Airsofters?
ultimentra
post 3 Sep 2009, 1:29
Post #1

^_^
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 134

Does anyone here airsoft? If so what gun do you have and whats your loadout? I currently have:

Multicam BDUs
OD Green Battle Vest w/ 4 Double AK pouches and 2 utility pouches.
Airsoft face mask
Mechanix Gloves
Multicam Custom German Officers hat (custom made for my team)

Guns:
AGM HK416 Full Stock
CYMA AK105
SRC XM8 (want to sell it)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 3 Sep 2009, 1:51
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 96
Projects: SWR Productions

HYES! Finally, someone here who plays!

I generally just go into the woods with a few friends and guns (with light gloves and goggles) and just play either team deathmatch, king of the hill, capt the flag or free for all. I have a shitton of awesome army gear (of many nationalities) but I generally find that they aren't very comfortable and just get in the way; a nice camo T-shirt and pants are more than enough for me.

My gun is a JG (Golden Bow) Steyr AUG, I've got two high-cap mags for it. It's a really awesome gun that has great accuracy, has a decent RoF, easy to disassemble and looks swell. Considering the fact that it outlasted my both my friend's $150 FN-200 and $180 Classic Army Paratrooper AK-47 without maintenance, it's an $80 well spent. During night battles I velcro a $15 LED flashlight to my gun, works quite well (turns all my BBs into tracer rounds when it's on, though it paints a big fat target on me). I have a red-dot scope and laser designator, but I generally don't use them.

My friend's actually trying to get some spare parts to repair his guns, so PM me, 'cause I may be able to find a buyer for your SRC XM8.

edit:
My gear (excluding the hat, that was for the photo shoot only)

This post has been edited by NergiZed: 3 Sep 2009, 1:54

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chyros
post 3 Sep 2009, 2:46
Post #3

Forum Chemist
Group Icon

Member No.: 19
Projects: ShockWave Tester
In birro veritas.

If airsoft would've been legal in the Netherlands, I probably would be utterly penniless and in the possession of a dozen or so airsoft guns D: .

--------------------
TN

"The courageous enter dark caves alone. The clever send in the courageous first. The cleverest wait behind the clever."
--The Book of Cataclysm

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 3 Sep 2009, 3:57
Post #4

Group Icon

QUOTE (Chyros @ 2 Sep 2009, 18:46) *
If airsoft would've been legal in the Netherlands, I probably would be utterly penniless and in the possession of a dozen or so airsoft guns D: .

Looks like you don't live...

In America!

tongue.gif

Truth be told, airsoft is a rather expensive sport, but if you know what you're doing, you can generally find a good gun for cheap.

This post has been edited by NergiZed: 3 Sep 2009, 3:58

--------------------

+Quote Post
ultimentra
post 3 Sep 2009, 9:21
Post #5

^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 134

Awesome stuff Nerg! Glad theres a fellow player out there. Multicam works extremely well out in the Arizona desert, thats why my team (49th Commandos) wear it. I am part of the Tucson Airsoft Coalition. They basically organize weekend games in Tucson Arizona, and we usually have 20-30 people are our games. Sometimes we have close to 100 at the big events though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
NergiZed
post 3 Sep 2009, 23:05
Post #6

Group Icon

20-30 is pretty friggn' awesome. Our operation is much smaller and much less organized; more like a handful of people per game with the biggest game we've ever had at about 25 people.

That said, I actually enjoy the smaller games better, especially when it's around 4 people and it's a free-for-all. In those games you just listen for noises and try to be as quite and as protected as you can be. Nothing will happen for 10 or 20 min, but eventually, someone will find someone else, and if he plays it right, he'll take out the guy without giving him a chance to fire back, and then the game cat-and-mouse continues, with one less person.

Night-battles are also fun, but it's really hard to play and there's a much higher chance of getting injured (we have most of our games in mountainous areas, so there's plenty of opportunities to break a limb, or worse). We generally play night-battles in empty fields that border forests, those battles usually turn out to be awesome, especially when things heat up and there's tracers going all over the place.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28 April 2024 - 16:13