Reply to this topicStart new topic
2v2 Tournament Continent
Darky
post 18 Jan 2013, 19:02
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 9643

So, just had an awesome 2v2 with Kicho (thanks for the Hans bro, you really saved my bacon a couple times), Ulater and Casojin.

After losing the middle, I went for a risky tactic and developed my secondary economy with almost no units to defend me. It soon paid back and I've built a gigantic defense line, and there were some really creative and almost lethal attacks on it. Still, we prevailed and European Defense Industries did the rest of the speaking.

See for yourself.

The game was quite fun, and the game didn't fail to detect it at the very end. mindfuck.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Knjaz.
post 19 Jan 2013, 2:26
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Tester
Member No.: 9155

Well, you've definitely improved in terms of ECA turtling. biggrin.gif

Still, there're several critical mistakes, that you paid for.

1) You have those GDI Sensor Arrays from TS for a reason. That's your main way of detecting stealth. They'd have s saved you from all trouble, that you received from Ulater's bombtrucks.

2) Howitzers and airforce. Seriously, they could quickly deal with Ulater's Grads, making your advance so much easier. Your waves of Leopards were annihilated by ~5 Grads several times in a row. Howitzers would've also solved the Ural truck problem, allowing Kicho to provide better air support.
They would've also solved the GLA tunnel GP problem, that wasted your base so much. Airforce would've dealt with Jarmen, when it was disabling your PP. (well, if you'd use Sensors, Jarmen wouldnt get in in first place)

3) Never combine Manticore and Propaganda effect. Their healing does not stack, and I've often seen instances, when Prop. Healing aura was taking over Manticore's one, rendering Manticore unable to heal units around it.

4) Once again, grads. Grads and choppers - I recommend you paying more attention to battlefield, and choosing the right unit composition for the task. If you want to go steamrolling like I do - it's not just about mass of tanks. Mass of tanks is easy to counter, unless it's a mass of superheavies. And even then arty always helps. You have to chose the proper build order - for me it'd be 2 leopards per 1 gepard in your situation. (i.e., in WF, you hit Leo hotkey twice, Gepard hotkey once, repeat). How much damage those choppers dealt to you, when just several Gepards would've saved you from alot of trouble? You did build it, but kinda late.

5) if you dont want Manticore to lag behind too much, making it unable to heal units in front, use formation. (Ctrl+F). Also, I'm really recommending to take field promotion GP when you're deciding to go Manticore - it really helps it to survive. One point of emergency repair may also save your rank 3 manticore from dying, allowing it to survive just a bit longer - but long enough to reduce enemy damage output to levels where inner manticore's repair ability can deal with it.

To Ulater I'd say one thing - dying with more than 130.000$ in your bank is... not the way to go. =\
Especially when you're GLA. Since Darky didn't have any kind of airforce and howitzers, you could've just synchronized the use of tunnel and all other GLA powers on his base, totally wasting his secondary eco.

This post has been edited by Knjaz.: 19 Jan 2013, 2:32

+Quote Post
Darky
post 19 Jan 2013, 9:14
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (Knjaz. @ 19 Jan 2013, 3:26) *
Well, you've definitely improved in terms of ECA turtling. biggrin.gif

Still, there're several critical mistakes, that you paid for.

1) You have those GDI Sensor Arrays from TS for a reason. That's your main way of detecting stealth. They'd have s saved you from all trouble, that you received from Ulater's bombtrucks.

2) Howitzers and airforce. Seriously, they could quickly deal with Ulater's Grads, making your advance so much easier. Your waves of Leopards were annihilated by ~5 Grads several times in a row. Howitzers would've also solved the Ural truck problem, allowing Kicho to provide better air support.
They would've also solved the GLA tunnel GP problem, that wasted your base so much. Airforce would've dealt with Jarmen, when it was disabling your PP. (well, if you'd use Sensors, Jarmen wouldnt get in in first place)

3) Never combine Manticore and Propaganda effect. Their healing does not stack, and I've often seen instances, when Prop. Healing aura was taking over Manticore's one, rendering Manticore unable to heal units around it.

4) Once again, grads. Grads and choppers - I recommend you paying more attention to battlefield, and choosing the right unit composition for the task. If you want to go steamrolling like I do - it's not just about mass of tanks. Mass of tanks is easy to counter, unless it's a mass of superheavies. And even then arty always helps. You have to chose the proper build order - for me it'd be 2 leopards per 1 gepard in your situation. (i.e., in WF, you hit Leo hotkey twice, Gepard hotkey once, repeat). How much damage those choppers dealt to you, when just several Gepards would've saved you from alot of trouble? You did build it, but kinda late.

5) if you dont want Manticore to lag behind too much, making it unable to heal units in front, use formation. (Ctrl+F). Also, I'm really recommending to take field promotion GP when you're deciding to go Manticore - it really helps it to survive. One point of emergency repair may also save your rank 3 manticore from dying, allowing it to survive just a bit longer - but long enough to reduce enemy damage output to levels where inner manticore's repair ability can deal with it.

To Ulater I'd say one thing - dying with more than 130.000$ in your bank is... not the way to go. =\
Especially when you're GLA. Since Darky didn't have any kind of airforce and howitzers, you could've just synchronized the use of tunnel and all other GLA powers on his base, totally wasting his secondary eco.

Thank you, as you may have noticed I followed some of the earlier advice.

1. Initially I planned to go with Pandora so I couldn't afford spending a point on the defense upgrades. And if you mean the Mobile Sensor Array, I totally forgot about it, another helpful advice.

2. I see, well I trusted that my Guard Towers would be enough, and as I have mentioned before, I couldn't notice something was destroying my reactor before it was. I refrained from investing in air force most because of how powerful heavy AA is.

3. That's not something I was controlling, but I will tell my teammate next time, which won't happen ever again because Manticore blows in a bad way. mindfuck.gif

4. I completely understand that, but that wasn't exactly damage I was taking, was in no hurry to end the game. I know that combined arms is necessary to win the game, which is what happened at the end.

5. I did not know that there was a formation button, that sounds really helpful and exactly what I was looking for. Is there a formation movement button? As for Manticore, I seriously doubt that I will ever take it again, because even on the offensive Nerve Gas strikes and indiscriminate neutron bombardment would help a lot more, be it with neutron bombs or Pandora itself.

I don't think that he could defeat my secondary economy in that manner, as I had plenty of towers at Kicho's base and also after my Solar Reactor was rebuilt at Kicho's base, my base defenses couldn't really be penetrated. Thanks for taking your time to watch the replay and providing analysis, some of the advice here was really helpful.

This post has been edited by DarkyPwnz: 19 Jan 2013, 9:14

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 19 Jan 2013, 16:31
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

Amazing game! biggrin.gif

The DarkyPwnz had big problems against the invisible GLA. shit.gif

This replay shows how difficult it is to play with the GLA when the game is in advanced stages. Economically GLA players possessed a superior economy however could not beat the enemy units with tactics 'rush' or 'hit-and-run'.

This post has been edited by __CrUsHeR: 19 Jan 2013, 16:31

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Darky
post 19 Jan 2013, 18:08
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (__CrUsHeR @ 19 Jan 2013, 17:31) *
Amazing game! biggrin.gif

The DarkyPwnz had big problems against the invisible GLA. shit.gif

This replay shows how difficult it is to play with the GLA when the game is in advanced stages. Economically GLA players possessed a superior economy however could not beat the enemy units with tactics 'rush' or 'hit-and-run'.

Not true, I had 800k supplies collected in the end and that's 300k more than the second. The problems only arose from my dumbness for not having a few reserve Tigers to kill Sneak Attacks and not using Sensor Arrays against Bomb Trucks.

+Quote Post
__CrUsHeR
post 19 Jan 2013, 21:52
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 9084
"No. Not even in the face of Armageddon. Never compromise."

QUOTE (DarkyPwnz @ 19 Jan 2013, 15:08) *
Not true, I had 800k supplies collected in the end and that's 300k more than the second. The problems only arose from my dumbness for not having a few reserve Tigers to kill Sneak Attacks and not using Sensor Arrays against Bomb Trucks.

I watched about an hour of play (you guys were winning the GLA green - Casojin). your team lost the game in the end?

From what I even realized you made ​​some mistakes as you said, put the GLA players used the best tactics of faction ('hit-and-run') and not had success, their economy was excellent and still were not able to attack or counter-attack in order to win.

What was their mistake with the GLA? They used everything that was at the disposal to be able to win (Demo Truck, artillery, tanks, infantry, Angry Mob, toxins, gen. Powers, planes...), and were not able to win. It seems to me that the GLA has trouble late in the game.

--------------------

You already imagined how would be SAP in the ROTR's universe? Check out this fan-fiction: South American Pact Introduction

+Quote Post
Darky
post 19 Jan 2013, 23:44
Post #7

Group Icon

I had a monster of an economy that was enough to cover both my and my ally's base with enough defenses to last forever.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29 March 2024 - 12:25