Serialkillerwhal...
post 1 Apr 2018, 3:51
Post #1

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

Every time I try, the bradley ends up permanently in a state of "firing" it's main cannon, so it doesn't recoil, and has a permanent muzzle flash on it like those bugged rangers you used to see in zero hour.

Is there something I'm not doing right?

EDIT: I kludged together a "Fix" by attaching the Decal weapon behavior to the laser turret, then fixing the fact that it causes the laser's RoF to hit the roof by removing the SharedReloadTimes.

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 1 Apr 2018, 4:03

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
A34Comet
post 7 Apr 2018, 0:48
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 10320

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 1 Apr 2018, 10:51) *
Every time I try, the bradley ends up permanently in a state of "firing" it's main cannon, so it doesn't recoil, and has a permanent muzzle flash on it like those bugged rangers you used to see in zero hour.

Is there something I'm not doing right?

EDIT: I kludged together a "Fix" by attaching the Decal weapon behavior to the laser turret, then fixing the fact that it causes the laser's RoF to hit the roof by removing the SharedReloadTimes.

Actually I may just came cross this problem. The decal is displayed as a shadow(ZH can manually set model's shadow texture instead of let game egine do it) of a hidden object which created by the unit mainbody's automatically firing weapons. There a several modeltags that can do the trick, but all of them have a problem, that is the main unit's primary weapon's muzzleflash WILL ALWAYS SHOWUP,none the less, if those weapon's have recoil setting, those will apply too(this is the reason that why most of those who have decals can't really attack or they are using laser like weapons that do not really have muzzleflash or recoil).

For the decal showing weapon, it is auto firing at a rate of 33ms per shot, which means in you eyes those muzzle flash and weapon recoil is always show in unproper status. To slove it...one way is to remove the weapon's muzzleflash setting and use hideSubObject to permanently hide the muzzleflash, but it may look strange when the unit is firing; Another way is that you make a simple model anim, check ROTR187 for blackbear and sentinal, they are just using this trick to display muzzleflash instead of using muzzleflash setting.

DefaultConditionState
Model = RVBlckBr
Animation = RVBlckBr.RVBlckBr
AnimationMode = ONCE
Flags = START_FRAME_LAST

this RVBlckBr.RVBlckBr modelanim is just a simple one that the muzzleflash texture showup and hide at different frames. While the unit is not firing, the anim stay at the last frame so the muzzleflash texture didn't show up(transparent at 1.0 actually)

ConditionState = FIRING_A
Flags = START_FRAME_FIRST
TransitionKey = TRANS_START_FIRING
End

and when it is firing, let the anim play from the first frame so you can see the muzzleflash for a very short time(like what game egine will do)

And, seems the bug only affect the top one on you weaponset, so you don't need to do this anim for secondary or terity weapons if they do not use the same barrle(even they do you can just use AliasConditionState = )

+Quote Post
Serialkillerwhal...
post 7 Apr 2018, 7:09
Post #3

Orcinius Genocidalus
Group Icon

Member No.: 9223
No, you move.

So I can just slap a dummy weapon into the primary slot, move the cannon to secondary, missiles to tertiary, modify the commands for changing weapons and call it a day?

This post has been edited by Serialkillerwhale: 7 Apr 2018, 7:10

--------------------

+Quote Post
A34Comet
post 7 Apr 2018, 8:22
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 10320

QUOTE (Serialkillerwhale @ 7 Apr 2018, 14:09) *
So I can just slap a dummy weapon into the primary slot, move the cannon to secondary, missiles to tertiary, modify the commands for changing weapons and call it a day?

I did think so but haven't tried yet. I think it could be working. No way Blackbear and sentinal can do that because they already have three weapon.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 March 2024 - 21:49