post 5 Aug 2009, 1:38
Post #1

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

Hey Guys,

Here's another thread I usually make on forums. I'm always fascinated by people's usernames. And pretty much everyone has some kind of back story to it. So I'll go first I8.gif

Pickysaurus
n.
1. A fictional dinosaur of the Triassic period. Characterised by it's robotic body and picky personality.
2. A guy named Mike who lives in England.
3. A word used to describe someone who is incredibly selective.

Origins of Pickysaurus:

Ok, so a lot of you might be curious about my name. It came about within the last twelve months of my life when I befriended a girl called Alex. She was hooked on drugs, smoking and meaningless sex. I helped her to give up those things and acted as her conscience or moral guide.
I once told her she reminded me of a cat, so naturally she thought of an animal that matched me. At first it was an owl, because of my 'wisdom'. Then I made several comments about being an owl and she changed her mind. She said I was so picky that I should be a Pickysaurus. And so the nickname was born.

The name also represents the 3rd online embodiment of myself. After losing my girlfriend under my previous alias, Lama195, it became too much of a sore memory to continue under that name. Mainly because a great deal of our relationship was based around online communication. So for a while I went back to "MikeWatling" (as some of you may remember from Fallout Studios) until I finally decided to give myself a new name.

Oh and one last thing, the plural of Pickysaurus is Pickysauri, not Pickysauruses, but there's no need for using it as I'm the only Pickysaurus I8.gif

So what's your story?

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Overdose
post 5 Aug 2009, 1:43
Post #2

Hardly Diplomatic
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 4
Projects: Retired

This scene of Pulp Fiction and a video game called Gungrave: Overdose.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alias
post 5 Aug 2009, 1:48
Post #3

Cool Guy
Group Icon

Member No.: 46

Back over when E-Studios WAS E-Studios I went though quite a ridiculous number of name changes and thus settled on my last change as something that encompassed them all, and it sort of stuck.

Been with it since late '06-early '07, really can't remember the exact date.

This post has been edited by Alias: 5 Aug 2009, 1:49

--------------------

+Quote Post
Revan
post 5 Aug 2009, 2:03
Post #4

Your local people consuming mutant
Group Icon

Member No.: 18
Projects: SWR Mapper & Tester

One of the main characters in Star Wars: Knights of the old Republic, which I was playing when I first went online and needed an alias. Stuck with it ever since.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 5 Aug 2009, 2:11
Post #5

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2
Projects: SWR Productions

When I registered in the dark ages back in Revora, I wanted to register to contribute or be part of the Rise of the Reds community. I first registered under C0|V|R4DE but since it was way to hard to read for some people I simplified it as Comr4de. =)

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
katmoda12
post 5 Aug 2009, 2:27
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 64

My name is from a track of the PS2 videogame Wipeout Fusion (2002), i liked the name because in my language sounds very well,
even if in other languages sounds really awful as proved in the 1st video feed by the_hunter and comr4de when they say my nickname.

The funny thing is that if you google my name the first 3 pages are my profiles in various ZH mod's forums.

I became more famous than the meme that created me.

This post has been edited by katmoda12: 5 Aug 2009, 2:30

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 5 Aug 2009, 3:12
Post #7

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

My Name Started when i was not here yet,i always had my name during skirmish games.
One reason why i got this this name because i was a friend to everyone i knew in my school.

--------------------

+Quote Post
C.o.m.m.a.n.d.e....
post 5 Aug 2009, 7:46
Post #8

Group Icon

Member No.: 167

i have used this name since around 2002 or so not this exact way tho i use the periods inbetween the letters only in forums otherwise in games its normaly Commander989 or just Commander when possible i remember when i stuck with it too it was starcraft when i changed my name after i quit a clan was Commander_1 and its been that way evr since. before i started using commander tho i used KiLLeR_GhoSt_1, still do actually only in rpgs mostly tho.

+Quote Post
Edsato82
post 5 Aug 2009, 8:22
Post #9

Group Icon

Member No.: 142

I have no idea of the origin of my name but my nickname is the initials of my first name and my last names (Eduardo Santis Torres) and the number is the year of birth 1982. Simple

--------------------

+Quote Post
The_Hunter
post 5 Aug 2009, 9:42
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1
Bitch slapping SAGE since 2003

My nick name is orginates from over 10 years ago when i played the first Aliens Vs Predator game and called myself The Hunter on that in lan games i used to play with friends i stuck to that name ever since.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MARS
post 5 Aug 2009, 10:10
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

From Dragon Quest/Warrior Monsters:

This beast is called Rayburn. It's a golden tyrannosaurus with wings. It breathes poison and friggin' cuts DEVILS in half. I don't know why but the name just got stuck in my mind. Actually, it's not even a very powerful monster but he looked cool and his name seemed kinda out of place. Most of the other monsters are named after their defining traits but this one, he's just a total eccentric.

+Quote Post
Shock
post 5 Aug 2009, 11:36
Post #12

Forum Green
Group Icon

Member No.: 17

Back in '05 I once registered at E-studios for technical help on a problem with Zero Hour. I did so under the name Aftershock, the exact reason why I chose that one I don't really know.

When I got active in the mod community as a real member of E studios, about a year later, I changed my name to Shirou, after an Anime character from the anime Fate/Stay Night which I really liked. Like with all things, my anime interest didn't last and I found it to be outdated. For lack of inspiration I returned the display name to my Login name, and lately I simplified it to Shock.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stinger
post 5 Aug 2009, 11:51
Post #13

Kitteh
Group Icon

Member No.: 6

When I joined what was then E-Studios (and is now Fallout Studios), I didn't intend on sticking around for very long and just picked the first name that came up when I was looking to Generals for inspiration.

I registered with the corny name of "Stinger Missile Site" and after a time when everyone was shortening it to Stinger I changed it and it has been Stinger ever since.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Frostyarmy
post 5 Aug 2009, 12:03
Post #14

League is Life
Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 153

Im a Big Dynasty warriors Fan my favorite person to be was Zhao Yun hence the name "Zhao"

+Quote Post
JJ
post 5 Aug 2009, 13:21
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 65

My initials, simple as that. I8.gif

+Quote Post
Vidar
post 5 Aug 2009, 13:49
Post #16

I AM ESCALATION!
Group Icon

Group: Badass
Member No.: 9
Projects: SWR Tester

Vidar actually is a norse god, and the son of Odin. Second in strenght after Thor, he lives in Landvidi a calm place of forests and tall grasses. He is the quiet one. In the end of the world called Ragnarök, Vidar kills the Fenris wolf to revenge his father Odin, by ripping the wolfs throat appart. After the dawn of the new times, Vidar will rule in Odin´s stead. He is the God of Silence, Stealth and Revenge.

I use this name because of my norse ancestors and my dedication to a more viking kind of lifestyle, besides is symbolizes my love for nature and basicly the "calm before the comming of the storm".

This post has been edited by Vidar: 5 Aug 2009, 14:12

--------------------
Stinger says:
"You are the Chuck Norris figure of our forums, you know."

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Comr4de
post 5 Aug 2009, 13:56
Post #17

Master of Wreckage
Group Icon

Group: Leader
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (Stinger @ 5 Aug 2009, 2:51) *
When I joined what was then E-Studios (and is now Fallout Studios), I didn't intend on sticking around for very long and just picked the first name that came up when I was looking to Generals for inspiration.

I registered with the corny name of "Stinger Missile Site" and after a time when everyone was shortening it to Stinger I changed it and it has been Stinger ever since.

Hehe, and now look at you, you're one of us nao I8.gif

--------------------

SWR Co-Lead | Texture Artist | Modeler | Level Designer | Fan of all things Awesome

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 5 Aug 2009, 14:46
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96

NergiZed is basically Energized spelled retardedly. People often mispronounce as 'Nerg-Ee-Zed', which is annoying but inevitable because it's prolly you're supposed to read it in English.

This post has been edited by NergiZed: 5 Aug 2009, 14:46

--------------------

+Quote Post
RaiDK
post 5 Aug 2009, 15:21
Post #19

GAAAAAAAAAIKIIIIIIIIING!
Group Icon

Member No.: 68

A while back I registered on the SRWG forums under the username "RaiDK" and the displayname "Dark Raideen". One server change later, I discovered this new server no longer supported the displayname bit so I was stuck with RaiDK.

So yes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jester
post 5 Aug 2009, 15:38
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 80
Forum Mechanic

Jester originated from top gun as he was one of the instrutors in the film tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 5 Aug 2009, 15:58
Post #21

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

KamuiK, short form of Kamui Kunitsuna;
Kamui (jap. male name) = 'the one holding gods power' and 'the one hunting gods power'
Kunitsuna (jap. name of a legendary sword) = 'the sword slaying demons'
taken together in western form and enshortened
-> KamuiK
Kamui Kunitsuna is also a cooler derivation of my real name, which translates 'strong and fast swordsman'.

+Quote Post
Pickysaurus
post 5 Aug 2009, 16:49
Post #22

Officer of the European Continental Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 71
Community Manager at Nexus Mods

QUOTE (KamuiK @ 5 Aug 2009, 12:58) *
KamuiK, short form of Kamui Kunitsuna;
Kamui (jap. male name) = 'the one holding gods power' and 'the one hunting gods power'
Kunitsuna (jap. name of a legendary sword) = 'the sword slaying demons'
taken together in western form and enshortened
-> KamuiK
Kamui Kunitsuna is also a cooler derivation of my real name, which translates 'strong and fast swordsman'.

Kamuik is quite a common online name. As I have known several person by that name on various website. (Unless they were all you)

Most notable was Kamuik on a forum that closed down called x.Rebellion

--------------------

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 5 Aug 2009, 21:13
Post #23

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

AFAIK there are only 4 sites I have seen where there is a Kamuik (and only one of them capitalized it correctly - see KamuiK). If the name is already taken, which happened only 2 times so far, I go over to KamuiKunitsuna.

+Quote Post
Cobretti
post 6 Aug 2009, 0:25
Post #24

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 47

Mine is simply German for "the warrior."

--------------------
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."-- George S. Patton

Resquiescat in pace, CommanderJB 1991-2009

+Quote Post
Boidy
post 6 Aug 2009, 0:38
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 118

I have changed my name numerous times since I first joined E-Studios in late 2004. Switchblade, Machairi, Leatherneck, CBoidy, just to name a few.

I share the name of an inkblot test and a character from Watchmen. This is because Rorschach represents objectivist philosophy in Watchmen. That and the fact that he wears a fedora and trench coat... it was like a match made in heaven.

Though I'll be honest, I think I'm due for a change at some point soon here.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27 April 2024 - 19:48