That goes for everyone actually. Soraz, Svea, even if you don't like it, I'd still buy you a drink, if you somehow end up here. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by 3rdShockArmy: 29 Aug 2015, 14:04

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 29 Aug 2015, 14:10
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

QUOTE (3rdShockArmy @ 29 Aug 2015, 10:01) *
That's true. Although we don't have wars anymore. At least in the last 16 years.
But thanks. If you ever do come, let me know, buddy. First round is on me. Ok, I few couple of rounds, to be honest. smile.gif

EDIT: That goes for everyone actually. Soraz, Svea, even if you don't like it, I'd still buy you a drink, if you somehow end up here. biggrin.gif

It would be great to visit your country; I would definitely sample some local drink. beer1.gif

In a medium-term future I plan to visit Europe and hopefully go to Serbia (if my money allow me tongue.gif ).

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 29 Aug 2015, 14:27
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

QUOTE (3rdShockArmy @ 29 Aug 2015, 15:01) *

I'm gonna remember that. Twenty years from now, I'll knock on your door, introduce myself as Svea Rike (with evidence) and you will have to buy me a drink.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 29 Aug 2015, 15:17
Post #8

Chat Nick
Group Icon

The pleasure will be all mine, guys. smile.gif

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
The General
post 3 Sep 2015, 20:51
Post #9

Head of the Federal Council of Byzantine
Group Icon

Member No.: 9974

Well we don't have beaches and salty water, but we have pretty much everything else. Anyway, Serbia is a paradise for history nerds(especialy when it comes to medieval times), people who love nature, food and drinks, mountains and village tourism(although it is just starting to develop).

P.S. Don't forget to invite me too ShockArmy. xP

--------------------
"Nations whose nationalism is destroyed are subject to ruin."
Colonel Muhammar Gaddafi (RIP).
"You will not mind, gentlemen, that i am firstly a Russian and my closest interests are those of Russia, but I can assure you that interests of Serbia and those of the Serbian people are immediately after them."
Nicholas II of Russia.
"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune."
Noam Chomsky.

Operation "Removal" fanfiction - last edited 01.07.2015.( episode #4 part 2 added-fanfiction complete )

Russia: The Evil Empire.
Do not watch RT !
Noam Chomsky on the Genocide in Kosovo.

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 3 Sep 2015, 22:26
Post #10

Chat Nick
Group Icon

QUOTE (The General @ 3 Sep 2015, 21:51) *
Well we don't have beaches and salty water, but we have pretty much everything else. Anyway, Serbia is a paradise for history nerds(especialy when it comes to medieval times), people who love nature, food and drinks, mountains and village tourism(although it is just starting to develop).

P.S. Don't forget to invite me too ShockArmy. xP

You'll definitely be one of the guys sittin' at the table, brother. beer1.gif smile.gif

This post has been edited by 3rdShockArmy: 3 Sep 2015, 22:28

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Sanguivorant
post 4 Sep 2015, 15:12
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 11489

Can't go to Serbia, too close to Vlad the Impaler's home town.

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 4 Sep 2015, 15:49
Post #12

Chat Nick
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sanguivorant @ 4 Sep 2015, 16:12) *
Can't go to Serbia, too close to Vlad the Impaler's home town.

laugh.gif We wouldn't impale you, but I couldn't guarantee you going out one of our pubs in your previous state. Or at least sober. biggrin.gif

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Sanguivorant
post 4 Sep 2015, 16:11
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 11489

Fair enough, I'll be designated driver.

Serbia is great by the way, both land and people.

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 4 Sep 2015, 16:17
Post #14

Chat Nick
Group Icon

QUOTE (Sanguivorant @ 4 Sep 2015, 17:11) *
Fair enough, I'll be designated driver.

Serbia is great by the way, both land and people.

Thanks, man. I really appreciate it. As I said, there may not be enough place for everyone at one table, but there's plenty of tables. biggrin.gif
And if you come during the fasting, we have some great Halal standard food, so you won't miss one of our trademarks.

This post has been edited by 3rdShockArmy: 4 Sep 2015, 16:19

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
teslashark
post 4 Sep 2015, 17:35
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 10319

As long as no Ustasi or the like tries to do something to the border...
Seriously, once I saw people on Buzzfeed eat that "roast pork cabbage wrap", the comments are full of people kicking the shit out of each other for deciding whether it is Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian or even Polish.

This post has been edited by teslashark: 4 Sep 2015, 17:37

--------------------
And then...

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 4 Sep 2015, 17:45
Post #16

Chat Nick
Group Icon

QUOTE (teslashark @ 4 Sep 2015, 18:35) *
As long as no Ustasi or the like tries to do something to the border...
Seriously, once I saw people on Buzzfeed eat that "roast pork cabbage wrap", the comments are full of people kicking the shit out of each other for deciding whether it is Serbian, Croatian, Bosnian or even Polish.

Well, it's been relatively peaceful for the past 16 years. And don't mind those guys. That kind of ridiculous arguments exist everywhere.
And may I ask, where are you from? Ustasi are from Croatia. How do you know about them?

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 7 Sep 2015, 21:01
Post #17

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

I'll never visit serbia.

Every single vacation flight I've had is "Visit asia for family, be bored by the same sights every year".

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 7 Sep 2015, 21:37
Post #18

Chat Nick
Group Icon

I know, I know. We'll ethnically cleanse you. Fine. There's already a bunch of guys who'd come. The only thing I could promise is that you wound never be bored. But that doesn't really matters, since you won't come.

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 7 Sep 2015, 22:18
Post #19

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Yeah, seriously. Visit family. Only vacation i get

The plane trip is funner.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Baneblade
post 11 Sep 2015, 10:08
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 11230
Good solo player, PvP beginner

Well, those pictures are still more touristically attractive than those good old Kusturica films (not exactly the same Danube River shores you can see in "Chat Noir, Chat Blanc").

Now I'm more of the kind of guy that like to "travel without moving", even had the opportunity of tasting this Croatian roasted pork thing in some eastern Lyon suburb.

But yeah if I were to visit ex-Yugoslavia I'd prolly start with Serbia (just once I check those rumors about uncleaned mine fields here and there on the countryside), since the Serbians I already met were the friendliest people I met from this part of the world. Also I'd be happy to have some beers with you bro, then the next day perhaps recover from hangover in front of a good tennis match with Nole, Troïcky, Ivanovich or Jankovich dope.gif .

--------------------

"They shall come, expecting the obvious, the simple, the artless. They shall stab at the shadows with confused minds and troubled hearts. Meanwhile, we shall appear unseen from ten directions, and from every one strike a fatal blow."

Farseer Caerys - Battle for the Upper Wastes of Kaurava III - 41 st millenium (precise date unknown)

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 11 Sep 2015, 22:02
Post #21

Chat Nick
Group Icon

It'll be my pleasure to greet you, my friend. I had a girlfriend from France. She's from Monpelier. She was lecturing French here until the last year. I can say that you French are good folks. As for the mines, there are no mines in Serbia, but in Bosnia. Serbia has some leftover cluster bombs from NATO bombing, but those are mostly cleansed from any populated area, so don't worry. You know quite a bit about us. That's pretty uncommon. Anyway, thanks again and you're most welcome, if you decide to come. smile.gif

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Baneblade
post 12 Sep 2015, 8:46
Post #22

Group Icon

Well, I had a girlfriend from Bosnia back at college who had a lot of Serbian friends, and who was a great fan of Emir Kusturica, so it's kinda of her who introduced me to that awesome filmmaker, whose filmography I now know from "The time of the gypsies" to "Promise me".
And I used to recover from after-exam hangover in front of the French Open Tennis Cup, just at the time Ivanovich and Jankovitch were at their best, and Nole was just an up-and-coming beginner. So yeah I know quite a few about Serbia smile.gif .

--------------------

"They shall come, expecting the obvious, the simple, the artless. They shall stab at the shadows with confused minds and troubled hearts. Meanwhile, we shall appear unseen from ten directions, and from every one strike a fatal blow."

Farseer Caerys - Battle for the Upper Wastes of Kaurava III - 41 st millenium (precise date unknown)

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 12 Sep 2015, 11:33
Post #23

Chat Nick
Group Icon

I'm really glad. And I agree about Kusturica. Although, people shouldn't think that he actually shows Serbia and the region like they are in his movies. He's an avant-garde filmmaker. There are some aspects that are showing the exact reality, but they are more related to some groups, like Gypsies (Roma, if you're politically correct). He tends to exaggerate sometimes, but with the reason to make a point. He already got some of the best prizes in various film festivals. I like him. The problem is that many people misunderstood his movies. Where are you from? I mean which part of Eastern France? Lyon?

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post
Baneblade
post 14 Sep 2015, 10:45
Post #24

Group Icon

I'm really glad. And I agree about Kusturica. Although, people shouldn't think that he actually shows Serbia and the region like they are in his movies. He's an avant-garde filmmaker. There are some aspects that are showing the exact reality, but they are more related to some groups, like Gypsies (Roma, if you're politically correct). He tends to exaggerate sometimes, but with the reason to make a point. He already got some of the best prizes in various film festivals. I like him. The problem is that many people misunderstood his movies.

Sure, many points are clearly caricatured, still I like the festive atmosphere he manages to maintain all along his films. Btw, dunno what he's doing right now, last time I heard of him he was in Argentina shooting a biography of Diego Maradona with one of my favourite singers Manu Chao on OST. Also never really managed to make out the difference between good old Gypsies and the new term of 'Roms' that appeared some years ago wacko.gif.

Where are you from? I mean which part of Eastern France? Lyon?

Nope I'm not from Lyon anymore angry.gif , just kinda halfway between Strasbourg and Lyon.

--------------------

+Quote Post
3rdShockArmy
post 14 Sep 2015, 13:32
Post #25

Chat Nick
Group Icon

Yeah, I'm not sure if the project with Maradona is finished. And I agree on Manu Chao.
Well, as for Gypsies, it's kinda complicated. I'm not even sure anymore is being a Gypsy is an ethnicity or a way of life (they're still mostly nomad/seminomad). I have a friend from my University, who says he's Roma, but his brother is like "don't give me that political correctness BS, I'm a Gypsy". And they call themselves Gypsies. Roma really is recent addition. The problem is that some people use it as a derogatory term. But they did call themselves Gypsies like forever.
Sorry to hear about Lyon, but still, you live in beautiful part of what is already a beautiful country. smile.gif

--------------------

Air war in Europe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 May 2024 - 17:41