Reply to this topicStart new topic
Amphibious locomotor problem
five star genera...
post 31 Jan 2016, 19:37
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10312

Ok i noticed that Sentinel cant damage or destroy some units while those units are on water like pandur, transport ship.
And i belive the problem is in locomotor cause when they not on water they can be destroyed, damaged.

This post has been edited by five star general: 31 Jan 2016, 21:07
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Shiro
post 31 Jan 2016, 20:32
Post #2

Gamer Girl
Group Icon

Group: Legend
Member No.: 182
Friendly Freelancer

Is this only a problem with Sentinels or also other units?

+Quote Post
five star genera...
post 31 Jan 2016, 21:06
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (SoraZ @ 31 Jan 2016, 20:32) *
Is this only a problem with Sentinels or also other units?

I just tested with Golem and Claymore and same problem with them too i think all high damage tanks have this problem.
But chinese Troop Crawler works fine so i think this can be easly fixed by giving Troop Crawler water locomotor to thise units because there is no wheels turning when in water so there is no need for each unit to have specific locomotor.

+Quote Post
n5p29
post 1 Feb 2016, 15:37
Post #4

Enlima Studios
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 482

nothing to do with the locomotor. it's probably because those weapons are using DumbProjectileBehavior (such as tank shells, non-missiles, and other non-tracking projectiles), resulting the projectile going to the bottom of the water below that unit on the water (instead to the unit itself). so those amphibious units only can be damaged with direct/instantaneous weapons like bullets or tracking missiles, or if you're lucky, with the shell weapons that has splash damage.

it's a SAGE bug I noticed when I'm tinkering with my naval units. on shallow waters it is less noticeable, but on deep waters where you can see the lakebottom/seabed you can see the bug clearly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
five star genera...
post 1 Feb 2016, 19:52
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (n5p29 @ 1 Feb 2016, 15:37) *
nothing to do with the locomotor. it's probably because those weapons are using DumbProjectileBehavior (such as tank shells, non-missiles, and other non-tracking projectiles), resulting the projectile going to the bottom of the water below that unit on the water (instead to the unit itself). so those amphibious units only can be damaged with direct/instantaneous weapons like bullets or tracking missiles, or if you're lucky, with the shell weapons that has splash damage.

it's a SAGE bug I noticed when I'm tinkering with my naval units. on shallow waters it is less noticeable, but on deep waters where you can see the lakebottom/seabed you can see the bug clearly.

You are right about missiles they do damage i know that but when i give troop crawlers locomotor to transport ship it also gets damaged from all weapons and i even change speeds so it fits that unit, so not sure did you guys make that on purpose or its a bug. Anyway i fix that for my version of ROTR i dont play online anyway so no problem there.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 April 2024 - 3:17