IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
[Rise of the Reds Suggestion] Singaporean and Filipino Factions and Generals, What if Singapore and The Philippines assisted USA, China and ECA?
VonnMillard
post 25 Dec 2016, 12:11
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13900

SWR Productions, do you think that Singapore and The Philippines can be added into ROTR or make an Expansion for ROTR including them?
Leave your thoughts here...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 25 Dec 2016, 12:42
Post #2

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

No

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Hanfield
post 25 Dec 2016, 12:55
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Dev. Team
Member No.: 10884

Hold your horses, they still have Israel, Pakistan, Iran, India, Nigeria, Randomafricancountry and Albania in the queue

--------------------
"don't live, hanfield"
"i swear to god, if this was a room full of you people i'd be taking off my gloves and slapping hanfield every 5 minutes"

- bruce 2016

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 25 Dec 2016, 12:59
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 9081

Call me an asshole, but I have to be honest...
Does anyone actually cares about Singapore and The Philippines ?

+Quote Post
M01
post 25 Dec 2016, 13:04
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 10658
Yo buddy... Still Alive?

and Canada....Mexico...Australia.... you might as well add every country

also you must be new here

http://forums.swr-productions.com/index.php?act=boardrules <--- please visit this first

Welcome to Forums biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 25 Dec 2016, 13:09
Post #6

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

Member No.: 10454
"We have watched, we have waited, now... we act!"

QUOTE (re_simeone @ 25 Dec 2016, 20:59) *
Call me an asshole, but I have to be honest...
Does anyone actually cares about Singapore and The Philippines ?

We have tikbalangs,manananggals,tyanak, and other mythical creatures. Not even the full brunt of the US army can stop us! Raptors? hah!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lars
post 25 Dec 2016, 13:12
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 13358

I can't speak for Singapore, but the Philippines doesn't have much in the way of a particularly strong military tradition. Before the creation of the Philippines as an independent state we were(and still are to an extent) an archipelago that held multiple ethnic groups; inevitable conflict between different groups and geographical separation precluded the formation of a singular cultural identity(and therefore the adoption of a singular popular approach to warfare). Historically, we didn't enjoy much success in open battle against foreign opponents; Just look at the Revolution or the Philippine-American War. The pre-1947 organizations(and to this day, Islamic radicals and filthy commies) and the AFP (Armed Forces of the Philippines) as a whole do have much experience in guerilla and COIN tactics/kebab removal however, respectively. Although its kind of a hit or a miss sometimes with the AFP with the internal corruption and incompetence that plagues it. I suppose you could sum it up as it being mostly competent in its role if unremarkable.

In terms of equipment the AFP either have awoefully outdated equipment (regular units still use modified M14 rifles or M16A1s and our SOCOM equivalent make use of modernized M3 Grease Guns) or are lacking entirely in certain aspects such as armored units (Although this can be argued as a lack of need considering the topography and the nature of low-intensity conflict) and ESPECIALLY our airforce. So much so that there's a local joke that goes something like: "We may have the air but we don't have the force". The recent modernization program has aimed to ameliorate these problems, to limited success so far. We'll just have to see what the future holds for the AFP.

(Note: The AFP also sent detachments to assist in both the Koren and Vietnam War. As to their performance a cursory search gives me nothing.)

Took me a while to type that out.

This post has been edited by Lars: 25 Dec 2016, 13:13

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 25 Dec 2016, 13:13
Post #8

Guardsman
Group Icon

Member No.: 9379
Armageddon is here..............

People still don't bother to read the the FAQ even now.

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
Graion Dilach
post 25 Dec 2016, 13:16
Post #9

Supérior Caliburwielder
Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10093
Just a random modder trying to give a helping hand.

Filipinos are actually giant consumers on the video game market. Pandering to them for selling games worths it. Talim from Soul Calibur and Josie Rizal from Tekken are just two Filipinos who come into my mind for these reasons. (Although the former got really popular for various reasons beyond the fact she's Filipino).

This post has been edited by Graion Dilach: 25 Dec 2016, 13:16

--------------------

AS Discord server: https://discord.gg/7aM7Hm2 | SWR Community Discord https://discord.gg/REcbv37
ComradeCrimson: AS is the product of Hungarian acid
ComradeCrimson: And magical hussars
Dutchygamer: and Weird Al.

QUOTE (Hanfield @ 17 Dec 2016, 20:47)
we have players who don't play, testers who don't test, devs who don't dev and members who don't remember

+Quote Post
Lars
post 25 Dec 2016, 13:41
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 13358

QUOTE (Graion Dilach @ 25 Dec 2016, 20:16) *
Filipinos are actually giant consumers on the video game market. Pandering to them for selling games worths it. Talim from Soul Calibur and Josie Rizal from Tekken are just two Filipinos who come into my mind for these reasons. (Although the former got really popular for various reasons beyond the fact she's Filipino).

God, they weren't even trying to hide it with Josie Rizal. To correct you somewhat Graion the great majority of the Filipino gaming market to my knowledge, as a result of the recent economic situation, is centered around MOBAs like DOTA or LoL (which are the most popular games in the Philippines) and internet cafes (Which provide affordable access to gaming to a population that comprises mostly of poorfags). If you ask me this kind of gaming culture breeds interplayer toxicity and teaches the youth improper values; Not even mentioning how many young people (and more than a few adults) waste the entirety of their days doing nothing but playing in internet cafes, contributing nothing to the advancement of the country and their own. It honestly needs to stop; people keep on complaining about the status quo (that is being poor) and yet they do nothing to improve themselves and instead waste money on micro transactions for their character.

This post has been edited by Lars: 25 Dec 2016, 13:43

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 25 Dec 2016, 13:54
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE (TimeBurner @ 25 Dec 2016, 13:09) *
We have tikbalangs,manananggals,tyanak, and other mythical creatures. Not even the full brunt of the US army can stop us! Raptors? hah!

I am aware that every second forum member is probably Filipino, but in context of mod setting, where world's superpowers are locking horns with each other,
Philippines, Venezuela, Cyprus, South Ossetia, New Zealand..And especially Singapore are totally out of place.

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 25 Dec 2016, 14:07
Post #12

Guardsman
Group Icon

I like to see my country, Vietnam in the mod too. For giggles. LOL.

With ROTR China literally controlling the entire Indochina Peninsula and a freaking "Peace with China" signboard in Saigon, even now I still wonder why a civil war didn't happen.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 25 Dec 2016, 14:09

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
M01
post 25 Dec 2016, 14:33
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 10658
Yo buddy... Still Alive?

QUOTE (X1Destroy @ 25 Dec 2016, 21:07) *
I like to see my country, Vietnam in the mod too. For giggles. LOL.

With ROTR China literally controlling the entire Indochina Peninsula and a freaking "Peace with China" signboard in Saigon, even now I still wonder why a civil war didn't happen.

I'm actually amazed your country didn't create a huge tension on China, ours was very close just because of a freaking island

+Quote Post
Shockfan42
post 25 Dec 2016, 14:59
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 8836

I think there were already lore, and design reasons preventing the rise of infinity countries. I think that the rules could be written in neon lights, and still be stealth.

--------------------
EMPEROR OF SQUIRRELKIND

+Quote Post
Mizo
post 25 Dec 2016, 15:19
Post #15

AI Coding Expert
Group Icon

Member No.: 10450

No because these countries won't even be able to lift a finger against full might of Russian and United States powers, nor can they compare to the might of a large bulk of European countries allied together, nor can they match China.

GLA is the oddball here, its more of an Anarchist/Religioud Fundamentalists group rather than a full blown country.

This post has been edited by Mizo: 25 Dec 2016, 15:19

--------------------

Not a Rusty Spoon........The_Hunter uses a goddamn wooden spoon on his AI Scripters....

+Quote Post
GDIZOCOM
post 25 Dec 2016, 15:35
Post #16

Level 17.4
Group Icon

Member No.: 131
Immaturity Incarnate

We'd best fit as a minor role filler and not as an actual faction in my opinion. In fact Manila played host to one of the US' floating fortress-like bases in an update before.

--------------------

+Quote Post
X1Destroy
post 25 Dec 2016, 16:15
Post #17

Guardsman
Group Icon

QUOTE (M01 @ 25 Dec 2016, 15:33) *
I'm actually amazed your country didn't create a huge tension on China, ours was very close just because of a freaking island

We all know why and how things are happening. The people are clearly not happy at all about this but they're kept in checked.

Ours government are to blamed for it. They're on the other side way too much. Now they can't get off the road anymore.

This post has been edited by X1Destroy: 25 Dec 2016, 16:17

--------------------
We Die Standing.

+Quote Post
MARS
post 25 Dec 2016, 16:37
Post #18

Group Icon

Group: Project Leader
Member No.: 10

1. Suggestions are not allowed.
2. Right now, four of the five factions depicted in this mod are major regional or full-fledged global superpowers, including the United States, Russia, an expanded China and a European alliance.
What makes you think that, out of all the nation states that exist in this setting, Singapore and the Philippines would have any business being playable factions that can stand up to any of these?

This post has been edited by MARS: 25 Dec 2016, 16:40

+Quote Post
Destiny
post 25 Dec 2016, 17:01
Post #19

Twintails are eternal!
Group Icon

Member No.: 74
Lurk, cleaned and mounted.

QUOTE (VonnMillard @ 25 Dec 2016, 19:11) *
SWR Productions, do you think that Singapore [...]

I don't think Major-General Melvyn Ong, Rear Admiral Lai Chung Han and Major-General Mervyn Tan Wei Ming would make interesting generals because none of them has ever seen combat. Probably only HADR operations.

8I.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nemanja
post 25 Dec 2016, 17:31
Post #20

Group Icon

...although maps set in these countries would be awesome.

+Quote Post
ComradeCrimson
post 25 Dec 2016, 18:50
Post #21

The Trench Dog
Group Icon

Member No.: 10225

QUOTE (re_simeone @ 25 Dec 2016, 18:31) *
...although maps set in these countries would be awesome.

If people want to make maps set in their beloved homelands thats all fine and dandy. I myself have had a map of Alberta on the backburner for a while for instance.

Here's the thing too. Over half of these nations mentioned have literally been absorbed by the super powers in some way as well.

Vietnam and many other South East Asian nations? They were literally thrown into the political client state status veil of China in the mod's story. China annexed neighbouring nations through political and cultural export and through the threat of the GLA they were justified in military movements as well and basically nudged nations under their rule. This also makes sense as historically China has been trying to do this since before the Song dynasty.

As for the Philippines, they would most likely turn into an American ally once again due to international relations or become a target for GLA activities due to the huge amounts of rebel groups within the country. The Philippines would likely not have a coherent force that would be palpable to stand against any of the major factions.

As for other nations like in Europe that aren't mentioned directly? Many of these are represented through Russia or the ECA. The Russians in this mod have supported Ukrainian factions and have had Eastern European volunteers from certain countries, like Belarus and some former Yugoslav territories, and the ECA has had nations like Hungary, Poland, Finland and others work alongside it to stop the Russian advance.

And for Africa? GLA or aligned to one of the major super powers. Simple as that. GLA is literally a good portion of Africa directly at this point so I'd honestly say Africa is directly represented in a lot of ways, if albeit in the form of a very violent militant organization.

Now for nations that have military prominence but aren't represented?

South American nations in general like Brazil are relatively isolationist from these global conflicts and have no interest going abroad, rather keeping their internal security tight with the formation of the SAP. Canada is represented by the United States, same as Mexico, as we are part of an economic and military bloc where while we are still an independent nation in the lore, our militaries are a lot more coordinated. And even in real life Canadian and American forces have a lot of cooperative history together, down to the point that in real life modern times a soldier from the Canadian army can share a magazine for his rifle with an American soldier, because C7 and C8 Rifles share the same ammunition type as American M4's. So Canada is technically involved in the mod, just not visually shown. Same as Mexico.

And as for the question of Israel, India, and Pakistan?

Israel has become an equivalent to North Korea in the lore, it was covered to where Israel had become so threatened by the GLA that its become a super fortress state run by the military. It has absolutely no interest or ability to expand, as its surrounded by what is essentially a post apocalyptic mad max wasteland as most of the Middle East has been rendered a chaotic wasteland by the GLA wars.

Pakistan is in a similar situation. Its government has largely fallen sans for a few bastions holding it together in some places and much of the country is left in ruin and plagued by bandits and roving warlords from neighbouring failed states.

And India? India likely is still afloat and the only candidate for being a potential faction formed from a single nation at this rate ingame but its dealing with both problems from the GLA wars still lingering and the damage its wrought as well as its own internal problems of population control and poverty, and internal security. Its also very much on guard against China who has been aggressively expanding nearby. They would likely be trading partners of Russia and other nations, being relatively distrustful towards China.

India alongside some other Southeast Asian nations have actually made a small alliance in response to this aggression, but its nothing more than a protective treaty and it has very little influence compared to the other regional powers. Signapore and Malaysia and likely Bangladesh are inside it.

MARS can likely rectify any mistakes I've made or point out things I missed, but for the most part that's the state of the world for the most part and a lore reason as to why we wouldn't include those factions. Besides the old gameplay reason of "its too much a hassle and there'd be nothing of value added to the game if we added these nations for the sake of adding them."

If you want to play a game with several nations representing their armed forces, go play Men of War Assault Squad 2.

--------------------

+Quote Post
TimeBurner
post 25 Dec 2016, 18:57
Post #22

Motherland's Finest
Group Icon

Member No.: 10454
"We have watched, we have waited, now... we act!"

QUOTE (re_simeone @ 25 Dec 2016, 21:54) *
I am aware that every second forum member is probably Filipino, but in context of mod setting, where world's superpowers are locking horns with each other,
Philippines, Venezuela, Cyprus, South Ossetia, New Zealand..And especially Singapore are totally out of place.

I understand that, too. Im just kidding there.

What could be an idea is to set the campaign to happen in some minor countries and see their own armies fighting against and or alongside with your forces.That's one thing for diversity in the campaign,cause it would be more interesting if we get to fight or ally with some other nations,other than the major factions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Purple
post 26 Dec 2016, 0:02
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 13498

Well if we are sharing ideas why not North Korea? Give them a mix of Russian and Chinese infantry and have them build the vehicle Russians get to airdrop without crew (the old 60's handmydowns). As for aircraft give them a mix of GLA aircraft and Helixes.

serious.gif

--------------------
Things I like:
- Tank blobs.
- Infantry blobs.
- BMP.

Things I dislike:
- Aggressive amounts of micromanagement.
- Superweapon whack-a-mole.

+Quote Post
Maelstrom
post 26 Dec 2016, 0:34
Post #24

The owner of the 1st legit (and signed) CD of ShockWave
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 9941

Keep in mind that there can be max 12 factions, and all of them are planned:
- ECA
- Russia
- USA
- China
- GLA
- Aliens
- Space Marines
- Demons
- Nazi Zombies
- Dinosaurs
- Chtulhu's legions
- The United Unicorn Union

No more room, sorry

--------------------

My Soundcloud profile: right here

+Quote Post
Shockfan42
post 26 Dec 2016, 0:36
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 8836

Well if we are sharing ideas why not North Korea? Give them a mix of Russian and Chinese infantry and have them build the vehicle Russians get to airdrop without crew (the old 60's handmydowns). As for aircraft give them a mix of GLA aircraft and Helixes.

Because in ROTR, the unification of Corea. Now are friends with Japan, but allies from China. The power blocks have left the individual power of countries obsolete. Seriously, outside from the interested,the someone takes the time to understand the lore?

--------------------
EMPEROR OF SQUIRRELKIND

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 April 2024 - 23:31