IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
I have gotta ask, when's 'Tidal Wars' gonna be released, if it still is?
FloppySovereign
post 29 Jul 2014, 7:38
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
From: Adelaide, SA, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, Cos System, Milkyway, Quadrant A1
Member No.: 10542

Been wondering, is tidal wars still a mod in production? Coz I've kinda jumped the gun and designed multiple ships and buildings, hoping to submit them to Tidal Wars, but I'm not actually sure if tidal wars is still on or not? Anyone know?

--------------------
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
n5p29
post 29 Jul 2014, 8:22
Post #2

Enlima Studios
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 482

I'm the creator of the mod, n5 here.
well it is still going on, just there's no specified release date. if someone asking that we'll just use the generic "when it's done" as the answer.

also we're sorry about lack of update after that april fools one. we're actually planned an update back on May, but because I got sudden job offer that time, the mod progress were halted. as the content prepared for the update are not finished yet, we cannot deliver them in time.

anyway, if you have interesting designs for our mod, you can send them to me and I'll see if they're good for the mod. so sure, gladly send them. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 29 Jul 2014, 9:02
Post #3

NProductions
Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 9747

Yeah, we are still going on, just not as fast as some would expect tongue.gif

And anything that puts the work off my shoulders is welcomed biggrin.gif

--------------------

It is so true that its funny and sad at the same time.

+Quote Post
FloppySovereign
post 29 Jul 2014, 10:16
Post #4

Group Icon

From: Adelaide, SA, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth, Cos System, Milkyway, Quadrant A1

Many thanks, and could I ask what factions are used (gonna be used)? Because I've designed (haven't been able to skin(job in the way)) two Russian class ships, the 'Kirov' class Battlecruiser, and the 'Sovremenny' class cruiser, both of which are Russian built, and both have ships that have been sold to china.

And I've also had an idea for a tech building, either for ROTR or for tidal wars, that allows the construction of WWII class ships, which are more multi role and/or versatile than modern vessels, and are cheaper, from many nations; the Japanese I-400 class submarine, the British Hermes class aircraft aircraft carrier, the American Tennessee class Battleship, the German Schnellboat, the French Le Fantasque class destroyer. This is just an idea, if it isn't something that you would like in the mod at all, that's fine, otherwise I'm kinda attempting to make a mod of my own, but then I figured that I would just be trying to replicate Tidal wars.

Also I'm on credit for Internet, so I can't do much browsing, but do you have a mod page, if so could you post a link...?

--------------------

+Quote Post
n5p29
post 29 Jul 2014, 14:34
Post #5

Enlima Studios
Group Icon

about those ships, we're actually not looking for blatant WW2 ships to be put in our mod. but, if you got concepts/designs that are inspired by them they're more acceptable.

QUOTE (FloppyDisk99 @ 29 Jul 2014, 16:16) *
but do you have a mod page, if so could you post a link...?

if you see on this forum main page, you can see the buttons on Tidal Wars mod forum link.
we do have moddb page and also external wiki, but the wiki is somewhat dysfunctional and we need some time to migrate it to our official mod page that is still under construction.

--------------------

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 29 Jul 2014, 15:33
Post #6

NProductions
Group Icon

It depends on how does your models look like. smile.gif We still have some white spots, so we will see about if some fits in smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 29 Jul 2014, 15:36
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

Speaking of which, (this is unrelated to this mod but I didn't want to start a whole new thread) what happened to ReichsMarsch? Its subforum has completely disappeared?

--------------------

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 29 Jul 2014, 16:07
Post #8

NProductions
Group Icon

QUOTE (Svea Rike @ 29 Jul 2014, 16:36) *
Speaking of which, (this is unrelated to this mod but I didn't want to start a whole new thread) what happened to ReichsMarsch? Its subforum has completely disappeared?

Errr... they ceased development? Or moved somewhere else? I really dont know about that, you should have asked MARS via a PM tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Svea Rike
post 29 Jul 2014, 16:12
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 9540

What a shame - that mod seemed awesome.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karpet
post 29 Jul 2014, 19:58
Post #10

Comrade Bear
Group Icon

Member No.: 9722
Projects: Deep Impact

Direct quote from Hunter answering my question why the ReichsMarsch forum disappeared:

"Thats right, colt hasn't been on the forums since last year october and has not made any effort into contacting us about the situation.
As per agreement that means the termination of his hosting. (which i already delayed by 3 months)

I also tried contacting colt myself but no responds ever came in."

--------------------
Your feeling of helplessness is your best friend, savage.

+Quote Post
Oliver
post 29 Jul 2014, 22:12
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 10072

This is a mod that i'm really interest to see and play, in case you guys need any help (basically everything, except scripting and skinning) I would gladly help

This post has been edited by Oliver: 29 Jul 2014, 22:12

+Quote Post
FloppySovereign
post 30 Jul 2014, 8:38
Post #12

Group Icon

Again I have an idea for a ship(s) for an addition into the mod, but again if it isn't what your looking for that's fine.
The idea is the have a support class ship, different for each faction;

USA: Underway Replenishment Oiler; All friendly units within its vicinity are repaired, and less damage is taken when in the Oilers vicinity.

(Either Japan or China(not sure)) Munitions Ship; all friendly units within its vicinity have increased rate of fire and slightly higher damage. (Like Speaker Tower)

GLA (If its still gonna be in the game) Salvage Ship; the ship itself is (was) salvaged, limit of one unit, lowers Naval vessel build cost by 10% and offers a cash bounty for enemy units destroyed by friendly units within the Salvage Ships' vicinity.

Just an idea tho, so if it isn't something that you're looking for, I'll be able to make it for my own purposes. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
n5p29
post 30 Jul 2014, 9:25
Post #13

Enlima Studios
Group Icon

- USA have Fixer as their support unit that's pretty much the naval counterpart of the Ambulance/RepairVee. It also have other support abilities that will be revealed later.
- Japan is just a joke faction from the last april fools, so we're not actually adding them.
- We're already planned naval unit with speaker tower niche for China, so rest assured.
- Yes, GLA is still there. In fact they are the main focus for the next updates. And the salvage ship idea seems nice, we'll see if it can fits in our current design although it's most likely it wouldn't be like that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
V.Metalic
post 30 Jul 2014, 11:47
Post #14

NProductions
Group Icon

Yeah, pretty much what N5 said. USA and China support vessels are thought out, and GLA, your suggestion sounds interesting, thought when you look at it GLA isnt much about support their forces. They have suicide bombers and trucks stuffed with bombs, tractors filled with toxins and all, but not much of support. But we will see smile.gif

And while it would be nice to have Japan here, at least in my own opinion, making a whole new faction will require a thorough planning of its gameplay, units, design aesthetics, and than making all the models and textures. Overall it is not within our capabilities unless we will be working on it for 10 years, because we simply dont have people for that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
FloppySovereign
post 30 Jul 2014, 13:21
Post #15

Group Icon

Fair enough, ad as for Japan, ironically enough, a few of my mates and myself have stated to design the Japanese faction for C&C, but all of us a gutter grade at idea gen, so we've decided to just play RUSE, and model most of the stuff from there, and we all (six of us) hope to be able to covert the C&C gameplay into something like RUSE, with a tonne of units, and a tonne of buildings and stuff.

Then we also are trying to do something like Tidal Wars, but we are trying not to copy it more than anything, and are gonna more or less turn it into a mod series (if we get around to it). We are also hoping to include eras into our naval mod, such as WWII-Present, and also have units as tech advancements; The research and purchase of the USS Long Beach would unlock nuclear tech for ships and the NCD (Nuclear Capable Drydock) wich would allow the construction of nuclear boats, and so fourth.

Funny enough all of this came together within about 2 hours, with a hell of a lot of phone calls, texting and broken tips on lead pencils.........

Sorry thought I would let peps know of my future ambitions...... o.0

--------------------

+Quote Post
SeraphsWrath
post 19 Nov 2015, 17:57
Post #16

Group Icon

Member No.: 12343

QUOTE (FloppyDisk99 @ 30 Jul 2014, 14:21) *
Fair enough, ad as for Japan, ironically enough, a few of my mates and myself have stated to design the Japanese faction for C&C, but all of us a gutter grade at idea gen, so we've decided to just play RUSE, and model most of the stuff from there, and we all (six of us) hope to be able to covert the C&C gameplay into something like RUSE, with a tonne of units, and a tonne of buildings and stuff.
[snip]

[snip]
Funny enough all of this came together within about 2 hours, with a hell of a lot of phone calls, texting and broken tips on lead pencils.........

[snip]

Sorry thought I would let peps know of my future ambitions

1st snip: Well, for designing for C&C, you first have to get a theme. What is this nation's playstyle? For the US, it's building and upgrading a few relatively small, multi-purpose squadrons and battle with those, as well as developing aerial, technological, and superweapon superiority. China is more based on large tank/infantry battalions with more specialized units. The GLA is even more specialized, relying on stealth, toxins, and salvage (because a toxin tractor is really only good against infantry, and Marauders and Scorpions are really only good (1v1) against vehicles.)

2nd snip: Basically how my novel began, without the phone calls or texting.

3rd snip: Hey, don't say sorry. I'm glad that you have ambitions with modding.

+Quote Post
(USA)Bruce
post 11 Jan 2017, 19:27
Post #17

The Forums American Hotshot Flyboy
Group Icon

Group: Tester
From: The foundation of modern freedom and Liberty;United States of America.
Member No.: 9500

QUOTE (Bradgah @ 11 Jan 2017, 18:30) *
if you type in Guild Wars ..... of what we have in those pages we rank pretty high in google search while google image search is more hit and miss.

What do you mean show off our characters?

KoP

This is a very smart add bot, I actually thought he was real.They are getting smarter.

Something I'd like to ask the devs thats unrealted; Did you guys watch the last ship? If so and if you have a ship that uses tommahawks, could it be called the nathan james?

--------------------

+Quote Post
n5p29
post 13 Jan 2017, 8:12
Post #18

Enlima Studios
Group Icon

QUOTE ((USA)Bruce @ 12 Jan 2017, 1:27) *
Something I'd like to ask the devs thats unrealted; Did you guys watch the last ship? If so and if you have a ship that uses tommahawks, could it be called the nathan james?

sorry, I haven't watched that. so I have no idea what you mean. sad.gif

about the bot, I've removed the post. and I guess I'll just lock this thread for any further necro attempt. if you still want to discuss about that tomahawk, feel free to make another thread. thanks for the report.

lock.gif lock.gif lock.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 22:25