Reply to this topicStart new topic
Geistkrieg- A shadow over Egypt., New mod from Mid East Crisis 2 developers
Adoge
post 17 May 2015, 5:02
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 11052

Whilst trawling through moddb I was surprised to see a mod for Starcraft 2 called Geistkrieg- A Shadow over Egypt.
What surprised me was that it didn't sound like a Starcraft 2 mod from its description.
After searching the moddb page and Deviantart I've found these pictures:

According to its description it is a Weird World War Two RTS of sorts. Link here
At initial observation it appeared to be little more than a World War Two mod with some Air Ships flying around, but then I visited the website: Tankrush.
Essentially its Cthulhu Axis/Reich vs Scientific Allies (Subversively controlled by the Illuminati and Freemasons it seems- this hasn't been confirmed.)

I was struck by the uniqueness of the concept and the quality of the models.
The two factions: the Allies and the Reich, are very different.

The Reich is ruled by a new Kaiser, a former soldier who was insane. However this soldier, as his mind slowly decayed, found something. He found an Old God,the god offered him salvation and glory for a price. This empowered the former soldier to the status of Kaiser, and the German Reich was reborn. From what is mentioned this faction will be a mix of typical German technology and massive fortress bases, with Demonic creatures, the undead and void powers. Their arsenal also includes weapons such as Sky Battleships and moving lightning clouds. The Reich can also summon demons from mentally weakened enemies. Along with this the Rich has a special resource called souls that we are yet to hear about.

The Allies are all about technology. They are the last human bastions on Earth to stand against the Old God and his legions. The story puts them as willing to do whatever is necessary to win the war. From pictures I have seen (look at the Allied base, particularly on the wings of the airships) there is also some Freemason and Illuminati influence (look on Airships for Freemason symbol and the refinery in the top-centre for the All-Seeing Eye), as the lore says the Allies are willing to turn their backs on democracy for survival. The Allies utilise technology found in South America and have massive Sky Factories, teleportation technology and the ability to enlarge units. Their Shermans can respawn and they can paradrop units across the map. They also, like the Reich, have a unique resource known as Hourglass Sand.

I'm loving the sound of the gameplay and to add to this there is a more dynamic day and night cycle (I'd imagine certain things go bump in the night) and a sanity bar for all units (I'd imagine this is how you can summon Geist demons).

All in all I'm following and I hope others will too. I enjoyed Mid-East Crisis 2 and I hope this will impress too.

Also I understand it may be moved as it could be considered a game discussion thread.

P.S: This is a very interesting idea and reminds me of an idea I had a few years ago where the Illuminati dominated Western Allies were fighting the Black Sun Cult controlled Nazis and the Internationale (A union of Eastern Europe, Russia and China) in a three way WW2. I was actually gonna post this a little while back but then this came and I decided to stop flooding the ideas topic with my ideas.

This post has been edited by Adoge: 22 May 2015, 7:12

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

My Ideas: (Criticism appreciated)

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Basilisk vs Echelon, Unit and General List

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

Global Chaos (Working Title)

My current Fourth General(s):
USA: H.Y.D.R.A, General Schwarzkopf (under development)

GLA: Colonel Abis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thelord444
post 17 May 2015, 12:01
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 9986

I never played Starcraft 2 but it looks super awesome, seriously very good mod, i might to go get Starcraft.

--------------------
"He who heard is not like he who saw"

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 17 May 2015, 12:35
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Looks phenomenal,wish I have more powerful PC.

+Quote Post
Adoge
post 22 May 2015, 7:27
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 11052

According to the Development Team, the Allies will feature in the first "Rough" alpha, which will lack infantry, sound and Particles.

Following this new units, FX and the Reich will slowly be added on.

The Development team may add the Soviet Union and Japan, whom both worship the Old Gods. As such, the developers like to look at each faction as having a positive national element and a negative old gods enduced one- for example the Reich has a sense of Prussian Duty and Honour, coupled with Occult scientists. There may also be sub-factions added, like the Ottomans, French, British and Italians depending on how they go.

--------------------
A place where I posted my idea about a possible take on the Post-Red Alert 2 Command and Conquer universe: Reimagining Post Red Alert 2

If you wish to share your faction and RTS game ideas and provide constructive criticism on others', come and join us in this thread: Faction, World and RTS Game ideas

My Ideas: (Criticism appreciated)

Directorate vs Remnant, Backstory Part 1, Backstory Part 2, Characters and groups of the Directorate and Remnant

Basilisk vs Echelon, Unit and General List

Cataclysm: Embers of Hope (an RTS) (This where I will post most of my idea for Cataclysm.)

Global Chaos (Working Title)

My current Fourth General(s):
USA: H.Y.D.R.A, General Schwarzkopf (under development)

GLA: Colonel Abis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 April 2024 - 8:08